Subject: RFC 5963 on IPv6 Deployment in Internet Exchange Points (IXPs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 23:06:02 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5963

        Title:      IPv6 Deployment in Internet Exchange 
                    Points (IXPs) 
        Author:     R. Gagliano
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 22786
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-v6ops-v6inixp-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5963.txt

This document provides guidance on IPv6 deployment in Internet
Exchange Points (IXPs).  It includes information regarding the switch
fabric configuration, the addressing plan and general organizational
tasks that need to be performed.  IXPs are mainly a Layer 2
infrastructure, and, in many cases, the best recommendations suggest
that the IPv6 data, control, and management plane should not be
handled differently than in IPv4.  This document is not an Internet 
Standards Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC