Subject: Protocol Action: 'Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP) Additions to LIST Command' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 09:59:22 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP) Additions to LIST Command '
   <draft-elie-nntp-list-additions-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Alexey Melnikov.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-elie-nntp-list-additions-05.txt

Technical Summary

   This document defines a set of enhancements to the Network News
   Transfer Protocol (NNTP) that allows a client to request extended
   information from NNTP servers regarding server status, policy, and
   other aspects of local configuration.  These enhancements are made as
   new keywords to the existing LIST capability described in RFC 3977.

   This memo updates and formalizes the LIST DISTRIBUTIONS and LIST
   SUBSCRIPTIONS commands defined in RFC 2980.  It also adds the LIST
   COUNTS, LIST MODERATORS and LIST MOTD commands, and specifies
   additional values returned by the existing LIST ACTIVE command for
   the status of a newsgroup.

Working Group Summary

   This is an individual submission.

Document Quality

   There are at least 2 implementations for each feature documented in the document.
   While NNTP community active in IETF is very small, the document was reviewed
   by major NNTP experts.

Personnel

   Alexey Melnikov is the Responsible Area Director.