Subject: RFC 5934 on Trust Anchor Management Protocol (TAMP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 16:21:40 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5934

        Title:      Trust Anchor Management Protocol (TAMP) 
        Author:     R. Housley, S. Ashmore,
                    C. Wallace
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      91
        Characters: 196043
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pkix-tamp-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5934.txt

This document describes a transport independent protocol for the
management of trust anchors (TAs) and community identifiers stored in a
trust anchor store.  The protocol makes use of the Cryptographic
Message Syntax (CMS), and a digital signature is used to provide
integrity protection and data origin authentication.  The protocol
can be used to manage trust anchor stores containing trust anchors
represented as Certificate, TBSCertificate, or TrustAnchorInfo
objects.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC