Subject: RFC 5969 on IPv6 Rapid Deployment on IPv4 Infrastructures (6rd) -- Protocol Specification

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 09:28:11 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5969

        Title:      IPv6 Rapid Deployment on IPv4 
                    Infrastructures (6rd) -- Protocol Specification 
        Author:     W. Townsley, O. Troan
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 45278
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-softwire-ipv6-6rd-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5969.txt

This document specifies an automatic tunneling mechanism tailored to
advance deployment of IPv6 to end users via a service provider's IPv4
network infrastructure.  Key aspects include automatic IPv6 prefix
delegation to sites, stateless operation, simple provisioning, and
service, which is equivalent to native IPv6 at the sites that are
served by the mechanism.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Softwires Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC