Subject: RFC 5940 on Additional Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) Revocation Information Choices

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 16:22:07 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5940

        Title:      Additional Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) 
                    Revocation Information Choices 
        Author:     S. Turner, R. Housley
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 15127
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-turner-additional-cms-ri-choices-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5940.txt

The Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) allows revocation information
to be conveyed as part of the SignedData, EnvelopedData,
AuthenticatedData, and AuthEnvelopedData content types.  The
preferred format for revocation information is the Certificate
Revocation List (CRL), but an extension mechanism supports other
revocation information formats.  This document defines two additional
revocation information formats for Online Certificate Status Protocol
(OCSP) responses and Server-Based Certificate Validation Protocol
(SCVP) requests and responses.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC