Subject: RFC 5893 on Right-to-Left Scripts for Internationalized Domain Names for Applications (IDNA)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 08:37:53 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5893

        Title:      Right-to-Left Scripts for Internationalized
                    Domain Names for Applications (IDNA) 
        Author:     H. Alvestrand, Ed.,
                    C. Karp
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 38870
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idnabis-bidi-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5893.txt

The use of right-to-left scripts in Internationalized Domain Names
(IDNs) has presented several challenges.  This memo provides a new
Bidi rule for Internationalized Domain Names for Applications (IDNA)
labels, based on the encountered problems with some scripts and some
shortcomings in the 2003 IDNA Bidi criterion.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Internationalized Domain Names in Applications (Revised) Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC