Subject: RFC 5958 on Asymmetric Key Packages

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 17:40:59 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5958

        Title:      Asymmetric Key Packages 
        Author:     S. Turner
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 26671
        Obsoletes:  RFC5208

        I-D Tag:    draft-turner-asymmetrickeyformat-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5958.txt

This document defines the syntax for private-key information and a
content type for it.  Private-key information includes a private key
for a specified public-key algorithm and a set of attributes.  The
Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS), as defined in RFC 5652, can be
used to digitally sign, digest, authenticate, or encrypt the
asymmetric key format content type.  This document obsoletes RFC
5208.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC