Subject: RFC 5997 on Use of Status-Server Packets in the Remote Authentication Dial In User Service (RADIUS) Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 23:06:33 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5997

        Title:      Use of Status-Server Packets in 
                    the Remote Authentication Dial In User 
                    Service (RADIUS) Protocol 
        Author:     A. DeKok
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 55464
        Updates:    RFC2866

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-radext-status-server-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5997.txt

This document describes a deployed extension to the Remote
Authentication Dial In User Service (RADIUS) protocol, enabling
clients to query the status of a RADIUS server.  This extension
utilizes the Status-Server (12) Code, which was reserved for
experimental use in RFC 2865.  This document is not an Internet 
Standards Track specification; it is published for informational 
purposes.

This document is a product of the RADIUS EXTensions Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC