Subject: RFC 5919 on Signaling LDP Label Advertisement Completion

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 16:53:15 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5919

        Title:      Signaling LDP Label Advertisement Completion 
        Author:     R. Asati, P. Mohapatra,
                    E. Chen, B. Thomas
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 19455
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-end-of-lib-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5919.txt

There are situations following Label Distribution Protocol (LDP)
session establishment where it would be useful for an LDP speaker to
know when its peer has advertised all of its labels.  The LDP
specification provides no mechanism for an LDP speaker to notify a
peer when it has completed its initial label advertisements to that
peer.  This document specifies means for an LDP speaker to signal
completion of its initial label advertisements following session
establishment.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC