Subject: Re: Experimental RFC to be: <draft-nir-ipsecme-childless-06.txt>

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 09:58:04 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'A Childless Initiation
of the IKE SA' <draft-nir-ipsecme-childless-06.txt> as an Experimental
RFC.

The IESG would also like the RFC-Editor to review the comments in
the datatracker
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nir-ipsecme-childless/) related
to this document and determine whether or not they merit incorporation
into the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot and the comment
log.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nir-ipsecme-childless/

The process for such documents is described at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

   This document describes an extension to the IKEv2 protocol that
   allows an IKE SA to be created and authenticated without generating a
   Child SA.

Working Group Summary

   This document is not the product of a WG. 

Document Quality

   This is an RFC-editor independent submission.

Personnel

   The responsible Area Director is Sean Turner.

RFC Editor Note

  The IESG has concluded that this work is related to IETF work done
  in IPSECME WG, but this relationship does not prevent publishing.