Subject: RFC 5891 on Internationalized Domain Names in Applications (IDNA): Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 08:37:30 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5891

        Title:      Internationalized Domain Names in Applications 
                    (IDNA): Protocol 
        Author:     J. Klensin
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 38105
        Obsoletes:  RFC3490, RFC3491
        Updates:    RFC3492

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idnabis-protocol-18.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5891.txt

This document is the revised protocol definition for
Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs).  The rationale for changes,
the relationship to the older specification, and important
terminology are provided in other documents.  This document specifies
the protocol mechanism, called Internationalized Domain Names in
Applications (IDNA), for registering and looking up IDNs in a way
that does not require changes to the DNS itself.  IDNA is only meant
for processing domain names, not free text.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Internationalized Domain Names in Applications (Revised) Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC