Subject: Document Action: 'Emerging Service Provider Scenarios for IPv6 Deployment' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 11:23:52 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Emerging Service Provider Scenarios for IPv6 Deployment'
  <draft-ietf-v6ops-isp-scenarios-00.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ron Bonica and Dan Romascanu.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-isp-scenarios/

Technical Summary

This document describes practices and plans that are emerging among
Internet Service Providers for the deployment of IPv6 services.  They
are based on practical experience so far, as well as current plans
and requirements, reported in a survey of a number of ISPs carried
out in early 2010.  The document identifies a number of technology
gaps, but does not make recommendations.

Working Group Summary

The working group was first presented with the discussion in IETF 76, the
survey was carried out, and it was reported on in IETF 77. The working
group decided to adopt the report as a working group document at that
time. In general, while it would have been nicer to have more respondents,
the working group felt that this was a useful exercise and an informative
report.

Document Quality

The document is a report on a survey. The information derived from the
survey is reported on factually and in a manner that enables a wide
variety of interested parties to glean data from it.

Personnel

Fred Baker is shepherd. Ron Bonica is AD