Subject: RFC 5959 on Algorithms for Asymmetric Key Package Content Type

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 17:41:11 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5959

        Title:      Algorithms for Asymmetric Key Package 
                    Content Type 
        Author:     S. Turner
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 13983
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-turner-asymmetrickeyformat-algs-01.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5959.txt

This document describes the conventions for using several
cryptographic algorithms with the EncryptedPrivateKeyInfo structure,
as defined in RFC 5958.  It also includes conventions necessary to
protect the AsymmetricKeyPackage content type with SignedData,
EnvelopedData, EncryptedData, AuthenticatedData, and
AuthEnvelopedData.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC