Subject: Document Action: 'Transport of Real-time Inter-network Defense (RID) Messages' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 12:22:28 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Transport of Real-time Inter-network Defense (RID) Messages '
   <draft-moriarty-post-inch-rid-transport-03.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Tim Polk.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moriarty-post-inch-rid-transport-03.txt

Technical Summary
 
Network security incidents, such as system compromises, worms, viruses,
phishing incidents, and denial of service, typically result in the loss of
service, data, and resources both human and system.  To support
collaborative responses to such incidents, network providers and
Computer Security Incident Response Teams need tools and procedures
to support communications and tracing of security incidents.  This
document series includes draft-moriraty-post-inch-rid and
draft-moriarty-post-inch-rid-transport.

RFC 5070, "The Incident Object Description Exchange Format" (IODEF,
defines a common XML format for document exchange, and 
draft-moriarty-post-inch "Realtime Internetwork Defense" (RID) defines
extensions to IODEF intended for the cooperative handling of security
incidents within consortia of network operators and enterprises.
This document outlines the transport of IODEF and RID messages over
 HTTP/TLS.
 
Working Group Summary
 
This documents is not the product of any IETF working group.  This
document replaces draft-moriarty-post-inch-rid-soap, which was was
reviewed by IETF participants from several different Areas, as well as
prospective users of this specification outside of the IETF, but was not
approved by the IESG.  The lessons learned from 
draft-moriarty-post-inch-rid-soap have been incorporated into this
version of the specification.
 
Protocol Quality
 
Tim Polk is the responsible AD.