Subject: RFC 5943 on A Dedicated Routing Policy Specification Language Interface Identifier for Operational Testing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 09:38:36 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5943

        Title:      A Dedicated Routing Policy Specification 
                    Language Interface Identifier for Operational Testing 
        Author:     B. Haberman, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      4
        Characters: 9016
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-haberman-rpsl-reachable-test-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5943.txt

The deployment of new IP connectivity typically results in
intermittent reachability for numerous reasons that are outside the
scope of this document.  In order to aid in the debugging of these
persistent problems, this document proposes the creation of a new
Routing Policy Specification Language attribute that allows a network
to advertise an IP address that is reachable and can be used as a
target for diagnostic tests (e.g., pings).  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC