Subject: RFC 5960 on MPLS Transport Profile Data Plane Architecture

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 16:22:34 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5960

        Title:      MPLS Transport Profile Data Plane 
                    Architecture 
        Author:     D. Frost, Ed.,
                    S. Bryant, Ed.,
                    M. Bocci, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 31764
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-tp-data-plane-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5960.txt

The Multiprotocol Label Switching Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) is the
set of MPLS protocol functions applicable to the construction and
operation of packet-switched transport networks.  This document
specifies the subset of these functions that comprises the MPLS-TP
data plane: the architectural layer concerned with the encapsulation
and forwarding of packets within an MPLS-TP network.

This document is a product of a joint Internet Engineering Task Force
(IETF) / International Telecommunication Union Telecommunication
Standardization Sector (ITU-T) effort to include an MPLS Transport
Profile within the IETF MPLS and Pseudowire Emulation Edge-to-Edge
(PWE3) architectures to support the capabilities and functionalities
of a packet transport network.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC