Subject: Document Action: 'Framework for IPv4/IPv6 Translation' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 11:14:49 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Framework for IPv4/IPv6 Translation '
   <draft-ietf-behave-v6v4-framework-09.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are David Harrington and Lars Eggert.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-behave-v6v4-framework-09.txt

Technical Summary

   This note describes a framework for IPv4/IPv6 translation.  This is
   in the context of replacing NAT-PT, which was deprecated by RFC 4966,
   and to enable networks to have IPv4 and IPv6 coexist in a somewhat
   rational manner while transitioning to an IPv6 network.
   This document describes translation as one of the tools networks
   might use to facilitate coexistence and ultimate transition.

Working Group Summary

This document represents WG consensus.

Document Quality

This is not a protocol and is not implementable.
Reviewers are acknowledged in the Acknowledgement section.
No special expert review is required.

Personnel

   Dan Wing ([email-masked]) is the document shepherd.
   David Harrington is the Responsible Area Director.  
   This document requires no IANA action