Subject: RFC 5937 on Using Trust Anchor Constraints during Certification Path Processing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 16:21:53 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5937

        Title:      Using Trust Anchor Constraints during 
                    Certification Path Processing 
        Author:     S. Ashmore, C. Wallace
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 16900
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-wallace-using-ta-constraints-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5937.txt

This document describes how to use information associated with a
trust anchor public key when validating certification paths.  This
information can be used to constrain the usage of a trust anchor.
Typically, constraints are used to limit the certificate policies and
names that can appear in certification paths validated using a trust
anchor.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC