Subject: Document Action: 'Implementation Report for ForCES' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 10:55:06 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Implementation Report for ForCES'
  <draft-ietf-forces-implementation-report-02.txt> as an Informational
RFC

This document is the product of the Forwarding and Control Element
Separation Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-forces-implementation-report/

Technical Summary
  This document describes three implementations of the ForCES
  protocol, and an extensive interoperability test event that
  was done using those three implementations.

Working Group Summary
  The working group was very pleased with the results of this
  testing, and the availability of these implementations.

Document Quality
  The document is clear, readable, and informative.

Personnel

   Joel Halpern ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd.
   Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the Responsible AD.

RFC Editor Note

Section 1.2
DELETE
This document defines the specifications for this ForCES protocol.
END

---

Section 3
DELETE
The authors attest that the ForCES Protocol, Model and SCTP-TML meet
the requirements for Draft Standard.
END
---

Section 10.2
OLD
   [ethereal]
              "Ethereal is a protocol analyzer. The specific ethereal
              that was used is an updated Ethereal, by Fenggen Jia, that
              can analyze and decode the ForCES protocol messages.", <ht
              tp://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/
              wa.exe?A2=ind0906&L=FORCES&T=0&F=&S=&P=1048>.
NEW
   [ethereal]
              "Ethereal is a protocol analyzer. The specific ethereal
              that was used is an updated Ethereal, by Fenggen Jia, that
              can analyze and decode the ForCES protocol messages.", 
              http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/forces/current/
              msg03687.html

---

Section 10.2
OLD
   [tcpdump]  "Tcpdump is a linux protocol analyzer. The specific
              tcpdump that was used is a modified tcpdump, by Jamal Hadi
              Salim, that can analyze and decode the ForCES protocol
              messages.", <http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/
              wa.exe?A2=ind0906&L=FORCES&T=0&F=&S=&P=2262>.
NEW
   [tcpdump]  "Tcpdump is a linux protocol analyzer. The specific
              tcpdump that was used is a modified tcpdump, by Jamal Hadi
              Salim, that can analyze and decode the ForCES protocol
              messages.", http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/forces/
              current/msg03811.html