Subject: Document Action: 'Basic Requirements for IPv6 Customer Edge Routers' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 11:27:21 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Basic Requirements for IPv6 Customer Edge Routers'
  <draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-cpe-router-07.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ron Bonica and Dan Romascanu.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-cpe-router/

Technical Summary 

This document specifies requirements for an IPv6 Customer Edge (CE)
router. It focuses on the basic provisioning of an IPv6 CE router and the
provisioning of IPv6 hosts attached to it.

Working Group Summary 

Most notable in the working group process was direct collaboration with
the primary consumers of its recommendations - Broadband Forum, Cable
Labs, broadband ISPs, and CPE vendors.

Document Quality 

This document does not specify a protocol. It does specify a CPE router
that might be useful in residential broadband networks and the
non-security feature set they need. The security feature set is specified
in a separate working group document,
draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-simple-security, which it reference on that topic.
BBF and Cable Labs involvement has resulted in the recommendations being
in keeping with the expectations of those prominent fora.

Personnel

Fred Baker is shepherd for this document.