Subject: RFC 5938 on Individual Session Control Feature for the Two-Way Active Measurement Protocol (TWAMP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 10:15:33 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5938

        Title:      Individual Session Control Feature for 
                    the Two-Way Active Measurement Protocol (TWAMP) 
        Author:     A. Morton, M. Chiba
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 37539
        Updates:    RFC5357

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-session-cntrl-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5938.txt

The IETF has completed its work on the core specification of TWAMP --
the Two-Way Active Measurement Protocol.  This memo describes an
OPTIONAL feature for TWAMP, that gives the controlling host the
ability to start and stop one or more individual test sessions using
Session Identifiers.  The base capability of the TWAMP protocol
requires all test sessions that were previously requested and
accepted to start and stop at the same time.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC