Subject: RFC 5892 on The Unicode Code Points and Internationalized Domain Names for Applications (IDNA)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 08:37:42 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5892

        Title:      The Unicode Code Points and 
                    Internationalized Domain Names for 
                    Applications (IDNA) 
        Author:     P. Faltstrom, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      70
        Characters: 187370
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idnabis-tables-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5892.txt

This document specifies rules for deciding whether a code point,
considered in isolation or in context, is a candidate for inclusion
in an Internationalized Domain Name (IDN).  

It is part of the specification of Internationalizing Domain Names in
Applications 2008 (IDNA2008).  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Internationalized Domain Names in Applications (Revised) Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC