Subject: RFC 6533 on Internationalized Delivery Status and Disposition Notifications

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 09:18:57 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6533

        Title:      Internationalized Delivery Status and Disposition 
                    Notifications 
        Author:     T. Hansen, Ed.,
                    C. Newman, A. Melnikov
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 37990
        Obsoletes:  RFC5337
        Updates:    RFC3461, RFC3464, RFC3798, RFC6522

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-eai-rfc5337bis-dsn-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6533.txt

Delivery status notifications (DSNs) are critical to the correct
operation of an email system.  However, the existing Draft Standards
(RFC 3461, RFC 3464, RFC 6522) are presently limited to ASCII text in
the machine-readable portions of the protocol.  This specification
adds a new address type for international email addresses so an
original recipient address with non-ASCII characters can be correctly
preserved even after downgrading.  This also provides updated content
return media types for delivery status notifications and message
disposition notifications to support use of the new address type.

This document extends RFC 3461, RFC 3464, RFC 3798, and RFC 6522.
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Email Address Internationalization Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC