Subject: IETF 83 - Meeting Information

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 12:35:44 -0800 (PST)

IETF 83 Meeting
Paris, France
March 25-30, 2012
Host: TBD

Meeting venue:  Le Palais des Congres de Paris
http://www.viparis.com/Viparis/exhibition-paris/site/Palais-Congres-Paris-Paris/en/4

Register online at: http://www.ietf.org/meetings/83/

1.  Registration
2.  Visas & Letters of Invitation
3.  Accommodations
4.  Transportation to Venues
5.  Companion Program

1. Registration
	A. Early-Bird Registration - USD 650.00 Pay by Friday, 16 March 2012 1700 PT (UTC -7) 
	B. After Early-Bird cutoff - USD 800.00
	C. Full-time Student Registrations - USD 150.00 (with proper ID)
	D. One Day Pass Registration - USD 350.00
	E. Registration Cancellation 	
		Cut-off for registration cancellation is Monday, 19 March 2012 at 1700 PT (UTC -7). 
		Cancellations are subject to a 10% (ten percent)cancellation fee if requested by 
		that date and time.
	F. Online Registration and Payment ends Friday, 23 March 2012,1700 local Paris time.
	G. On-site Registration starting Sunday, 25 March 2012 at 1100 local Paris time.

2. Visas & Letters of Invitation: 
	Information on Visiting France, please visit:
	http://www.consulfrance-sanfrancisco.org/spip.php?rubrique201

	After you complete the registration process, you can request an electronic IETF Letter
	of Invitation. You may also request one at a later time by following the link provided
	in the confirmation email. 

	Orange has graciously offered to provide letters of invitation (LOIs) for those who 
	needs visas to enter France. In order to add this functionality, the letter of invitation 
	system will be offline next Tuesday (Monday is a holiday in the United States). We expect
	to start providing IETF and Host LOIs on Wednesday of next week, and will send a notice 
	out as soon as the system is operational. 

3.  Accommodations
	The Hotel Concorde La Fayette (Headquarter Hotel - connected to meeting venue) 
	The Le Meridien Etoile (directly across the street from the meeting venue). 
	**Le Meridien no longer has single queen bed rooms available, only twin bed rooms 
	available. The cutoff date for Le Meridien is February 15, after this date, if you 
	would like to see if there is availability at the IETF group rate, send an email to 
	<[email-masked]>

	Room rates include one complimentary daily buffet breakfast and complimentary in-room
	high-speed Internet access. All service fees and VAT are included in guest room rates.

	NOTE: Continental Breakfast will NOT be served at the meeting venue.

	Reservations Cut off Date: 
	Le Meridien - 15 February 2012 (only twin rooms available)
	Hotel Concorde - 09 March 2012

****Cancellation Policy at Le Meridien****
	Guest Cancellation:
	- There is no charge if room is cancelled prior to March 2012
	- There is a one night charge for cancellations made between 09-23 March 2012
	- If the room is cancelled from 23 March 2012 or if the guest is a "no-show" then 
	the amount of the entire stay will be charged onto the guest's credit card.

	Early Departure Fee: Early departure will be charged for the duration of the stay 
	as reserved if changes are made after March 23, 2012.

	Guest Substitution: Guest name substitute may be made by contacting Corinne Vissenberg
	 <[email-masked]>.

****Cancellation Policy at Hotel Concorde***        
	Reservation Deposit and Cancellations:
	- Guaranteed reservations will be held until the night of the arrival date. 
	- Guests will be be charged 1 night's stay and tax at the time the reservation is made. 
	- 15 days prior to scheduled arrival the guest's credit card shall be charged for an 
	additional 2 nights stay and tax which is non-refundable.
	
	Guest Cancellation: 
	- Guest will forfeit the non-refundable deposit paid as of the date of the cancellation.

	Guest Substitution: 
	- Guests may substitute names for reserved rooms without  penalty.

	Early Departure Fee: 
	- In the event of early departure, the guest will be charged for the remainder of their
	stay. Should the room nights be re-sold, the guest will be refunded for the resold room 
	nights.

	For additional information on rates and policies, please visit: 
	http://www.ietf.org/meeting/83/hotel.html

4.  Transportation
	Information on "Transportation" options to get to the Concorde and Le Meridien Hotels 
	can be found on the IETF83 Meeting Page http://www.ietf.org/meeting/83/index.html under 
	"Venue and Area Information" as well as on the IETF83 Wiki, under "Meeting Communication" 
	headings.

5.  Companion Program
	If you are traveling with a friend or family member over 18 years of age you can register 
	them for the IETF Companion Program for only USD 15.00 

	Benefits include:
	- A special welcome reception for companions from 1630-1730 on Sunday, 25 March
	- Ability to attend the official Welcome Reception from 1700-1900 on Sunday, 25 March
	- A distinctive meeting badge that grants access to the venue (not to be used to attend 
	working sessions)
	- Participation in a separate companion email list if you choose to help communicate 
	and make plans with other IETF Companions.

	You can register your companion at any time via the IETF website or onsite at the meeting.

	To join the 83 companions mailing list see:
	https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/83companions

Only 38 days until the Paris IETF!