Subject: IETF83 - Meeting Information

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 13:56:48 -0800 (PST)

IETF 83 Meeting
Paris, France
March 25-30, 2012
Host: TBD

Meeting venue:  Le Palais des Congres de Paris
http://www.viparis.com/Viparis/exhibition-paris/site/Palais-Congres-Paris-Paris/en/4

Register online at: http://www.ietf.org/meetings/83/

1.  Registration
2.  Visas & Letters of Invitation
3.  Accommodations
4.  IETF83 wiki
5.  Companion Program
6.  T-Shirt Contest - Reminder

1. Registration
	A. Early-Bird Registration - USD 650.00 Pay by Friday, 16 March 2012 1700 PT (UTC -7)
	B. After Early-Bird cutoff - USD 800.00
	C. Full-time Student Registrations - USD 150.00 (with proper ID)
	D. One Day Pass Registration - USD 350.00
	E. Registration Cancellation 	
		Cut-off for registration cancellation is Monday, 19 March 2012 at 1700 PT (UTC -7). 
		Cancellations are subject to a 10% (ten percent)cancellation fee if requested by 
		that date and time.
	F. Online Registration and Payment ends Friday, 23 March 2012,1700 local Paris time.
	G. On-site Registration starting Sunday, 25 March 2012 at 1100 local Paris time.

2. Visas & Letters of Invitation: 
	Information on Visiting France, please visit:
	http://www.consulfrance-sanfrancisco.org/spip.php?rubrique201

	After you complete the registration process, you can request an electronic IETF Letter
	of Invitation. You may also request one at a later time by following the link provided
	in the confirmation email. 

	Orange has graciously offered to provide letters of invitation (LOIs) for those who 
	needs visas to enter France. In order to add this functionality, the letter of invitation 
	system will be offline next Tuesday (Monday is a holiday in the United States). We expect
	to start providing IETF and Host LOIs on Wednesday of next week, and will send a notice 
	out as soon as the system is operational. 

3.  Accommodations
	The Hotel Concorde La Fayette (Headquarter Hotel - connected to meeting venue) 
	- Reservations Cut off Date: 09 March 2012
	The Le Meridien Etoile (directly across the street from the meeting venue)
	 - Le Meridien cutoff date has passed but there may still be rooms available at the IETF
	group rate, if you want to check on availability, please send a message to:
	Corinne Vissenberg <[email-masked]>

	Room rates include one complimentary daily buffet breakfast and complimentary in-room
	high-speed Internet access. All service fees and VAT are included in guest room rates.

	NOTE: Continental Breakfast will NOT be served at the meeting venue.

4.  IETF83 wiki
	The IETF 83 meeting wiki (Your Wiki) has been created for the attendees of IETF 83 
	meeting to exchange information.

	Your IETF 80 (Prague) wiki can be found here:
	http://www.ietf.org/registration/MeetingWiki/wiki/ietf83
	and is also accessible from the Paris meeting page on the IETF website.

	If you are registered for IETF 83, a user account has been automatically created for you 
	on this Wiki. Your user name is the email address you registered under, and your initial 
	password is your 10 digit confirmation number. You can change your password in your profile 
	settings.

5.  Companion Program
	If you are traveling with a friend or family member over 18 years of age you can register 
	them for the IETF Companion Program for only USD 15.00 

	Benefits include:
	- A special welcome reception for companions from 1630-1730 on Sunday, 25 March
	- Ability to attend the official Welcome Reception from 1700-1900 on Sunday, 25 March
	- A distinctive meeting badge that grants access to the venue (not to be used to attend 
	working sessions)
	- Participation in a separate companion email list if you choose to help communicate 
	and make plans with other IETF Companions.

	You can register your companion at any time via the IETF website or onsite at the meeting.

	To join the 83 companions mailing list see:
	https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/83companions

6.  T-Shirt Contest
	A reminder that you have until 1700 PST today, February 24th to vote for your favorite 
	t-shirt submission. You can view all 12 submissions and vote online at
	http://www.ietf.org/meeting/83/t-shirt-design-contest-voting.html. 

	Please note that submission numbers appear above each entry.  The poll can be found at 
	the bottom of the page, following the designs.

	We will announce the winner on Monday and then begin to accept online orders for the 
	community-selected t-shirt. Happy voting!

Only 29 days until the Paris IETF!