Subject: RFC 6547 on RFC 3627 to Historic Status

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 10:59:21 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6547

        Title:      RFC 3627 to Historic Status 
        Author:     W. George
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      3
        Characters: 4917
        Obsoletes:  RFC3627
        Updates:    RFC6164

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6man-3627-historic-01.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6547.txt

This document moves "Use of /127 Prefix Length Between Routers
Considered Harmful" (RFC 3627) to Historic status to reflect the
updated guidance contained in "Using 127-Bit IPv6 Prefixes on Inter-
Router Links" (RFC 6164).  A Standards Track document supersedes an
informational document; therefore, guidance provided in RFC 6164 is
to be followed when the two documents are in conflict.  This document
links the two RFCs so that the IETF's updated guidance on this topic
is clearer.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC