Subject: RFC 6519 on RADIUS Extensions for Dual-Stack Lite

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 22:20:26 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6519

        Title:      RADIUS Extensions for Dual-Stack Lite 
        Author:     R. Maglione, A. Durand
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 22574
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-softwire-dslite-radius-ext-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6519.txt

Dual-Stack Lite is a solution to offer both IPv4 and IPv6
connectivity to customers that are addressed only with an IPv6
prefix.  Dual-Stack Lite requires pre-configuration of the Dual-Stack
Lite Address Family Transition Router (AFTR) tunnel information on
the Basic Bridging BroadBand (B4) element.  In many networks, the
customer profile information may be stored in Authentication,
Authorization, and Accounting (AAA) servers, while client
configurations are mainly provided through the Dynamic Host
Configuration Protocol (DHCP).  This document specifies a new Remote
Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) attribute to carry the
Dual-Stack Lite AFTR tunnel name; the RADIUS attribute is defined
based on the equivalent DHCPv6 OPTION_AFTR_NAME option.  This RADIUS
attribute is meant to be used between the RADIUS server and the
Network Access Server (NAS); it is not intended to be used directly
between the B4 element and the RADIUS server.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Softwires Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC