Subject: Last Call: <draft-mcgrew-tls-aes-ccm-03.txt> (AES-CCM Cipher Suites for TLS) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 06:09:46 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'AES-CCM Cipher Suites for TLS'
  <draft-mcgrew-tls-aes-ccm-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-03-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo describes the use of the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
   in the Counter and CBC-MAC Mode (CCM) of operation within Transport
   Layer Security (TLS) and Datagram TLS (DTLS) to provide
   confidentiality and data origin authentication.  The AES-CCM
   algorithm is amenable to compact implementations, making it suitable
   for constrained environments.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mcgrew-tls-aes-ccm/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mcgrew-tls-aes-ccm/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.