Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-hokey-rfc5296bis-06.txt> (EAP Extensions for EAP Re-authentication Protocol (ERP)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 14:58:08 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Handover Keying WG (hokey) to
consider the following document:
- 'EAP Extensions for EAP Re-authentication Protocol (ERP)'
  <draft-ietf-hokey-rfc5296bis-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-03-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) is a generic framework
   supporting multiple types of authentication methods.  In systems
   where EAP is used for authentication, it is desirable to avoid
   repeating the entire EAP exchange with another authenticator.  This
   document specifies extensions to EAP and the EAP keying hierarchy to
   support an EAP method-independent protocol for efficient re-
   authentication between the peer and an EAP re-authentication server
   through any authenticator.  The re-authentication server may be in
   the home network or in the local network to which the peer is
   connecting.

   This memo obsoletes RFC 5296.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hokey-rfc5296bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hokey-rfc5296bis/ballot/

This draft will be updated to actually include a reference to
RFC 5296 (its sort of, but not quite, there now) and fix a 
couple of outdated references.

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1694/