Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-v6ops-v6-aaaa-whitelisting-implications-08.txt> (Considerations for Transitioning Content to IPv6) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 07:09:11 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Operations WG (v6ops) to
consider the following document:
- 'Considerations for Transitioning Content to IPv6'
  <draft-ietf-v6ops-v6-aaaa-whitelisting-implications-08.txt> as an
Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-02-15. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes considerations for the transition of end user
   content on the Internet to IPv6.  While this is tailored to address
   end user content, which is typically web-based, many aspects of this
   document may be more broadly applicable to the transition to IPv6 of
   other applications and services.  This document explores the
   challenges involved in the transition to IPv6, potential migration
   tactics, possible migration phases, and other considerations.  The
   audience for this document is the Internet community generally,
   particularly IPv6 implementers.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-v6-aaaa-whitelisting-implications/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-v6-aaaa-whitelisting-implications/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.