Subject: RFC 6535 on Dual-Stack Hosts Using "Bump-in-the-Host" (BIH)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 10:58:46 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6535

        Title:      Dual-Stack Hosts Using "Bump-in-the-Host" (BIH) 
        Author:     B. Huang, H. Deng,
                    T. Savolainen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 54452
        Obsoletes:  RFC2767, RFC3338

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-behave-v4v6-bih-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6535.txt

Bump-in-the-Host (BIH) is a host-based IPv4 to IPv6 protocol
translation mechanism that allows a class of IPv4-only applications
that work through NATs to communicate with IPv6-only peers.  The host
on which applications are running may be connected to IPv6-only or
dual-stack access networks.  BIH hides IPv6 and makes the IPv4-only
applications think they are talking with IPv4 peers by local
synthesis of IPv4 addresses.  This document obsoletes RFC 2767 and
RFC 3338.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC