Subject: RFC 6511 on Non-Penultimate Hop Popping Behavior and Out-of-Band Mapping for RSVP-TE Label Switched Paths

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 14:53:15 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6511

        Title:      Non-Penultimate Hop Popping Behavior and 
                    Out-of-Band Mapping for RSVP-TE Label Switched 
                    Paths 
        Author:     Z. Ali, G. Swallow,
                    R. Aggarwal
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 21767
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-te-no-php-oob-mapping-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6511.txt

There are many deployment scenarios that require an egress Label
Switching Router (LSR) to receive binding of the Resource
Reservation Protocol - Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) Label Switched
Path (LSP) to an application and a payload identifier using
some "out-of-band" (OOB) mechanism.  This document defines
protocol mechanisms to address this requirement.  The procedures
described in this document are equally applicable for point-to-point (P2P)
and point-to-multipoint (P2MP) LSPs.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC