Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-rmt-flute-revised-13.txt> (FLUTE - File Delivery over Unidirectional Transport) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 16:48:40 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Reliable Multicast Transport WG
(rmt) to consider the following document:
- 'FLUTE - File Delivery over Unidirectional Transport'
  <draft-ietf-rmt-flute-revised-13.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-02-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines FLUTE, a protocol for the unidirectional
   delivery of files over the Internet, which is particularly suited to
   multicast networks.  The specification builds on Asynchronous Layered
   Coding, the base protocol designed for massively scalable multicast
   distribution.  This document obsoletes RFC3926.

This document contains downrefs:
It creates a registry that includes values for content encoding 
algorithms defined in Informational RFCs 1950, 1951, and 1952.
It discusses a potential weakness created by using WEBRC
congestion control, a mandatory to implement algorithm for ALC.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rmt-flute-revised/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rmt-flute-revised/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/733/