Subject: RFC 6509 on MIKEY-SAKKE: Sakai-Kasahara Key Encryption in Multimedia Internet KEYing (MIKEY)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 17:14:09 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6509

        Title:      MIKEY-SAKKE: Sakai-Kasahara Key Encryption in 
                    Multimedia Internet KEYing (MIKEY) 
        Author:     M. Groves
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 47389
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-groves-mikey-sakke-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6509.txt

This document describes the Multimedia Internet KEYing-Sakai-Kasahara Key
Encryption (MIKEY-SAKKE), a method of key exchange that uses
Identity-based Public Key Cryptography (IDPKC) to establish a shared
secret value and certificateless signatures to provide source
authentication.  MIKEY-SAKKE has a number of desirable features,
including simplex transmission, scalability, low-latency call setup,
and support for secure deferred delivery.  This document is not an Internet 
Standards Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC