Subject: Document Action: 'Experiences from an IPv6-Only Network' to Informational RFC (draft-arkko-ipv6-only-experience-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 12:54:26 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Experiences from an IPv6-Only Network'
  (draft-arkko-ipv6-only-experience-05.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-arkko-ipv6-only-experience/

Technical Summary

This document discusses our experiences from moving a small number of users to an IPv6-only network, 
with access to the IPv4-only parts of the Internet via a NAT64 device.  The document covers practical 
experiences as well as road blocks and opportunities for this type of  a network setup.  The document 
also makes some recommendations about where such networks are applicable and what should be 
taken into  account in the network design.  The document also discusses further  work that is needed 
to make IPv6-only networking applicable in all  environments.

Working Group Summary

This document is not the product of any WG.

Document Quality

This document accurately describes a users experience. Its conclusion that IPv6 is deployable can be 
supported, with the caveats described in the document.

Personnel

Ron Bonica is Area Director.