Subject: RFC 6487 on A Profile for X.509 PKIX Resource Certificates

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 17:17:29 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6487

        Title:      A Profile for X.509 PKIX 
                    Resource Certificates 
        Author:     G. Huston, G. Michaelson,
                    R. Loomans
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      32
        Characters: 69150
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sidr-res-certs-22.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6487.txt

This document defines a standard profile for X.509 certificates for
the purpose of supporting validation of assertions of "right-of-use"
of Internet Number Resources (INRs).  The certificates issued under
this profile are used to convey the issuer's authorization of the
subject to be regarded as the current holder of a "right-of-use" of
the INRs that are described in the certificate.  This document
contains the normative specification of Certificate and Certificate
Revocation List (CRL) syntax in the Resource Public Key
Infrastructure (RPKI).  This document also specifies profiles for the
format of certificate requests and specifies the Relying Party RPKI
certificate path validation procedure.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC