Subject: RFC 6494 on Certificate Profile and Certificate Management for SEcure Neighbor Discovery (SEND)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 17:21:55 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6494

        Title:      Certificate Profile and Certificate Management 
                    for SEcure Neighbor Discovery (SEND) 
        Author:     R. Gagliano, S. Krishnan,
                    A. Kukec
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 26425
        Updates:    RFC3971

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-csi-send-cert-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6494.txt

SEcure Neighbor Discovery (SEND) utilizes X.509v3 certificates for
performing router authorization.  This document specifies a
certificate profile for SEND based on resource certificates along
with extended key usage values required for SEND.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Cga & Send maIntenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC