Subject: IAB solicits candidates for the Internet Society Board of Trustees

From: "IAB Chair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 21:33:06 -0800

The Internet Society (ISOC) provides organizational and financial

support for the IETF.  As part of the arrangements between ISOC and the

IETF, the IETF is called upon to name 3 Trustees to its Board (BoT),

with staggered 3 year terms. This requires that the IETF select one

Trustee each year.

This year, the IAB will select one person for a term ending in mid

2015.

A description of the IAB's process for selecting the Trustee each year

can be found in RFC 3677, with this year's timeline as follows:

* Feb 10, 2012   : Open nomination period

* March 9, 2012 :  Close of the nomination period

* No later than April 14, 2012 : IAB selection delivered to IESG for
confirmation

* No later than May 25, 2012   : Delivery of final confirmed selection to
the ISOC

                      Elections Committee for announcement with the rest

                      of the new ISOC BoT slate.

Nominations

-----------

Nominations (including self-nominations) should be sent to the 

IAB chair-- [email-masked]. 

Please include e-mail contact details with the nomination.

Nomination Details

-----------------

Nominees should be aware that ISOC Trustees are elected to three

year terms with approximately one third of the Board of Trustees

elected each year. The responsibilities of a Trustee include fiscal

management of the Internet Society, fundraising, and participation

in 3 physical Board meetings plus 3 conference-call meetings per

year.  The desirable characteristics of a candidate that are specific

to the IETF-selected ISOC BoT member are outlined in section 2 of

RFC 3677.

Nominees will be asked to provide to the IAB:

1. Confirmation of their willingness to be considered within this

  process.

2. Full name and contact information.

3. A statement confirming willingness and ability to devote an

  appropriate level of time to activities associated with the

  position of Trustee.

4. A brief biography outlining experience and background.

5. A statement of interests, concerns about the Internet Society,

  goals as a Trustee and motivation to serve as a Trustee.

6. Any further information that is relevant to the work of the IAB

  in considering your nomination.

Time Commitment

---------------

Trustees are expected to commit the time necessary to perform regular board 

and committee business. Trustees are also expected to allocate some time 

to attend and prepare for meetings. The ISOC Board of Trustees holds three

physical meetings and two 2-hour teleconference meetings annually.

Care of Personal Information

----------------------------

The following procedures will be used by the IAB in managing this

process:

- The candidate's name will be published, with all other

candidate names, at the close of the nominations period

- Excerpts of the information provided to the IAB by the

nominated candidate will be passed to the IESG as part of the

confirmation process. The IESG will be requested to maintain

confidentiality of the candidate's information

- Except as noted above, all information provided to the IAB

during this process will be kept confidential to the IAB.

Current IETF-Selected Trustees

-------------------------------

The current IETF-Selected ISOC Trustees and their term of

appointment are:

-  Eric Burger     2009 - 2012

-  Bob Hinden    2010 - 2013

-  Bert Wijnen    2011 - 2014

-- Bernard Aboba

  IAB Chair.