Subject: RFC 6470 on Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) Base Notifications

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 14:52:53 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6470

        Title:      Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) Base 
                    Notifications 
        Author:     A. Bierman
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 26361
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-netconf-system-notifications-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6470.txt

The Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) provides mechanisms to
manipulate configuration datastores.  However, client applications
often need to be aware of common events, such as a change in NETCONF
server capabilities, that may impact management applications.
Standard mechanisms are needed to support the monitoring of the base
system events within the NETCONF server.  This document defines a
YANG module that allows a NETCONF client to receive notifications for
some common system events.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Network Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC