Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsext-ecdsa-06.txt> (Elliptic Curve DSA for DNSSEC) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 10:27:28 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the DNS Extensions WG (dnsext) to
consider the following document:
- 'Elliptic Curve DSA for DNSSEC'
  <draft-ietf-dnsext-ecdsa-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-03-01. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Note that the intended status of this document is "Proposed Standard."  The
document previously went through an IETF last call with intended status
of "Informational."  The document is to be published as "Proposed Standard"
to meet the requirements of the IANA registries to be updated.

Abstract

   This document describes how to specify Elliptic Curve DSA keys and
   signatures in DNSSEC.  It lists curves of different sizes, and uses
   the SHA-2 family of hashes for signatures.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsext-ecdsa/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsext-ecdsa/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1597/