Subject: RFC 6495 on Subject Key Identifier (SKI) SEcure Neighbor Discovery (SEND) Name Type Fields

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 17:22:05 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6495

        Title:      Subject Key Identifier (SKI) SEcure 
                    Neighbor Discovery (SEND) Name Type Fields 
        Author:     R. Gagliano, S. Krishnan,
                    A. Kukec
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 10575
        Updates:    RFC3971

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-csi-send-name-type-registry-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6495.txt

SEcure Neighbor Discovery (SEND) defines the Name Type field in the
ICMPv6 Trust Anchor option.  This document specifies new Name Type
fields based on certificate Subject Key Identifiers (SKIs).  
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Cga & Send maIntenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC