Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-marf-spf-reporting-08.txt> (SPF Authentication Failure Reporting using the Abuse Report Format) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 16:46:43 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Messaging Abuse Reporting Format
WG (marf) to consider the following document:
- 'SPF Authentication Failure Reporting using the Abuse Report Format'
  <draft-ietf-marf-spf-reporting-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-03-14. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo presents extensions to the Abuse Reporting Format (ARF),
   and Sender Policy Framework (SPF) specifications to allow for
   detailed reporting of message authentication failures in an on-demand
   fashion.

   This memo updates RFC4408 by providing an IANA registry for SPF
   modifiers.

Note that this document has a downward normative reference: This document makes a normative reference to SPF (RFC4408), which is Experimental.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-marf-spf-reporting/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-marf-spf-reporting/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.