Subject: Protocol Action: 'RFC3627 to Historic status' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-6man-3627-historic-01.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 12:23:48 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RFC3627 to Historic status'
  (draft-ietf-6man-3627-historic-01.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Ralph Droms.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-3627-historic/

Technical Summary 

        This document moves RFC3627 (Use of /127 Prefix Length Between
        Routers Considered Harmful) to HISTORIC status to reflect the
        updated guidance contained in RFC6164 (Using 127-Bit IPv6
        Prefixes on Inter-Router Links).  While a standards track
        document already supersedes an informational document and
        therefore RFC6164 is the appropriate guidance to follow when the
        two documents are in conflict, this links the two documents so
        that it is clearer that the IETF has updated guidance on the
        matter.

Working Group Summary 

        This document was reviewed by the 6man WG and represents the
        consensus of the group.

Document Quality 

        This document formally moves RFC 3627 to Historic given the
        existence and use of RFC 6164.

Personnel

   Brian Haberman is the Document Shepherd and Jari Arkko is the
   responsible Area Director.