Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-opsawg-management-stds-05.txt> (An Overview of the IETF Network Management Standards) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 07:38:54 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Operations and Management Area
Working Group WG (opsawg) to consider the following document:
- 'An Overview of the IETF Network Management Standards'
  <draft-ietf-opsawg-management-stds-05.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-03-08. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document gives an overview of the IETF network management
   standards and summarizes existing and ongoing development of IETF
   standards-track network management protocols and data models.  The
   purpose of this document is on the one hand to help system developers
   and users to select appropriate standard management protocols and
   data models to address relevant management needs.  On the other hand,
   the document can be used as an overview and guideline by other
   Standard Development Organizations or bodies planning to use IETF
   management technologies and data models.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-management-stds/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-management-stds/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.