Subject: Document Action: 'A URN Namespace For The ucode' to Informational RFC (draft-ishikawa-yrpunl-ucode-urn-03.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 10:34:16 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A URN Namespace For The ucode'
  (draft-ishikawa-yrpunl-ucode-urn-03.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Peter Saint-Andre.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ishikawa-yrpunl-ucode-urn/

Technical Summary

   This document describes a URN (Uniform Resource Name) namespace for
   ucode, an identifier system for objects and places.  The ucode
   technology is used in many applications, and this document provides a
   URN namespace for ucode to enable its use in Internet-related devices
   and software.

Working Group Summary

   This document is not the product of an IETF working group.

   There was some discussion about whether it is appropriate to restrict 
   ucode URNs to only uppercase hexadecimal letters.  The author noted
   that ucode string are used as XML elements in some applications, and
   that XML element names are case-sensitive, so the restriction is indeed
   appropriate.

Document Quality

   Review occurred on the [email-masked] list, in accordance with
   RFC 3406.

Personnel

   The Document Shepherd / Responsible Area Director is
   Peter Saint-Andre.