Subject: Document Action: 'LISP for Multicast Environments' to Experimental RFC (draft-ietf-lisp-multicast-14.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 06:51:32 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'LISP for Multicast Environments'
  (draft-ietf-lisp-multicast-14.txt) as an Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Locator/ID Separation Protocol
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Ralph Droms.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-multicast/

Technical Summary

This specification focuses on what changes are needed to the
multicast routing protocols to support LISP-Multicast as well as
other protocols used for inter-domain multicast, such as Multi-
protocol BGP (MBGP) [RFC4760]. The approach proposed in this
specification requires no changes to the multicast infrastructure
inside of a site when all sources and receivers reside in that site,
even when the site is LISP enabled. That is, internal operation of
multicast is unchanged regardless of whether or not the site is LISP
enabled or whether or not receivers exist in other sites which are
LISP-enabled.

Working Group Summary

The working group process for this draft was particularly uneventful.

Document Quality

This document, as one of the key LISP drafts, has had
substantial review and benefits from at least two different code-base
implementations.

Personnel

The Document Shepherd is Wassim Haddad and the responsible
Area Director is Jari Arkko.