Subject: RFC 6507 on Elliptic Curve-Based Certificateless Signatures for Identity-Based Encryption (ECCSI)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 17:13:41 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6507

        Title:      Elliptic Curve-Based Certificateless Signatures for 
                    Identity-Based Encryption (ECCSI) 
        Author:     M. Groves
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 36233
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-groves-eccsi-01.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6507.txt

Many signature schemes currently in use rely on certificates for
authentication of identity.  In Identity-based cryptography, this
adds unnecessary overhead and administration.  The Elliptic Curve-based
Certificateless Signatures for Identity-based Encryption (ECCSI)
signature scheme described in this document is certificateless.
This scheme has the additional advantages of low bandwidth and low
computational requirements.  This document is not an Internet Standards 
Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC