Subject: RFC 6828 on Content Splicing for RTP Sessions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 13:40:31 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6828

        Title:      Content Splicing for RTP Sessions 
        Author:     J. Xia
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 38904
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avtext-splicing-for-rtp-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6828.txt

Content splicing is a process that replaces the content of a main
multimedia stream with other multimedia content and delivers the
substitutive multimedia content to the receivers for a period of
time.  Splicing is commonly used for insertion of local advertisements by
cable operators, whereby national advertisement content is replaced with a
local advertisement.

This memo describes some use cases for content splicing and a set of
requirements for splicing content delivered by RTP.  It provides
concrete guidelines for how an RTP mixer can be used to handle
content splicing.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC