Subject: RFC 6848 on Specifying Civic Address Extensions in the Presence Information Data Format Location Object (PIDF-LO)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 17:24:05 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6848

        Title:      Specifying Civic Address Extensions in 
                    the Presence Information Data Format Location 
                    Object (PIDF-LO) 
        Author:     J. Winterbottom, M. Thomson,
                    R. Barnes, B. Rosen,
                    R. George
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 41081
        Updates:    RFC4776, RFC5222

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-geopriv-local-civic-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6848.txt

New fields are occasionally added to civic addresses.  A backward-
compatible mechanism for adding civic address elements to the Geopriv
civic address format is described.  A formal mechanism for handling
unsupported extensions when translating between XML and DHCP civic
address forms is defined for entities that need to perform this
translation.  Initial extensions for some new elements are also
defined.  The Location-to-Service Translation (LoST) protocol
mechanism (defined in RFC 5222) that returns civic address element
names used for validation of location information is clarified and is
normatively updated to require a qualifying namespace identifier on
each civic address element returned as part of the validation
process.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC