Subject: STD 74, RFC 5011 on Automated Updates of DNS Security (DNSSEC) Trust Anchors

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 15:07:56 -0800 (PST)

RFC 5011 has been elevated to Internet Standard.

        STD 74        
        RFC 5011

        Title:      Automated Updates of DNS Security (DNSSEC) 
                    Trust Anchors 
        Author:     M. StJohns
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 30138
        See Also:   STD0074

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsext-trustupdate-timers-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5011.txt

This document describes a means for automated, authenticated, and
authorized updating of DNSSEC "trust anchors".  The method provides
protection against N-1 key compromises of N keys in the trust point
key set.  Based on the trust established by the presence of a current
anchor, other anchors may be added at the same place in the
hierarchy, and, ultimately, supplant the existing anchor(s).

This mechanism will require changes to resolver management behavior
(but not resolver resolution behavior), and the addition of a single
flag bit to the DNSKEY record.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the DNS Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now an Internet Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and
suggestions for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state
and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC