Subject: RFC 6836 on Locator/ID Separation Protocol Alternative Logical Topology (LISP+ALT)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 19:52:45 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6836

        Title:      Locator/ID Separation Protocol Alternative Logical 
                    Topology (LISP+ALT) 
        Author:     V. Fuller, D. Farinacci,
                    D. Meyer, D. Lewis
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 62093
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lisp-alt-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6836.txt

This document describes a simple distributed index system to be used
by a Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP) Ingress Tunnel Router
(ITR) or Map-Resolver (MR) to find the Egress Tunnel Router (ETR)
that holds the mapping information for a particular Endpoint
Identifier (EID).  The MR can then query that ETR to obtain the
actual mapping information, which consists of a list of Routing
Locators (RLOCs) for the EID.  Termed the Alternative Logical
Topology (ALT), the index is built as an overlay network on the
public Internet using the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) and Generic
Routing Encapsulation (GRE).  This document defines an Experimental 
Protocol for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Locator/ID Separation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC