Subject: RFC 6844 on DNS Certification Authority Authorization (CAA) Resource Record

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 14:43:14 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6844

        Title:      DNS Certification Authority Authorization (CAA) 
                    Resource Record 
        Author:     P. Hallam-Baker, R. Stradling
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 36848
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pkix-caa-15.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6844.txt

The Certification Authority Authorization (CAA) DNS Resource Record
allows a DNS domain name holder to specify one or more Certification
Authorities (CAs) authorized to issue certificates for that domain.
CAA Resource Records allow a public Certification Authority to
implement additional controls to reduce the risk of unintended
certificate mis-issue.  This document defines the syntax of the CAA
record and rules for processing CAA records by certificate issuers.
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and
suggestions for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of
the Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC