Subject: RFC 6824 on TCP Extensions for Multipath Operation with Multiple Addresses

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 11:28:59 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6824

        Title:      TCP Extensions for Multipath Operation 
                    with Multiple Addresses 
        Author:     A. Ford, C. Raiciu,
                    M. Handley, O. Bonaventure
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      64
        Characters: 164866
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mptcp-multiaddressed-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6824.txt

TCP/IP communication is currently restricted to a single path per
connection, yet multiple paths often exist between peers.  The
simultaneous use of these multiple paths for a TCP/IP session would
improve resource usage within the network and, thus, improve user
experience through higher throughput and improved resilience to
network failure.

Multipath TCP provides the ability to simultaneously use multiple
paths between peers.  This document presents a set of extensions to
traditional TCP to support multipath operation.  The protocol offers
the same type of service to applications as TCP (i.e., reliable
bytestream), and it provides the components necessary to establish
and use multiple TCP flows across potentially disjoint paths.  This 
document defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet
community.

This document is a product of the Multipath TCP Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC