Subject: BCP 10, RFC 6859 on Update to RFC 3777 to Clarify Nominating Committee Eligibility of IETF Leadership

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 17:25:38 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 10        
        RFC 6859

        Title:      Update to RFC 3777 to 
                    Clarify Nominating Committee Eligibility of IETF 
                    Leadership 
        Author:     B. Leiba
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      3
        Characters: 5619
        Updates:    RFC3777
        See Also:   BCP0010

        I-D Tag:    draft-leiba-3777upd-eligibility-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6859.txt

RFC 3777 specifies that "sitting members" of the IAB and IESG 
"may not volunteer to serve on the nominating committee".  Since the time
that document was written, the IETF Administrative Oversight
Committee (IAOC) was formed; that body is not covered by RFC 3777.
There is also ambiguity in RFC 3777 about whether ex officio members
and liaisons are included as "sitting members".  This document
updates RFC 3777 to clarify the rules as they apply to members of the
IAB, the IESG, and the IAOC.  This memo documents an Internet Best 
Current Practice.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC