Subject: RFC 6810 on The Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) to Router Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 11:28:03 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6810

        Title:      The Resource Public Key Infrastructure 
                    (RPKI) to Router Protocol 
        Author:     R. Bush, R. Austein
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Characters: 59714
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-26.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6810.txt

In order to verifiably validate the origin Autonomous Systems of BGP
announcements, routers need a simple but reliable mechanism to
receive Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RFC 6480) prefix origin
data from a trusted cache.  This document describes a protocol to
deliver validated prefix origin data to routers.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC