Subject: RFC 6847 on Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) over Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 15:50:54 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6847

        Title:      Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) over
                    Transparent Interconnection of Lots of 
                    Links (TRILL) 
        Author:     D. Melman, T. Mizrahi,
                    D. Eastlake 3rd
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       January 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 28693
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-mme-trill-fcoe-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6847.txt

Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and Transparent Interconnection of
Lots of Links (TRILL) are two emerging standards in the data center environment.  While these two protocols are seemingly unrelated, they 
have a very similar behavior in the forwarding plane, as both perform hop-by-hop forwarding over Ethernet, modifying the packet's Media
Access Control (MAC) addresses at each hop.  This document describes
an architecture for the integrated deployment of these two protocols.  
This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is 
published for informational purposes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC