Subject: RFC 6826 on Multipoint LDP In-Band Signaling for Point-to-Multipoint and Multipoint-to-Multipoint Label Switched Paths

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 17:23:16 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6826

        Title:      Multipoint LDP In-Band Signaling for 
                    Point-to-Multipoint and Multipoint-to-Multipoint
                    Label Switched Paths 
        Author:     IJ. Wijnands, Ed.,
                    T. Eckert,
                    N. Leymann,
                    M. Napierala
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 23927
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-in-band-signaling-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6826.txt

Consider an IP multicast tree, constructed by Protocol Independent
Multicast (PIM), that needs to pass through an MPLS domain in which
Multipoint LDP (mLDP) point-to-multipoint and/or
multipoint-to-multipoint Labels Switched Paths (LSPs) can be created.
The part of the IP multicast tree that traverses the MPLS domain can be
instantiated as a multipoint LSP.  When a PIM Join message is
received at the border of the MPLS domain, information from that
message is encoded into mLDP messages.  When the mLDP messages reach
the border of the next IP domain, the encoded information is used to
generate PIM messages that can be sent through the IP domain.  The
result is an IP multicast tree consisting of a set of IP multicast
sub-trees that are spliced together with a multipoint LSP.  This
document describes procedures regarding how IP multicast trees are spliced
together with multipoint LSPs.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC