Subject: Last Call: <draft-farrell-ft-03.txt> (A Fast-Track way to RFC with Running Code) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 07:14:54 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'A Fast-Track way to RFC with Running Code'
  <draft-farrell-ft-03.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-02-08. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo describes an optional, fast-track way to progress a working
   group document to IESG review.  It is provided as a process
   experiment as defined in RFC 3933 for use when working group chairs
   believe that there is running code that implements a working group
   Internet-Draft.  The motivation is to have the IETF process
   explicitly consider running code, consistent with the IETF's overall
   philosophy of running code and rough consensus.

   In this process all of working group last call, IETF last call, and
   Area Director review are carried out in the same two week period.
   Only comments that meet IESG Discuss criteria need to be addressed
   during this stage, and authors are required to make any changes
   within two weeks.

   This experiment will run for one year.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-farrell-ft/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-farrell-ft/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.