Subject: Protocol Action: 'vCard KIND:device' to Proposed Standard (draft-salgueiro-vcarddav-kind-device-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 10:52:48 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'vCard KIND:device'
  (draft-salgueiro-vcarddav-kind-device-07.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Pete Resnick.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-salgueiro-vcarddav-kind-device/

Technical Summary 

  This document defines a value of "device" for the vCard KIND property
  so that the vCard format can be used to represent computing devices
  such as appliances, computers, or network elements (e.g., a server,
  router, switch, printer, sensor, or phone).

Working Group Summary 

  This document is an individual submission, however it has been
  discussed and reviewed on the VCARDDAV Working Group mailing list.
  There was detailed discussion of the "device" KIND along with the
  "application" KIND (already published as RFC 6473).

Document Quality 

  An informal last call was issued on the VCARDDAV Working Group mailing
  list. Some comments were received and the draft updated accordingly.
  The required expert review was requested and approval received via the
  mailing list.

Personnel 

  Document Shepherd: Cyrus Daboo <mailto:[email-masked]> 
  AD: Pete Resnick <[email-masked]>