Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-udp-encaps-07.txt> (UDP Encapsulation of SCTP Packets) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 07:00:13 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Area Working Group WG
(tsvwg) to consider the following document:
- 'UDP Encapsulation of SCTP Packets'
  <draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-udp-encaps-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-01-22. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a simple method of encapsulating SCTP Packets
   into UDP packets and its limitations.  This allows the usage of SCTP
   in networks with legacy NAT not supporting SCTP.  It can also be used
   to implement SCTP on hosts without directly accessing the IP-layer,
   for example implementing it as part of the application without
   requiring special privileges.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-udp-encaps/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-udp-encaps/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.