Subject: Last Call: <draft-leiba-urnbis-ietf-namespace-01.txt> (Registration of Second-Level URI Namespaces Under "ietf") to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 13:08:10 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Registration of Second-Level URI Namespaces Under "ietf"'
  <draft-leiba-urnbis-ietf-namespace-01.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-02-11. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   RFC 2648 defines the "ietf" URN namespace, and defines a number of
   sub-namespaces.  RFC 3553 defines an additional sub-namespace,
   "params", and creates a registry to document allocations under that.
   But there is no registry that lists, in one place, all sub-namespaces
   of "ietf".  This document creates and populates such a registry.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-leiba-urnbis-ietf-namespace/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-leiba-urnbis-ietf-namespace/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.