Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-eman-requirements-10.txt> (Requirements for Energy Management) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 13:03:01 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Energy Management WG (eman) to
consider the following document:
- 'Requirements for Energy Management'
  <draft-ietf-eman-requirements-10.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-01-25. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines requirements for standards specifications for
   energy management.  The requirements defined in this document concern
   monitoring functions as well as control functions: Monitoring
   functions include identification of energy-managed devices and their
   components, monitoring of their power states, power inlets, power
   outlets, actual power, power properties, received energy, provided
   energy, and contained batteries.  Control functions serve for
   controlling power supply and power state of energy-managed devices
   and their components.
   This document does not specify the features that must be implemented
   by compliant implementations but rather features that must be
   supported by standards for energy management.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-eman-requirements/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-eman-requirements/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.