Subject: Document Action: 'A Uniform Resource Name (URN) Namespace for the Open IPTV Forum (OIPF)' to Informational RFC (draft-higgs-oipf-urn-00.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 15:54:47 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A Uniform Resource Name (URN) Namespace for the Open IPTV Forum
(OIPF)'
  (draft-higgs-oipf-urn-00.txt) as Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Barry Leiba.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-higgs-oipf-urn/

Technical Summary

This is an individual submission that describes a URN namespace
for the Open IPTV Forum (OIPF) for naming persistent resources
defined within OIPF specifications.  It is following the rules
set out in RFC 3406, which requires IETF Review for assignment of
a formal URN namespace.  It is an Informational document.

Document Quality

As required by RFC 3406, the document was posted for review on
the urn-nid mailing list.  There was one comment, which the
author responded to.  Little discussion is expected for these
sorts of registration documents, and, indeed, little discussion
has happened.  This is a straightforward request from an
organization for a matching URN namespace.  The document
describes the intended use and benefits of the namespace in
sufficient detail, as required by RFC 3406.

Personnel

The responsible AD is Barry Leiba, who is also acting as document
shepherd.