Subject: Protocol Action: 'Special-Purpose IP Address Registries' to Best Current Practice (draft-bonica-special-purpose-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 06:09:12 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Special-Purpose IP Address Registries'
  (draft-bonica-special-purpose-07.txt) as Best Current Practice

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Ralph Droms.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bonica-special-purpose/

Technical Summary

  This memo instructs IANA to restructure its IPv4 and IPv6 Special-
  Purpose Address Registries.  Upon restructuring, the aforementioned
  registries will record all special-purpose address blocks,
  maintaining a common set of information regarding each address
  block.

Working Group Summary

   This document is not the product of an IETF Working Group.

Document Quality

   The registration procedures selected here were prepared in
   conjunction with the IANA, and are believed to be useful to
   the community and effective for the registry maintainer.

Personnel

   Joel Halpern is the Document Shepherd.  Ralph Droms is the
   sponsoring Area Director.