Subject: BCP 13, RFC 6838 on Media Type Specifications and Registration Procedures

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 20:19:20 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 13        
        RFC 6838

        Title:      Media Type Specifications and Registration 
                    Procedures 
        Author:     N. Freed, J. Klensin,
                    T. Hansen
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      32
        Characters: 72942
        Obsoletes:  RFC4288
        See Also:   BCP0013

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-appsawg-media-type-regs-14.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6838.txt

This document defines procedures for the specification and
registration of media types for use in HTTP, MIME, and other Internet
protocols.  This memo documents an Internet Best Current Practice.

This document is a product of the Applications Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC