Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-opsawg-oam-overview-08.txt> (An Overview of Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) Mechanisms) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 11:36:16 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Operations and Management Area
Working Group WG (opsawg) to consider the following document:
- 'An Overview of Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM)
   Mechanisms'
  <draft-ietf-opsawg-oam-overview-08.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-01-25. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) is a general term
   that refers to a toolset that can be used for fault detection and
   isolation, and for performance measurement. OAM mechanisms have been
   defined for various layers in the protocol stack, and are used with a
   variety of protocols.

   This document presents an overview of the OAM mechanisms that have
   been defined and are currently being defined by the IETF.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-oam-overview/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-oam-overview/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.