Subject: Protocol Action: 'Session Description Protocol (SDP) Media Capabilities Negotiation' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-media-capabilities-17.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 07:39:48 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Session Description Protocol (SDP) Media Capabilities Negotiation'
  (draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-media-capabilities-17.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Gonzalo Camarillo and Robert Sparks.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-media-capabilities/

Technical Summary

The Session Description Protocol (SDP) has a general framework for
endpoints to indicate and negotiate capabilities within SDP. However,
the base framework defines capabilities for negotiating transport
protocols and attributes. In this document, the SDP capability
negotiation framework is extended with the ability to additionally
indicate and negotiate media types and their associated parameters.

Working Group Summary

The first version of the document is dating February 2007. Since
then, the MMUSIC working group has been progressing the document
until getting satisfied with the current version.

Document Quality

The document has been reviewed and contributed by many participants
of the working group, among others: Culleng Jennings, Christer
Holmberg, Matt Lepinski, Joerg Ott, Colin Perkins, Thomas Stach,
Ingemar Johansson, Andrew Allen, and Magnus Westerlund.

The document was first WGLCed on version 10 (July 2010) and subsequently
on version 14 (July 2012). All the open issues have been addressed
and the WG has got consensus on version 15.

Personnel

Miguel Garcia is the Document Shepherd. Gonzalo Camarillo is the
Responsible Area Director.