Subject: RFC 6837 on NERD: A Not-so-novel Endpoint ID (EID) to Routing Locator (RLOC) Database

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 19:53:03 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6837

        Title:      NERD: A Not-so-novel Endpoint ID 
                    (EID) to Routing Locator (RLOC) Database 
        Author:     E. Lear
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       January 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      31
        Characters: 72499
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-lear-lisp-nerd-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6837.txt

The Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP) is a protocol to
encapsulate IP packets in order to allow end sites to route to one
another without injecting routes from one end of the Internet to
another.  This memo presents an experimental database and a
discussion of methods to transport the mapping of Endpoint IDs (EIDs)
to Routing Locators (RLOCs) to routers in a reliable, scalable, and
secure manner.  Our analysis concludes that transport of all EID-to-
RLOC mappings scales well to at least 10^8 entries.  This document 
defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC