Subject: Last Call: <draft-gp-obsolete-icmp-types-iana-01.txt> (Formally Deprecating Some ICMPv4 Message Types) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 07:57:28 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Formally Deprecating Some ICMPv4 Message Types'
  <draft-gp-obsolete-icmp-types-iana-01.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-02-14. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   A number of ICMPv4 message types have become obsolete in practice,
   but have never been formally deprecated.  This document deprecates
   such ICMPv4 message types, thus cleaning up the corresponding IANA
   registry.  Additionally, it updates RFC792 and RFC950, obsoletes
   RFC1788, and requests the RFC Editor to change the status of RFC1788
   to "Historic".

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gp-obsolete-icmp-types-iana/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gp-obsolete-icmp-types-iana/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.