Subject: RFC 6852 on Affirmation of the Modern Paradigm for Standards

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 14:43:56 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6852

        Title:      Affirmation of the Modern Paradigm 
                    for Standards 
        Author:     R. Housley, S. Mills,
                    J. Jaffe, B. Aboba, L. St.Amour
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IAB
        Date:       January 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 9696
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-iab-modern-paradigm-01.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6852.txt

On 29 August 2012, the leaders of the IEEE Standards Association, the
IAB, the IETF, the Internet Society, and the W3C signed a statement
affirming the importance of a jointly developed set of principles
establishing a modern paradigm for global, open standards.  These
principles have become known as the "OpenStand" principles.  This
document contains the text of the affirmation that was signed.
This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it
is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Internet Architecture Board.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC