Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-notvia-addresses-10.txt> (A Framework for IP and MPLS Fast Reroute Using Not-via Addresses) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 10:46:16 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Routing Area Working Group WG
(rtgwg) to consider the following document:
- 'A Framework for IP and MPLS Fast Reroute Using Not-via Addresses'
  <draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-notvia-addresses-10.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-01-31. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document presents a framework for providing fast reroute in an
   IP or MPLS network through encapsulation and forwarding to "not-via"
   addresses.  The general approach described uses a single level of
   encapsulation and could be used to protect unicast, multicast, and
   LDP traffic against link, router, and shared risk group failure,
   regardless of network topology and metrics.

   The mechanisms presented in this document are purely illustrative of
   the general approach and do not constitute a protocol specification.
   The document represents a snapshot of the work of the Routing Area
   Working Group at the time of publication and is published as a
   document of record.  Further work is needed before implementation or
   deployment.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-notvia-addresses/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-ipfrr-notvia-addresses/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1794/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1455/