Subject: RFC 6839 on Additional Media Type Structured Syntax Suffixes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 20:19:49 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6839

        Title:      Additional Media Type Structured Syntax 
                    Suffixes 
        Author:     T. Hansen, A. Melnikov
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 26071
        Updates:    RFC3023

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-appsawg-media-type-suffix-regs-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6839.txt

A content media type name sometimes includes partitioned meta-
information distinguished by a structured syntax to permit noting an
attribute of the media as a suffix to the name.  This document
defines several structured syntax suffixes for use with media type
registrations.  In particular, it defines and registers the "+json",
"+ber", "+der", "+fastinfoset", "+wbxml" and "+zip" structured syntax
suffixes, and provides a media type structured syntax suffix
registration form for the "+xml" structured syntax suffix.  This document 
is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is published for 
informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Applications Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC