Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-bmwg-sip-bench-meth-08.txt> (Methodology for Benchmarking SIP Networking Devices) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 13:47:33 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Benchmarking Methodology WG
(bmwg) to consider the following document:
- 'Methodology for Benchmarking SIP Networking Devices'
  <draft-ietf-bmwg-sip-bench-meth-08.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-01-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes the methodology for benchmarking Session
   Initiation Protocol (SIP) performance as described in SIP
   benchmarking terminology document.  The methodology and terminology
   are to be used for benchmarking signaling plane performance with
   varying signaling and media load.  Both scale and establishment rate
   are measured by signaling plane performance.  The SIP Devices to be
   benchmarked may be a single device under test (DUT) or a system under
   test (SUT).  Benchmarks can be obtained and compared for different
   types of devices such as SIP Proxy Server, SBC, and server paired
   with a media relay or Firewall/NAT device.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-sip-bench-meth/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-sip-bench-meth/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.