Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-radext-radius-extensions-07.txt> (Remote Authentication Dial In User Service (RADIUS) Protocol Extensions) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 06:35:14 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the RADIUS EXTensions WG (radext) to
consider the following document:
- 'Remote Authentication Dial In User Service (RADIUS) Protocol
   Extensions'
  <draft-ietf-radext-radius-extensions-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-01-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Remote Authentication Dial In User Service (RADIUS) protocol is
   nearing exhaustion of its current 8-bit Attribute Type space.  In
   addition, experience shows a growing need for complex grouping, along
   with attributes which can carry more than 253 octets of data.  This
   document defines changes to RADIUS which address all of the above
   problems.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-radext-radius-extensions/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-radext-radius-extensions/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.