Subject: Document Action: 'An IKEv2 Extension for Supporting ERP' to Experimental RFC (draft-nir-ipsecme-erx-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2013 07:48:07 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'An IKEv2 Extension for Supporting ERP'
  (draft-nir-ipsecme-erx-11.txt) as Experimental RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Sean Turner.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nir-ipsecme-erx/

Technical Summary

  This document describes an extension to the IKEv2 protocol that allows
  an IKE Security Association (SA) to be created and authenticated using
  the EAP Re-authentication Protocol extension (ERP, RFC 6696). 

Working Group Summary

   This is not the product of any working group. 

Document Quality

   There are no known implementations of the protocol, nor are we aware of
   vendor plans in this regard. The document has been lightly reviewed by
   both the HOKEY and the IPsecME working groups. 

Personnel

   Yaron Sheffer is the document shepherd.
   Sean Turner is the responsible AD.
   Tero Kivinen is the IANA expert.

IANA Note

  Please note that the authors have already asked for IANA expert review and received a response.