Subject: Last Call: <draft-templin-ironbis-12.txt> (The Intradomain Routing Overlay Network (IRON)) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 14:43:12 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'The Intradomain Routing Overlay Network (IRON)'
  <draft-templin-ironbis-12.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-02-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Since large-scale Internetworks such as the public Internet must
   continue to support escalating growth due to increasing demand, it is
   clear that Autonomous Systems (ASes) must avoid injecting excessive
   de-aggregated prefixes into the interdomain routing system and
   instead mitigate de-aggregation internally.  This document proposes
   an Intradomain Routing Overlay Network (IRON) architecture that
   supports sustainable growth within interior routing domains while
   requiring no changes to end systems and no changes to the exterior
   routing system.  In addition to routing scaling, IRON further
   addresses other important issues including mobility management,
   mobile networks, multihoming, traffic engineering, NAT traversal and
   security.  While business considerations are an important determining
   factor for widespread adoption, they are out of scope for this
   document.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-templin-ironbis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-templin-ironbis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.