Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-seamless-mcast-15.txt> (Inter-Area P2MP Segmented LSPs) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 17:04:07 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'Inter-Area P2MP Segmented LSPs'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-seamless-mcast-15.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-02-02. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes procedures for building inter-area point-to-
   multipoint (P2MP) segmented service LSPs by partitioning such LSPs
   into intra-area segments and using BGP as the inter-area routing and
   label distribution protocol. Within each IGP area the intra-area
   segments are either carried over intra-area P2MP LSPs, using P2MP LSP
   hierarchy, or instantiated using ingress replication.  The intra-area
   P2MP LSPs may be signaled using P2MP RSVP-TE or P2MP mLDP. If ingress
   replication is used within an IGP area, then (multipoint-to-point)
   LDP LSPs or (point-to-point) RSVP-TE LSPs may be used in the IGP
   area. The applications/services that use such inter-area service LSPs
   may be BGP Multicast VPN, VPLS multicast, or global table multicast
   over MPLS.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-seamless-mcast/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-seamless-mcast/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2047/