Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-proxy-lsp-ping-03.txt> (Proxy MPLS Echo Request) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 11:40:38 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'Proxy MPLS Echo Request'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-proxy-lsp-ping-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-02-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a means of remotely initiating Multiprotocol
   Label Switched Protocol Pings on Label Switched Paths. A MPLS proxy
   ping request is sent to any Label Switching Routers along a Label
   Switched Path. The primary motivations for this facility are first to
   limit the number of messages and related processing when using LSP
   Ping in large Point-to-Multipoint LSPs, and second to enable leaf to
   leaf/root tracing.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-proxy-lsp-ping/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-proxy-lsp-ping/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/778/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2164/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2087/