Subject: Protocol Action: 'Increasing the Number of Area Directors in an IETF Area' to Best Current Practice (draft-dawkins-iesg-one-or-more-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 06:08:35 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Increasing the Number of Area Directors in an IETF Area'
  (draft-dawkins-iesg-one-or-more-05.txt) as Best Current Practice

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dawkins-iesg-one-or-more/

Technical Summary

   This document removes a limit on the number of Area Directors who
   manage an Area in the definition of "IETF Area".  This document
   updates RFC 2026 (BCP 9) and RFC 2418 (BCP 25).

Working Group Summary

   This topic was discussed on IETF main discussion list.

Document Quality

   This document is short and concrete, and clarifications
   and characterisations of intent were added during last
   call discussion.

Personnel

  The Document Shepherd is Alexey Melnikov. The responsible
  Area Director is Jari Arkko.