Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc7238bis-02.txt> (The Hypertext Transfer Protocol Status Code 308 (Permanent Redirect)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 06:59:24 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Hypertext Transfer Protocol WG
(httpbis) to consider the following document:
- 'The Hypertext Transfer Protocol Status Code 308 (Permanent Redirect)'
  <draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc7238bis-02.txt> as Proposed Standard

This changes the status of RFC 7238 to Proposed Standard, from
Experimental.  We initially handled this with a status-change document,
but needed to abandon that when a minor change came up in Section 4.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-01-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies the additional Hypertext Transfer Protocol
   (HTTP) status code 308 (Permanent Redirect).

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc7238bis/

When IESG discussion begins, it can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc7238bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.