Subject: Document Action: 'DNSSEC Key Rollover Timing Considerations' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-key-timing-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 09:23:47 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'DNSSEC Key Rollover Timing Considerations'
  (draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-key-timing-06.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Domain Name System Operations Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Joel Jaeggli and Benoit Claise.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-key-timing/

Technical Summary
 
This document describes the issues surrounding the
timing of events  when updating or 'rolling') the key in a DNSSEC-secured
zone.  It presents  timelines for the key rollover and explicitly identifies
the  relationships between the various parameters affecting the process.

Working Group Summary

This document was originally presented in 2012, and had
been accepted and was in WGLC when it stalled, primarily due to a secondary
document updating some of the steps in this document. The WG had no direction
and it remained stalled until it was re-started, and the two documents were
merged, and editorial flair was applied.

Document Quality

The document went through a very editorial process and we
feel it is of strong quality.

Personnel

 The Document Shepherd is Tim Wicinski and the Area Director is
Joel Jaggeli.