Subject: RFC 7433 on A Mechanism for Transporting User-to-User Call Control Information in SIP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 20:38:00 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7433

        Title:      A Mechanism for Transporting User-to-User 
                    Call Control Information in SIP 
        Author:     A. Johnston, J. Rafferty
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 45687
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-17.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7433

There is a class of applications that benefit from using SIP to
exchange User-to-User Information (UUI) data during session
establishment.  This information, known as call control UUI data, is
a small piece of data inserted by an application initiating the
session and utilized by an application accepting the session.  The
syntax and semantics for the UUI data used by a specific application
are defined by a UUI package.  This UUI data is opaque to SIP and its
function is unrelated to any basic SIP function.  This document
defines a new SIP header field, User-to-User, to transport UUI data,
along with an extension mechanism.

This document is a product of the Call Control UUI Service for SIP Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC