Subject: RFC 7440 on TFTP Windowsize Option

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 20:27:57 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7440

        Title:      TFTP Windowsize Option 
        Author:     P. Masotta
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 17710
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-masotta-tftpexts-windowsize-opt-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7440

The "Trivial File Transfer Protocol" (RFC 1350) is a simple, lockstep,
file transfer protocol that allows a client to get or put a file
onto a remote host.  One of its primary uses is in the early stages of
nodes booting from a Local Area Network (LAN).  TFTP has been used for this
application because it is very simple to implement.  The employment of
a lockstep scheme limits throughput when used on a LAN.

This document describes a TFTP option that allows the client and
server to negotiate a window size of consecutive blocks to send as an
alternative for replacing the single-block lockstep schema.  The TFTP
option mechanism employed is described in "TFTP Option Extension"
(RFC 2347).

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC