Subject: Document Action: 'Using ED25519 in SSHFP Resource Records' to Informational RFC (draft-moonesamy-sshfp-ed25519-02.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 14:03:06 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Using ED25519 in SSHFP Resource Records'
  (draft-moonesamy-sshfp-ed25519-02.txt) as Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Stephen Farrell.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moonesamy-sshfp-ed25519/

Technical Summary

   This document updates the IANA "SSHFP RR Types for public key
   algorithms" registry by adding an algorithm number for Ed25519.

Working Group Summary

  This is not a WG document.

  The document was discussed on the SAAG mailing list.  Comments about the
  Ed25519 signature algorithm were solicited from CFRG.  There was feedback
  about Ed25519 during an interim CFRG meeting. Comments were received
  during IETF LC and were addressed. (Mainly to define hash input.) 

  IANA has allocated the codepoint requested via the early allocation
  scheme (RFC7120).

Document Quality

  The document does not specify a protocol.  The document was reviewed on the
  SAAG and CFRG mailing lists.

Personnel

  Stephen Farrell is the Responsible Area Director.

RFC Editor Note

1) Please move the reference Ed25519 from the informative to the normative
references section.

2) Please add the following NEW text to the start of section 2,

   "The encoding of Ed25519 public keys is described in [Ed25519].  
    In brief, an Ed25519 public key is a 32-octet value representing 
    a 255-bit y-coordinate of an elliptic curve point, and a sign bit 
    indicating the corresponding x-coordinate."

IANA Note

  IANA has already provisionally assigned the value 4 for the TBD
  in this draft.