Subject: Document Action: ASCII format for network interchange to Internet Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 12:21:41 -0800

The IESG has approved changing the status of the following document:
- ASCII format for network interchange
  (rfc20) to Internet Standard

This document action is documented at:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-rfc20-ascii-format-to-standard/

A URL of the affected document is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc20/

Status Change Details:

RFC 20 has status "Unknown" only because it comes from a time
that predates both the IETF and our use of the term "standard"
(with or without qualifications) to describe Internet technical
specifications.  RFC 20, which is the best reference for the
IETF to use for ASCII format, is clearly an Internet Standard,
and this adjusts the historical record by reclassifying RFC 20 as
such.

Personnel 

   Barry Leiba is the responsible Area Director.