Subject: RFC 7424 on Mechanisms for Optimizing Link Aggregation Group (LAG) and Equal-Cost Multipath (ECMP) Component Link Utilization in Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 14:43:14 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7424

        Title:      Mechanisms for Optimizing Link Aggregation 
                    Group (LAG) and Equal-Cost Multipath (ECMP) 
                    Component Link Utilization in Networks 
        Author:     R. Krishnan, L. Yong,
                    A. Ghanwani, N. So,
                    B. Khasnabish
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Characters: 60733
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-opsawg-large-flow-load-balancing-15.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7424

Demands on networking infrastructure are growing exponentially due to
bandwidth-hungry applications such as rich media applications and
inter-data-center communications.  In this context, it is important to
optimally use the bandwidth in wired networks that extensively use
link aggregation groups and equal-cost multipaths as techniques for
bandwidth scaling.  This document explores some of the mechanisms useful
for achieving this.

This document is a product of the Operations and Management Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC