Subject: Protocol Action: 'JSON Web Token (JWT) Profile for OAuth 2.0 Client Authentication and Authorization Grants' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-oauth-jwt-bearer-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2015 11:54:57 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'JSON Web Token (JWT) Profile for OAuth 2.0 Client Authentication and
   Authorization Grants'
  (draft-ietf-oauth-jwt-bearer-12.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Web Authorization Protocol Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Kathleen Moriarty and Stephen Farrell.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-jwt-bearer/

Technical Summary

   This specification defines the use of a JSON Web Token (JWT) Bearer
   Token as a means for requesting an OAuth 2.0 access token as well as
   for use as a means of client authentication.

Working Group Summary

  Consensus from the working group was clear on this draft and can be seen
  clearly in the number of implementations.

Document Quality

  There are numerous implementations of this draft listed in the shepherd report.
  The document had quite a bit of review and comments were considered and
  included as appropriate.  

Personnel

  The document shepherd is Hannes Tschofenig and the responsible area
  director is Kathleen Moriarty.

IANA Note

  Entries are added to an existing IANA table, no new registries are created.