Subject: RFC 7443 on Application-Layer Protocol Negotiation (ALPN) Labels for Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN) Usages

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 20:28:25 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7443

        Title:      Application-Layer Protocol Negotiation (ALPN) Labels 
                    for Session Traversal Utilities for NAT 
                    (STUN) Usages 
        Author:     P. Patil, T. Reddy,
                    G. Salgueiro, M. Petit-Huguenin
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 9145
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tram-alpn-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7443

Application-Layer Protocol Negotiation (ALPN) labels for Session
Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN) usages, such as Traversal Using
Relays around NAT (TURN) and NAT discovery, are defined in this
document to allow an application layer to negotiate STUN usages
within the Transport Layer Security (TLS) connection.  ALPN protocol
identifiers defined in this document apply to both TLS and Datagram
Transport Layer Security (DTLS).

This document is a product of the TURN Revised and Modernized Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC