Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-tls-downgrade-scsv-03.txt> (TLS Fallback Signaling Cipher Suite Value (SCSV) for Preventing Protocol Downgrade Attacks) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2015 10:05:39 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Layer Security WG
(tls) to consider the following document:
- 'TLS Fallback Signaling Cipher Suite Value (SCSV) for Preventing
   Protocol Downgrade Attacks'
  <draft-ietf-tls-downgrade-scsv-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-01-23. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a Signaling Cipher Suite Value (SCSV) that
   prevents protocol downgrade attacks on the Transport Layer Security
   (TLS) protocol.  It updates RFC 2246, RFC 4346, and RFC 5246.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-downgrade-scsv/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-downgrade-scsv/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.