Subject: Protocol Action: 'IPP over HTTPS Transport Binding and 'ipps' URI Scheme' to Proposed Standard (draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme-18.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 06:21:43 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IPP over HTTPS Transport Binding and 'ipps' URI Scheme'
  (draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme-18.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Barry Leiba.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme/

Technical Summary

This document defines the Internet Printing Protocol (IPP) over HTTPS
transport binding and the corresponding 'ipps' URI scheme, that is
used to designate the access to the network location of a secure IPP
print service or a network resource (for example, a print job)
managed by such a service.

Review and Consensus

This document was submitted to the IETF, with AD sponsorship, by
the Internet Printing Protocol Working Group of the IEEE-ISTO Printer
Working Group, as part of their PWG IPP Everywhere (PWG 5100.14)
project for secure mobile printing with vendor-neutral Client software.
IPP work has resided in that group for some years, since the closing
of the IETF IPP working group.

The document was discussed on the apps-discuss and uri-review mailing
lists, and is ready for IETF last call.  Numerous minor issues were
raised and addressed, with none rising to the level of any controversy.

Personnel

Barry Leiba is the document shepherd and responsible AD.