Subject: Last Call: <draft-hansen-scram-sha256-02.txt> (SCRAM-SHA-256 and SCRAM-SHA-256-PLUS SASL Mechanisms) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 10:46:37 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'SCRAM-SHA-256 and SCRAM-SHA-256-PLUS SASL Mechanisms'
  <draft-hansen-scram-sha256-02.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-04-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document registers the SASL mechanisms SCRAM-SHA-256 and SCRAM-
   SHA-256-PLUS.  It also updates RFC 5802 in minor ways.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hansen-scram-sha256/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hansen-scram-sha256/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

ID nits notes a reference to RFC2119 is needed. We'll fix that.