Subject: RFC 7445 on Analysis of Failure Cases in IPv6 Roaming Scenarios

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 17:49:33 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7445

        Title:      Analysis of Failure Cases in 
                    IPv6 Roaming Scenarios 
        Author:     G. Chen, H. Deng,
                    D. Michaud, J. Korhonen,
                    M. Boucadair
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 44466
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-roaming-analysis-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7445

This document identifies a set of failure cases that may be
encountered by IPv6-enabled mobile customers in roaming scenarios.
The analysis reveals that the failure causes include improper
configurations, incomplete functionality support in equipment, and
inconsistent IPv6 deployment strategies between the home and the
visited networks.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC