Subject: Last Call: <draft-klensin-smtp-521code-05.txt> (SMTP 521 and 556 Reply Codes) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 12:02:24 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'SMTP 521 and 556 Reply Codes'
  <draft-klensin-smtp-521code-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-04-02. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo defines two Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) reply
   codes, 521 and 556.  The 521 code was originally described in an
   Experimental RFC in 1995 and is in wide use, but has not previously
   been formally incorporated into SMTP.  The 556 code was created for
   RFC-nullMX.  These codes are used to indicate that an Internet host
   does not accept incoming mail at all (not just under particular
   circumstances).

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-klensin-smtp-521code/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-klensin-smtp-521code/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.