Subject: RFC 7485 on Inventory and Analysis of WHOIS Registration Objects

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 13:52:41 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7485

        Title:      Inventory and Analysis of WHOIS 
                    Registration Objects 
        Author:     L. Zhou, N. Kong,
                    S. Shen, S. Sheng,
                    A. Servin
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      33
        Characters: 74392
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-weirds-object-inventory-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7485

WHOIS output objects from registries, including both Regional
Internet Registries (RIRs) and Domain Name Registries (DNRs), were
collected and analyzed.  This document describes the process and
results of the statistical analysis of existing WHOIS information.
The purpose of this document is to build an object inventory to
facilitate discussions of data objects included in Registration Data
Access Protocol (RDAP) responses.

This document is a product of the Web Extensible Internet Registration Data Service Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC