Subject: Document Action: 'Management of Networks with Constrained Devices: Problem Statement and Requirements' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-opsawg-coman-probstate-reqs-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 07:42:04 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Management of Networks with Constrained Devices: Problem Statement and
   Requirements'
  (draft-ietf-opsawg-coman-probstate-reqs-05.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Operations and Management Area
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benoit Claise and Joel Jaeggli.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-coman-probstate-reqs/

Technical Summary

Management of constrained devices, and constrained device networks
present some unique challenges. This document provides a problem
statement,deployment and management topology options, as well as 
potential requirements for management of networks with constrained
devices.

Working Group Summary

Opsawg captures work in the operations and management area
which does not, or does not any longer have a a working group 
suitable for hosting it. Additional effort is required to get review
coverage for specialized efforts such as this.

Document Quality

This document provides an overview and introduction to managing
networks with constrained devices. It clearly outlines the issues
and limitation, and lays out some requirements. It is clear and well
written. Special thanks to Thomas Watteyne and Pascal Thubert for 
arranging additional review.

Personnel

Warren Kumari will be the document shepherd, Joel Jaeggli is taking over 
for Benoit Claise as sponsoring AD.