Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-multipart-form-data-08.txt> (Returning Values from Forms: multipart/form-data) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 08:03:43 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Applications Area Working Group
WG (appsawg) to consider the following document:
- 'Returning Values from Forms: multipart/form-data'
  <draft-ietf-appsawg-multipart-form-data-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-04-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This specification (re)defines the multipart/form-data Internet Media
   Type, which can be used by a wide variety of applications and
   transported by a wide variety of protocols as a way of returning a
   set of values as the result of a user filling out a form.  It
   replaces RFC 2388.

NOTE:
   There is a GitHub repository for this draft at
         <https://github.com/masinter/multipart-form-data>
   The repository includes an issue tracker and a start on a test
   framework.  It might be helpful to consult the repository when
   reviewing the draft.

The draft file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-multipart-form-data/

Once IESG discussion begins, it can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-multipart-form-data/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.