Subject: Document Action: 'Management of Networks with Constrained Devices: Use Cases' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-opsawg-coman-use-cases-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 07:43:12 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Management of Networks with Constrained Devices: Use Cases'
  (draft-ietf-opsawg-coman-use-cases-05.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Operations and Management Area
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benoit Claise and Joel Jaeggli.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-coman-use-cases/

Technical Summary

Constrained devices (limited CPU, memory, and power resources) can be
connected to a network. This network may also be constrained or 
challenged (unreliable or lossy channels, wireless technologies with
limited bandwidth and a dynamic topology). This may make traditional
network management a poor fit for these networks. This document
outlines use cases for a network with constrained devices.  

Document Quality

This document provides an overview and introduction to constrained
networks / networks with constrained devices. It discusses where they
are typically used, and some of the challenges in managing them.
 Special thanks to Thomas Watteyne and Pascal Thubert for 
arranging additional review.

Personnel

Warren Kumari will be the document shepherd, Joel Jaeggli is taking over 
for Benoit Claise as sponsoring AD.