Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-uta-xmpp-05.txt> (Use of Transport Layer Security (TLS) in the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 07:24:06 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Using TLS in Applications WG
(uta) to consider the following document:
- 'Use of Transport Layer Security (TLS) in the Extensible Messaging and
   Presence Protocol (XMPP)'
  <draft-ietf-uta-xmpp-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-04-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document provides recommendations for the use of Transport Layer
   Security (TLS) in the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol
   (XMPP).  This document updates RFC 6120.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-uta-xmpp/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-uta-xmpp/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

ID nits says some references are out of date, we'll fix that as
we go.