Subject: RFC 7478 on Web Real-Time Communication Use Cases and Requirements

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 13:11:17 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7478

        Title:      Web Real-Time Communication Use Cases 
                    and Requirements 
        Author:     C. Holmberg, S. Hakansson, G. Eriksson
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 64824
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rtcweb-use-cases-and-requirements-16.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7478

This document describes web-based real-time communication use cases.
Requirements on the browser functionality are derived from the use
cases.

This document was developed in an initial phase of the work with
rather minor updates at later stages.  It has not really served as a
tool in deciding features or scope for the WG's efforts so far.  It
is being published to record the early conclusions of the WG.  It
will not be used as a set of rigid guidelines that specifications and
implementations will be held to in the future.

This document is a product of the Real-Time Communication in WEB-browsers Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC