Subject: Protocol Action: 'Enhanced Duplicate Address Detection' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-6man-enhanced-dad-15.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 06:55:46 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Enhanced Duplicate Address Detection'
  (draft-ietf-6man-enhanced-dad-15.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Brian Haberman and Ted Lemon.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-enhanced-dad/

Technical Summary

   This document describes an extension to IPv6 Duplicate Address
   Detection that allows DAD to detect looped backed ND messages. This
   is done by including a Nonce option.

Working Group Summary

   The initial revision of this work was published in October
   2011. There is a clear consensus that this solves a real
   problem. The WGLC did not receive any comments, that seems to have
   reflected a general happiness with the state of the document,
   rather than a lack of interest.

Document Quality

  The 6man working group appoints reviewers for all documents being
  advanced to the IESG. This document has been reviewed in detail by
  Jouni Korhonen, Eric Vyncke and Jinmei Tatuya. In addition to the
  chair's and shepherd's review.  In addition, after the WGLC, the
  chairs requested the AD for a IntDir review prior to advancing the
  document to the IESG. The IntDir review resulted in clarifications
  and a new revision of the document.

Personnel

  Document Shepherd: Ole Troan
  Responsible Area Director: Brian Haberman