Subject: RFC 7530 on Network File System (NFS) Version 4 Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 11:34:14 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7530

        Title:      Network File System (NFS) Version 4 Protocol 
        Author:     T. Haynes, Ed.,
                    D. Noveck, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      323
        Characters: 724613
        Obsoletes:  RFC 3530

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530bis-35.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7530

The Network File System (NFS) version 4 protocol is a distributed
file system protocol that builds on the heritage of NFS protocol
version 2 (RFC 1094) and version 3 (RFC 1813).  Unlike earlier
versions, the NFS version 4 protocol supports traditional file access
while integrating support for file locking and the MOUNT protocol.
In addition, support for strong security (and its negotiation),
COMPOUND operations, client caching, and internationalization has
been added.  Of course, attention has been applied to making NFS
version 4 operate well in an Internet environment.

This document, together with the companion External Data
Representation (XDR) description document, RFC 7531, obsoletes RFC
3530 as the definition of the NFS version 4 protocol.

This document is a product of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC