Subject: RFC 7533 on Administration Protocol for Federated File Systems

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 11:34:58 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7533

        Title:      Administration Protocol for Federated File 
                    Systems 
        Author:     J. Lentini, R. Tewari, C. Lever, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      37
        Characters: 76429
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-admin-15.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7533

This document describes the administration protocol for a federated
file system (FedFS) that enables file access and namespace traversal
across collections of independently administered fileservers.  The
protocol specifies a set of interfaces by which fileservers with
different administrators can form a fileserver federation that
provides a namespace composed of the file systems physically hosted
on and exported by the constituent fileservers.

This document is a product of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC