Subject: Protocol Action: 'Proxy MPLS Echo Request' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mpls-proxy-lsp-ping-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 15:24:59 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Proxy MPLS Echo Request'
  (draft-ietf-mpls-proxy-lsp-ping-05.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alia Atlas and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-proxy-lsp-ping/

Technical Summary

   This document defines a means of remotely initiating Multiprotocol
   Label Switched Protocol Pings on Label Switched Paths. An MPLS Proxy
   Ping Request is sent to any Label Switching Router along a Label
   Switched Path. The primary motivations for this facility are first to
   limit the number of messages and related processing when using LSP
   Ping in large Point-to-Multipoint LSPs, and second to enable leaf to
   leaf/root tracing.

Working Group Summary

     The working group process has been smooth. We had comparatively few 
     comments (all of the supportive) during the WGLC, but had a good
     discussion during the MPLS-RT review (April 2013). No points of 
     particular rough consensus: the working group is behind this document.

Document Quality

     We  know of  implementations of this specification.

Personnel

      Loa Andersson is the Document Shepherd.
      Adrian Farrel is the responsible AD