Subject: Document Action: 'Problem Statement and Requirements for a More Accurate ECN Feedback' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-tcpm-accecn-reqs-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 12:15:07 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Problem Statement and Requirements for a More Accurate ECN Feedback'
  (draft-ietf-tcpm-accecn-reqs-08.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Spencer Dawkins and Martin Stiemerling.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-accecn-reqs/

Technical Summary

Traditionally the explicit congestion notification can deliver only one 
congestion signal in a round-trip time with TCP. This Informational 
document motivates the case for delivering more accurate congestion 
information for TCP. It discusses high-level requirements for methods 
for delivering more accurate congestion information, but does not 
specify such mechanism. Therefore Informational is considered 
appropriate document type.

Working Group Summary

The document was reviewed by a few WG participants in its different 
phases, also during the WGLC. There has been no controversy over it. 
TCPM chairs believe the document is stable and has gone through a 
sufficient review, and is ready for publication.

Document Quality

There are no implementations, as this is solely a requirements document. 
The reviews done ins mentioned under WG summary. 

Personnel

The document shepherd is Pasi Sarolahti.
The responsible AD is Martin Stiemerling.