Subject: Protocol Action: 'LSP Attribute in ERO' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-teas-lsp-attribute-ro-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 08:32:46 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'LSP Attribute in ERO'
  (draft-ietf-teas-lsp-attribute-ro-05.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and
Signaling Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alia Atlas and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-lsp-attribute-ro/

Technical Summary

  RFC5420 extends RSVP-TE to specify or record generic attributes which
  apply to the whole of the path of an Label Switched Path (LSP).  This
  document defines an extension to the RSVP Explicit Route Object (ERO)
  and Record Route Object (RRO) objects to allow it to specify or
  record generic attributes which apply to a given hop.

Working Group Summary

  This document moved from the CCAMP to TEAS WGs as part of
  the routing WG changes.  This document has been fairly
  noncontroversial.

Document Quality
 
  The base GMPLS protocol has been implemented.  The extensions
  defined in this document are compatible with earlier implementations.
  While there have been no public statements on implementation, the
  authors are from multiple vendors, and implementation is expected.
  The mechanisms defined in this document are being used in two 
  other extensions that have already been submitted for publication,
  and in a number of other documents that are work in progress.

Personnel

  Lou Berger is the Document Shepherd
  Adrian Farrel is the Responsible Area Director