Subject: Document Action: 'Multiple Provisioning Domain Architecture' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-mif-mpvd-arch-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 10:47:35 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Multiple Provisioning Domain Architecture'
  (draft-ietf-mif-mpvd-arch-11.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Multiple Interfaces Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Brian Haberman and Ted Lemon.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mif-mpvd-arch/

Technical Summary
   This document outlines a solution framework for some of the issues
   experienced by nodes that can be attached to multiple networks
   simultaneously.  The framework defines the concept of a Provisioning
   Domain (PvD) which is a a consistent set of network configuration
   information.  PvD aware nodes learn PvD specific information from the
   networks they are attached to and / or other sources.  PvDs are used
   to enable separation and configuration consistency in presence of
   multiple concurrent connections.

Working Group Summary
  The working group has good consensus to move forward this document

Document Quality
There are no announced implementations of the document since it is a 
document about architecture. There several OS vendors indicate
that they have implement the specification. There are couple of 
good review inputs done by the potential users.

Personnel
  Hui Deng is the Document Shepherd
  Ted Lemon is the Responsible Area  Director