Subject: RFC 7452 on Architectural Considerations in Smart Object Networking

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 16:29:04 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7452

        Title:      Architectural Considerations in Smart Object 
                    Networking 
        Author:     H. Tschofenig, J. Arkko,
                    D. Thaler, D. McPherson
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IAB
        Date:       March 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 53504
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-iab-smart-object-architecture-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7452

The term "Internet of Things" (IoT) denotes a trend where a large
number of embedded devices employ communication services offered by
Internet protocols.  Many of these devices, often called "smart                   
objects", are not directly operated by humans but exist as components
in buildings or vehicles, or are spread out in the environment.
Following the theme "Everything that can be connected will be                     
connected", engineers and researchers designing smart object networks
need to decide how to achieve this in practice.

This document offers guidance to engineers designing Internet-
connected smart objects.

This document is a product of the Internet Architecture Board.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC