Subject: RFC 7472 on Internet Printing Protocol (IPP) over HTTPS Transport Binding and the 'ipps' URI Scheme

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 17:52:00 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7472

        Title:      Internet Printing Protocol (IPP) over 
                    HTTPS Transport Binding and the 'ipps' 
                    URI Scheme 
        Author:     I. McDonald, M. Sweet
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 37666
        Updates:    RFC 2910, RFC 2911

        I-D Tag:    draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme-18.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7472

This document defines the Internet Printing Protocol (IPP) over HTTPS
transport binding and the corresponding 'ipps' URI scheme, which is
used to designate the access to the network location of a secure IPP
print service or a network resource managed by such a service.

This document defines an alternate IPP transport binding to that
defined in the original IPP URL Scheme (RFC 3510), but this document
does not update or obsolete RFC 3510.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC