Subject: RFC 7531 on Network File System (NFS) Version 4 External Data Representation Standard (XDR) Description

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 11:34:28 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7531

        Title:      Network File System (NFS) Version 4
                    External Data Representation Standard (XDR) 
                    Description 
        Author:     T. Haynes, Ed.,
                    D. Noveck, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      39
        Characters: 67541
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530bis-dot-x-24.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7531

The Network File System (NFS) version 4 protocol is a distributed
file system protocol that owes its heritage to NFS protocol version 2
(RFC 1094) and version 3 (RFC 1813).  Unlike earlier versions, the
NFS version 4 protocol supports traditional file access while
integrating support for file locking and the MOUNT protocol.  In
addition, support for strong security (and its negotiation), COMPOUND
operations, client caching, and internationalization has been added.
Of course, attention has been applied to making NFS version 4 operate
well in an Internet environment.

RFC 7530 formally obsoletes RFC 3530.  This document, together with
RFC 7530, replaces RFC 3530 as the definition of the NFS version 4
protocol.

This document is a product of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC