Subject: RFC 8604 on Interconnecting Millions of Endpoints with Segment Routing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 15:42:31 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8604

        Title:      Interconnecting Millions of Endpoints
                    with Segment Routing 
        Author:     C. Filsfils, Ed.,
                    S. Previdi,
                    G. Dawra, Ed., 
                    W. Henderickx,
                    D. Cooper
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       June 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 20559
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-filsfils-spring-large-scale-interconnect-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8604

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8604

This document describes an application of Segment Routing to scale
the network to support hundreds of thousands of network nodes, and
tens of millions of physical underlay endpoints.  This use case can
be applied to the interconnection of massive-scale Data Centers (DCs)
and/or large aggregation networks.  Forwarding tables of midpoint and
leaf nodes only require a few tens of thousands of entries.  This may
be achieved by the inherently scaleable nature of Segment Routing and
the design proposed in this document.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC