Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnssd-push-20.txt> (DNS Push Notifications) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 10:09:55 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Extensions for Scalable DNS Service
Discovery WG (dnssd) to consider the following document: - 'DNS Push
Notifications'
  <draft-ietf-dnssd-push-20.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-07-05. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Domain Name System (DNS) was designed to return matching records
   efficiently for queries for data that are relatively static.  When
   those records change frequently, DNS is still efficient at returning
   the updated results when polled, as long as the polling rate is not
   too high.  But there exists no mechanism for a client to be
   asynchronously notified when these changes occur.  This document
   defines a mechanism for a client to be notified of such changes to
   DNS records, called DNS Push Notifications.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnssd-push/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnssd-push/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.