Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-46.txt> (Basic support for IPv6 over IEEE Std 802.11 Networks operating Outside the Context of a Basic Service Set (IPv6-over-80211-OCB)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 12:16:30 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IP Wireless Access in Vehicular
Environments WG (ipwave) to consider the following document: - 'Basic support
for IPv6 over IEEE Std 802.11 Networks operating Outside
   the Context of a Basic Service Set (IPv6-over-80211-OCB)'
  <draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-46.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-06-26. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document provides methods and settings, and describes
   limitations, for using IPv6 to communicate among nodes in range of
   one another over a single IEEE 802.11-OCB link with minimal change to
   existing stacks.  Optimizations and usage of IPv6 over more complex
   scenarios is not covered and is subject of future work.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc3753: Mobility Related Terminology (Informational - IETF stream)
    rfc7721: Security and Privacy Considerations for IPv6 Address Generation Mechanisms (Informational - IETF stream)
    rfc5889: IP Addressing Model in Ad Hoc Networks (Informational - IETF stream)
    rfc6959: Source Address Validation Improvement (SAVI) Threat Scope (Informational - IETF stream)