Subject: RFC 8624 on Algorithm Implementation Requirements and Usage Guidance for DNSSEC

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 14:54:08 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8624

        Title:      Algorithm Implementation Requirements and Usage 
                    Guidance for DNSSEC 
        Author:     P. Wouters, 
                    O. Sury
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 24118
        Obsoletes:  RFC 6944

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsop-algorithm-update-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8624

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8624

The DNSSEC protocol makes use of various cryptographic algorithms in
order to provide authentication of DNS data and proof of
nonexistence.  To ensure interoperability between DNS resolvers and
DNS authoritative servers, it is necessary to specify a set of
algorithm implementation requirements and usage guidelines to ensure
that there is at least one algorithm that all implementations
support.  This document defines the current algorithm implementation
requirements and usage guidance for DNSSEC.  This document obsoletes
RFC 6944.

This document is a product of the Domain Name System Operations Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC