Subject: Call for Feedback on ICANN Root Zone Evolution Review Appointment

From: IAB Executive Administrative Manager <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 14:55:32 -0700

On behalf of the IETF, the IAB has been asked to name a technical expert 
to the ICANN Root Zone Evolution Review Committee (RZERC). The RZERC is 
expected to:

  - Review and provide input regarding proposed architectural and 
    operational changes to the root zone.

  - As determined necessary by the committee, propose architectural and 
    operational changes to the Root Zone for consideration by the ICANN 
    Board.

  - Act as a consultation body for ICANN during the RFP process for the 
    Root Zone Maintainer, if needed.

The process for appointing this representative is outlined in RFC 8128 
[1].

The current IETF-selected member of the RZERC is Jim Reid, who has 
indicated that he is willing to continue in this role for the 2019-2020 
term. The IAB is now soliciting input from the community on this 
incumbent.

Please send your remarks in confidence to [email-masked] and 
[email-masked] by Thursday, 11 July 2019.  We thank you in advance for 
your help.

On behalf of the IAB,
   Cindy Morgan
   IAB Executive Administrative Manager

[1] https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8128