Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-v6ops-nat64-deployment-06.txt> (Additional NAT64/464XLAT Deployment Guidelines in Operator and Enterprise Networks) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2019 13:24:14 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Operations WG (v6ops) to
consider the following document: - 'Additional NAT64/464XLAT Deployment
Guidelines in Operator and
   Enterprise Networks'
  <draft-ietf-v6ops-nat64-deployment-06.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-06-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes how NAT64 (including 464XLAT) can be deployed
   in an IPv6 network, whether cellular ISP, broadband ISP, or
   enterprise, and possible optimizations.  The document also discusses
   issues to be considered when having IPv6-only connectivity,
   regarding: a) DNS64, b) applications or devices that use literal IPv4
   addresses or non-IPv6 compliant APIs, and c) IPv4-only hosts or
   applications.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-nat64-deployment/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-nat64-deployment/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.