Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-babel-hmac-07.txt> (HMAC authentication for the Babel routing protocol) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 11:30:52 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Babel routing protocol WG (babel) to
consider the following document: - 'HMAC authentication for the Babel routing
protocol'
  <draft-ietf-babel-hmac-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-07-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a cryptographic authentication mechanism for
   the Babel routing protocol that has provisions for replay avoidance.
   This document obsoletes RFC 7298.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-babel-hmac/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-babel-hmac/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc7693: The BLAKE2 Cryptographic Hash and Message Authentication Code (MAC) (Informational - Independent Submission Editor stream)