Subject: Protocol Action: 'SR-MPLS over IP' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mpls-sr-over-ip-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 10:11:30 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'SR-MPLS over IP'
  (draft-ietf-mpls-sr-over-ip-07.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-sr-over-ip/

Technical Summary

This document describes how SR-MPLS capable routers and IP-only
routers can seamlessly co-exist and interoperate through the use of
SR-MPLS label stacks and IP encapsulation/tunneling such as MPLS-in-
UDP as defined in RFC 7510.

Working Group Summary

The working group process has been very smooth and straight
forward. We have very good support for the document.

Document Quality

Do not currently know if there are implementations
of this specification. An implementation poll has been sent to the
MPLS working group, the shepherd write-up will be updated if
receive more information.
 
Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document?  Loa Andersson
   Who is the Responsible Area Director?  Deborah Brungard