Subject: RFC 8619 on Algorithm Identifiers for the HMAC-based Extract-and-Expand Key Derivation Function (HKDF)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 11:17:28 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8619

        Title:      Algorithm Identifiers for the HMAC-based 
                    Extract-and-Expand Key Derivation Function (HKDF) 
        Author:     R. Housley
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 11589
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-housley-hkdf-oids-01.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8619

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8619

RFC 5869 specifies the HMAC-based Extract-and-Expand Key Derivation
Function (HKDF) algorithm.  This document assigns algorithm
identifiers to the HKDF algorithm when used with three common one-way
hash functions.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC