Subject: RFC 8606 on ISDN User Part (ISUP) Cause Location Parameter for the SIP Reason Header Field

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 15:42:35 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8606

        Title:      ISDN User Part (ISUP) Cause Location Parameter 
                    for the SIP Reason Header Field 
        Author:     R. Jesske
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 14090
        Updates:    RFC 3326

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipcore-reason-q850-loc-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8606

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8606

The SIP Reason header field is defined to carry ISUP (ISDN User Part)
cause values as well as SIP response codes.  Some services in SIP
networks may need to know the ISUP location where the call was
released in the PSTN (Public Switched Telephone Network) to correctly
interpret the reason of release.  This document updates RFC 3326 by
adding a location parameter for this purpose.

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Protocol Core Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC