Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ospf-xaf-te-06.txt> (OSPF Routing with Cross-Address Family Traffic Engineering Tunnels) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 06:16:37 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Link State Routing WG (lsr) to
consider the following document: - 'OSPF Routing with Cross-Address Family
Traffic Engineering Tunnels'
  <draft-ietf-ospf-xaf-te-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-07-11. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   When using Traffic Engineering (TE) in a dual-stack IPv4/IPv6
   network, the Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) TE Label Switched
   Paths (LSP) infrastructure may be duplicated, even if the destination
   IPv4 and IPv6 addresses belong to the same remote router.  In order
   to achieve an integrated MPLS TE LSP infrastructure, OSPF routes must
   be computed over MPLS TE tunnels created using information propagated
   in another OSPF instance.  This issue is solved by advertising cross-
   address family (X-AF) OSPF TE information.

   This document describes an update to RFC5786 that allows for the easy
   identification of a router's local X-AF IP addresses.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-xaf-te/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-xaf-te/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.