Subject: RFC 8925 on IPv6-Only Preferred Option for DHCPv4

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2020 05:53:00 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8925

        Title:      IPv6-Only Preferred Option for DHCPv4 
        Author:     L. Colitti,
                    J. Linkova,
                    M. Richardson,
                    T. Mrugalski
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Updates:    RFC 2563

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dhc-v6only-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8925

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8925

This document specifies a DHCPv4 option to indicate that a host
supports an IPv6-only mode and is willing to forgo obtaining an IPv4
address if the network provides IPv6 connectivity. It also updates
RFC 2563 to specify DHCPv4 server behavior when the server receives a
DHCPDISCOVER not containing the Auto-Configure option but containing
the new option defined in this document.

This document is a product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC