Subject: RFC 8919 on IS-IS Application-Specific Link Attributes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 15:45:05 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8919

        Title:      IS-IS Application-Specific Link Attributes 
        Author:     L. Ginsberg,
                    P. Psenak,
                    S. Previdi,
                    W. Henderickx,
                    J. Drake
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2020 
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isis-te-app-19.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8919

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8919

Existing traffic-engineering-related link attribute advertisements
have been defined and are used in RSVP-TE deployments. Since the
original RSVP-TE use case was defined, additional applications (e.g.,
Segment Routing Policy and Loop-Free Alternates) that also make use
of the link attribute advertisements have been defined. In cases
where multiple applications wish to make use of these link
attributes, the current advertisements do not support
application-specific values for a given attribute, nor do they
support indication of which applications are using the advertised
value for a given link. This document introduces new link attribute
advertisements that address both of these shortcomings.

This document is a product of the Link State Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC