Subject: RFC 8884 on Research Directions for Using Information-Centric Networking (ICN) in Disaster Scenarios

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 11:47:30 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8884

        Title:      Research Directions for Using Information-Centric 
                    Networking (ICN) in Disaster Scenarios 
        Author:     J. Seedorf, 
                    M. Arumaithurai,
                    A. Tagami,
                    K. Ramakrishnan,
                    N. Blefari-Melazzi
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IRTF
        Date:       October 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-icnrg-disaster-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8884

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8884

Information-Centric Networking (ICN) is a new paradigm where the
network provides users with named content instead of communication
channels between hosts. This document outlines some research
directions for ICN with respect to applying ICN approaches for coping
with natural or human-generated, large-scale disasters. This document
is a product of the Information-Centric Networking Research Group
(ICNRG).

This document is a product of the Information-Centric Networking Research Group of the IRTF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce, rfc-dist and IRTF-Announce lists.To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
  https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC