Subject: RFC 8905 on The 'payto' URI Scheme for Payments

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2020 13:46:58 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8905

        Title:      The 'payto' URI Scheme for Payments 
        Author:     F. Dold, 
                    C. Grothoff
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       October 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-dold-payto-14.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8905

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8905

This document defines the 'payto' Uniform Resource Identifier (URI)
scheme for designating targets for payments.

A unified URI scheme for all payment target types allows applications
to offer user interactions with URIs that represent payment targets,
simplifying the introduction of new payment systems and applications.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC