Subject: Protocol Action: 'DetNet Data Plane: MPLS' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-detnet-mpls-13.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 11:52:18 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'DetNet Data Plane: MPLS'
  (draft-ietf-detnet-mpls-13.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Deterministic Networking Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-detnet-mpls/

Technical Summary

This document specifies the Deterministic Networking data plane when
operating over an MPLS Packet Switched Network.  It leverages
existing pseudowire (PW) encapsulations and MPLS Traffic Engineering
encapsulations and mechanisms.  This document builds on the DetNet
Architecture and Data Plane Framework.

Working Group Summary

No controversy. 

Document Quality

Several major vendors have been core to the development of DetNet, including
Cisco, Huawei, and Ericsson so it is assumed that they plan to implement it.

The DetNet WG have made extensive reviews of the present drafts. In addition,
a dedicated Data Plane Design team have met informally, regularly, to review
and progress this draft (and the associated set of data plane drafts). 

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document?  Ethan Grossman
   Who is the Responsible Area Director?  Deborah Brungard