Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-quic-transport-32.txt> (QUIC: A UDP-Based Multiplexed and Secure Transport) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 06:29:01 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the QUIC WG (quic) to consider the
following document: - 'QUIC: A UDP-Based Multiplexed and Secure Transport'
  <draft-ietf-quic-transport-32.txt> as Proposed Standard

This document is part of a combined 26-day last call for multiple 
related documents that defines the QUIC protocol and the HTTP mapping
onto QUIC. The documents are:
	
   - draft-ietf-quic-transport
   - draft-ietf-quic-recovery
   - draft-ietf-quic-tls
   - draft-ietf-quic-invariants
   - draft-ietf-quic-http
   - draft-ietf-quic-qpack

Due to its GitHub-centric work style, the QUIC WG requests that LC review 
comments are individually filed as issues in the WG repository at 
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts if at all possible. A summary email with 
URLs to the individual issue should then also be sent to the relevant mailing list 
(Primarily [email-masked] and [email-masked]).	

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-11-16. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines the core of the QUIC transport protocol.
   Accompanying documents describe QUIC's loss detection and congestion
   control and the use of TLS for key negotiation.

Note to Readers

   Discussion of this draft takes place on the QUIC working group
   mailing list ([email-masked] (mailto:[email-masked])), which is
   archived at https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/search/?email_list=quic

   Working Group information can be found at https://github.com/quicwg;
   source code and issues list for this draft can be found at
   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/labels/-transport.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-quic-transport/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.