Subject: Call for Feedback on the ICANN Technical Liaison Group Appointment

From: IAB Executive Administrative Manager <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 10:33:06 -0700

On behalf of the IETF, the IAB names two technical experts to the ICANN 
Technical Liaison Group (TLG). 

The current IETF-selected members of the TLG are Warren Kumari (term 
ends 2021) and Petr Špaček (term ends 2022). Warren has indicated that 
he is willing to continue in this role another term. The IAB is now 
soliciting input from the community on this incumbent.

The ICANN Bylaws (Section 13.2) ask the IAB, ITU-T, ETSI, and W3C to 
each provide two technical experts. The technical experts are expected 
to be "familiar with the technical standards issues that are relevant to 
ICANN's activities. These 8 experts shall be available as necessary to 
determine, through an exchange of e-mail messages, where to direct a 
technical question from ICANN when ICANN does not ask a specific TLG 
organization directly." All TLG participants are also members of ICANN's 
Technical Experts Group which confers with the ICANN Board at ICANN 
meetings.

The ICANN bylaws can be found at
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/governance/bylaws-en

Please send your remarks in confidence to [email-masked] and 
[email-masked]. 

The IAB would appreciate receiving comments by 23:59 UTC on Friday, 
2020-11-20, as the IAB will begin the next steps in the oversight 
process shortly after IETF 109.

On behalf of the IAB,
Cindy Morgan
IAB Executive Administrative Manager