Subject: Protocol Action: 'A YANG Data Model for MPLS Base' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mpls-base-yang-17.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 14:41:27 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A YANG Data Model for MPLS Base'
  (draft-ietf-mpls-base-yang-17.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-base-yang/

Technical Summary

This document contains a specification of the MPLS base YANG model.
The MPLS base YANG model serves as a base framework for configuring
and managing an MPLS switching subsystem on an MPLS-enabled router.
It is expected that other MPLS YANG models (e.g.  MPLS Label Switched
Path (LSP) Static, LDP or RSVP-TE YANG models) will augment the MPLS
base YANG model.

Working Group Summary

The working group is solidly behind that the document.

Document Quality

We understand that there are implementations and intents to implement
this YANG model from a large number of vendors. However we have no
documented implementations or intent to implement.

An implementation poll has therefore been sent to the working group
mailing list.

Tom Petch has done very thorough review and had a positive influence
on the document.

The document has been reviewed by the Yang Doctors several times.

Personnel

Who is the Document Shepherd for this document?  Loa Andersson
Who is the Responsible Area Director?  Deborah Brungard