Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-fast-failover-11.txt> (Multicast VPN Fast Upstream Failover) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2020 07:03:42 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG (bess) to
consider the following document: - 'Multicast VPN Fast Upstream Failover'
  <draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-fast-failover-11.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-10-19. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines multicast VPN extensions and procedures that
   allow fast failover for upstream failures, by allowing downstream PEs
   to take into account the status of Provider-Tunnels (P-tunnels) when
   selecting the Upstream PE for a VPN multicast flow, and extending BGP
   MVPN routing so that a C-multicast route can be advertised toward a
   Standby Upstream PE.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-fast-failover/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2696/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2697/