Subject: Protocol Action: 'DetNet Data Plane: IP over MPLS' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-detnet-ip-over-mpls-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 11:54:21 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'DetNet Data Plane: IP over MPLS'
  (draft-ietf-detnet-ip-over-mpls-09.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Deterministic Networking Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-detnet-ip-over-mpls/

Technical Summary

This document specifies the Deterministic Networking data plane when
encapsulating IP over an MPLS packet switched network.

Working Group Summary

No controversy, pretty much just putting the pieces together. 

Document Quality

At this time there are no shipping implementations of DetNet per se,
however clearly IP and MPLS are mature technologies.

Several major vendors have been core to the development of DetNet,
including Cisco, Huawei, and Ericsson so it is assumed that they plan to 
implement it.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document?  Ethan Grossman
   Who is the Responsible Area Director?  Deborah Brungard