Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6lo-blemesh-08.txt> (IPv6 Mesh over BLUETOOTH(R) Low Energy using IPSP) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2020 15:09:20 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 over Networks of
Resource-constrained Nodes WG (6lo) to consider the following document: -
'IPv6 Mesh over BLUETOOTH(R) Low Energy using IPSP'
  <draft-ietf-6lo-blemesh-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-10-21. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   RFC 7668 describes the adaptation of 6LoWPAN techniques to enable
   IPv6 over Bluetooth low energy networks that follow the star
   topology.  However, recent Bluetooth specifications allow the
   formation of extended topologies as well.  This document specifies
   mechanisms that are needed to enable IPv6 mesh over Bluetooth Low
   Energy links established by using the Bluetooth Internet Protocol
   Support Profile.  This document does not specify the routing protocol
   to be used in an IPv6 mesh over Bluetooth LE links.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-blemesh/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.