Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-emu-eap-tls13-11.txt> (Using EAP-TLS with TLS 1.3) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 06:51:40 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the EAP Method Update WG (emu) to
consider the following document: - 'Using EAP-TLS with TLS 1.3'
  <draft-ietf-emu-eap-tls13-11.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-10-29. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies the use of EAP-TLS with TLS 1.3 while
   remaining backwards compatible with existing implementations of EAP-
   TLS.  TLS 1.3 provides significantly improved security, privacy, and
   reduced latency when compared to earlier versions of TLS.  EAP-TLS
   with TLS 1.3 further improves security and privacy by mandating use
   of privacy and revocation checking.  This document also provides
   guidance on authorization and resumption for EAP-TLS in general
   (regardless of the underlying TLS version used).  This document
   updates RFC 5216.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-emu-eap-tls13/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.