Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-emu-eaptlscert-05.txt> (Handling Large Certificates and Long Certificate Chains in TLS-based EAP Methods) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 12:39:18 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the EAP Method Update WG (emu) to
consider the following document: - 'Handling Large Certificates and Long
Certificate Chains in TLS-based
   EAP Methods'
  <draft-ietf-emu-eaptlscert-05.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-10-28. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   EAP-TLS and other TLS-based EAP methods are widely deployed and used
   for network access authentication.  Large certificates and long
   certificate chains combined with authenticators that drop an EAP
   session after only 40 - 50 round-trips is a major deployment problem.
   This document looks at the this problem in detail and describes the
   potential solutions available.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-emu-eaptlscert/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.