Subject: RFC 8933 on Update to the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) for Algorithm Identifier Protection

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2020 15:28:09 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8933

        Title:      Update to the Cryptographic Message 
                    Syntax (CMS) for Algorithm Identifier Protection 
        Author:     R. Housley
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Updates:    RFC 5652

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lamps-cms-update-alg-id-protect-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8933

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8933

This document updates the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)
specified in RFC 5652 to ensure that algorithm identifiers in
signed-data and authenticated-data content types are adequately
protected.

This document is a product of the Limited Additional Mechanisms for PKIX and SMIME Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC