Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-tls-exported-authenticator-13.txt> (Exported Authenticators in TLS) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2020 09:59:45 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Layer Security WG (tls) to
consider the following document: - 'Exported Authenticators in TLS'
  <draft-ietf-tls-exported-authenticator-13.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-10-16. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a mechanism in Transport Layer Security (TLS)
   for peers to provide a proof of ownership of an identity, such as an
   X.509 certificate.  This proof can be exported by one peer,
   transmitted out-of-band to the other peer, and verified by the
   receiving peer.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-exported-authenticator/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.