Subject: Call for Comment: <draft-iab-rfcefdp-rfced-model-11> (RFC Editor Model (Version 3))

From: IAB Executive Administrative Manager <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2022 10:10:04 -0800

This is an announcement of a community-wide Call for Comment on 
draft-iab-rfcefdp-rfced-model-11.

The document is being considered for publication as an Informational RFC 
within the IAB stream, and is available for inspection at:
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-rfcefdp-rfced-model/>

The Call for Comment will last until 2022-03-07. Please send comments to
[email-masked] and [email-masked].

Abstract:

   This document specifies version 3 of the RFC Editor Model.  The model
   defines two high-level tasks related to the RFC Series.  First,
   policy definition is the joint responsibility of the RFC Series
   Working Group (RSWG), which produces policy proposals, and the RFC
   Series Approval Board (RSAB), which approves such proposals.  Second,
   policy implementation is primarily the responsibility of the RFC
   Production Center (RPC) as contractually overseen by the IETF
   Administration Limited Liability Company (IETF LLC).

   This document obsoletes RFC 8728.  This document updates RFC 7841,
   RFC 8729, and RFC 8730.

This IAB Call for Comment is running concurrently with the IETF Last 
Call for the following related IETF-stream documents:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-carpenter-rfced-iab-charter/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rosen-rfcefdp-update-2026/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rsalz-2028bis/