Subject: RFC 9183 on Single Nickname for an Area Border RBridge in Multilevel Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 22:50:24 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9183

        Title:      Single Nickname for an Area Border RBridge 
                    in Multilevel Transparent Interconnection 
                    of Lots of Links (TRILL) 
        Author:     M. Zhang,
                    D. Eastlake 3rd,
                    R. Perlman,
                    M. Cullen,
                    H. Zhai
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2022
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-trill-multilevel-single-nickname-17.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9183

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9183

A major issue in multilevel TRILL is how to manage RBridge nicknames.
In this document, area border RBridges use a single nickname in both
Level 1 and Level 2. RBridges in Level 2 must obtain unique nicknames
but RBridges in different Level 1 areas may have the same nicknames.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC