Subject: RFC 9206 on Commercial National Security Algorithm (CNSA) Suite Cryptography for Internet Protocol Security (IPsec)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 22:13:21 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9206

        Title:      Commercial National Security Algorithm (CNSA) 
                    Suite Cryptography for Internet Protocol Security 
                    (IPsec) 
        Author:     L. Corcoran,
                    M. Jenkins
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       February 2022
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-corcoran-cnsa-ipsec-profile-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9206

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9206

The United States Government has published the National Security
Agency's Commercial National Security Algorithm (CNSA) Suite, which
defines cryptographic algorithm policy for national security
applications. This document specifies the conventions for using the
United States National Security Agency's CNSA Suite algorithms in
Internet Protocol Security (IPsec). It applies to the capabilities,
configuration, and operation of all components of US National
Security Systems (described in NIST Special Publication 800-59) that
employ IPsec. This document is also appropriate for all other US
Government systems that process high-value information. It is made
publicly available for use by developers and operators of these and
any other system deployments.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC