Subject: RFC 9188 on Generic Multi-Access (GMA) Encapsulation Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 23:35:15 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9188

        Title:      Generic Multi-Access (GMA) Encapsulation Protocol 
        Author:     J. Zhu,
                    S. Kanugovi
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       February 2022
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-zhu-intarea-gma-14.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9188

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9188

A device can be simultaneously connected to multiple networks, e.g.,
Wi-Fi, LTE, 5G, and DSL. It is desirable to seamlessly combine the
connectivity over these networks below the transport layer (L4) to
improve the quality of experience for applications that do not have
built-in multi-path capabilities. Such optimization requires
additional control information, e.g., a sequence number, in each
packet. This document presents a new lightweight and flexible
encapsulation protocol for this need. The solution has been developed
by the authors based on their experiences in multiple standards
bodies including the IETF and 3GPP. However, this document is not an
Internet Standard and does not represent the consensus opinion of the
IETF. This document will enable other developers to build
interoperable implementations in order to experiment with the
protocol.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC