Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile-14.txt> (Message Queuing Telemetry Transport (MQTT)-TLS profile of Authentication and Authorization for Constrained Environments (ACE) Framework) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 15:07:40 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Authentication and Authorization for
Constrained Environments WG (ace) to consider the following document: -
'Message Queuing Telemetry Transport (MQTT)-TLS profile of
   Authentication and Authorization for Constrained Environments (ACE)
   Framework'
  <draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile-14.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2022-03-03. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies a profile for the ACE (Authentication and
   Authorization for Constrained Environments) framework to enable
   authorization in a Message Queuing Telemetry Transport (MQTT)-based
   publish-subscribe messaging system.  Proof-of-possession keys, bound
   to OAuth2.0 access tokens, are used to authenticate and authorize
   MQTT Clients.  The protocol relies on TLS for confidentiality and
   MQTT server (broker) authentication.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.