Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ace-aif-05.txt> (An Authorization Information Format (AIF) for ACE) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 16:28:28 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Authentication and Authorization for
Constrained Environments WG (ace) to consider the following document: - 'An
Authorization Information Format (AIF) for ACE'
  <draft-ietf-ace-aif-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2022-02-28. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Information about which entities are authorized to perform what
   operations on which constituents of other entities is a crucial
   component of producing an overall system that is secure.  Conveying
   precise authorization information is especially critical in highly
   automated systems with large numbers of entities, such as the
   "Internet of Things".

   This specification provides a generic information model and format
   for representing such authorization information, as well as two
   variants of a specific instantiation of that format for use with REST
   resources identified by URI path.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ace-aif/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.