Subject: RFC 9192 on Network Service Header (NSH) Fixed-Length Context Header Allocation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 22:54:03 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9192

        Title:      Network Service Header (NSH) Fixed-Length 
                    Context Header Allocation 
        Author:     T. Mizrahi,
                    I. Yerushalmi,
                    D. Melman,
                    R. Browne
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       February 2022
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-mymb-sfc-nsh-allocation-timestamp-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9192

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9192

The Network Service Header (NSH) specification defines two possible
methods of including metadata (MD): MD Type 0x1 and MD Type 0x2. MD
Type 0x1 uses a fixed-length Context Header. The allocation of this
Context Header, i.e., its structure and semantics, has not been
standardized. This memo defines the Timestamp Context Header, which
is an NSH fixed-length Context Header that incorporates the packet's
timestamp, a sequence number, and a source interface identifier.

Although the definition of the Context Header presented in this
document has not been standardized by the IETF, it has been
implemented in silicon by several manufacturers and is published here
to facilitate interoperability.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC