Subject: Protocol Action: 'IETF Discussion List Charter' to Best Current Practice (draft-eggert-bcp45bis-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 14:48:49 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IETF Discussion List Charter'
  (draft-eggert-bcp45bis-08.txt) as Best Current Practice

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an IETF
Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Robert Wilton.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eggert-bcp45bis/

Technical Summary

   The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) discussion mailing list
   furthers the development and specification of Internet technology
   through the general discussion of topics for which no dedicated
   mailing lists exists.  As this is the most general IETF mailing list,
   considerable latitude is allowed, but there are posts and topics that
   are unsuitable for this mailing list.

Working Group Summary

   This document was discussed in GENDISPATCH and then AD sponsored.
   There was discussion and improvements to the document both on the
   GENDISPATCH mailing list and during IETF LC.  I failed to explicitly cc
   [email-masked] during the first IETF LC, so held a second last call on a
   updated version of the document that incorporated the review
   comments from the first review and received no further comments. 

Document Quality

   The document is short, easy to read, and well written, only covering
   IETF processes.  I believe that the document accurately describes
   the current expectations for subscribers of the main IETF mailing
   list.  The document has rough consensus.

Personnel

   Doc Shepherd and responsible AD for this document is Robert Wilton.