Subject: [ipfix-protocol] new version of the IPFIX protocol draft:draft-ietf-ipfix-protocol-19.txt

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 18:22:42 +0200

Dear all,

A new version of the protocol draft is posted. Editorial changes, from 
various people, were integrated.

The best way to check for editorial changes is:  
http://ietf.levkowetz.com/tools/rfcdiff/rfcdiff.pyht

1. Length
           Total length of the IPFIX Message, measured in octets,
           including Message Header and Set(s).

2. Padding now contains:
          If padding of the IPFIX Message is desired in combination with 
very short
          Records, then the padding Information Element 'paddingOctets'
          [IPFIX-INFO] can be used for padding Records such that their
          length is increased to a multiple of 4 or 8 octets.

3. Figure Q: Data Set, containing Data Records is now improved.

4. Text improved

   If reduced sizing is used, it MUST only be applied to the following
   integer types: unsigned64, signed64, unsigned32, signed32,
   unsigned16, signed16.  The same signed versus unsigned property MUST
   be preserved.  The reduction in size can be to any number of octets
   smaller than the original type if the data value still fits, i.e. so
   that only leading zeroes are dropped. For example, an unsigned64 can
   be reduced in size to 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, or 1 octet(s).

   The reduced size encoding MUST NOT be applied to
   dateTimeMicroSeconds or to dateTimeNanoSeconds because these
   represent an inherent structure that would be destroyed by using
   less than the original number of bytes

5. The second sentence in this paragraph has been added.

   The Collector MUST accept padding in Data Records and Template
   Records.  The padding size is the Set Length minus the size of the
   Set Header (4 octets for the Set ID and the Set Length), modulo the
   Record size deduced from the Template Record.

6. The optional padding at the end of the Set has been left unchanged.

Regards, Benoit.

--
Help        mailto:[email-masked] and say "help" in message body
Unsubscribe mailto:[email-masked] and say
"unsubscribe ipfix" in message body
Archive     http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/archive/