Subject: [Fwd: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-uri-zoneid-01.txt]

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 16:36:32 +0100

This version favours the option that seemed to get the
most positive reaction on the list. There's been quite some
restructuring of the draft since the -00 version, so
please read it through and send comments.

   Brian + Bob

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-uri-zoneid-01.txt
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 08:28:15 -0700
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the IPv6
Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Representing IPv6 Zone Identifiers in Uniform Resource Identifiers
	Author(s)       : Brian Carpenter
                          Robert M. Hinden
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-uri-zoneid-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2012-05-29

   This document describes how the Zone Identifier of an IPv6 scoped
   address can be represented in a Uniform Resource Identifier that
   includes a literal IPv6 address.  It updates RFC 3986 and RFC 4007.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6man-uri-zoneid-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6man-uri-zoneid-01.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-uri-zoneid/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

---

From: t.petch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 09:36:21 +0100

Looks good.

I wonder about the first sentence,
"This document describes how the Zone Identifier of an IPv6 scoped
   address can be represented in a Uniform Resource Identifier that
   includes a literal IPv6 address. "

in that the specification now goes beyond just a literal IPv6 address so
that
last conditional clause is, while not wrong, perhaps too restrictive, as
will be clear to anyone who reads on.

Tom Petch

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian E Carpenter" <[email-masked]>
To: "6man" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Bob Hinden" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 4:36 PM
Subject: [Fwd: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-uri-zoneid-01.txt]

> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories. This draft is a work item of the IPv6
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
> [email-masked]
> Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
>

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 18:30:01 +0100

> in that the specification now goes beyond just a literal IPv6 address so

Where? The only proposal concerns the literal address format (at
least that is the intention).

  Brian