Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-rfc3484bis-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 14:14:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Default Address Selection for Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6)
	Author(s)       : Dave Thaler
                          Richard Draves
                          Arifumi Matsumoto
                          Tim Chown
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-rfc3484bis-05.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2012-05-31

   This document describes two algorithms, one for source address
   selection and one for destination address selection.  The algorithms
   specify default behavior for all Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6)
   implementations.  They do not override choices made by applications
   or upper-layer protocols, nor do they preclude the development of
   more advanced mechanisms for address selection.  The two algorithms
   share a common context, including an optional mechanism for allowing
   administrators to provide policy that can override the default
   behavior.  In dual stack implementations, the destination address
   selection algorithm can consider both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses -
   depending on the available source addresses, the algorithm might
   prefer IPv6 addresses over IPv4 addresses, or vice-versa.

   Default address selection as defined in this specification applies to
   all IPv6 nodes, including both hosts and routers.  This document
   obsoletes RFC 3484.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6man-rfc3484bis-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6man-rfc3484bis-05.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-rfc3484bis/