Subject: [Ietf-krb-wg] I believe draft-ietf-krb-wg-preauth-framework is ready to go to Tim

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 15:56:34 -0400

I've submitted -14 of the preauthentication framework per my message
to the working group last week.

Unless Larry notices problems with the cway I made the changes in 14,
I believe this is ready to go to Tim.  Now' we're waiting for Jeff to
either confirm that's the case and send it on its way or let the
editors know what the still open issues are.

Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-krb-wg-preauth-framework-14
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 12:34:56 -0700 (PDT)

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-krb-wg-preauth-framework-14.txt has been successfuly submitted by Sam Hartman and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-krb-wg-preauth-framework
Revision:	 14
Title:		 A Generalized Framework for Kerberos Pre-Authentication
Creation_date:	 2009-08-12
WG ID:		 krb-wg
Number_of_pages: 50

Abstract:
Kerberos is a protocol for verifying the identity of principals
(e.g., a workstation user or a network server) on an open network.
The Kerberos protocol provides a mechanism called pre-authentication
for proving the identity of a principal and for better protecting the
long-term secrets of the principal.

This document describes a model for Kerberos pre-authentication
mechanisms.  The model describes what state in the Kerberos request a
pre-authentication mechanism is likely to change.  It also describes
how multiple pre-authentication mechanisms used in the same request
will interact.

This document also provides common tools needed by multiple pre-
authentication mechanisms.  One of these tools is a secure channel
between the client and the KDC with a reply key strengthening
mechanism; this secure channel can be used to protect the
authentication exchange thus eliminate offline dictionary attacks.
With these tools, it is relatively straightforward to chain multiple
authentication mechanisms, utilize a different key management system,
or support a new key agreement algorithm.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg

---

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 20:02:56 -0400

> editors know what the still open issues are.

Which I will do, but possibly not until as late as the end of next week. 
We're in the process of moving several departments into a new building, and 
it's consuming all of my time until then.
_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg