Subject: [Lln-futures] FINAL CFP: ACM e-Energy 2015

From: vincenzo mancuso <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 10:45:13 +0100

FINAL CALL FOR PAPERS (Abstract due in less than one month)

ACM e-Energy 2015

The Sixth International Conference on Future Energy Systems

July 14-17, 2015,  Bangalore, India

http://conferences.sigcomm.org/eenergy/2015/

Computing and communication technologies impact energy systems in two
distinct ways. The exponential growth in deployment of these
technologies has made them large-scale energy consumers. Therefore,
new architectures, technologies and systems are being developed and
deployed to make computing and networked system more energy efficient.
Additionally, and perhaps more importantly, these technologies are at
the center of the on-going revolution in next generation “smart” and
sustainable energy systems. They measure, monitor and control energy
systems such as the smart grid; inform and shape human demand; aid in
the prediction, deployment, storage and control of energy resources;
and determine how utilities, generators, regulators, and consumers
measure, analyze, and collectively control system elements.

The sixth International Conference on Future Energy Systems (ACM
e-Energy), to be held in Bangalore, India in July 2015 aims to be the
premier venue for researchers working in the broad areas of computing
and communication for smart energy systems (including the smart grid),
and in energy-efficient computing and communication systems. By
bringing together researchers in a high-quality single-track
conference with significant opportunities for individual and small
group interactions, it will serve as a major forum for presentations
and discussions that will shape the future of this area.

We solicit high-quality papers in the area of computing and
communication for the Smart Grid and energy-efficient computing and
communications. We welcome submissions describing theoretical advances
as well as system design, implementation and experimentation. ACM
eEnergy is committed to a fair, timely, and thorough review process
providing authors of submitted papers with sound and detailed
feedback.

Relevant topics for the conference include, but are not limited to the
following:

- Advances in monitoring and control of smart homes and buildings

- Sensing, monitoring, control, and management of energy systems

- Energy-efficient computing and communication, including
energy-efficient data centers

- The impact of storage integration on the smart grid

- Electric Vehicle monitoring and control

- Distribution and transmission network control techniques

- Microgrid and distributed generation management and control

- Modeling, control, and architectures for renewable energy generation resources

- Smart grid communication architectures and protocols

- Privacy and security of smart grid infrastructure

- Innovative pricing and incentives for demand-side management

- Novel technologies to enhance reliability and robustness of energy systems

- HCI for energy monitoring, management, and awareness

- User studies and behavioral change enabled by computing and
communication technologies

- Data analytics for the smart grid and energy-efficient systems

- Modeling, management and control of variability and uncertainty in
energy supply and demand

Submissions

Three types of contributions are solicited:

- Regular papers, up to 10 pages in ACM double-column format, should
present original theoretical and/or experimental research in any of
the areas listed above that has not been previously published,
accepted for publication, or is not currently under review by another
conference or journal. Regular papers are intended to describe high
quality research work based on novel ideas that have been thoroughly
evaluated. The 10 pages limit is intended to be an upper bound and we
encourage the authors to take fewer pages if appropriate. The review
process for regular papers will include a thorough evaluation by the
program committee, opportunity for authors to respond to reviews, and
a shepherding process to ensure compliance with review comments before
the paper acceptance is finalized.

- Challenge Papers, up to 6 pages in ACM double-column format, should
present revolutionary new ideas that challenge existing assumptions
prevalent among the e-Energy research community. Challenge papers
should provide stimulating ideas or visions that may open up exciting
avenues and/or influence the direction of future research.
Descriptions of new products or evolution of existing work are not
appropriate topics for papers in this category. While an exhaustive
evaluation of the proposed ideas is not necessary, insight into and
in-depth understanding of the issues is expected. Challenges papers
will be reviewed by the program committee and will be part of the
technical program and published in the proceedings. The title of these
papers must start with the prefix "Challenge:" i.e., "Challenge: Rest
of the Title."

- Poster and Demo Abstracts, up to 2 pages in ACM double-column format
showcasing works-in-progress; accepted posters/demos will be presented
at the conference. Topics of interest are the same as research topics
listed above. Preference will be given to posters/demos where the
primary contribution is from one or more students. Additionally, the
demo abstracts should be accompanied by a third page (which will not
be published) describing the script of the demo to be presented as
well as any special resource requirements (space, networking,
electricity etc.). The title for the abstracts must have the prefix
“Poster Abstract:” or “Demo Abstract:” as appropriate.

The submission must be in PDF format with all fonts embedded, and be
formatted according to the official ACM Proceedings format. Papers
that do not meet the size and formatting requirements will not be
reviewed. Word and LaTeX templates are available at
http://www.acm.org/sigs/publications/proceedings-templates. Please
note that you must use the “Strict Adherence to SIGS style” template
option.

Submissions are to be made via the Easychair website at:
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=eenergy2015

Important Dates

Abstract Registration (Regular Papers): January 5, 2015

Manuscript Submission (Regular Papers): January 12, 2015

Manuscript Submission (Challenge Papers): January 31, 2015

Author Rebuttals Solicited (Regular Papers): February 20, 2015

Author Rebuttals Due (Regular Papers): March 1, 2015

Decision Notification (Regular Papers): April 1, 2015

Manuscript Submission (Poster/Demo): April 10, 2015

Decision Notification (Poster/Demo):  April 30, 2015

ACM e-Energy conference, Bangalore, India: July 14-17, 2015

Organizing Committee

General Chairs

- Shivkumar Kalyanaraman - IBM, Australia

- Deva P. Seetharam - Independent Researcher, India

- Rajeev Shorey - IT Research Academy, DEITY, India

TPC Chairs

- Mani Srivastava - UCLA, USA

- Sarvapali D. (Gopal) Ramchurn - University of Southampton, UK

Poster/Demo Track Chairs

- Matteo Vasirani - EPFL, Switzerland

- Sid Chi-Kin Chau - Masdar Institute, Abu Dhabi, UAE

- Niranth Amogh - Huawei, India

For more details, please check the e-Energy 2015 website
(http://conferences.sigcomm.org/eenergy/2015).