Subject: [Lln-futures] CFP: EAI GOODTECHS 2018 - Special Session on Serious Games to Improve Quality of Life - 4 DAYS UNTIL DEADLINE

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 19:55:01 +0200

[Apologies for multiple copies]

**NEWS**
Papers accepted for presentation at GoodTechs conference will be  
published in ACM Digital Library.
Best papers will be invited to submit an extended version of the paper  
to appear in a Special Issue of "Mobile Networks and Applications"  
(MONET) Journal.

ONLY 4 DAYS UNTIL DEADLINE
DEADLINE DATE: 3rd September 2018

         Goodtechs 18

         4th EAI International Conference on
         Smart Objects and Technologies for Social Good
         Special Session on Serious Games to Improve Quality of Life
         http://goodtechs.eu/

         CALL FOR PAPERS

Gamification techniques and serious games are often used to capture  
and maintain user's attention. This is particularly important when  
dealing with young patients or people with special needs.
Patient's collaboration is crucial for doctors to perform a good  
diagnosis, and to provide an efficient therapy, but it cannot always  
be taken for granted. Moreover, serious games are proved to be an  
efficient tool to incentivize people to improve their lifestyle, e.g.,  
making more physical activity.
This track will feature new insights, research, and practice on how to  
design, develop and use gamification and persuasive technologies to  
create serious games and applications to improve individuals' Quality  
of Life (QoL) and behavior, with a particular focus on people with  
disabilities.
The track targets researchers, doctoral students, practitioners and  
other people interested in presenting, discussing, reflecting and  
networking on central themes associated with the development and use  
of serious games and applications to help people with special needs.
Papers on both theoretical aspects and design method of gamification  
techniques and serious games are welcomed, which describe and evaluate  
novel design methods and system prototypes. In addition, the track  
welcomes full research and work in progress papers and educational  
cases.

GoodTechs 18 will be held in Bologna, Italy, from the 28th to 30th of  
Novembre 2018.

TOPICS
------

Suggested topics include (but are not limited to):

         - Serious game design for better lifestyle promotion
         - Serious games for people with disability
         - Games for Education and Learning
         - Gamification
         - Pervasive Systems
         - Assistive Technologies
         - Persuasive solutions
         - Methods, models and principles for gamification design
         - Usability and accessibility issues
         - Games for Health and Well-Being
         - Serious Games for social inclusion

SUBMISSION
----------

         - Regular papers should be up to 6 pages in length.
         - Short papers should be up to 4 pages in length.
         - The paper submissions must follow the ACM formatting  
guidelines (http://goodtechs.eu/authors-kit/)

Papers must be submitted online on Confy (http://confy.eai.eu/),  
selecting GoodTechs 2018 and the Special Issue on "Serious Games to  
Improve Quality of Life".

Submissions will be reviewed anonymously by at least three expert  
reviewers. Papers will be judged on originality, correctness, clarity  
and relevance. Submission of the paper implies agreement of the  
author(s) to attend the conference and present the paper if accepted.

Papers accepted for presentation at GoodTechs conference will be  
published in Springer and indexed by ACM Digital Library.
Moreover, authors of the selected best papers will be asked to write  
an extended version of the paper to appear in a Special Issue of  
"Mobile Networks and Applications" (MONET) Journal and "Multimedia  
Tools and Applications" (MTAP) journal.

IMPORTANT DATES
---------------

NEW DEADLINE for paper submission: 3rd September 2018
Notification deadline: 1 October 2018
Registration Opens: 1 October 2018
Camera-ready deadline: 1 November 2018

SESSION CHAIR
--------------------

Ombretta Gaggi - Universita  di Padova, Italy
Antonio Roda  - Universita  di Padova, Italy

-- 
Giacomo Quadrio
Ph.D student
University of Padua
Department of Mathematics
Via Trieste, 63 - Office 731
35121, Padua, Italy

-- 
Giacomo Quadrio
Ph.D student
University of Padua
Department of Mathematics
Via Trieste, 63 - Office 731
35121, Padua, Italy

-- 
Giacomo Quadrio
Ph.D student
University of Padua
Department of Mathematics
Via Trieste, 63 - Office 731
35121, Padua, Italy