Subject: mboned: Draft revised:draft-satou-multiaaa-framework-01.txt

From: Hiroaki Satou <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 21:13:25 +0900

Hello

We have updated the following draft "AAA Framework for Multicasting"
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-satou-multiaaa-framework-01.txt

Our request is to have this work accepted by the mboned WG as a working
item.  We presented at the last IETF in Vancouver, and at that time it
seemed that many people had had a chance to read the draft.  The general
WG feedback to the presentation seemed that it would be appropriate to
accept this work as long as it did not encroach on protocol definition. As
now stated in the draft, the purpose "... is to provide a generalized
framework for  solution standards to meet these requirements [defined in
draft-ietf-mboned-maccnt-req-04.txt.]  This framework is to provide a basis
for defining protocols, but definition of the actual protocols is outside
of the scope ..." of the memo.

It is a very short draft (with many of the pages comprised of diagrams
or required boilerplate text), and we hope that people in the WG have a
chance to read it before Dallas.  We would appreciate any feedback.

FYI, since the -00 version, the primary changes to the draft are:
1) addition of transit provider as model entity, and its role
2) addition of section 4, "Network Connection Model and Functional
Components".
3) modularity: fully enabled versions and partially enabled versions

Thanks,

Hiroaki 

_______________________________________________________________
user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/mboned.html
web archive:  http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/mboned/