Subject: [mile] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mile-sci-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 07:17:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Managed Incident Lightweight Exchange Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : IODEF-extension to support structured cybersecurity information
	Author(s)       : Takeshi Takahashi
                          Kent Landfield
                          Thomas Millar
                          Youki Kadobayashi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mile-sci-04.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2012-05-10

   This document extends the Incident Object Description Exchange Format
   (IODEF) defined in RFC 5070 [RFC5070] to facilitate enriched
   cybersecurity information exchange among cybersecurity entities.  It
   provides the capability of embedding structured information, such as
   identifier- and XML-based information.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mile-sci-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mile-sci-04.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mile-sci/

---

From: "Takeshi Takahashi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 23:20:16 +0900

Hello all,

I've just uploaded a revised version of the SCI draft.
We have several issues here, as discussed a short while ago.

1. How to support enumeration values (identifiers) such as CVE-ID?

I also agree there are needs to support these enumerations, be it either
revised IODEF or its extension.
In my understanding, two ways of describing the values are proposed on the
list : one is using the SCI classes while the other is extending
iodef:Reference class.

After the discussion last week, I thought that one solution could be as
follwos:
o We define the extended iodef:Reference class first
o Then all the SCI classes are modifled so that they becomes the extended
classes of the new iodef:Reference class. 

The required changes to the SCI classes are not that much, IMHO (though the
SCI draft needs to wait until the IODEF revision work completes).
As Kathleen suggested, this issue should be discussed on the Rosella's list.
Let me come there soon.

2. How to reference cybersecurity specifications?

I moved the list of specifications to the appendix III, and the main body
defines only the structure of the IANA table.
If that is allowed, all the references could be moved from normative to
informative reference section.

I have found old sentences in the 03 version, which I believe caused some
confusion to the readers. I apologize for that.
I know the draft still has more issues, but the above two are the biggest
and bottleneck issues, so I am hoping to get feedback from this community so
that we could move forward.

Kind Regards,
Take

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> [email-masked]
> Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2012 11:17 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [mile] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mile-sci-04.txt
> 
> 
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
> directories. This draft is a work item of the Managed Incident Lightweight
> Exchange Working Group of the IETF.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> mile mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mile