Subject: [pkix] Request for allocation of extended key purpose identifier

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 09:48:23 -0500

Hi Folks,
   We are working on draft-ietf-csi-send-cert-01 that is a working group 
draft of the csi working group. We would like to request a new OID from 
the extended key purpose identifiers registry at
http://www.imc.org/ietf-pkix/pkix-oid.asn for defining EKU values for 
SEND certificates.

id-kp-sendDomain        OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { id-kp X }

Let us know if we need to provide any more details.

Thanks
Suresh,

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 16:53:13 -0500

Your email asks for a single key purpose, but the document asks for 
three of them.

      send-kp OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::=
        { iso(1) identified-organization(3) dod(6) internet(1)
          security(5) mechanisms(5) TBA1 }

      id-kp-sendRouter OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { send-kp 1 }

      id-kp-sendProxy OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { send-kp 2 }

      id-kp-sendOwner OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { send-kp 3 }

What is needed?

Russ

---

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 17:12:41 -0500

Hi Russ,
   I sent out a correction mail to the pkix list right after it was 
pointed to me offline that we need to request all 3 ekus instead of the 
top level.

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/pkix/current/msg27482.html

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks
Suresh