Subject: [re-ECN] Support requested: Start of WGLC for Tunnelling of ECN (draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-tunnel)

From: Bob Briscoe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 18:50:57 +0000

ConEx folks,

Note the ecn-tunnel draft is now in w-g last call. Having a single 
consistent treatment of the ECN field through tunnels will be 
important for ConEx.

The TSVWG Chairs are looking for messages of support (or not) on the 
[email-masked] list.

Tunnel behaviour has diverged in its treatment of the ECN field. At 
ingress, IPsec tunnels copy it, but some non-IPsec tunnels do a 
partial copy. This draft proposes to harmonise all tunnelling so the 
ECN field is copied, as IPsec does.

Preferably post your messages to tsvwg before Monday's TSVWG session, 
altho you have until 12 Apr.

See below, which includes a link to the draft for the whole story.

Cheers

Bob

>Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 15:03:45 +0000
>From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
>Reply-To: [email-masked]
>Organization: The University of Aberdeen is a charity registered in Scotland,
>  No SC013683.
>To: tsvwg WG <[email-masked]>
>CC: Bob Briscoe <[email-masked]>,
>         tsvwg chair <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Start of WGLC for Tunnelling of ECN  (draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-tunnel)
>
>
>This email announces the beginning of a working group last call for
>draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-tunnel-08, "Tunnelling of Explicit Congestion 
>Notification". This document is now thought by the authors to be 
>ready to proceed to be published as a Proposed Standard. Please send 
>any comments to the TSVWG list.
>
>The draft is available at:
>https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-tunnel/
>
>The document will  be forwarded in parallel to the Security Directorate
>for a Security Review.
>
>The last call will run for FOUR weeks, ending Monday, 12th April 
>2010 (since it will cover an IETF meeting period). Emails saying "I 
>support" or "I don't support" are also most helpful in judging the consensus.
>
>James and Gorry
>(TSVWG Chairs)
>
>
>P.S. A copy of this mail will be sent also to the PCN WG for info.

________________________________________________________________
Bob Briscoe,                                BT Innovate & Design