Subject: Re: [Smart] Draft Charter For SMART Proposed RG

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2018 09:37:29 -0400

Hello,

For some reason I wasn't getting messages, so I am responding to the last
on thread:
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/smart/current/msg00008.html

Thank you for the comments, Stephen.  I'm in agreement with both you and
Kirsty that the work will not be aimed at weakening any privacy or
encryption measures, but rather developing new methods to detect and thwart
attacks with encryption and less access to identifiers including randomized
MAC addresses and other identifiers that have been removed or obfuscated in
protocols.

Adding some generalized text to these points makes sense including
references to a few relevant BCPs.

Thank you,
Kathleen

-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen