Subject: [TLS] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-sheffer-tls-pinning-ticket-03.txt

From: Yaron Sheffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2016 13:19:09 +0300

Daniel and I just submitted a new version of this draft. Other than 
numerous editorial improvements and clarifications, the main changes are 
to the cryptographic operations, to bring them in-line with the latest 
version of TLS 1.3.

Thanks,
	Yaron

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for 
draft-sheffer-tls-pinning-ticket-03.txt
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2016 03:00:10 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Yaron Sheffer <[email-masked]>, Daniel Migault 
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-sheffer-tls-pinning-ticket-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Yaron Sheffer and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-sheffer-tls-pinning-ticket
Revision:	03
Title:		TLS Server Identity Pinning with Tickets
Document date:	2016-10-04
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		23
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sheffer-tls-pinning-ticket-03.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sheffer-tls-pinning-ticket/
Htmlized: 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sheffer-tls-pinning-ticket-03
Diff: 
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sheffer-tls-pinning-ticket-03

Abstract:
    Misissued public-key certificates can prevent TLS clients from
    appropriately authenticating the TLS server.  Several alternatives
    have been proposed to detect this situation and prevent a client from
    establishing a TLS session with a TLS end point authenticated with an
    illegitimate public-key certificate, but none is currently in wide
    use.

    This document proposes to extend TLS with opaque pinning tickets as a
    way to pin the server's identity.  During an initial TLS session, the
    server provides an original encrypted pinning ticket.  In subsequent
    TLS session establishment, upon receipt of the pinning ticket, the
    server proves its ability to decrypt the pinning ticket and thus the
    ownership if the pinning protection key.  The client can now safely
    conclude that the TLS session is established with the same TLS server
    as the original TLS session.  One of the important properties of this
    proposal is that no manual management actions are required.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat