Subject: Heads up - Routing Area Directorate

From: Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 19:49:08 +0000

Hi WG chairs et al.,

Just to let you know that Ross and I have reformed the Routing Area 
Directorate.

We will be using it to help us with document review of drafts that are close 
to or related to routing. Typically this will be during IETF last call or 
IESG review. Sometimes it will be a bit earlier when the Routing ADs need 
some help with a topic. We are also happy to receive requests for review 
solicited by WG chairs or other ADs.

The reviews will be intended for the Routing ADs, but they will be copied to 
the document editors/authors and the WG chairs for each draft. If the 
reviews arrive during the IETF last call period, they MAY be taken as last 
call comments and discussed accordingly - this may save time later when the 
document is in IESG review.

There is a charter page for the directorate at 
http://www.ietf.org/iesg/directorate/routing.html. It gives a charter, the 
membership, and some guidance for reviewers. This is very much work in 
progress.

We are starting to pilot the project with a few reviews starting now.

Reviews will be coordinated by our dedicated and unbribable assistant 
Deborah Brungard. They are tracked through the wiki at 
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/rtg/trac/wiki/WikiStart

Cheers,
Adrian