Subject: Fwd: Revised Guidelines to Authors of Internet-Drafts

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 12:58:45 -0500

The updated I-D Guidelines have been posted.

Russ

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Revised Guidelines to Authors of Internet-Drafts
Date: Wed,  3 Feb 2010 09:31:53 -0800 (PST)
From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
To: IETF Announcement list <[email-masked]>

An updated version of the Guidelines to Authors of Internet-Drafts is now
available and has been posted on the IETF website:

   http://www.ietf.org/id-info/guidelines.html  OR
   http://www.ietf.org/id-info/1id-guidelines.txt

Summary of changes in this version:

o Update the references to reflect the current BCPs. Remove the
   reference to rfc2333bis, which is no longer an active work item.
   Add a references for the I-D Submission Tool and the Data Tracker.

o Rewrite of Section 3.

o Structure the choices in Section 4 to match the current BCPs.

o Provide two boilerplate options in Section 5, as approved by the
   IESG on 7 January 2010.

o Remove the discussion of grace period from Section 7. With the
   I-D Submission Tool, there is no longer a need for one.

o Include URLs that are not redirected.

o Significant editorial changes.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce