Subject: iCal Files / Subscriptions

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 15:48:17 -0800

Anyone else having trouble with the iCal subscriptions? For example, on iCal (MacOS 10.6), the following URL:
http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/77/ics/ietf-77-alto+sipcore+Technical+mptcp+p2psip+vwrap+lisp+martiniGet+Calendar+Welcome+ppsp+conex+sipclf+ecrit+IETF+HIPRG+apparea+mediactrl+codec+oauth+martini+ledbat.ics

Results in a modal dialog box "There was an error subscribing to the calendar."

On Outlook 2007, I cannot subscribe, but if I download the entries, they import, but they seem to be in Tokyo time.

Is this weirdness limited to me, or something else?

---

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 20:11:39 -0500

Hi Eric,

--On February 22, 2010 3:48:17 PM -0800 Eric Burger 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/77/ics/ietf-77-alto+sipcore+Technical+mptcp+
> p2psip+vwrap+lisp+martiniGet+Calendar+Welcome+ppsp+conex+sipclf+ecrit+IET
> F+HIPRG+apparea+mediactrl+codec+oauth+martini+ledbat.ics
>
> On Outlook 2007, I cannot subscribe, but if I download the entries, they
> import, but they seem to be in Tokyo time.
>

The file that got downloaded by my browser did indeed fail to import into 
iCal. I inspected the data in the file. The iCalendar stream is incomplete 
- it is being truncated in transit or at source. So the problem is not you!

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

---

From: Tina TSOU <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 09:34:44 +0800

I was trying, so I quitted when I see your email.

B. R.
Tina
http://tinatsou.weebly.com/contact.html

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Cyrus Daboo" <[email-masked]>
To: "Eric Burger" <[email-masked]>; "Chairs Group Working" 
<[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 9:11 AM
Subject: Re: iCal Files / Subscriptions

> iCal. I inspected the data in the file. The iCalendar stream is 
> incomplete - it is being truncated in transit or at source. So the problem 
> is not you!
>
> -- 
> Cyrus Daboo
>
>

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 02:22:58 +0100

Hi all,

On 2010-02-23 02:11 Cyrus Daboo said the following:
...
> - it is being truncated in transit or at source. So the problem is not you!

The problem was that the script generating the iCal file choked on a BOF
name which was rather unfortunate: 'ryde/irde'.  It couldn't write an iCal
file with pathname /some/path/ryde/irde.ics for some reason; kept
complaining that a directory or file didn't exist...

I put a workaround for this in place this morning (European time) and just
now also corrected the timezone information, which was still set to match
the IETF-76 location.

If you give the servers a little time, they should soon be able to generate
complete and correct .ics files.

Best,

	Henrik

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 20:35:05 -0500

> name which was rather unfortunate: 'ryde/irde'.
...
> I put a workaround for this in place this morning (European time)

And Glen also changed the BOF's name to "rydeirde", so the problem is
now doubly fixed.

Barry

---

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 20:53:19 -0500

> And Glen also changed the BOF's name to "rydeirde", so the problem is

Note to everyone: don't _ever_ start a BOF or WG with a '/' or '-' in its 
name.  You will regret it.  :-)

-- Jeffrey Hutzelman, krb-wg chair

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 10:02:31 +0100

http://xkcd.com/327/

> name.  You will regret it.  :-)

Lars

---

From: Henk Uijterwaal <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 10:14:48 +0100

>> name.  You will regret it.  :-)

ippm++ (as I did in Dublin, to discuss the future of ippm) apparently
wasn't a good choice either.

Henk

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk.uijterwaal(at)ripe.net
RIPE Network Coordination Centre          http://www.xs4all.nl/~henku
P.O.Box 10096          Singel 258         Phone: +31.20.5354414
1001 EB Amsterdam      1016 AB Amsterdam  Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands        The Netherlands    Mobile: +31.6.55861746
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public.
                                                                  H.L.Mencken

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 17:45:36 +0100

>> name.  You will regret it.  :-)

:-))

	Henrik