IETF
6lo
6lo@jabber.ietf.org
Tuesday, July 17, 2018< ^ >
dthaler has set the subject to: IETF 101 6lo WG meeting
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[17:10:35] meetecho joins the room
[17:17:15] qaohnca6 joins the room
[17:25:09] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[17:25:09] Abdur Rashid Sangi joins the room
[17:25:09] Michael Spörk joins the room
[17:25:10] Edmundo Cazarez-Lopez joins the room
[17:26:00] Rahul Jadhav joins the room
[17:30:33] Matthew Gillmore joins the room
[17:32:19] <Rahul Jadhav> I ll be your scribe for the session .. Let me know if you would like to say anything to the mic.
[17:32:33] <Rahul Jadhav> https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/102/materials/slides-102-6lo-chairs-slides-01
[17:34:00] Thomas Watteyne joins the room
[17:34:51] g.e.montenegro joins the room
[17:35:21] David Millman joins the room
[17:38:41] Leonardo Steinfeld joins the room
[17:38:54] <Rahul Jadhav> Pascal next on mic
[17:38:54] <Thomas Watteyne> which draft did Kerry talk about?
[17:39:49] <Rahul Jadhav> Kerry didnt say anything about any specific draft ... he mentioned whether this work should go in lwig .. to which Gabriel responded that there may be protocol elements that may change
[17:40:01] <Thomas Watteyne> which work?
[17:40:11] <Rahul Jadhav> fragment forwardiing
[17:40:16] <Thomas Watteyne> audio is great, I just didn't understand
[17:40:32] <Thomas Watteyne> OK, good. We will talk about this
[17:40:40] <Rahul Jadhav> (Y)
[17:40:45] <Rahul Jadhav> next in progress https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/102/materials/slides-102-6lo-rfc6775-update-00
[17:42:33] Taiji Kimura joins the room
[17:42:45] Abdussalam Baryun joins the room
[17:43:33] Benjamin Damm joins the room
[17:45:58] Taiji Kimura leaves the room
[17:47:10] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[17:54:01] Taiji Kimura joins the room
[18:00:16] Taiji Kimura leaves the room
[18:06:51] <Abdussalam Baryun> complicated I think, but is this update implemented?
[18:07:19] <Abdussalam Baryun> update
[18:07:35] <Abdussalam Baryun> the update is it implemented?
[18:07:41] <Rahul Jadhav> 6775-update is implemented ... AP-ND, pascal does nt know
[18:08:07] <Abdussalam Baryun> where?
[18:08:11] <Abdussalam Baryun> who?
[18:08:44] <Rahul Jadhav> i guess this should be better taken to ML
[18:08:56] <Abdussalam Baryun> ok
[18:09:29] <g.e.montenegro> is any of the above for the mic?
[18:09:44] <Rahul Jadhav> i have taken it to mic already
[18:10:12] <Rahul Jadhav> request for volunteers for review ..
[18:10:24] <Abdussalam Baryun> review the draft of update?
[18:10:30] <Rahul Jadhav> Yes
[18:10:41] <Abdussalam Baryun> was the request for update draft?
[18:10:58] <Rahul Jadhav> the request was for 6BBR draft
[18:11:13] <Rahul Jadhav> next in progress https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/102/materials/slides-102-6lo-ble-mesh-00
[18:11:14] <Abdussalam Baryun> ok thanks
[18:11:41] Taiji Kimura joins the room
[18:12:11] Gustavo Mercado joins the room
[18:14:46] David Millman leaves the room
[18:20:07] <Abdussalam Baryun> who speaks
[18:20:32] <Rahul Jadhav> Pascal was at the mic
[18:23:27] <Rahul Jadhav> Next https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/102/materials/slides-102-6lo-6lo-applicability-00
[18:23:58] Benjamin Damm leaves the room
[18:24:15] Michael Spörk leaves the room
[18:24:37] Benjamin Damm joins the room
[18:25:58] Benjamin Damm leaves the room
[18:26:30] Cathy Aronson joins the room
[18:26:58] <Rahul Jadhav> LTE-MTC IPv6 compression makes more sense in context to lpwan than 6lo ... hence it is removed from the document
[18:28:27] <Rahul Jadhav> Next https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/102/materials/slides-102-6lo-ipv6-over-nfc-00
[18:29:30] Edmundo Cazarez-Lopez leaves the room
[18:34:46] Edmundo Cazarez-Lopez joins the room
[18:35:00] <Rahul Jadhav> Next 6lo-over-PLC https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/102/materials/slides-102-6lo-ipv6-over-plc-00
[18:36:21] <Rahul Jadhav> address ipv6 compression on new PLC std IEEE 1901.1
[18:36:28] <Rahul Jadhav> *addresses
[18:38:28] <Rahul Jadhav> kerry on mic
[18:40:25] Matthew Gillmore leaves the room
[18:43:27] <Rahul Jadhav> Next https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/102/materials/slides-102-6lo-6lo-minimal-frag-00
[18:44:28] <Rahul Jadhav> Can you hear us Thomas?
[18:44:34] <Rahul Jadhav> we cant hear you
[18:44:41] <g.e.montenegro> meetecho
[18:44:48] <Abdussalam Baryun> no sound
[18:45:00] <Abdussalam Baryun> he needs to test it
[18:45:20] <Thomas Watteyne> can we swap the two presentation so I can rejoin
[18:45:22] <meetecho> Thomas Watteyne: could you see the volume meter below your name moving, while you were talking?
[18:46:09] Thomas Watteyne leaves the room
[18:46:10] Thomas Watteyne joins the room
[18:48:00] Thomas Watteyne leaves the room
[18:48:43] Thomas Watteyne joins the room
[18:49:44] Thomas Watteyne leaves the room
[18:49:46] Thomas Watteyne joins the room
[18:52:08] <Rahul Jadhav> Thomas back in action
[18:52:14] g.e.montenegro leaves the room
[18:52:30] g.e.montenegro joins the room
[18:53:51] <Rahul Jadhav> https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/102/materials/slides-102-6lo-6lo-minimal-frag-00
[18:54:37] Juan P. Cerezo joins the room
[18:55:17] <Abdussalam Baryun> yes
[18:55:23] <Abdussalam Baryun> adopt
[18:57:05] <Rahul Jadhav> https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/102/materials/slides-102-6lo-design-considerations-for-low-power-internet-protocols-00
[18:57:17] <Rahul Jadhav> This should be interesting!
[18:57:30] Benjamin Damm joins the room
[18:57:55] <Thomas Watteyne> thsi draft doesn't appear in https://tools.ietf.org/wg/6lo/
[18:58:41] Juan P. Cerezo leaves the room
[18:59:01] Ann Krieger joins the room
[19:00:39] <Rahul Jadhav> He says it is uploaded .. but i could not find it as well ... i had read their conf paper
[19:01:12] <Benjamin Damm> It is there
[19:01:26] <g.e.montenegro> yes, it is
[19:01:32] <Rahul Jadhav> ohk.. can you pls share the link ?
[19:01:40] <g.e.montenegro> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ayers-low-power-interop-00
[19:01:44] <Benjamin Damm> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ayers-low-power-interop-00
[19:02:50] <Rahul Jadhav> Thanks
[19:08:52] Juan P. Cerezo joins the room
[19:11:51] <Abdussalam Baryun> good draft and interesting
[19:17:58] Benjamin Damm leaves the room
[19:19:54] <Abdussalam Baryun> who speaks
[19:19:59] <Abdussalam Baryun> ????????
[19:20:21] <Thomas Watteyne> gabriel montenegro
[19:21:04] <Abdussalam Baryun> I need to get used to the voices :)
[19:21:11] <Abdussalam Baryun> thanks
[19:22:51] <Rahul Jadhav> Philip Levis on the mic
[19:23:23] <Rahul Jadhav> Samita on mic
[19:28:06] <Abdussalam Baryun> why participants don't say their name
[19:28:28] <Rahul Jadhav> Gabriel on mic again
[19:28:32] <Abdussalam Baryun> I maybe the only who does not know others:)
[19:28:34] Taiji Kimura leaves the room
[19:28:41] <Abdussalam Baryun> ok sorry
[19:28:49] <Abdussalam Baryun> and thanks
[19:31:00] <Rahul Jadhav> (Y)
[19:31:06] <Rahul Jadhav> Terry on mic
[19:32:26] <Abdussalam Baryun> good comment
[19:33:06] <Rahul Jadhav> Philip levis on mic
[19:34:47] <Abdussalam Baryun> nice comment philip
[19:34:53] <Abdussalam Baryun> thanks all
[19:35:02] Cathy Aronson leaves the room
[19:35:05] <Thomas Watteyne> @phil: http://f-interop.eu/
[19:35:06] Gustavo Mercado leaves the room
[19:35:06] Edmundo Cazarez-Lopez leaves the room
[19:35:06] Abdur Rashid Sangi leaves the room
[19:35:06] Rahul Jadhav leaves the room
[19:35:06] Thomas Watteyne leaves the room
[19:35:06] Juan P. Cerezo leaves the room
[19:35:06] Leonardo Steinfeld leaves the room
[19:35:06] Ann Krieger leaves the room
[19:35:07] Abdussalam Baryun leaves the room
[19:37:26] meetecho leaves the room
[19:41:52] qaohnca6 leaves the room
[19:52:55] g.e.montenegro leaves the room
[19:57:05] g.e.montenegro joins the room
[19:58:21] g.e.montenegro leaves the room
[20:19:53] Benjamin Damm joins the room
[20:19:57] Benjamin Damm leaves the room