IETF
alto
alto@jabber.ietf.org
Thursday, July 21, 2016< ^ >
martin.thomson has set the subject to: ALTO WG http://tools.ietf.org/wg/alto/agenda
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[03:45:40] jensenzhang joins the room
[03:50:48] <jensenzhang> Test
[05:25:29] jensenzhang leaves the room
[05:48:27] jensenzhang joins the room
[05:50:41] jensenzhang leaves the room
[07:02:52] jensenzhang joins the room
[07:28:51] jensenzhang leaves the room
[07:39:44] Kai joins the room
[07:48:31] Kai leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[07:49:06] emiapwil joins the room
[08:14:23] emiapwil leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[08:23:35] sebastian.kiesel joins the room
[08:23:49] sebastian.kiesel leaves the room
[11:30:42] Kai joins the room
[11:45:28] sebastian.kiesel joins the room
[11:45:42] <sebastian.kiesel> Hi there
[11:47:21] Meetecho joins the room
[11:55:06] Evgeniy Zhukov joins the room
[11:55:06] Sebastian Kiesel joins the room
[11:55:31] WANG HAORAN joins the room
[11:55:35] Kai Gao joins the room
[11:55:44] Wendy Roome joins the room
[11:57:43] Jensen Zhang joins the room
[11:58:03] WANG HAORAN leaves the room
[11:58:06] <Jensen Zhang> Hello :)
[12:01:52] Wendy Roome leaves the room
[12:01:53] Wendy Roome joins the room
[12:02:36] <sebastian.kiesel> I will be your jabber scribe today. If you want me something to relay to the mike please indicate to me.
[12:02:58] Sebastian Kiesel leaves the room
[12:03:01] <Wendy Roome> Thanks -- Wendy
[12:04:16] Toru Asahina joins the room
[12:04:38] Sebastian Kiesel joins the room
[12:08:07] Greg Bernstein joins the room
[12:09:07] <sebastian.kiesel> first presentation by lyle
[12:09:12] Kristopher Price joins the room
[12:09:53] Shawn Lin joins the room
[12:10:28] Kai Gao leaves the room
[12:10:36] Kai leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[12:10:49] emiapwil joins the room
[12:12:13] Kai Gao joins the room
[12:16:28] Kristopher Price leaves the room
[12:17:37] Qiao Xiang joins the room
[12:22:10] <sebastian.kiesel> richard on mike
[12:23:07] <sebastian.kiesel> andrew veitech
[12:23:31] <sebastian.kiesel> should this be done within alto?
[12:24:29] <sebastian.kiesel> jan: is in the scope of alto, move discussion to the mailing list
[12:25:00] <sebastian.kiesel> next presentation: sabine: multi cost
[12:30:21] <sebastian.kiesel> richard yang on the mike
[12:30:48] <sebastian.kiesel> sent comments after WGLC deadline, will you consider
[12:30:55] <sebastian.kiesel> vijay: all comments count
[12:33:46] <Wendy Roome> Queries are still very simple: cost vs constant. Nothing like joins.
[12:35:57] <sebastian.kiesel> wendy: should I relay that?
[12:36:10] <Wendy Roome> too late.
[12:36:56] <sebastian.kiesel> yeah. and after 30 mins we are already 10+ mins behind schedule. :( so maybe better write an email to the list
[12:38:03] Evgeniy Zhukov leaves the room
[12:38:10] <Wendy Roome> exactly! If I have an important comment, I'll tell you to present it.
[12:38:21] <sebastian.kiesel> how many people have read the CURRENT version of the draft? -> 2 showing hands
how many people have read any older version of the draft? -> 6 showing hands
[12:38:22] <Greg Bernstein> hummmmm
[12:38:47] <Greg Bernstein> hummmmm
[12:38:52] <Wendy Roome> hummmmm
[12:40:48] <sebastian.kiesel> i asume you two hummed in favor of the draft, right?
it seams that we have quite a delay between you receiving the video/audio, you typing, me reading ...  next time maybe write "hummmmmm in favor" or "hummmm against"
[12:41:07] <Wendy Roome> I hummed for.
[12:41:21] <sebastian.kiesel> thats what i relayed to the mike
[12:41:54] Mirja K├╝hlewind joins the room
[12:42:09] <sebastian.kiesel> Stefan Hommes currently presenting on ALTO for blockchain
[12:43:14] Kai Gao leaves the room
[12:43:24] Mirja K├╝hlewind leaves the room
[12:44:01] Kristopher Price joins the room
[12:46:04] Kai Gao joins the room
[12:46:06] <sebastian.kiesel> richard yang
[12:46:19] <sebastian.kiesel> this looks like bittorrent
[12:47:07] <sebastian.kiesel> do you anticipate higli distribiuted sparse nodes or many nodes in one domain?
[12:47:48] <sebastian.kiesel> stefan: there are serval blockchain networks, bitcoin should not rely on one central server
[12:48:12] <sebastian.kiesel> diego lopez
[12:48:40] <sebastian.kiesel> would be interesting you joining ledger
[12:49:50] <sebastian.kiesel> last question by myself
[12:50:44] <sebastian.kiesel> May Wang presenting
[12:57:57] Evgeniy Zhukov joins the room
[12:58:39] <sebastian.kiesel> richard yang on mike
[12:59:29] <sebastian.kiesel> what is biggest challenge?
[12:59:36] <sebastian.kiesel> why don't cdn not work
[12:59:49] <sebastian.kiesel> may: multidomain issues
[13:01:10] <sebastian.kiesel> Qin Wu presenting TE cost metrics
[13:01:54] Kristopher Price leaves the room
[13:07:14] dan joins the room
[13:07:37] <Kai Gao> Do we need some kind of style consistency in naming the metrics?
[13:08:22] <sebastian.kiesel> ingmar
[13:09:37] <sebastian.kiesel> richard
[13:11:00] <sebastian.kiesel> sabine
[13:12:21] <sebastian.kiesel> vijay: decision whether to adopt taken to the list
[13:12:50] Dan Peng joins the room
[13:13:18] <sebastian.kiesel> richard yang presenting
[13:16:17] Paul Cosgrove joins the room
[13:16:37] Kai Gao leaves the room
[13:17:02] Kai Gao joins the room
[13:21:01] Bo Yang joins the room
[13:21:59] Kai Gao leaves the room
[13:22:06] Bo Yang leaves the room
[13:22:07] Bo Yang joins the room
[13:22:47] <sebastian.kiesel> ingmar poese on the mike
[13:25:20] <sebastian.kiesel> vijay: priority is to figure out the relation between the various documents and the charter deliverable wrt. graph representation
[13:25:36] <sebastian.kiesel> May presenting cost service
[13:25:39] Kai Gao joins the room
[13:26:39] Paul Cosgrove leaves the room
[13:27:18] Paul Cosgrove joins the room
[13:29:09] <sebastian.kiesel> richard yang
[13:30:47] <Greg Bernstein> Would we consider SDN virtualization case? In that situation the routing wouldn't be given, but the client would be making path choice.
[13:31:55] <sebastian.kiesel> vijay as an individual
[13:32:43] <sebastian.kiesel> vijay moving back from the room mike to the chair's seat
[13:32:45] <sebastian.kiesel> sabine
[13:33:41] <Greg Bernstein> Should we have a problem statement and/or architecture document that enumerates these use-cases and solutions. Then separate solution drafts?
[13:36:23] <sebastian.kiesel> vijay talking as chair
[13:36:37] Toru Asahina leaves the room: Disconnected: Replaced by new connection
[13:36:37] Toru Asahina joins the room
[13:41:14] <sebastian.kiesel> lyle on mike
[13:41:51] <Wendy Roome> Jensen: I think PV is in charter. Not sure about FCS yet -- need to review it again.
[13:43:10] Bo Yang leaves the room
[13:43:33] <sebastian.kiesel> sabine
[13:44:53] <sebastian.kiesel> next presentation by myself
[13:46:49] Deniz Bahadir joins the room
[13:47:03] <Jensen Zhang> Wendy: If you can review FCS, it will be very helpful. Thanks!
[13:52:15] <Greg Bernstein> hummmmm
[13:52:23] <Wendy Roome> hummmmm
[13:52:23] <Kai Gao> hummmmm
[13:52:23] <Qiao Xiang> hummmmm
[14:00:48] Toru Asahina leaves the room
[14:01:57] <sebastian.kiesel> last presentation was by hans
[14:02:03] <sebastian.kiesel> richard on the mike
[14:04:07] <Kai Gao> I think the prefix support is discussed in some other drafts as well (unified-props and ecs-flows I think).  Maybe we should consider expanding the TypedEndpointAddr?
[14:04:19] <Wendy Roome> Sebastian -- ask is server available, and if so, what is uri? And how does ECS support address prefixes?
[14:04:54] <sebastian.kiesel> i'll ask him privately
[14:05:05] <sebastian.kiesel> while chairs are saying bye
[14:05:54] <Jensen Zhang> Bye~
[14:05:55] Meetecho leaves the room
[14:06:02] Sebastian Kiesel leaves the room
[14:06:02] Deniz Bahadir leaves the room
[14:06:02] Wendy Roome leaves the room
[14:06:02] Paul Cosgrove leaves the room
[14:06:02] Evgeniy Zhukov leaves the room
[14:06:02] Dan Peng leaves the room
[14:06:02] Shawn Lin leaves the room
[14:06:02] Jensen Zhang leaves the room
[14:06:02] Kai Gao leaves the room
[14:06:03] <sebastian.kiesel> ingmar said that this server is unfortunately not public. there is a public server at alto.benoc.berlin
[14:06:29] <sebastian.kiesel> wendy, please ask hans in a direct mail
[14:06:35] Qiao Xiang leaves the room
[14:06:41] Greg Bernstein leaves the room
[14:07:38] <sebastian.kiesel> That's all folks. Bye
[14:07:43] sebastian.kiesel leaves the room
[14:11:40] dan leaves the room
[14:13:37] dan joins the room
[14:19:53] dan leaves the room
[14:30:02] emiapwil leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[14:30:14] emiapwil joins the room
[14:32:41] dan joins the room
[14:52:09] sebastian.kiesel joins the room
[14:52:42] sebastian.kiesel leaves the room
[14:54:56] emiapwil leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[15:04:03] dan leaves the room
[15:10:44] dan joins the room
[15:11:04] dan leaves the room
[16:02:02] dan joins the room
[16:03:51] dan leaves the room