IETF
anima
anima@jabber.ietf.org
Thursday, July 23, 2015< ^ >
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[15:31:00] mcr2 joins the room
[15:37:23] Safa Almalki joins the room
[15:38:12] Michael1 Richardson joins the room
[15:39:19] <mcr2> got a still.
[15:39:31] <mcr2> no audio yet.
[15:41:51] <mcr2> audio now.
[15:42:03] <mcr2> I saw Michael.
[15:42:26] Laurent Ciavaglia joins the room
[15:42:54] <mcr2> were there cookies in this break?
[15:46:38] <mcr2> shouldn't this WG be able to bootstrap a network without touching anything?
[15:47:48] aretana joins the room
[15:48:32] <Laurent Ciavaglia> slides don't show up on meetecho...
[15:48:45] Robert Cragie joins the room
[15:48:52] <Michael1 Richardson> video is not working either.
[15:49:04] <Michael1 Richardson> I think that they aren't projecting correctly yet.
[15:49:39] <Robert Cragie> The network here is completely broken - that may have something to do with it
[15:49:39] <Laurent Ciavaglia> ok. will wait and (not) see... ;)
[15:49:58] <Michael1 Richardson> at least we can hear Max.
[15:49:59] <Robert Cragie> (I am tethering)
[15:50:00] <Laurent Ciavaglia> audio is fine.
[15:50:11] <Michael1 Richardson> and the slides should be on the meeting materials page :-)
[15:50:47] <Michael1 Richardson> we have slides. and video pointing at (empty front row) chairs.
[15:51:36] <Laurent Ciavaglia> video is working now
[15:51:40] <Laurent Ciavaglia> thanks
[15:57:51] <Michael1 Richardson> but the camera is not pointing at the speaker anyway.
[15:58:09] <mcr2> so, Brian can stand wherever he wants.
[15:58:28] <Laurent Ciavaglia> the camea is pointing towards the room. is it possible to point it to the speaker instead, please? thanks.
[15:58:48] <Robert Cragie> @Michael: Do you want that fixed (I don't think meetecho are on Jabber)
[15:59:04] <Michael1 Richardson> it would be nice to repoint the camera.
[15:59:52] <Laurent Ciavaglia> perfect. thanks.
[15:59:59] <Robert Cragie> Any better?
[16:00:47] <Robert Cragie> Apologies for delay I am on 2G network
[16:01:30] Meetecho joins the room
[16:01:38] <Michael1 Richardson> oh, so really no wifi in the room.
[16:01:44] Toerless Eckert joins the room
[16:01:55] <Toerless Eckert> sorry folks, wifi in the room was gone for a while
[16:01:56] Paolo Saviano joins the room
[16:02:13] Paolo Saviano leaves the room
[16:02:17] <Toerless Eckert> on autonomic prefix management
[16:02:21] <Toerless Eckert> slide 8
[16:03:07] <Michael1 Richardson> we need to define an IETF WG meeting Intent.
[16:03:45] Robert Cragie joins the room
[16:08:42] aretana leaves the room
[16:10:04] <Michael1 Richardson> of course, ACP can now be used to upgrade and diagnose issues with the DP hardware accel firmware....
[16:10:30] Paolo Saviano joins the room
[16:10:52] <Michael1 Richardson> mic: NAT64 (and DNS64) lets you get to the IPv4-only CA.
[16:14:03] Robert Cragie leaves the room
[16:14:12] Brian Carpenter joins the room
[16:14:54] <Brian Carpenter> Is audio working? We had a BIG network outage here
[16:15:10] <Safa Almalki> working
[16:15:39] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[16:15:48] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[16:16:20] Paolo Saviano leaves the room
[16:18:55] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[16:21:20] <Michael1 Richardson> audio worked fine the whole time; the audio stuff is hard wired.
[16:22:11] <Toerless Eckert> michael: yeah, it took me 2 days to dig myself through config one IPv4/IPv6 NAT setup in Cisco IOS, but i can confirm i could make it work ;-)
[16:24:37] <Brian Carpenter> fyi we are on https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/93/slides/slides-93-anima-6.pdf
[16:24:50] <Laurent Ciavaglia> the speaker camera is frozen... (slides and audio are ok).
[16:25:58] Luay Jalil joins the room
[16:26:12] Luay Jalil leaves the room
[16:26:36] <Meetecho> Laurent Ciavaglia: we're monitoring it and it's fine
[16:28:07] Paolo Saviano joins the room
[16:29:55] <Michael1 Richardson> mic: should "form ACP"  be an Intent, or is it implicit?  Is "connect ACP to NOC at address BLAH" an Intent?
[16:35:41] <Michael1 Richardson> http://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/supa/documents/  that's the WG he is talking about?
[16:36:15] <Laurent Ciavaglia> @Michael R.: yes
[16:36:46] <Laurent Ciavaglia> and corresponding email threads on the SUPA and ANIMA mailing list started yesterday evening
[16:36:48] <Michael1 Richardson> 1151 emails in SUPA, and not a WG yet. hmm.
[16:39:19] <Michael1 Richardson> BAR BOF today for SUPA?  has there been a BOF yet?
[16:40:03] <Laurent Ciavaglia> non-WG BoF at IETF92 and WG-forming BOF yesterday
[16:40:40] <Michael1 Richardson> thanks. I'll go watch it.
[16:50:12] <Michael1 Richardson> mic: it seems to me that this assumes that GRASP must flood/multicast things, rather than assuming that the underlying ACP can provide multicast at the IP layer.
[16:51:22] Laurent Ciavaglia leaves the room
[16:52:28] Laurent Ciavaglia joins the room
[16:53:23] <Michael1 Richardson> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-trickle-mcast/ provides multicast appropriate for an ACP, about to be RFC.
[16:55:45] Laurent Ciavaglia leaves the room
[16:56:17] Laurent Ciavaglia joins the room
[17:02:36] <Michael1 Richardson> we can hear you.
[17:02:36] <Toerless Eckert> laurent:
[17:02:40] <Toerless Eckert> ??
[17:02:45] <Brian Carpenter> laurent???
[17:02:46] <Meetecho> going to the mixer
[17:02:47] <Laurent Ciavaglia> I am online and speaking
[17:02:52] <Meetecho> we can hear you in meetecho
[17:02:57] <Michael1 Richardson> I heard you.
[17:02:57] <Brian Carpenter> silence here
[17:03:00] <Meetecho> so it's an issue in the mixer
[17:03:03] <Meetecho> we're coming :)
[17:03:27] Brian Carpenter leaves the room: offline
[17:03:40] <Meetecho> Laurent Ciavaglia: try talking for a while
[17:03:45] <Meetecho> so that we know when you're injected
[17:04:54] <mcr2> nice, my browser just crashed.
[17:05:20] Michael1 Richardson leaves the room
[17:06:11] Michael Richardson joins the room
[17:10:18] <Michael Richardson> thank you!
[17:10:30] <Laurent Ciavaglia> thank you, bye.
[17:10:35] Michael Richardson leaves the room
[17:10:37] <Lorenzo Miniero> bye Laurent!
[17:10:50] Laurent Ciavaglia leaves the room
[17:10:52] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[17:11:01] Meetecho leaves the room
[17:11:06] <Toerless Eckert> thank you laurent
[17:11:20] <Toerless Eckert> hope you can be there in person in joyohama
[17:11:26] Paolo Saviano leaves the room
[17:11:27] <Toerless Eckert> always a lot more ability to make progress
[17:11:38] <Toerless Eckert> oh, he already left. will send mail
[17:13:05] Robert Cragie leaves the room
[17:13:33] Safa Almalki leaves the room
[17:13:34] Toerless Eckert leaves the room
[23:55:47] Max Pritikin joins the room
Powered by ejabberd Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!