IETF
avtcore@jabber.ietf.org
Thursday, March 22, 2018< ^ >
Jonathan Lennox has set the subject to: IETF AVTCore Working Group
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[13:01:22] Thom Peterson joins the room
[13:16:35] meetecho joins the room
[13:18:32] 3pq3r7EN joins the room
[13:26:07] Jonathan Lennox joins the room
[13:27:50] Dan Burnett joins the room
[13:30:11] Magnus Westerlund joins the room
[13:30:54] Simon Pietro Romano joins the room
[13:31:06] hta joins the room
[13:31:14] ben joins the room
[13:31:23] craigt joins the room
[13:33:49] Bernard Aboba joins the room
[13:34:07] <Bernard Aboba> Jonathan: Agenda slides
[13:34:15] Patrick Mourot joins the room
[13:35:03] <Bernard Aboba> Published documents: no new published RFCs since last meeting.  MISSREFs continue. LRR draft held up by frame marking. Suggestion to take multi-path off of the milestones.
[13:36:32] ben leaves the room
[13:39:29] <Bernard Aboba> Multipath RTP removed from Charter?  WG will put it on back burner (drop milestone) because nobody working on it.
[13:39:51] <Bernard Aboba> Colin: Involves two pieces of work (multipath ICE + multipath RTP).
[13:39:55] Piers O'Hanlon joins the room
[13:40:11] <Bernard Aboba> Jonathan:  Will encourage people to bring pieces of complete solution to the appropriate WGs.
[13:40:37] <Bernard Aboba> Colin: multipath guidelines is stalled.  Roni resurrected it and it stalled again.  Unconvinced there is value in it.
[13:41:04] ben joins the room
[13:41:11] <Bernard Aboba> Roni:  I volunteered to do it. Editor from Huawei changed positions.  I will finish it.  But if people feel there is no real value, I don't know. We are progressing.
[13:42:21] <Bernard Aboba> framemarking:
[13:42:33] <Bernard Aboba> Comments from Mo: had comments but didn't change normative text.
[13:42:48] <Bernard Aboba> Jonathan: May require some changes in sender behavior.
[13:42:59] <Bernard Aboba> Mo: May require some clarification, but not change in normative behavior.
[13:43:43] <Bernard Aboba> Mo: Do you want to prohibit some spatial structures? As written, I-bit is per layer.
[13:44:09] <Bernard Aboba> Mo: Other issue was TL0PICIDX wrapping.
[13:44:20] <Bernard Aboba> Mo: Will add clarifying text on that.
[13:44:38] <Bernard Aboba> Mo: New IPR disclosure.  Had one before with permissive text, new disclosure is FRAND.
[13:45:56] <Bernard Aboba> See: https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3154/
[13:47:08] <Bernard Aboba> Colin Perkins on feedback mesage draft
[13:47:21] <Bernard Aboba> Summary of changes in -01.
[13:47:50] <Bernard Aboba> Specify Report Timestamp Field (RTS), clarifying behavior, editorial fixe, security considerations.
[13:48:23] <Bernard Aboba> Report Timestamp was ill-specified. -01 draft mandates a clock.
[13:48:59] <Bernard Aboba> More accurate clock than what was suggested before.
[13:49:23] <Bernard Aboba> Makes more sense than signaling different versions.
[13:49:42] <Bernard Aboba> Arrival Time Offset previously specified in ms, now in 1/1024 second unites.
[13:50:53] <Bernard Aboba> Jonathan: main concern is in comparing arrival times to sending times, but OS is probably providing timings in ms, so you'd get rounding errors.
[13:51:12] <Bernard Aboba> Colin: probably think it's unimportant for accuracies we are talking about.
[13:51:17] <Bernard Aboba> Jonathan: I probably agree.
[13:51:42] <Bernard Aboba> What if no packets received?  If you don't get any packets, don't send a report, but should send regular SR or RR.
[13:52:29] <Bernard Aboba> Alternative is to send a report with begin_seq = end_seq.  Doesn't seem worth it, though.
[13:52:38] <Bernard Aboba> What sequence number ranges to include
[13:53:15] <Bernard Aboba> ranges should not overlap and should be consecutive.
[13:59:43] Bernard Aboba leaves the room
[14:03:58] <Thom Peterson> MIC: How will this spec consider streams that may have FEC? Or should it explicitly declare it should not be present?
[14:05:39] <Magnus Westerlund> Thom, in queue
[14:07:26] <Thom Peterson> Magnus: Thank you
[14:14:36] meetecho leaves the room
[14:14:39] Simon Pietro Romano leaves the room
[14:14:39] Patrick Mourot leaves the room
[14:14:39] Dan Burnett leaves the room
[14:14:39] Piers O'Hanlon leaves the room
[14:14:52] 3pq3r7EN leaves the room
[14:15:06] <Magnus Westerlund> Moving to payload WG now.
[14:15:18] Magnus Westerlund leaves the room
[14:19:28] ben leaves the room
[14:21:34] Thom Peterson leaves the room
[14:23:01] hta leaves the room: Disconnected: Replaced by new connection
[14:23:01] hta joins the room
[14:29:56] craigt leaves the room: Disconnected: No route to host
[14:30:08] Jonathan Lennox leaves the room
[14:40:25] gryning joins the room
[15:27:43] gryning leaves the room: Disconnected: No route to host
[15:54:38] gryning joins the room
[17:55:46] gryning leaves the room: Disconnected: closed
[18:13:20] gryning joins the room
[18:35:14] gryning leaves the room
[21:07:48] hta leaves the room: Disconnected: closed