IETF
CBOR
cbor@jabber.ietf.org
Thursday, November 16, 2017< ^ >
francesca has set the subject to: CBOR @ IETF 100 Singapore - agenda: https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/100/agenda/agenda-100-cbor-01
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[03:08:38] metricamerica joins the room
[04:05:22] metricamerica leaves the room
[05:20:49] metricamerica joins the room
[05:35:40] francesca joins the room
[07:33:52] francesca leaves the room: unknown reason
[07:35:22] metricamerica leaves the room
[07:44:21] meetecho joins the room
[07:45:18] Christian Amsüss joins the room
[07:45:18] Vipul Mathur joins the room
[07:45:37] hildjj joins the room
[07:46:52] hildjj leaves the room
[07:46:56] Morton Swimmer joins the room
[07:49:08] Kaoru Maeda joins the room
[07:49:15] Dave Thaler joins the room
[07:49:39] <Dave Thaler> jabber scribe here, if anyone needs a mic relay, please prefix with "mic:"
[07:50:26] hildjj joins the room
[07:52:55] francesca joins the room
[07:55:24] m&m joins the room
[07:57:01] Kaoru Maeda leaves the room
[07:58:25] metricamerica joins the room
[07:59:25] <Dave Thaler> https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/100/materials/slides-100-cbor-chairs-slides/
[08:00:09] <Dave Thaler> anyone remote who's NOT watching on meetecho?
[08:00:37] <Dave Thaler> I'll only do detailed jabber scribing if someone needs it
[08:03:07] <Dave Thaler> next up is Carsten, slides at https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/100/materials/slides-100-cbor-slides/
[08:04:14] <Dave Thaler> meetecho, do you know if there's onsite AV support for the floor monitor that faces the speaker?
[08:06:34] <Dave Thaler> now going through CDDL slides
[08:15:06] <meetecho> Will notify the AV team
[08:15:12] <Dave Thaler> thanks
[08:18:37] <meetecho> They should be on their way (if they didn't arrive already)
[08:18:49] <meetecho> Have you tried if the monitor is simply off though? There should be a switch
[08:19:07] <francesca> we tried :) thanks
[08:19:12] <Dave Thaler> chair checked but gave up, speaker is using meetecho laptop to view their slides
[08:19:45] <Dave Thaler> slide 18 typo, second "ant =" should be "elk ="
[08:19:50] <francesca> not exactly, one additional laptop
[08:21:32] <meetecho> Ack (y)
[08:21:36] <francesca> fixed thanks!
[08:22:22] hildjj leaves the room
[08:22:37] <Dave Thaler> Joe Hildebrand at mic
[08:22:51] <Dave Thaler> (floor mic, not as chair)
[08:23:35] Kaoru Maeda joins the room
[08:24:15] <Dave Thaler> Sean Leonard at mic
[08:24:20] hildjj joins the room
[08:29:42] <Dave Thaler> Jim Schaad at mic
[08:31:55] <Dave Thaler> Henk Birkholz at mic
[08:33:41] <Dave Thaler> Sean Leonard at mic
[08:36:02] <Dave Thaler> Joe H at floor mic
[08:36:13] <Dave Thaler> Brian Carpenter at mic
[08:36:49] <hildjj> To be clear, I was pro /regex/i
[08:37:47] <Dave Thaler> Sean Leonard at mic
[08:43:38] <Dave Thaler> Jim Schaad reports from the floor about if he's using regex's "nope, too hard"
[08:43:55] <Dave Thaler> Henk B at mic
[08:46:12] <Dave Thaler> Alexey Melnikov at mic
[08:47:19] <Dave Thaler> action item: Alexey to look for regex normative reference document
[08:47:29] <Dave Thaler> Henk B at mic
[08:48:47] <Dave Thaler> Dave Robin at mic
[08:49:42] <Dave Thaler> moving on to CBOR slides
[08:53:43] <hildjj> the approach I was suggesting for declaring extensibility was roughly:
[08:53:48] <hildjj> {
  foo: uint
} .extend {
  tstr => any,
  int => text
}
[08:54:32] <hildjj> this would match: { "foo": 4, "bar": 5, 6: "hi" }
[09:04:15] <francesca> Sean Leonard at mic
[09:05:01] <francesca> Dave Thaler
[09:06:31] <francesca> Matt Miller
[09:06:42] <Dave Thaler> Sean Leonard at mic, then me at mic
[09:06:50] <Dave Thaler> Matt Miller at mic
[09:09:42] <hildjj> My code is here: https://github.com/hildjj/node-cbor/blob/master/test/implementation_matrix.js
[09:10:18] <hildjj> Line 32 says about base64: // Didn't implement because I continue to think they're not useful
[09:11:40] <Dave Thaler> now oncbor web token slides
[09:11:51] <Dave Thaler> now on Status of Tags drafts
[09:15:23] hildjj leaves the room
[09:16:19] <Dave Thaler> Joe H at floor mic
[09:18:41] <Dave Thaler> Sean L at mic
[09:23:03] <Dave Thaler> Joe H, floor mic
[09:26:16] hildjj joins the room
[09:26:48] <Dave Thaler> Alex Pelov at mic
[09:29:21] <Dave Thaler> Seal L at mic
[09:29:24] <Dave Thaler> Sean
[09:31:38] <Dave Thaler> moving on to more slides... now on Time tag
[09:32:41] Vipul Mathur leaves the room
[09:33:26] <Dave Thaler> Alexey M at mic
[09:33:53] <Dave Thaler> Sean L at mic
[09:37:12] <Dave Thaler> chairs asking if anyone wants to raise their hand for wanting to work on Time tag after chartered milestones
[09:37:27] <Dave Thaler> Alexey M at mic
[09:37:37] <Dave Thaler> 2-3 people indicated interest
[09:38:31] <Dave Thaler> lots of hands for just publish CDDL soon and not wait for more work to be done on new features
[09:41:53] metricamerica leaves the room
[09:42:01] <Dave Thaler> Sean L
[09:43:35] <Kaoru Maeda> mic: regex is good at finding something matches, however, bad at detecting something does *not* match.  Bad regex patterns might lead to a DoS.  Relying regex for validator could be risky
[09:44:43] <Dave Thaler> mic ack, relayed.
[09:45:04] <Dave Thaler> @Kaoru, Joe H asked that you also post that to the list
[09:45:11] <Kaoru Maeda> I see
[09:45:15] <Dave Thaler> Sean L at mic
[09:46:56] <Dave Thaler> Dave Robin at mic
[09:47:37] <Dave Thaler> Henk B at mic
[09:47:52] m&m leaves the room
[09:49:06] <Dave Thaler> meeting adjourned
[09:49:09] Kaoru Maeda leaves the room
[09:49:21] hildjj leaves the room
[09:49:54] <Christian Amsüss> thanks dave for your notes and pointing out the names, helped a lot when people were not in camera view
[09:50:25] meetecho leaves the room
[09:50:31] Christian Amsüss leaves the room
[09:50:31] Morton Swimmer leaves the room
[09:54:01] hildjj joins the room
[09:55:23] hildjj leaves the room
[09:59:07] metricamerica joins the room
[10:00:07] francesca leaves the room: unknown reason
[10:02:14] francesca joins the room
[10:04:23] Dave Thaler leaves the room
[10:12:49] francesca leaves the room: Connection failed: ping_timeout
[10:19:40] hildjj joins the room
[10:19:46] francesca joins the room
[10:19:53] francesca leaves the room
[10:44:53] hildjj leaves the room
[11:17:21] metricamerica leaves the room
[11:17:21] jeffpc leaves the room
[11:17:52] jeffpc joins the room
[23:32:55] jeffpc leaves the room