IETF
cdni@jabber.ietf.org
Friday, 30 March 2012< ^ >
ogud has set the subject to: "CDNI meeting will continue on Friday at 9:00"
Room Configuration

GMT+0
[06:59:40] sophie.nachman joins the room
[06:59:52] Dan York joins the room
[07:00:32] <Dan York> Good morning!
[07:03:38] <Dan York> Meeting will get started in a minute. Chairs having an issue with WebEx right now.
[07:05:50] <Dan York> Slides: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/83/slides/slides-83-cdni-4.pdf
[07:06:01] <Dan York> sophie - are you remote?
[07:06:21] <Dan York> Draft: http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-murray-cdni-triggers/
[07:06:28] <Dan York> Rob Murray presenting
[07:08:03] <Dan York> Slide 3 - CDNI Trigger Model
[07:09:32] Diego R. Lopez joins the room
[07:10:32] <Dan York> Slide 5 - Open Issue - Data References
[07:11:42] <Dan York> (seems like this mostly has to wait until metadata interface is sorted out)
[07:11:49] <Dan York> Last slide
[07:12:28] <Dan York> Question is whether this belongs in the metadata or control interface
[07:12:54] cmorgan joins the room
[07:13:11] <cmorgan> New WebEx link for remote participants: https://workgreen.webex.com/workgreen/e.php?AT=WMI&EventID=192355762&PW=f549f557585f5f&RT=MiMyMw%3D%3D
[07:14:22] <Dan York> larry peterson at mic
[07:15:39] <Dan York> dan york at mic
[07:15:45] <Dan York> matt caulfield
[07:16:00] <Dan York> matt caulfield at mic
[07:17:27] cmorgan leaves the room
[07:17:37] <Dan York> We now move into logging
[07:17:41] <Dan York> Slides: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/83/slides/slides-83-cdni-13.pdf
[07:17:49] <Dan York> Gilles Bertrand presenting
[07:18:01] <Dan York> Draft: http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bertrand-cdni-logging/
[07:18:32] <Dan York> If anyone remote wants a question relayed please preface it with "mic:"
[07:18:48] <Dan York> Slide 2 - Draft overview
[07:20:32] <Dan York> Slide 3 - Rationale for Logging
[07:21:02] <Dan York> Slide 4 - Logging Framework
[07:21:55] <Dan York> Slide 5 - Logging Architecture
[07:22:07] <Dan York> Slide 6 - Logging information elements
[07:22:27] <Dan York> Slide 7 - Logging Operations
[07:23:39] <Dan York> Slide 8 - Survey of Access Log Formats
[07:24:20] <Dan York> Last slide - Next steps
[07:25:04] Kevin J. Ma joins the room
[07:25:33] <Dan York> Martin Stiermerling at the mic
[07:25:58] <Dan York> (discussion about privacy)
[07:26:10] Rob Murray joins the room
[07:26:40] <Dan York> Ted Hardie at the mic
[07:26:41] Rob Murray leaves the room
[07:27:58] <Dan York> Next preso
[07:28:09] <Dan York> Slides: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/83/slides/slides-83-cdni-15.pdf
[07:28:32] <Dan York> Francois Le Faucheur presenting
[07:28:36] <Dan York> Slide 3
[07:28:57] <Dan York> Logs for HTTP Adaptive Streaming
[07:30:35] <Dan York> Dan York at mic
[07:30:58] <Dan York> Slide 5
[07:34:56] <Dan York> Slides 6 and 7 ... proposing various log fields
[07:36:07] <Dan York> Slide 8 - Impact on CDNI Metadata
[07:36:26] <Dan York> Last slide - Flexible Set of Log Fields
[07:37:54] <Dan York> Yunfei Zhang at mic
[07:38:05] <Dan York> (this is the question period)
[07:42:13] <Dan York> Gilles Bertrand
[07:46:53] <Dan York> Dan York at the mic
[07:46:59] <Dan York> Gilles Bertrand at the mic
[07:47:20] <Dan York> (Francois and Gilles agreeing on how to converge the two documents)
[07:48:35] <Dan York> Moving on to request routing interfaces
[07:49:03] <Dan York> Jan Seedorf presenting
[07:49:06] <Dan York> Draft: http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-spp-cdni-rr-foot-cap-semantics/
[07:49:19] <Dan York> Slides: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/83/slides/slides-83-cdni-6.pdf
[07:49:34] <Dan York> Slide 2 - Background / Goals
[07:53:12] <Dan York> Slide 5 - open issues and questions
[07:53:23] <Dan York> What service model do we want to have?
[07:53:44] <Dan York> Which relationship / business model between uCDN and dCDN?
[07:54:53] <Dan York> Jon Peterson at mic
[07:54:59] <Dan York> What is a footprint?
[07:55:07] <Dan York> What kinds of capabilities are needed?
[07:55:20] <Dan York> (Slide 6)
[07:55:56] <Dan York> Jon Peterson at mic
[07:58:05] <Dan York> Sophie Nachman at mic
[08:00:23] <Dan York> Gilles Bertrand presenting
[08:00:35] <Dan York> Slides: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/83/slides/slides-83-cdni-12.pdf
[08:01:34] <Dan York> Draft: http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bertrand-cdni-footprint-discovery/
[08:01:52] <Dan York> Slide 2
[08:01:57] <Dan York> Slide 3 - Terminology
[08:02:41] <Dan York> (stepping away for just a moment)
[08:06:32] <Dan York> Slide 6 - Additional requirements
[08:06:35] <Dan York> Jan Seedorf at mic
[08:07:09] <Dan York> Slide 7 - Survey
[08:07:57] <Dan York> Slide 8 - Survey (2/3)
[08:08:06] <Dan York> Slide 9 - Survey (3/3)
[08:08:33] <Dan York> Slide 10 - Conclusion
[08:09:34] <Dan York> Slides: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/83/slides/slides-83-cdni-16.pdf
[08:09:46] <Dan York> Stefano Previdi presenting
[08:10:10] <Dan York> Slide 2
[08:10:20] <Dan York> Slide 3 - Multiprotocol-BGP
[08:11:12] <Dan York> (interesting idea ... essentially re-using BGP for a separate context)
[08:12:07] <Dan York> Slide 4
[08:12:17] <Dan York> Slide 5 - Footprint Element
[08:13:19] <Dan York> Slide 6
[08:15:08] <Dan York> Slide 7 - Capabilities Information
[08:15:34] <Dan York> Ted Hardie at mi
[08:15:40] <Dan York> s/mi/mic/ :-)
[08:16:40] <Dan York> Martin Stiemerling at mic
[08:16:51] <Dan York> Slide 8
[08:17:58] <Dan York> Gilles Bertrand at mic
[08:22:14] <Dan York> Slide 9
[08:22:16] <Dan York> Slide 10
[08:22:18] <Dan York> Slide 11
[08:22:29] <Dan York> Next presentation - Jan Seedorf presenting
[08:22:45] <Dan York> Slides: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/83/slides/slides-83-cdni-7.pdf
[08:23:06] <Dan York> Draft: http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-seedorf-cdni-request-routing-alto/
[08:23:15] <Dan York> Slide 2
[08:23:16] <Dan York> Slide 3
[08:24:10] <Dan York> Slide 4
[08:25:03] <Dan York> Stefano Previdi at mic
[08:26:11] <Dan York> Slide 5
[08:26:49] <Dan York> Slide 6
[08:28:06] Diego R. Lopez leaves the room
[08:29:18] <Dan York> Dan York at mic
[08:29:23] <Dan York> Robert Varga at mic
[08:30:09] <Dan York> Jon Peterson at mic
[08:31:00] <Dan York> Slides: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/83/slides/slides-83-cdni-5.pdf
[08:31:33] <Dan York> Emile Stephan presenting
[08:32:04] <Dan York> Draft: http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-stephan-cdni-alto-session-ext/?include_text=1
[08:32:09] <Dan York> Slide 3
[08:32:34] <Dan York> Slide 4
[08:33:06] <Dan York> Slide 5
[08:35:32] <Dan York> Slide 6
[08:38:09] <Dan York> Slide 7
[08:38:11] <Dan York> Slide 8
[08:40:14] <Dan York> Slide 9
[08:40:25] <Dan York> Stefano Previdi at mic
[08:40:40] <Dan York> (should this info be presented to the ALTO working group?)
[08:41:54] <Dan York> ?? at mic
[08:41:59] <Dan York> Jon Peterson at mic
[08:42:14] <Dan York> Xiaoyan He presenting
[08:42:29] <Dan York> Slides: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/83/slides/slides-83-cdni-9.pdf
[08:42:32] <Dan York> Slide 2
[08:43:43] <Dan York> Slide 3
[08:44:47] <Dan York> Slide 4
[08:46:33] <Dan York> Slide 5
[08:46:35] <Dan York> Slide 6
[08:47:40] <Dan York> Jon Peterson at mic
[08:49:05] <Dan York> Francois speaking
[08:53:38] <Dan York> presentation done
[08:53:49] <Dan York> open to questions
[08:54:04] <Dan York> Enrico Marocco at mic
[08:56:04] <Dan York> John Peterson at mic
[08:56:44] <Dan York> John says we need a design team to gather the interested people and figure out key questions
[08:57:16] <Dan York> Stefano Previdi at mic
[08:58:04] <Dan York> (chairs asking Jon and Stefano to chair a design team. They agree.)
[08:58:25] <Dan York> Jan Seedorf at mic
[08:58:28] <Dan York> Jon P at mic
[08:59:46] <Dan York> Martin S. at mic
[08:59:50] <Dan York> Ted Hardie at mic
[09:00:37] <sophie.nachman> which company does Jon Peterson work at?
[09:01:22] <Dan York> Neustar
[09:02:08] <Dan York> Chairs wrapping up...
[09:02:35] <Dan York> That's all, folks!
[09:02:39] Dan York leaves the room
[09:03:07] Kevin J. Ma leaves the room
[09:12:39] sophie.nachman leaves the room