IETF
cfrg
cfrg@jabber.ietf.org
Wednesday, July 23, 2014< ^ >
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[13:39:08] metricamerica joins the room
[13:42:47] metricamerica leaves the room
[14:12:06] metricamerica joins the room
[15:31:49] metricamerica leaves the room
[16:47:46] semery joins the room
[16:50:02] Joe Hall joins the room
[16:50:35] jimsch1 joins the room
[16:52:36] Ben Kaduk joins the room
[17:00:32] <jimsch1> Slide: agenda
[17:00:32] Tom Yu joins the room
[17:00:49] metricamerica joins the room
[17:01:10] <jimsch1> Agenda change: move the Shekh-Yusef presentation to after the McGrew one
[17:01:21] wseltzer joins the room
[17:02:36] sftcd joins the room
[17:02:36] <jimsch1> Slide: Document status
[17:03:05] satoru.kanno@jabber.org joins the room
[17:04:28] <jimsch1> Slide: WOrk Items: new curves for TLS
[17:05:08] <jimsch1> Presentation: ChaCha
[17:05:20] Eric Burger joins the room
[17:05:34] <jimsch1> Slide: Agenda (#2)
[17:05:57] <jimsch1> Slide Why ChaCha20
[17:07:26] <jimsch1> Slide: Brief Overview
[17:08:15] <jimsch1> Slide Brief Over of ChACha #2
[17:08:38] <jimsch1> Slide: What have we done
[17:09:37] <jimsch1> Slide: What we've done #2
[17:10:47] <jimsch1> Slide: Changes since London
[17:11:20] <jimsch1> Slide: Questions
[17:12:59] kohei.kasamatsu130 joins the room
[17:13:06] <Eric Burger> Thanks for making people use mike!
[17:13:16] dkg joins the room
[17:13:22] <Eric Burger> Cannot hear people calling out from the audience :-(
[17:13:36] <sftcd> they were all saying "mic! name!"
[17:13:38] <jimsch1> Question is on performance of software AES vs ChaCha
[17:13:45] <Eric Burger> 😜
[17:16:51] derek joins the room
[17:16:58] gridmerge joins the room
[17:17:53] <jimsch1> Presentation: Hash based signatures
[17:18:06] gridmerge leaves the room
[17:18:08] Robert Cragie joins the room
[17:18:11] <jimsch1> Slide Normative Changes
[17:18:54] <Eric Burger> well….
[17:19:25] <Eric Burger> I want a rainbow algorithm 🌈
[17:20:31] <jimsch1> Slide: Plindromes elimate
[17:20:51] <jimsch1> Slide: OTS Algorithms
[17:21:17] <jimsch1> Slide: MTS Algorithms
[17:21:26] <jimsch1> Slide: Other Changes
[17:22:43] <jimsch1> Slide: What needs to be done
[17:23:32] <Eric Burger> mumble, mumble…
[17:24:15] <jimsch1> Just a review of what is in the NIST publication - not really relevant to the talk
[17:24:41] <derek> Thanks for the translation, jimsch1
[17:24:56] <jimsch1> Slide: Implemenation
[17:25:10] <jimsch1> Slide: Questions
[17:26:41] <jimsch1> Presentation: Challenge-Response
[17:26:49] <jimsch1> Slide: Overview
[17:27:02] <Eric Burger> I don’t see it on the materials page. Where is the presentation?
[17:27:09] <derek> Which presentation is this?  Don't see it online
[17:27:25] <jimsch1> Last presention
[17:27:27] <Ben Kaduk> Is it the JPAKE based Authentication scheme [pptx]?
[17:27:50] <Eric Burger> Looks like it (JPAKE)
[17:27:53] <Tom Yu> replace Basic/Digest for HTTP?  or some other protocol?
[17:28:06] <jimsch1> Slide: Framework
[17:28:16] <jimsch1> Presenter is Rifaat Shekh-Yusef
[17:28:22] <derek> Ah, thanks
[17:28:39] <jimsch1> Slide: Basic/Digest Schemes Issues
[17:29:11] <jimsch1> Slide: PKDFS2-JPACK
[17:29:22] <jimsch1> s/PACK/PAKE/
[17:30:37] rsalz joins the room
[17:30:44] <jimsch1> slide; Key Derivation Proposal
[17:31:09] <jimsch1> Slide: Questions
[17:32:17] <Eric Burger> Better
[17:33:12] <Eric Burger> But would not Paul’s comment mean it would be a *good* thing for a RG, not an EG?
[17:33:22] Lars joins the room
[17:33:50] <Joe Hall> Paul: "been there, done that, hated it"
[17:33:53] <Tom Yu> MIC: is the key derivation approach vulnerable to offline dictionary attack of the key-derived data?
[17:33:58] <jimsch1> Now for the ECC gutes
[17:34:05] <jimsch1> Do you still want this in tom?
[17:34:11] Sean Turner joins the room
[17:34:14] <Tom Yu> don't care too much
[17:34:31] <Sean Turner> Paul pretty much summed up my views on the PAKE wars
[17:34:39] <jimsch1> Slide: signatures and key exchanges
[17:34:50] <jimsch1> Presenter Tanja Lange
[17:34:58] <derek> Could we have lobster wars instead?  much tastier than pake, IMHO
[17:35:16] <jimsch1> Probably much more expensive
[17:36:22] <Sean Turner> but there's probably IPR on it: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1044485/
[17:36:47] <Eric Burger> @spt: Love it!
[17:36:59] <jimsch1> Slide: curves in math #2
[17:37:09] <jimsch1> Slide: Weierstrass form
[17:38:41] <jimsch1> Slide: #2 weierstrass form
[17:39:50] <jimsch1> Slide: coordinate systems for
[17:40:55] <jimsch1> Slide: Addition law
[17:42:38] <jimsch1> Slide: Other curve shapes
[17:43:35] <jimsch1> Slide: Security Analysis
[17:43:50] sftcd leaves the room
[17:44:00] sftcd joins the room
[17:45:38] <jimsch1> Slide: Slide #2: Security Anaysis
[17:46:31] <jimsch1> Slide: Attacks on DLP
[17:46:44] <Eric Burger> I just lost audio. Is that me, or are others lost, too?
[17:46:44] <jimsch1> Slide #2:attacks on DLP
[17:46:51] <Ben Kaduk> I also lost audio
[17:46:58] <Eric Burger> Digital silence.
[17:47:04] <jimsch1> We still have audio in the room
[17:47:08] <derek> yeah, lost audio.
[17:47:26] <derek> Reconnected to the source and it's okay now
[17:47:26] <jimsch1> But it happend in a different meeting the other day.  We may need a tech to fix
[17:47:48] <jimsch1> Slide: ECC security
[17:47:52] <Eric Burger> We’re back!
[17:47:55] <Eric Burger> (audio, that is)
[17:49:05] <Ben Kaduk> I think we gain the stoppage time as a delay, though?
[17:49:16] <jimsch1> Slide: Montgomery Curves
[17:49:49] <derek> lol
[17:50:02] <Eric Burger> 😷
[17:51:07] Robert Cragie leaves the room
[17:51:58] <jimsch1> Slide: Twisted Edwards Curves
[17:53:26] <jimsch1> Question time
[17:53:44] <jimsch1> Will this be on the test?
[17:53:53] <jimsch1> from the peanut gallery
[17:54:28] <jimsch1> Back to the ECC Security Slide
[17:55:55] <Sean Turner> here here
[17:56:04] <derek> Yes, thank you!!
[17:56:06] <Eric Burger> clap, clap
[17:56:19] <jimsch1> Presentor: LaMacchia
[17:56:29] <derek> Hi Brian!
[17:56:44] <jimsch1> Slide: Title Page
[17:57:06] <jimsch1> Slide: Motivation
[17:58:00] <jimsch1> Slide: Our Requirements #1
[17:58:56] <sftcd> "must work with protocol infrastructure" seems quite restrictive, must work with TLS, IPsec etc seems much more reasonable
[17:59:27] <jimsch1> Slide: Our Requirements #2
[17:59:34] kivinen joins the room
[17:59:40] <jimsch1> Sorry - still back on the previous slide -
[17:59:52] <ilari.liusvaara> Invalid curve attacks can still cause problems with even use-once keys, if the DH pubkeys are not hashed into keys. (not for mic).
[18:00:49] <jimsch1> How is the sound   - Brian is waving the mike around a lot
[18:01:09] <jimsch1> Slide - Requirements #2
[18:02:03] <jimsch1> Slide: Our EC Research
[18:02:07] <derek> sound is fine
[18:02:29] <jimsch1> Change Presenter to Craig Costello
[18:04:55] <jimsch1> Slide: Findings - Curve form pros & Cons
[18:06:14] alexey.melnikov joins the room
[18:07:59] <jimsch1> Slide: NUMS Curves
[18:10:11] <jimsch1> Slide: NUMS Benchmarks
[18:10:32] Juan-Pedro Cerezo Martin joins the room
[18:12:17] <jimsch1> Slide: Nums benchmarks: ECDHE
[18:13:21] <jimsch1> Slide: Recommendations to CFRG
[18:13:28] <jimsch1> Question from Mike Jones
[18:13:41] <jimsch1> What are the ECDSA numbers?
[18:14:35] <derek> At which security level?
[18:14:42] <Ben Kaduk> 128
[18:14:55] <derek> Does he have numbers for 192 or 256?
[18:15:02] <Ben Kaduk> "Read the paper"
[18:15:22] Olafur Gudmundsson joins the room
[18:16:02] Olafur Gudmundsson leaves the room
[18:16:07] <jimsch1> Slide: Scalar Multiplication
[18:22:03] Lars leaves the room
[18:22:07] Lars joins the room
[18:22:59] <jimsch1> Presenter: D. J. Bernstein
[18:23:16] <derek> Wow!  Dan actually showed up to an IETF?
[18:23:22] <jimsch1> He is using his machine, but hopefully no change in the presention
[18:23:30] <derek> ... and I'm missing it?!?
[18:23:34] <sftcd> @derek: of course, we're the cool kids:-)
[18:23:34] <jimsch1> Slide #1
[18:23:35] <alexey.melnikov> derek: yes!
[18:23:41] <derek> :(
[18:23:42] <Eric Burger> Cool!
[18:23:43] <derek> *snff*
[18:23:52] <Eric Burger> 😭
[18:23:53] <jimsch1> Derek - he was here for the TLS interim on Sunday as well
[18:24:21] <Eric Burger> Fails the exam!
[18:24:52] <derek> Yeah, well..  We might need to go to the hospital any day now, and I didn't want to miss that.
[18:25:21] <Eric Burger> “slide” 2?
[18:26:25] <jimsch1> Slide #2
[18:26:48] <jimsch1> Slide #3
[18:26:50] <derek> Looks more like "pages" than "slides" to me  :-)
[18:27:02] <jimsch1> We are seeing two slides/pages on the screen at the same time.
[18:27:04] <Eric Burger> yup
[18:27:47] <jimsch1> Slide: Add Defense #1
[18:28:08] <jimsch1> Slide: #4
[18:28:34] <jimsch1> Slide #4; Add Defense 3
[18:28:50] <jimsch1> Slide #4: Add Defense 4
[18:28:56] <alexey.melnikov> For people on audio: is Dan talking too quickly?
[18:29:11] <Eric Burger> Duh, but only just rivaling eke
[18:29:14] <derek> I've listened to EKR long enough to be comfortable.
[18:29:20] <Eric Burger> ^eke^ekr
[18:29:36] <derek> This is only like 0.9EKRs
[18:29:40] <Eric Burger> He’s got 30 slides with builds, so don’t ask him to slow down
[18:30:17] <jimsch1> Slide #5
[18:30:21] <alexey.melnikov> Eric Burger: you missed the WG chair discussion about "people speaking too quickly" and how this affect non native speakers
[18:30:44] <alexey.melnikov> (I am actually Ok, better than EKR ;-))
[18:30:48] <Eric Burger> If you need to blame someone, you can say I’m slow 😇
[18:31:03] <jimsch1> Slide #6 (I think)
[18:31:15] <jimsch1> Slide #7
[18:31:26] <Eric Burger> Can you say the stuff on 6 & 7 any slower?
[18:31:29] <Eric Burger> hee hee
[18:31:45] <jimsch1> Slide #8
[18:32:02] <jimsch1> Slide #9
[18:32:22] <jimsch1> Slide #9 +
[18:32:49] <jimsch1> Slide #9 ++
[18:33:08] Lars leaves the room
[18:33:10] Lars joins the room
[18:33:22] sftcd joins the room
[18:33:23] <jimsch1> Slide #10
[18:33:51] sftcd leaves the room
[18:34:05] <jimsch1> Slide #11
[18:34:43] <jimsch1> Slide #11 +
[18:35:09] <jimsch1> Slide #111++
[18:35:13] <jimsch1> s/111/11
[18:35:24] <Eric Burger> [Better than !!!]
[18:36:29] <jimsch1> Slide #12
[18:36:43] <jimsch1> Slide #12+
[18:38:14] <jimsch1> Slide #13
[18:39:04] <jimsch1> Slide #14
[18:40:59] <jimsch1> Slide #15
[18:42:45] <jimsch1> Questions
[18:45:48] alexey.melnikov leaves the room: Computer went to sleep
[18:55:37] rsalz leaves the room
[18:55:53] rsalz joins the room
[18:56:51] Lars leaves the room
[18:58:24] Joe Hall leaves the room: Away
[19:01:05] <Eric Burger> Mic, or repeat please
[19:01:21] sftcd leaves the room
[19:03:01] kivinen leaves the room
[19:04:21] Sean Turner leaves the room
[19:05:37] metricamerica leaves the room
[19:07:02] <Eric Burger> Bye!
[19:07:02] satoru.kanno@jabber.org leaves the room
[19:07:02] jimsch1 leaves the room
[19:07:11] Eric Burger leaves the room
[19:07:19] derek leaves the room
[19:07:54] semery leaves the room
[19:13:09] rsalz leaves the room
[19:13:12] kohei.kasamatsu130 leaves the room
[19:16:43] Ben Kaduk leaves the room
[19:18:22] sftcd joins the room
[19:18:43] sftcd joins the room
[19:18:44] sftcd leaves the room
[19:23:07] satoru.kanno@jabber.org joins the room
[19:23:21] wseltzer leaves the room
[19:23:38] jimsch1 joins the room
[19:23:39] jimsch1 leaves the room
[19:24:21] dkg leaves the room
[19:25:50] Sean Turner joins the room
[19:30:25] satoru.kanno@jabber.org leaves the room
[19:32:35] Joe Hall joins the room
[19:35:21] sftcd leaves the room
[19:48:57] Joe Hall leaves the room
[19:53:52] Sean Turner leaves the room
[19:56:38] Juan-Pedro Cerezo Martin leaves the room
[20:30:15] wseltzer joins the room
[20:46:14] wseltzer joins the room
[20:48:57] Tom Yu leaves the room
[20:49:00] wseltzer leaves the room
[20:51:40] rsalz joins the room
[21:07:16] rsalz leaves the room
[21:10:24] wseltzer leaves the room
[21:12:33] Joe Hall joins the room
[21:13:53] Joe Hall leaves the room
[21:17:12] wseltzer joins the room
[21:20:35] Sean Turner joins the room
[21:21:44] Sean Turner leaves the room
[21:58:59] rgb joins the room
[21:59:18] rgb leaves the room
[22:41:58] ilari.liusvaara leaves the room: offline
[23:49:26] wseltzer leaves the room
Powered by ejabberd Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!