IETF
core@jabber.ietf.org
Friday, 30 March 2012< ^ >
stpeter has set the subject to: CORE WG | minutes at http://tools.ietf.org/wg/core/minutes | slides at https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/82/materials.html#wg-core
Room Configuration

GMT+0
[06:47:51] Tobia Castaldi joins the room
[06:48:34] Meetecho Audio joins the room
[06:49:29] ws4d joins the room
[06:53:49] olafbergmann joins the room
[06:56:38] EskoDijk joins the room
[06:58:49] Kepeng joins the room
[06:59:53] Cullen Jennings joins the room
[07:01:05] barryleiba joins the room
[07:01:22] stpeter joins the room
[07:02:02] sgerdes joins the room
[07:02:31] sarikaya2012 joins the room
[07:02:37] stpeter has set the subject to: CORE WG | minutes at http://tools.ietf.org/wg/core/minutes | slides at https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/83/materials.html#wg-core
[07:02:45] Dan York joins the room
[07:03:52] tsuichi joins the room
[07:05:14] caozhenpku joins the room
[07:05:31] caozhenpku leaves the room
[07:05:36] zcao joins the room
[07:07:34] sftcd joins the room
[07:09:11] mhp joins the room
[07:10:13] <ws4d> currentlongoing discussion about ticket 204
[07:10:30] <stpeter> :)
[07:12:07] <ws4d> DNA slides
[07:12:36] sftcd leaves the room
[07:13:10] sftcd1 joins the room
[07:14:24] yuichi.igarashi@gmail.com joins the room
[07:14:34] <ws4d> anybody here on jabber who is not in meetecho?
[07:15:05] tsavo_work@jabber.org/Meebo joins the room
[07:15:07] <mhp> me - I'm not in meetecho
[07:15:12] <ws4d> http://www.meetecho.com/ietf83/core
[07:15:27] cabo joins the room
[07:15:52] <ws4d> slide 'CoAP Autoconfiguration'
[07:17:55] <ws4d> 86
[07:18:46] Dominik Elsbroek joins the room
[07:18:55] Teemu Savolainen joins the room
[07:19:57] guest1 joins the room
[07:21:07] <ws4d> 87
[07:23:10] <ws4d> 88
[07:23:11] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide : Security
[07:23:31] <sftcd1> seems very like homenet's problems here
[07:23:59] Daisuke Takita joins the room
[07:26:15] <ws4d> slide 89
[07:26:23] <Tobia Castaldi> Points of Discussion
[07:28:33] <EskoDijk> Are these issues indeed considered in the HomeNet WG?
[07:28:40] sujing joins the room
[07:29:08] <EskoDijk> Should/can we use same approaches as HOmeNet or not?
[07:29:11] <sftcd1> not quite the same but similar homenet need something to know if a router is part of the home or not
[07:29:16] barryleiba leaves the room
[07:29:24] <mhp> homenet are talking about bootstrapping config and security with minimal human intervention
[07:29:36] <mhp> some overlap of ideas - not sure about overlap of protocols!
[07:29:50] <EskoDijk> same problem here, but in Core it's also constrained nodes. (different protocols?)
[07:30:55] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[07:31:13] barryleiba joins the room
[07:33:42] <Lorenzo Miniero> FYI, a Meetecho session with integrated jabber room, slides and audio+video is available for remote attendees http://www.meetecho.com/ietf83/core
[07:34:07] <Lorenzo Miniero> if you're already in with your jabber client, don't forget to use a different display name of course
[07:34:22] Guido joins the room
[07:34:43] barryleiba leaves the room
[07:35:04] Guido leaves the room
[07:36:05] <cabo> *** If you want your jabber comment to be taken to the microphone, prefix it with MIC:
[07:38:34] barryleiba joins the room
[07:41:12] <ws4d> Jari speaking, slides not in the deck
[07:42:28] <sftcd1> The draft is http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-farrell-decade-ni-01
[07:43:24] <ws4d> beamer not working, geeks are working on a fix
[07:43:30] <sftcd1> I think that was basically all that was in that slide deck:-)
[07:43:52] <ws4d> geeks are sucedssful
[07:44:08] <ws4d> successful
[07:44:42] <ws4d> sorry, its Ari, not Jari
[07:44:58] yuichi.igarashi@gmail.com leaves the room
[07:45:29] <ws4d> Peter 'CoAP Utilization for Building Control'
[07:45:54] <ws4d> now back in the slide deck
[07:47:14] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide Title: Service Discovery, why
[07:47:27] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide Title: What Objects Must We Name/Resolve/Discov
[07:48:11] <ws4d> zach at the mic
[07:49:19] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide : Service Discovery, device
[07:51:12] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 94: Service Discovery, group
[07:52:49] Cullen Jennings leaves the room
[07:53:08] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide : Service Discovery, group
[07:53:27] Ari joins the room
[07:53:40] <Tobia Castaldi> (Slide 96)
[07:54:01] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 97: Service Discovery, group
[07:55:46] <ws4d> that was eric at the mic
[07:57:50] Daisuke Takita leaves the room
[08:02:11] Johannes Gilger joins the room
[08:02:41] <ws4d> Carsten at mic (as individual)
[08:06:35] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 89: 83rd IETF: core WG Agenda
[08:07:43] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 90: Group 5: “sleepy”
[08:07:58] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 91: CoRE objectives
[08:08:27] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 92: Why sleep?
[08:09:57] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 93: Sleeping modes
[08:10:19] <cabo> (102, actually)
[08:10:25] <Johannes Gilger> I just got here, is there a link to the Smart Object Security Workshop slides?
[08:10:35] <cabo> Yes. mom
[08:10:50] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 94: Current state
[08:11:47] <cabo> Johannes Gilger: – http://www.tschofenig.priv.at/sos-papers/PositionPapers.htm
[08:11:59] <ws4d> slide 103, Tobia: you have a different deck?
[08:12:25] <mhp> I think the deck changed over night - I'm on 103 now too
[08:12:26] sftcd joins the room
[08:12:36] sftcd1 leaves the room
[08:12:37] <Johannes Gilger> cabo: Actually I was talking about the slides presented today, the summary of the SOSW by Hannes, which was supposed to be in the friday slot
[08:12:47] <cabo> That didn't happen yet
[08:12:47] Cullen Jennings joins the room
[08:12:56] <Johannes Gilger> ah, ok
[08:12:57] <Tobia Castaldi> yes... you are right
[08:13:13] <Lorenzo Miniero> the deck changed 10 times this week...
[08:13:26] <Tobia Castaldi> :)
[08:13:31] <cabo> 12 times.
[08:13:36] <Lorenzo Miniero> ;)
[08:13:47] <Lorenzo Miniero> I missed a couple then!
[08:13:48] <Cullen Jennings> may change again before end of meeting :-)
[08:14:08] bpjab1 joins the room
[08:14:16] <Lorenzo Miniero> it's alive!!
[08:16:43] <guest1> Let's add this session as a worst case example for the RPS document ;-)
[08:22:45] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 104: Conclusion
[08:23:40] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 105: Goals
[08:24:38] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 106: Concepts
[08:25:48] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 107: Mirror Proxy discovery
[08:26:10] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 108: Registration
[08:26:45] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 109: Resource tree
[08:27:28] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 110: Resource discovery for clients
[08:28:22] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 110: Update mirrored resource
[08:29:01] guest1 leaves the room
[08:29:13] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 112 Writable resources
[08:30:09] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 113: Conclusion
[08:31:54] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 120: Act on published resource (forward scenario)
[08:32:51] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 136: w ne 9 do -0 elling mirroring as e Mod b
[08:39:06] sftcd leaves the room
[08:40:15] Cullen Jennings leaves the room
[08:40:33] Cullen Jennings joins the room
[08:40:40] Tobia Castaldi leaves the room
[08:41:31] <ws4d> slide 140
[08:41:58] <ws4d> Best Practices
[08:42:22] <ws4d> 141
[08:43:06] <ws4d> 142
[08:43:25] <ws4d> 143
[08:43:49] <ws4d> 144
[08:43:58] <ws4d> 'Next Steps'
[08:46:04] <ws4d> 145
[08:46:34] Tobia Castaldi joins the room
[08:50:55] tsavo_work@jabber.org/Meebo leaves the room
[08:54:22] barryleiba leaves the room
[08:54:53] Teemu Savolainen leaves the room
[08:57:46] bpjab1 leaves the room
[08:57:52] Dominik Elsbroek leaves the room
[08:58:19] zcao leaves the room
[08:58:49] <ws4d> skipping patience options
[08:59:34] olafbergmann leaves the room
[08:59:35] <ws4d> end
[08:59:42] ws4d leaves the room
[08:59:51] Tobia Castaldi leaves the room
[09:00:07] Ari leaves the room
[09:00:07] tsuichi leaves the room
[09:00:10] sgerdes leaves the room
[09:00:26] Dan York leaves the room
[09:00:40] EskoDijk leaves the room
[09:00:40] Kepeng leaves the room
[09:00:44] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[09:00:45] Johannes Gilger leaves the room
[09:01:06] Meetecho Audio leaves the room
[09:01:20] tsuichi joins the room
[09:02:07] cabo leaves the room
[09:02:37] tsuichi leaves the room
[09:02:42] mhp leaves the room
[09:05:28] Jojo joins the room
[09:06:00] <Jojo> now, when was the Smart Object Security Workshop discussed within any CoRE meeting?
[09:06:04] <Jojo> or when will it be?
[09:09:42] sarikaya2012 leaves the room
[09:10:37] sujing leaves the room
[09:10:38] sujing joins the room
[09:14:23] Dominik Elsbroek joins the room
[09:18:29] stpeter leaves the room
[09:22:35] sftcd joins the room
[09:22:58] sftcd leaves the room
[09:27:05] cabo joins the room
[09:27:12] tsuichi joins the room
[09:28:44] Jojo leaves the room
[09:48:24] cabo leaves the room
[09:54:56] sarikaya2012 joins the room
[09:58:25] sarikaya2012 leaves the room
[10:03:24] tsuichi leaves the room
[10:18:57] Dominik Elsbroek leaves the room
[10:26:56] tsuichi joins the room
[10:30:40] tsuichi leaves the room
[10:42:10] Dominik Elsbroek joins the room
[10:50:12] cabo joins the room
[11:15:14] Ari joins the room
[11:22:25] Ari leaves the room
[11:22:55] cabo leaves the room
[11:32:01] Dominik Elsbroek leaves the room
[11:33:26] sujing leaves the room
[11:38:22] Dominik Elsbroek joins the room
[11:47:16] cabo joins the room
[11:50:05] Dominik Elsbroek leaves the room
[11:53:19] Ari joins the room
[11:56:28] Dominik Elsbroek joins the room
[11:56:56] Dominik Elsbroek leaves the room
[11:57:02] Ari leaves the room
[11:58:02] Dominik Elsbroek joins the room
[12:03:43] Dominik Elsbroek leaves the room
[12:03:44] Dominik Elsbroek joins the room
[12:33:35] Dominik Elsbroek leaves the room
[12:44:44] Dominik Elsbroek joins the room
[12:44:44] Cullen Jennings leaves the room
[12:54:07] cabo leaves the room
[12:54:18] cabo joins the room
[12:55:23] Dominik Elsbroek leaves the room
[12:56:37] cabo leaves the room
[13:18:29] Ari joins the room
[13:38:38] Ari leaves the room
[16:27:02] Dominik Elsbroek joins the room
[16:43:11] Dominik Elsbroek leaves the room