IETF
cose@jabber.ietf.org
Monday, April 4, 2016< ^ >
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[16:11:24] J.C. Jones joins the room
[18:40:38] Meetecho joins the room
[18:45:20] jimsch joins the room
[18:46:04] Justin Richer joins the room
[18:46:14] <Justin Richer> Hi everyone
[18:46:48] Justin Richer leaves the room
[18:47:01] Justin Richer joins the room
[18:49:57] Justin Richer leaves the room
[18:51:03] Justin Richer joins the room
[18:51:19] Yoav Nir joins the room
[18:51:21] <Justin Richer> Meetecho is completely broken, I can't get anything to load there
[18:51:38] Yoav Nir has set the subject to: IETF 95 - COSE Meeting
[18:52:26] Ludwig Seitz joins the room
[18:52:32] <Meetecho> Justin Richer: what do you mean? everything should be up and running
[18:52:49] <Yoav Nir> I will be the jabber scribe . If you want something channeled to the room mic, prefix with "mic:"
[18:52:50] Derek Atkins joins the room
[18:52:57] <Justin Richer> I go to this URL as linked from the agenda page: https://quebrachob.conf.meetecho.com/q-meetecho/login.jsp?ietf=cose
[18:53:09] <Ludwig Seitz> Meetecho seems to work
[18:53:10] <Justin Richer> I log in, but am pushed to a page asking me to select a working group
[18:53:18] <Justin Richer> I do so, and am asked to log in again
[18:53:22] <Justin Richer> repeat ad nauseum
[18:53:34] <Meetecho> that's weird: have you tried restarting the browser?
[18:53:36] <Justin Richer> In the middle I got a NullPointerException and stack trace from the server, too
[18:53:36] Yoav Nir has set the subject to: IETF 95 - COSE Meeting - https://tools.ietf.org/wg/cose/agenda?item=agenda-95-cose.html
[18:53:45] <Justin Richer> I agree that's weird.
[18:53:53] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[18:54:07] <Meetecho> Justin Richer: just tried myself and it seems fine
[18:54:16] <Derek Atkins> MeetEcho Audio is working.
[18:54:20] <Meetecho> try either restarting your browser or changing it (e.g., chrome instead of firefox or videversa)
[18:54:39] <Yoav Nir> https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/95/slides/slides-95-cose-2.pdf
[18:54:43] Justin Richer's Ghost joins the room
[18:54:54] <Yoav Nir> slide #2
[18:55:23] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[18:55:50] Aman Sharma joins the room
[18:56:17] <Yoav Nir> For those who have recently joined in: I will be the jabber scribe . If you want something channeled to the room mic, prefix with "mic:"
[18:56:51] <Yoav Nir> page #3
[18:57:05] <Yoav Nir> Sorry. slide #3.
[18:57:22] <Yoav Nir> It's just that the slide says "page 3"
[18:58:01] sftcd joins the room
[18:58:51] <Yoav Nir> Jim S at the mic, arguing that this is not in scope.
[18:59:04] <Yoav Nir> Perhaps to ACE
[18:59:30] <Yoav Nir> Slide #4
[18:59:34] Carsten Bormann joins the room
[19:00:26] <Yoav Nir> Last slide - we didn't get ot see it
[19:00:44] Erik Wahlström joins the room
[19:00:52] <Yoav Nir> Jim Schaad presenting https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/95/slides/slides-95-cose-0.pdf
[19:01:00] <Ludwig Seitz> What's the point of making him stand then?
[19:01:47] <Yoav Nir> Slide: Issue: De ne a key parameter for IV
[19:02:11] <Yoav Nir> Oh, that's interesting typography.  I just cut and pasted
[19:02:24] <Yoav Nir> Slide: Issue: Define a key parameter for IV
[19:02:33] Aman Sharma leaves the room
[19:05:22] <Justin Richer's Ghost> mic: it's important for COSE to have an appropriate structure to allow for these different use cases, but doesn't need to cover all those use cases directly.
[19:05:54] <Yoav Nir> I'm in line
[19:07:09] <Yoav Nir> Slide: Issue: COSE Padding for Encryption
[19:07:18] <Justin Richer's Ghost> Thank you Yoav
[19:08:56] <Yoav Nir> Jim asked if we have to deal with it here - room is silent
[19:08:56] <Yoav Nir> Slide: Issue: Publicly Visible Specifications Required
[19:13:27] <Yoav Nir> Sean explaining registries
[19:13:51] <Yoav Nir> Jim suggests making the algorithm registry much tighter
[19:16:15] <Yoav Nir> Slide: Issue: Remove “operation time”
[19:21:43] <Justin Richer's Ghost> mic: (from floor) given the types of things people are trying to solve with this, this should be a token-layer item. If it's at the cryptographic envelope layer it belongs in COSE.
[19:22:12] richsalz joins the room
[19:22:42] Adam Montville joins the room
[19:23:41] <Ludwig Seitz> Keep
[19:23:53] <Ludwig Seitz> Mic: Keep
[19:26:01] Julien Vermillard joins the room
[19:27:16] <Ludwig Seitz> Not totally essential, good to have
[19:27:33] <Justin Richer's Ghost> I'm personally hearing a lot of "wouldn't it be nice if we had this"
[19:27:51] <Yoav Nir> Slide: Issue: Add ECDH and EdDSA for Curve25519
[19:29:43] Julien Vermillard leaves the room
[19:29:46] hildjj joins the room
[19:29:59] <Yoav Nir> Mike Jones (Microsoft) at the mic
[19:30:22] <Justin Richer's Ghost> The chairs are watching JOSE.
[19:30:27] <Yoav Nir> Slide: Issue: Make “alg” field optional
[19:34:15] <Justin Richer's Ghost> but COSE is a container and doesn't have a "Set up phase" that's in band
[19:35:08] hildjj leaves the room
[19:35:09] <Justin Richer's Ghost> mic: security consideration is that the algorithm MUST be known by the decoding application, whether it's in the message or known out of band.
[19:35:56] hildjj joins the room
[19:36:39] <Justin Richer's Ghost> either keep appendix A or fold it into the security considerations
[19:37:15] Stefan Santesson joins the room
[19:39:08] Justin Richer's Ghost leaves the room
[19:39:19] Justin Richer leaves the room
[19:40:32] <Yoav Nir> Slide: Issue: Define ‘bstr’ Counter Signature
[19:40:43] Adam Montville leaves the room
[19:41:48] Carles Gomez joins the room
[19:41:50] Justin Richer joins the room
[19:42:37] Justin Richer's Ghost joins the room
[19:44:22] <hildjj> is there a way to achieve this style of counter signature with a composition of existing features?
[19:44:36] <hildjj> not at the mic, because i haven't been following the work.
[19:45:05] <Ludwig Seitz> Yes but with more overhead. The goal here is to save wire space
[19:45:39] <hildjj> how much wire space are you saving?  enough to really matter?  is this something that could be done in an extension later?
[19:45:56] <Carsten Bormann> Francesca just said 5 to 9 bytes.
[19:46:02] <Carsten Bormann> That makes this one a no-brainer to me...
[19:46:32] <hildjj> saving 5-9 bytes is worth it to you, you mean?
[19:50:45] <Derek Atkins> For firmware delivery I'm not certain we would actually need a counter signature, per se
[19:51:07] <Derek Atkins> On the other hand, for firmware delivery, the firmware size is going to WAY overshadow any COSE overhead.
[19:51:55] Adam Montville joins the room
[19:52:11] Justin Richer leaves the room
[19:52:24] Justin Richer's Ghost leaves the room
[19:55:57] Adam Montville leaves the room
[19:56:28] Carles Gomez leaves the room
[19:56:53] sftcd joins the room
[19:57:08] sftcd leaves the room
[19:57:38] sftcd leaves the room
[19:57:50] <Yoav Nir> Yaron Sheffer at the mic
[20:02:07] <Ludwig Seitz> Yoav thanks for scribing
[20:02:16] <Yoav Nir> --- And we're done
[20:02:21] Stefan Santesson leaves the room
[20:02:27] Yoav Nir leaves the room
[20:03:24] Ludwig Seitz leaves the room
[20:03:49] Erik Wahlström leaves the room
[20:03:54] Derek Atkins leaves the room
[20:04:03] richsalz leaves the room
[20:04:38] hildjj leaves the room
[20:05:59] Carsten Bormann leaves the room
[20:06:25] jimsch leaves the room
[20:09:36] richsalz joins the room
[20:09:41] hildjj joins the room
[20:14:02] hildjj leaves the room
[20:24:46] richsalz leaves the room
[20:26:49] J.C. Jones leaves the room
[20:32:48] Meetecho leaves the room
[20:42:10] Stefan Santesson joins the room
[20:45:54] Carsten Bormann joins the room
[20:48:27] Carsten Bormann leaves the room
[22:34:03] Stefan Santesson leaves the room
Powered by ejabberd - robust, scalable and extensible XMPP server Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!