IETF
dhc
dhc@jabber.ietf.org
Thursday, 29 March 2012< ^ >
Chris Donley has set the subject to: DHC IETF'82
Room Configuration

GMT+0
[05:12:09] pjhingra@cisco.com joins the room
[05:12:41] pjhingra@cisco.com leaves the room
[06:43:43] dtaht joins the room
[07:01:24] kshu joins the room
[07:01:40] shane_kerr joins the room
[07:02:01] fdupont joins the room
[07:02:31] <shane_kerr> /topic DHC IETF 83
[07:02:44] <shane_kerr> Hm... okay that didn't work. I'll be jabber scribing today.
[07:02:51] <shane_kerr> We're starting the session now.
[07:03:42] Stephen joins the room
[07:04:00] <shane_kerr> We finished agenda bashing without any comment.
[07:04:11] <shane_kerr> Going over administrivia now.
[07:04:36] <shane_kerr> If you want me to convey a message to the room, please let me know and I'll bring it to the microphone.
[07:12:40] <shane_kerr> Administrivia done, moving on to DHCPv6 Failover Update from Tomek.
[07:13:23] satoru.matsushima joins the room
[07:14:17] Ole Troan joins the room
[07:17:26] Ole Troan leaves the room
[07:21:27] Stephen leaves the room
[07:25:10] dtaht grumbles without audio
[07:26:21] dtaht fixes audio
[07:26:59] Stephen joins the room
[07:27:54] fdupont has set the subject to: DHC IETF'83
[07:28:20] <shane_kerr> About 20 hands raised for interest.
[07:28:23] <shane_kerr> No hands against.
[07:28:36] <fdupont> Tried to set the topic...
[07:28:52] <fdupont> But a question from Ralph...
[07:31:21] <shane_kerr> Tomek presents DHCPv6 suboptions draft.
[07:33:13] <shane_kerr> Experiencing technical difficulties finding latest slide for this presentation, but you in Jabberland can't see it in any case.
[07:35:10] dtaht was wondering if the concept of 'provisioning info' was anywhere in any dhcp draft (uplink/downlink speeds)
[07:36:38] pjhingra@cisco.com joins the room
[07:37:13] <shane_kerr> dtaht, useful for bandwidth shaping for example?
[07:37:16] <shane_kerr> I don't know of any.
[07:37:27] <shane_kerr> Hands for open-exclude-option now: 5
[07:37:45] <shane_kerr> Hands against option-exclude-option now: 5
[07:37:47] <dtaht> there is a legal contract saying 'customer is buying 20Mbit down/4Mbit up'
[07:37:58] pjhingra@cisco.com leaves the room
[07:38:02] <dtaht> finding a way to express that to downstream devices would help, a lot.
[07:38:12] <dtaht> in either a dhcp or upnp message
[07:38:57] <dtaht> so I wouldn't say it's useful for 'bandwidth shaping' directly, but useful for setting buffer sizes and aqm models.
[07:40:17] <shane_kerr> Sheng Chian presents secure DHCPv6 draft
[07:40:28] dtaht waits for link...
[07:40:28] <shane_kerr> Sheng Jiang
[07:44:27] <shane_kerr> Sheng now presending dhc-addr-registration.
[07:44:51] <shane_kerr> (Registering host-generated addresses in DHCP)
[07:55:46] <shane_kerr> Schwetha Bhandari presents DHCPv6 class-based prefix
[08:05:53] Ralph Droms joins the room
[08:06:44] <shane_kerr> Agenda changing,
[08:07:03] <shane_kerr> Moving 3GPP presentation up.
[08:07:17] <shane_kerr> DHCP Options for 3GPP Service now presented by Liu Goyan
[08:07:32] <shane_kerr> Oh wait, Yangwei Tu.
[08:21:21] arifumi joins the room
[08:23:58] <shane_kerr> Schwetha presents DHCPv6 hardware address option
[08:29:57] satoru.matsushima leaves the room
[08:32:00] Stephen leaves the room
[08:32:05] dtaht leaves the room
[08:34:06] timc joins the room
[08:34:21] <shane_kerr> We're voting.
[08:34:33] <shane_kerr> 15 people want to working group to do this work.
[08:34:42] <timc> which draft are we on?
[08:34:52] <shane_kerr> Nobody is opposed. So client hardware ID will be brought to w.g. for adoption.
[08:35:02] <shane_kerr> It was "Schwetha presents DHCPv6 hardware address option"
[08:35:12] <timc> thanks
[08:35:26] <shane_kerr> Now Schwetha is presenting "DHCP Client ID Option"
[08:36:52] Stephen joins the room
[08:37:31] <shane_kerr> Voting for last call.
[08:37:40] <shane_kerr> 4 hands think it is ready for last call.
[08:37:45] <shane_kerr> Nobody opposes that idea.
[08:37:51] <shane_kerr> Will go to mailing list.
[08:38:07] <shane_kerr> Security option extensions for DHCPv4 Yang Cui
[08:38:13] <shane_kerr> Presenation starting.
[08:38:17] <shane_kerr> Presentation even
[08:39:00] <shane_kerr> We are experiencing technical difficulties. Please stand by.
[08:40:50] <shane_kerr> All fixed!
[08:41:21] Stephen leaves the room
[08:41:29] Stephen joins the room
[08:48:44] satoru.matsushima joins the room
[08:49:34] <shane_kerr> Voting!
[08:49:54] <shane_kerr> Oh wait. Not quite yet.
[08:52:04] <shane_kerr> Auth Option for DHCPv6 Relay Agents Leaf Yeh
[08:52:13] <shane_kerr> Next presentation is starting.
[08:53:13] Stephen leaves the room
[08:55:03] Stephen joins the room
[08:56:21] <timc> so the agenda is way behind schedule?
[08:56:35] <shane_kerr> WAY behind schedule.
[08:56:58] <timc> i may well stay in mboned then as I was on next to last :p
[08:59:40] <shane_kerr> Voting to see if people think the working group should solve the problem.
[08:59:49] <shane_kerr> 10 to 0 in favor of adopting, will go to mailing list
[09:00:47] <shane_kerr> Ted presenting RFC3315/RFC3633 errata for RFC6204bis
[09:01:42] <shane_kerr> No wait, Updating 3313/3633.
[09:01:48] <Ralph Droms> Please volunteer to help Ted with this task.
[09:02:12] timc leaves the room
[09:02:30] <Ralph Droms> (Bernie said) What about advancing to Internet Standard
[09:02:35] <shane_kerr> Bernie Volz persenting multiple stateful DHCPv6 option issues
[09:02:46] <Ralph Droms> I think advancement would be a good goal to consider.
[09:03:40] <Ralph Droms> The merged doc is a good candidate as I think the PS docs are of good enough quality that a major rewrite won't be needed.
[09:09:14] satoru.matsushima leaves the room
[09:13:06] <shane_kerr> Everybody thinks this is a good topic for the working group, will go to list.
[09:13:43] <shane_kerr> Active lease query draft will not be presented.
[09:13:49] Suz joins the room
[09:13:59] <shane_kerr> Chairs are getting agitated because we have so little time left. ;)
[09:14:22] <shane_kerr> Presentation about DHCPv4 over IPv6 Transport draft Peng Wu
[09:14:42] Ralph Droms leaves the room
[09:19:30] fdupont leaves the room: Computer went to sleep
[09:20:58] <shane_kerr> DNS Reverse Tree for Delegated Prefixes Ted Lemon presentation starting
[09:22:31] fdupont joins the room
[09:23:43] <fdupont> has someone caught the name of the Microsoft guy who ask clarification about multiple addresses/tunnels but didn't get an answer because of the lack of time?
[09:26:29] <shane_kerr> Lots of people voting for this work.
[09:26:52] <shane_kerr> Last presentation, Source Address Selection Option Tim Chown
[09:30:27] <shane_kerr> Going a bit over time, not surprising.
[09:30:44] Stephen leaves the room
[09:31:32] <shane_kerr> We're done!
[09:31:34] <shane_kerr> Bye all.
[09:31:38] kshu leaves the room: offline
[09:32:01] shane_kerr leaves the room
[09:33:29] fdupont leaves the room: Computer went to sleep
[09:47:58] Ralph Droms joins the room
[09:53:14] arifumi leaves the room
[10:02:14] Ralph Droms leaves the room
[10:17:28] dtaht joins the room
[10:31:29] dtaht leaves the room
[10:55:58] timc joins the room
[10:56:05] timc leaves the room
[11:13:09] Ralph Droms joins the room
[11:15:15] Ralph Droms leaves the room
[11:42:49] arifumi joins the room
[12:33:09] arifumi leaves the room
[13:31:43] Ralph Droms joins the room
[13:33:17] Ralph Droms leaves the room
[15:43:03] dtaht joins the room
[19:33:12] dtaht leaves the room