IETF
dice
dice@jabber.ietf.org
Tuesday, July 22, 2014< ^ >
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[16:48:16] meetecho video joins the room
[16:49:29] meetecho slides joins the room
[17:02:27] kohei.kasamatsu130 joins the room
[17:02:50] Paolo Saviano joins the room
[17:02:54] satoru.kanno@jabber.org joins the room
[17:04:50] skumar joins the room
[17:06:03] mcharlesr joins the room
[17:06:18] <mcharlesr> I am the jabber scribe.  There is also meetecho, but if you want something relayed, use mic:
[17:06:27] sftcd joins the room
[17:06:27] metricamerica joins the room
[17:07:17] Robert Cragie joins the room
[17:09:24] Suhas Nandakumar joins the room
[17:10:12] Robert Cragie_6960 joins the room
[17:10:26] Robert Cragie leaves the room
[17:13:26] Suhas Nandakumar leaves the room
[17:14:45] <mcharlesr> slide: Document Scope
[17:14:51] <mcharlesr> (no slide numbers, sorry)
[17:15:11] <mcharlesr> draft-ietf-dice-profile-03 is what we are at.
[17:15:18] <mcharlesr> https://tools.ietf.org/agenda/90/slides/slides-90-dice-1.pdf
[17:16:04] <mcharlesr> was Sean Turner. then Peter Thatcher.
[17:16:12] <mcharlesr> slide: Topics for Investigation.
[17:16:39] Simon Romano joins the room
[17:17:17] <mcharlesr> EKR at mic.
[17:19:11] alessandro amirante joins the room
[17:20:25] <mcharlesr> Rene at mic.
[17:24:05] kohei.kasamatsu130 leaves the room
[17:24:07] <mcharlesr> discussion about tls 1.2 vs profiling 1.3 from EKR.
[17:24:18] <mcharlesr> Mike St.Johns at mic.
[17:26:12] <Robert Cragie_6960> I'll review as well
[17:26:44] <mcharlesr> slide: Moving Group Security Forward.
[17:27:22] Sean Turner joins the room
[17:28:26] Sudhir Pendse joins the room
[17:29:32] Sean Turner leaves the room
[17:33:29] <mcharlesr> mic: Sean Turner.
[17:33:42] <mcharlesr> mic: Carsten Bormen
[17:34:37] <mcharlesr> mikestjohns at mic.
[17:35:01] <mcharlesr> mic: EKR agrees with msj.
[17:35:03] <Robert Cragie_6960> I would have thought the "constrained" aspect here is more about trying to reuse a DTLS library for multiple purposes in the device itself and therefore adding multicast to DTLS would be a relatively small addition
[17:35:37] <Robert Cragie_6960> So sure other protocols exist but they represent a bigger addition
[17:36:01] metricamerica leaves the room
[17:36:18] <mcharlesr> mic: msj.
[17:36:27] <mcharlesr> is that for the mic?
[17:36:38] <Robert Cragie_6960> No. just for the record
[17:37:00] skumar leaves the room
[17:37:09] Sean Turner joins the room
[17:38:02] Sean Turner leaves the room
[17:39:07] <mcharlesr> Sandeep presenting....
[17:39:27] <mcharlesr> Steve Farrell (AD) says that he hates problem statement RFCs... how will we know if are done?
[17:43:13] <mcharlesr> slide: Group Communication Security for LowPower...
[17:43:18] <mcharlesr> slide: Group Communication Use Case.
[17:43:25] <mcharlesr> (lighting control in office building)
[17:43:57] <mcharlesr> slide: Symmetric key based.
[17:44:48] <mcharlesr> slide: symmetric key based (updates). slide 4.
[17:46:37] <mcharlesr> mic: Kerry Lynn.
[17:46:49] <mcharlesr> question about radius of network.
[17:47:15] <mcharlesr> slide 5, public key based solution.
[17:47:19] cabo joins the room
[17:48:34] metricamerica joins the room
[17:49:18] Simon Romano leaves the room
[17:51:47] <Robert Cragie_6960> The public key solution is not DTLS so it is a questionable topic for DICE
[17:52:04] <cabo> +1
[17:52:27] Sean Turner joins the room
[17:52:30] <mcharlesr> slide: 7.
[17:52:46] <mcharlesr> Robert, my impression is how to map the abstract concept into the DTLS header.
[17:53:01] <mcharlesr> at mic: EKR....
[17:53:01] Sean Turner leaves the room
[17:53:12] <Robert Cragie_6960> OK slide 7 IS DTLS...
[17:53:36] <Robert Cragie_6960> Wouldn't this have to be a new cipher suite?
[17:53:43] <mcharlesr> probablyu.
[17:53:46] kohei.kasamatsu130 joins the room
[17:54:51] <mcharlesr> general feeling that this doesn't fit into DTLS from group.
[17:54:52] <mcharlesr> slide 8.
[17:55:12] <mcharlesr> at mic: Rene.
[17:55:35] Paolo Saviano leaves the room
[17:56:30] <Robert Cragie_6960> The symmetric key solution makes some sense from a pure protocol point of view, notwithstanding the comments from MSJ and others. I am not sure we can consider these public key solutions for DTLS
[17:57:15] <Robert Cragie_6960> If there's time could you put the last point to the mic?
[17:57:47] <Robert Cragie_6960> OK not important
[17:57:57] <mcharlesr> done!
[17:57:57] sftcd leaves the room
[17:57:57] satoru.kanno@jabber.org leaves the room
[17:57:58] metricamerica leaves the room
[17:58:00] satoru.kanno@jabber.org joins the room
[17:58:07] <mcharlesr> send it to the list!
[17:58:13] <Robert Cragie_6960> Will do
[17:58:21] Robert Cragie_6960 leaves the room
[17:58:23] meetecho slides leaves the room
[17:58:32] satoru.kanno@jabber.org leaves the room
[17:59:16] Sudhir Pendse leaves the room
[17:59:20] alessandro amirante leaves the room
[17:59:44] meetecho video leaves the room
[18:00:22] mcharlesr leaves the room
[18:06:52] kohei.kasamatsu130 leaves the room
[18:14:32] cabo leaves the room
[18:20:00] cabo joins the room
[18:23:00] satoru.kanno@jabber.org joins the room
[18:23:04] sftcd joins the room
[18:23:19] sftcd leaves the room
[19:39:57] Sean Turner joins the room
[19:43:03] Sean Turner leaves the room
[19:56:02] Sean Turner joins the room
[20:18:51] Sean Turner leaves the room
[20:23:03] satoru.kanno@jabber.org leaves the room
[20:26:34] cabo leaves the room
[20:45:25] satoru.kanno@jabber.org joins the room
[20:49:09] satoru.kanno@jabber.org leaves the room
[21:17:47] cabo joins the room
[21:24:39] cabo leaves the room
[21:42:30] mcharlesr joins the room
Powered by ejabberd Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!