IETF
dispatch@jabber.ietf.org
Monday, 25 July 2011< ^ >
tomkri has set the subject to: Dispatch
Room Configuration

GMT+0
[12:34:11] burn joins the room
[12:54:46] tcastaldi joins the room
[12:54:50] Laura Liess joins the room
[12:55:02] Meetecho joins the room
[12:56:13] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[12:56:55] Xavier Marjou joins the room
[12:57:13] Tobia Castaldi joins the room
[12:57:21] Simon Romano joins the room
[12:58:11] admin joins the room
[12:58:12] admin leaves the room
[12:58:40] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 1: DISPATCH WG IETF-81
[12:58:41] patrick Mourot joins the room
[13:00:45] kpfleming joins the room
[13:00:47] Hadriel Kaplan joins the room
[13:00:54] Cullen Jennings joins the room
[13:01:08] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 2: Note Well
[13:01:13] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 3: Agenda – Monday 0900-1130
[13:01:25] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 4: DISPATCH WG Status
[13:01:36] Adam Roach joins the room
[13:01:48] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 5: IETF-82 Preliminary Deadlines
[13:01:58] Jonathan Lennox joins the room
[13:02:16] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 6: Other Meetings of Interest
[13:02:30] lminiero633 joins the room
[13:03:07] <Tobia Castaldi> Presentation stopped
[13:03:23] Alessandro Amirante joins the room
[13:03:25] suzukisn joins the room
[13:03:27] Martin Huelsemann joins the room
[13:03:33] <kpfleming> Salvatore Loreto presenting
[13:03:39] mph joins the room
[13:04:03] <Simon Romano> Hi there...
[13:04:08] <Simon Romano> Meetecho is @ http://www.meetecho.com/ietf81/dispatch
[13:04:15] <Lorenzo Miniero> :)
[13:04:42] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 3: Problem: Correlation of call legs for mo
[13:05:05] Remote joins the room
[13:05:52] <Simon Romano> Slide 4: The End-to-End Session Identifier
[13:06:08] <Simon Romano> Slide 5: Is there really a difference between Cal
[13:07:43] <Simon Romano> Slide 4: The End-to-End Session Identifier
[13:08:47] gonzalo joins the room
[13:08:57] <Simon Romano> Slide 5: Is there really a difference between Cal
[13:09:33] <Adam Roach> Simon: Is the posting of slide titles automatic?
[13:09:36] simo.veikkolainen joins the room
[13:09:37] Gonzalo joins the room
[13:09:41] <Simon Romano> Yep
[13:09:45] <Simon Romano> Slide 6: Who guarantees a Session-ID will not be
[13:09:46] <Adam Roach> Very cool.
[13:09:50] <Simon Romano> :-)
[13:11:04] <gonzalo> It seems the meetecho guys continue improving their system. Thanks!
[13:11:11] <Simon Romano> Slide 7: Requirements for an end-to-end session i
[13:11:14] kpfleming leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[13:11:15] tomkrist joins the room
[13:11:15] kfleming joins the room
[13:12:25] <Simon Romano> Slide 8: Requirements for an end-to-end session i
[13:13:17] <Simon Romano> Slide 9: Charter proposal (1/4)
[13:13:29] <lminiero633> :)
[13:13:45] mph leaves the room
[13:14:12] <Simon Romano> Slide 8: Requirements for an end-to-end session i
[13:14:19] <Simon Romano> Slide 7: Requirements for an end-to-end session i
[13:15:33] hta joins the room
[13:15:36] <Simon Romano> Slide 10: Charter proposal(2/4)
[13:18:29] gonzalo leaves the room
[13:18:45] Gonzalo leaves the room
[13:19:40] Gonzalo joins the room
[13:19:44] <Simon Romano> Slide 11: Charter proposal (3/4)
[13:19:46] <Simon Romano> Slide 10: Charter proposal(2/4)
[13:24:04] Gonzalo leaves the room
[13:24:38] Gonzalo joins the room
[13:26:00] Gonzalo leaves the room
[13:33:06] Thomas Stach joins the room
[13:39:38] simo.veikkolainen leaves the room
[13:42:00] <Simon Romano> Slide 13: Questions ?
[13:42:02] <Simon Romano> Slide 10: Charter proposal(2/4)
[13:42:21] Gyubong Oh joins the room
[13:43:49] Roberta Presta joins the room
[13:46:31] simo.veikkolainen joins the room
[13:46:47] Gyubong Oh leaves the room
[13:47:09] Gyubong Oh joins the room
[13:51:23] Roberta Presta leaves the room
[13:51:46] Roberta Presta joins the room
[13:54:25] patrick Mourot leaves the room
[13:56:11] <Simon Romano> Slide 11: Charter proposal (3/4)
[13:56:31] <Simon Romano> Slide 10: Charter proposal(2/4)
[13:56:57] <Simon Romano> Slide 11: Charter proposal (3/4)
[13:58:08] patrick Mourot joins the room
[13:59:28] <Simon Romano> Slide 10: Charter proposal(2/4)
[14:00:39] <Simon Romano> For the records, during the last 45 minutes we've been discussing around the charter proposal, going back and forth between slides 10 and 11.
[14:00:50] <Simon Romano> Slide 11: Charter proposal (3/4)
[14:01:48] <kfleming> Hum proposal: hum if you are in favor of the charter draft as it stands today (with minor technical edits)
[14:01:50] <Lorenzo Miniero> and I was going to blame vynil!
[14:02:00] <kfleming> hum if you are opposed
[14:02:13] <Simon Romano> Presentazione interrotta
[14:02:36] <kfleming> Simon Romano: italian?
[14:02:44] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 1: SIP Load balancing Charter
[14:02:50] <Simon Romano> Sorry...my locale in the browser :-(
[14:02:51] <Cullen Jennings> Moving on to SIP Load balancing
[14:02:59] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 2: Agenda
[14:03:02] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 3: Problem statement
[14:03:04] <Simon Romano> Fixed!
[14:03:15] <Adam Roach> Aw, I kinda liked it. :)
[14:03:43] <Simon Romano> So, next presentation will be in Italian ;-)
[14:03:47] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 4: Problem statement
[14:03:49] <Simon Romano> Meetecho is @ http://www.meetecho.com/ietf81/dispatch
[14:04:05] Laura Liess leaves the room
[14:04:07] <Lorenzo Miniero> you can follow the session using your Android device as well, if you installed the app
[14:04:37] Adam Roach leaves the room: Computer went to sleep
[14:04:38] <lminiero633> as I did :)
[14:04:53] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 5: Problem Statement
[14:06:15] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 6: Current Solution - 1
[14:07:04] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 7: Current Solution - 2
[14:07:28] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 8: Current Solution - 3
[14:07:50] Gyubong Oh leaves the room
[14:07:51] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 9: Current Solution - 4
[14:07:57] Gyubong Oh joins the room
[14:08:17] simo.veikkolainen leaves the room
[14:08:51] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 10: SIP LB consideration
[14:09:20] Gyubong Oh leaves the room
[14:10:55] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 11: Split signaling and media LB
[14:10:55] Roberta Presta leaves the room
[14:11:50] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 12: Split signaling and media LB
[14:12:16] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 13: Charter milestones
[14:12:41] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 14: Next steps
[14:12:55] Remote leaves the room
[14:13:07] tomkrist leaves the room: Replaced by new connection.
[14:13:07] tomkrist joins the room
[14:15:03] Roberta Presta joins the room
[14:15:24] Adam Roach joins the room
[14:15:31] Remote joins the room
[14:16:15] tomkrist leaves the room: Replaced by new connection.
[14:16:17] tomkrist joins the room
[14:21:31] <kfleming> http://xkcd.com/927/
[14:21:56] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 13: Charter milestones
[14:30:59] bob joins the room
[14:31:09] <Tobia Castaldi> Presentation stopped
[14:31:30] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 1: Global Service Provider ID
[14:31:34] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 2: • Interest in a globally unique servic
[14:31:57] bob leaves the room
[14:32:01] bob joins the room
[14:32:02] <Tobia Castaldi> Presentation 3: Global Service Provider Identification Number
Presenter: Penn Pfautz
Slides are at http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/81/slides/dispatch-1.pptx
Related document: draft-pfautz-service-provider-identifier-urn-01.txt is at http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-pfautz-service-provider-identifier-urn-01.txt
Meetecho is at http://www.meetecho.com/ietf81/dispatch
[14:35:48] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 3: Need for Convergence –wouldn’t it be
[14:36:08] mhp joins the room
[14:36:22] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 4: Proposal for Specification in IETF
[14:37:26] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 5: Alternatives
[14:37:36] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 4: Proposal for Specification in IETF
[14:38:03] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 5: Alternatives
[14:38:24] Rocco Ilaria joins the room
[14:38:34] gdfgdfgdfg joins the room
[14:39:03] Gonzalo joins the room
[14:40:06] Rocco Ilaria leaves the room
[14:40:18] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 6: Discussion, please
[14:40:41] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 5: Alternatives
[14:41:46] bob leaves the room
[14:41:46] Antonio Natale joins the room
[14:43:21] gdfgdfgdfg leaves the room
[14:44:13] Mario Rossi joins the room
[14:44:56] Antonio Natale leaves the room
[14:47:08] Mario Rossi has set the subject to: fine
[14:50:25] Lorenzo Miniero has set the subject to: DISPATCH WG session
[14:51:19] Adam Roach leaves the room
[14:51:45] Adam Roach joins the room
[14:51:57] Mario Rossi leaves the room
[14:55:32] Thomas Stach leaves the room
[14:55:50] Denis Alexeitsev joins the room
[14:56:57] Denis Alexeitsev leaves the room
[14:57:54] <Tobia Castaldi> Presentation stopped
[14:58:18] <Tobia Castaldi> Presentation 4: BFCP for UDP
Presenter: Charles Eckel
Slides are at http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/81/slides/dispatch-5.ppt
Proposed charter (http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dispatch/current/msg03653.html )
Related document: draft-sandbakken-dispatch-bfcp-udp is at http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sandbakken-dispatch-bfcp-udp/
Meetecho is at http://www.meetecho.com/ietf81/dispatch
[14:58:33] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 1: Revision of the Binary Floor Control Pro
[14:59:13] Denis Alexeitsev joins the room
[14:59:37] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 2: Changes from Previous Version
[14:59:57] Denis Alexeitsev leaves the room
[15:01:17] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 3: Use Case – SIP Videoconferencing
[15:02:30] mhp leaves the room
[15:02:30] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 4: Motivation
[15:02:38] michael joins the room
[15:03:57] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 5: Approach
[15:04:00] Diomira Cennamo joins the room
[15:04:52] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 6: Request/Response
[15:05:44] <Gonzalo> The new primitives are in green, but not in *italics*!
[15:05:48] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 7: Transaction Initiator (the problem)
[15:05:49] <Gonzalo> :)
[15:06:36] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 8: Transaction Initiator (the solution)
[15:07:26] <Hadriel Kaplan> Does Meetecho work on Safari? I keep getting error when trying to enter the conf.
[15:07:35] <Lorenzo Miniero> it should
[15:07:50] <Lorenzo Miniero> does it fail for sip or the room itself?
[15:08:27] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 11: Future Work
[15:08:38] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 8: Transaction Initiator (the solution)
[15:08:39] <Lorenzo Miniero> of course try a different name from the one you're using now or you'll get a nickname conflict
[15:08:45] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 9: Security
[15:08:52] <Hadriel Kaplan> fails after login, and says: "Error joining room"
[15:09:18] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 10: NAT Traversal
[15:09:46] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 11: Future Work
[15:09:49] <Lorenzo Miniero> Hadriel try using a different name and try again
[15:10:07] <Lorenzo Miniero> the error could be caused by the fact you're already using it with your client
[15:10:25] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 12: Thank You
[15:10:28] <Hadriel Kaplan> huh, it worked after I relaoded the page 3 times. weird.
[15:10:38] <Lorenzo Miniero> 3 is a magic number :)
[15:10:50] <Tobia Castaldi> :)
[15:12:25] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 11: Future Work
[15:12:50] Alessandro Arrichiello joins the room
[15:13:27] Diomira Cennamo leaves the room
[15:13:50] <Hadriel Kaplan> That's Allyn Romanow talking in case anyone's wondering
[15:13:53] Xavier Marjou leaves the room
[15:14:33] Alessandro Arrichiello leaves the room
[15:20:34] michael leaves the room
[15:20:34] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 12: Thank You
[15:21:31] Roberta Presta leaves the room
[15:21:55] michael joins the room
[15:22:26] alezzandro788 joins the room
[15:22:33] patrick Mourot leaves the room
[15:25:52] Hadriel Kaplan leaves the room
[15:26:18] paul erkkila joins the room
[15:26:22] hta leaves the room
[15:26:23] <Simon Romano> Session recordings (split in pieces, with each piece associated with a single presentation slot) will be made available in a while on the Meetecho IETF portal:
http://www.ietf.org/meeting/81/remote-participation.html#Meetecho
[15:26:42] <kfleming> Simon Romano: nice work, gents
[15:26:50] Simon Romano leaves the room
[15:27:00] <tomkrist> :)
[15:27:16] Adam Roach leaves the room
[15:27:22] Meetecho leaves the room
[15:27:27] <Tobia Castaldi> :)
[15:27:40] <Lorenzo Miniero> tnx!
[15:27:45] <Tobia Castaldi> Presentation stopped
[15:27:52] suzukisn leaves the room
[15:28:17] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[15:28:19] Jonathan Lennox leaves the room
[15:28:22] kfleming leaves the room
[15:28:29] lminiero633 leaves the room
[15:28:33] paul erkkila leaves the room
[15:28:45] alezzandro788 leaves the room
[15:28:48] Cullen Jennings leaves the room
[15:29:29] Tobia Castaldi leaves the room
[15:30:08] Alessandro Amirante leaves the room
[15:30:25] tcastaldi leaves the room
[15:35:29] Mikio Hara joins the room
[15:36:19] Mikio Hara leaves the room
[15:39:56] Gonzalo leaves the room
[15:48:01] Remote leaves the room
[15:48:02] Martin Huelsemann leaves the room
[16:43:01] Robert Story joins the room
[16:47:19] Robert Story leaves the room
[16:48:58] Nicolas Bouliane joins the room
[16:50:39] Nicolas Bouliane leaves the room
[16:53:12] hta joins the room
[16:53:21] jp cerezo joins the room
[16:54:59] jp cerezo leaves the room
[17:02:25] hta leaves the room
[17:02:28] hta joins the room
[17:20:05] Hadriel Kaplan joins the room
[17:32:29] hta leaves the room
[18:01:24] hta joins the room
[18:08:14] Hadriel Kaplan leaves the room
[18:33:19] hta leaves the room
[19:42:04] tomkrist leaves the room: Disconnected.
[19:46:48] tomkrist joins the room
[20:47:26] tomkrist leaves the room: Disconnected.
[20:57:01] tobiacast joins the room
[20:58:39] tobiacast leaves the room
[21:21:14] michael leaves the room
[21:28:32] burn leaves the room
Powered by ejabberd Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!