IETF
DNSSD
dnssd@jabber.ietf.org
Thursday, July 24, 2014< ^ >
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[04:28:53] JJMB joins the room
[05:11:29] JJMB leaves the room
[07:47:22] JJMB joins the room
[08:18:01] JJMB leaves the room
[11:29:21] JJMB joins the room
[12:09:36] JJMB leaves the room
[12:22:17] JJMB joins the room
[13:50:35] JJMB leaves the room
[14:28:13] JJMB joins the room
[14:51:06] JJMB leaves the room
[14:56:11] JJMB joins the room
[15:13:51] JJMB joins the room
[15:14:06] JJMB leaves the room
[15:30:06] JJMB leaves the room
[16:15:50] alessandro amirante joins the room
[16:16:24] Paolo Saviano joins the room
[16:16:42] alessandro amirante leaves the room
[16:17:11] Paolo Saviano leaves the room
[16:17:29] Paolo Saviano joins the room
[16:17:30] alessandro amirante joins the room
[16:17:56] Paolo Saviano leaves the room
[16:18:16] alessandro amirante leaves the room
[16:18:48] Paolo Saviano joins the room
[16:18:54] alex amirante joins the room
[16:19:05] alex amirante leaves the room
[16:19:22] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[16:19:35] Paolo Saviano leaves the room
[16:19:37] alessandro amirante joins the room
[16:19:45] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[16:20:23] Paolo Test joins the room
[16:20:35] Paolo Test leaves the room
[16:20:49] Paolo Saviano joins the room
[16:20:54] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[16:22:35] Paolo Saviano leaves the room
[16:22:53] Paolo Saviano joins the room
[16:23:05] Ashutosh Aggarwal joins the room
[16:24:00] <Lorenzo Miniero> hi Ashutosh
[16:24:07] <Lorenzo Miniero> can you hear the audio from the room?
[16:24:07] <Ashutosh Aggarwal> hello
[16:24:30] <Ashutosh Aggarwal> can you guys hear me?
[16:24:34] <Lorenzo Miniero> not yet
[16:24:37] <Lorenzo Miniero> can you r hear us?
[16:24:46] <Ashutosh Aggarwal> yes, i can for sue
[16:24:49] <Ashutosh Aggarwal> sure
[16:24:51] <Lorenzo Miniero> ok
[16:24:55] <Lorenzo Miniero> to publish yourself
[16:24:59] <Lorenzo Miniero> press the Play icon
[16:25:04] <Lorenzo Miniero> next to your username on top
[16:25:14] <Lorenzo Miniero> top-left part of the screen
[16:25:34] <Ashutosh Aggarwal> is it next to camera?
[16:25:40] <Lorenzo Miniero> yep
[16:25:43] <Lorenzo Miniero> it's a triangle icon
[16:25:50] <Ashutosh Aggarwal> it is still loading
[16:26:09] <Lorenzo Miniero> have you accepted the permissions that appear ontop?
[16:26:19] <Lorenzo Miniero> there's a line asking you to access mic and cam
[16:26:24] <Lorenzo Miniero> press yes to both
[16:26:31] <Lorenzo Miniero> and then press the triangle icon when it appears
[16:26:42] <Ashutosh Aggarwal> nothing was prompted for me to accept
[16:26:54] <Ashutosh Aggarwal> it asked for micrphone share that I accepted
[16:27:15] <Lorenzo Miniero> nothing for the webcam?
[16:27:27] <Lorenzo Miniero> mic should be enough though
[16:27:32] <Lorenzo Miniero> what browser are you using?
[16:27:40] <Ashutosh Aggarwal> yes, it should be enough
[16:27:47] <Ashutosh Aggarwal> if we can make it work
[16:28:04] <Lorenzo Miniero> I guess something got mixed up when joining
[16:28:08] <Lorenzo Miniero> can you try leaving the room
[16:28:18] <Lorenzo Miniero> and then join again using the same link we gave you in the mail?
[16:28:46] <Ashutosh Aggarwal> so just close the browser tab? or press power off icon on the right top
[16:28:54] Ashutosh Aggarwal leaves the room
[16:28:57] <Lorenzo Miniero> press the power icon please
[16:30:02] Ashutosh Aggarwal joins the room
[16:30:15] <Lorenzo Miniero> working now?
[16:30:44] <Ashutosh Aggarwal> can you guys hear me ok now?
[16:31:08] <Lorenzo Miniero> have you pressed the play icon?
[16:31:12] <Lorenzo Miniero> that's a necessary step
[16:31:17] <Lorenzo Miniero> as all speakers are muted by default
[16:31:35] <Ashutosh Aggarwal> there is icon to the left of webcam icon that is loading
[16:32:05] <Lorenzo Miniero> are you wired on wifi?
[16:32:10] <Lorenzo Miniero> or on
[16:32:20] <Ashutosh Aggarwal> wifi at the moment
[16:32:33] <Lorenzo Miniero> wired would be better, to avoid hiccups when it works
[16:32:34] <Lorenzo Miniero> anyway
[16:32:38] <Lorenzo Miniero> are you using chrome or firefox?
[16:32:47] <Ashutosh Aggarwal> firefox
[16:33:09] <Lorenzo Miniero> can you try chrme as well to see if it works for you?
[16:33:10] <Ashutosh Aggarwal> can you exit me and I will try after docking my laptop
[16:33:21] <Lorenzo Miniero> in the meanwhile we're investigating what'snot working
[16:33:34] Ashutosh Aggarwal leaves the room
[16:33:46] <Lorenzo Miniero> you can just leave as you did before
[16:34:22] ashutosh aggarwal joins the room
[16:35:43] <ashutosh aggarwal> i have USB plugged in headset+microphone
[16:36:11] <ashutosh aggarwal> it is prompting with 5 options for microphone when the page is loaded
[16:36:21] <ashutosh aggarwal> which option is the right one?
[16:36:21] <Lorenzo Miniero> is the icon still loading fr you though?
[16:36:31] <Lorenzo Miniero> that's weird
[16:36:37] <Lorenzo Miniero> you should just be asked to accept a permission
[16:36:41] <Lorenzo Miniero> accept it when asked
[16:36:57] <ashutosh aggarwal> play icon is not loading
[16:37:00] <Lorenzo Miniero> press the webcam icon in the address bar
[16:37:05] <ashutosh aggarwal> i have firefix 30.0
[16:37:11] <Lorenzo Miniero> close to the "canadian.conf" link
[16:37:20] <Lorenzo Miniero> ithe other request may be hidden
[16:38:12] ashutosh aggarwal leaves the room
[16:38:33] <Lorenzo Miniero> Ashutosh, just to be sure
[16:38:37] <Lorenzo Miniero> please try with Chrome
[16:38:39] <Lorenzo Miniero> imstead of Firefox
[16:38:45] <Lorenzo Miniero> as that may be the issue with you
[16:39:02] <Lorenzo Miniero> Chrome is more explicit with respect to the permissions
[16:40:54] ashutosh aggarwal joins the room
[16:41:15] <Lorenzo Miniero> hi Ashutosh, are you using Chrome now?
[16:41:42] <ashutosh aggarwal> i am using firefox
[16:41:48] <Lorenzo Miniero> please rry Chrome
[16:41:58] <Lorenzo Miniero> Firefox may not work in your case
[16:42:03] <Lorenzo Miniero> as it is giving issues with permissions
[16:42:23] <ashutosh aggarwal> it is asking for 5 options for a micrphone
[16:42:28] <Lorenzo Miniero> Chrome is more explicit with permissions and so it's harder to miss
[16:42:34] <ashutosh aggarwal> let me try switching the option
[16:42:55] <Lorenzo Miniero> yes but if the play icon does not appear that's useless
[16:42:56] <ashutosh aggarwal> can you guys hear me now?
[16:43:16] <Lorenzo Miniero> if you still only see a loading icon nothing changed
[16:43:21] <Lorenzo Miniero> please try with Chrome
[16:43:22] <ashutosh aggarwal> ok, le tme exit now
[16:43:25] <ashutosh aggarwal> and try chrome
[16:43:29] <Lorenzo Miniero> thanks :)
[16:43:31] ashutosh aggarwal leaves the room
[16:44:01] ashutosh aggarwal joins the room
[16:44:30] <ashutosh aggarwal> i started the session using chrome
[16:44:43] <Lorenzo Miniero> did you see the permissions on top=
[16:44:44] <ashutosh aggarwal> can you guys hear me?
[16:44:59] <ashutosh aggarwal> I clicked on "allow" when it asked
[16:45:09] <Lorenzo Miniero> ok
[16:45:12] <ashutosh aggarwal> for microphone
[16:45:16] <Lorenzo Miniero> did the Play icon appear now?
[16:45:36] <Lorenzo Miniero> did you deny or accept the request to access the webcam?
[16:45:39] <Lorenzo Miniero> you can't leave it pending
[16:45:47] <Lorenzo Miniero> you have to either accet or deny
[16:45:48] <ashutosh aggarwal> i accepted webcam too
[16:45:51] <Lorenzo Miniero> ok
[16:45:59] <Lorenzo Miniero> is the Play icon available now?
[16:46:27] <ashutosh aggarwal> there is something waiting to be loaded to the right of my name
[16:46:33] <ashutosh aggarwal> it is spinning
[16:46:51] <Lorenzo Miniero> got it
[16:47:09] <Lorenzo Miniero> I think it won't work for you then, unless we try again during the meeting
[16:47:14] <Lorenzo Miniero> we'll setup a phone number for you
[16:47:26] <Lorenzo Miniero> that you will be able to call to join
[16:47:28] <Lorenzo Miniero> just as a backup
[16:47:44] <ashutosh aggarwal> can you guys hear me though?
[16:48:10] <Lorenzo Miniero> no Ashutosh, if the Play icon is not visible no :)
[16:48:15] <Lorenzo Miniero> as I said
[16:48:23] <Lorenzo Miniero> we'll try again a last minute thing during the meeting
[16:48:25] <Lorenzo Miniero> if it doesn't work
[16:48:30] <Lorenzo Miniero> we'll give you a phone number to call
[16:48:38] alessandro amirante leaves the room
[16:48:40] <Lorenzo Miniero> ok?
[16:48:41] <ashutosh aggarwal> ok
[16:48:57] <Lorenzo Miniero> sorry about that... we'll get this thing working one way or the other
[16:49:00] <Lorenzo Miniero> see you later!
[16:49:05] <ashutosh aggarwal> i am not sure if there is any setting at my end that needs to be changed
[16:49:12] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[16:50:28] <Paolo Saviano> We'll try with a phone number before starting... bye
[16:50:39] Paolo Saviano leaves the room
[16:50:40] ashutosh aggarwal leaves the room
[16:52:18] ashutosh aggarwal joins the room
[16:57:31] <ashutosh aggarwal> another conference is saying java applet needs to be installed. Could that be an issue?
[16:59:08] ashutosh aggarwal leaves the room
[16:59:39] ashutosh aggarwal joins the room
[17:00:45] ashutosh aggarwal leaves the room
[17:04:21] ashutosh aggarwal joins the room
[17:10:12] ashutosh aggarwal leaves the room
[17:10:33] Ashutosh Aggarwal joins the room
[17:11:04] Ashutosh Aggarwal leaves the room
[17:11:48] ashutosh aggarwal joins the room
[17:13:26] ashutosh aggarwal leaves the room
[17:14:03] ashutosh aggarwal joins the room
[17:16:12] ashutosh aggarwal leaves the room
[17:16:14] ashutosh aggarwal joins the room
[17:17:55] ashutosh aggarwal leaves the room
[18:57:36] Carsten Strotmann joins the room
[19:06:09] Hosnieh Rafiee joins the room
[19:11:45] Dan York joins the room
[19:15:42] Simon Romano joins the room
[19:16:15] ashutosh aggarwal joins the room
[19:16:53] Hosnieh Rafiee_5954 joins the room
[19:17:43] Andrew Sullivan joins the room
[19:18:34] ed lewis joins the room
[19:20:41] Suzanne joins the room
[19:20:42] <Hosnieh Rafiee> I still can hear nothing. is it normal
[19:20:55] <Andrew Sullivan> we haven't started yet
[19:21:30] <ed lewis> You (AJS) look like you are talking. ;)
[19:21:39] Dave Thaler joins the room
[19:21:49] <Simon Romano> Hold on one second fpr audio...
[19:21:52] <ashutosh aggarwal> I can't hear any audio either
[19:21:55] <Hosnieh Rafiee_5954> Yes this is what i also can see
[19:21:57] <Simon Romano> ...just connecting to the mixer.
[19:21:59] <Andrew Sullivan> I was talking
[19:22:22] <Simon Romano> ...too early
[19:22:23] <Carsten Strotmann> I've audio on the m3u stream
[19:22:31] <Hosnieh Rafiee_5954> hum but on
[19:22:31] ctg1701 joins the room
[19:22:39] <Hosnieh Rafiee_5954> meetecho
[19:22:42] <Hosnieh Rafiee_5954> still no audio
[19:22:45] <Carsten Strotmann> a little distorted, but else OK
[19:22:56] <ashutosh aggarwal> no audio at my end
[19:22:57] meetecho m joins the room
[19:23:10] <Andrew Sullivan> there's meetecho, so it looks like we're on
[19:23:11] <Carsten Strotmann> http://ietf90streaming.dnsalias.net/ietf/ietf902.m3u
[19:23:41] <Carsten Strotmann> that was the link to the audio stream
[19:24:01] <Simon Romano> Audio is on,, now, on Meetecho.
[19:24:04] <Hosnieh Rafiee_5954> yes
[19:24:06] <Hosnieh Rafiee_5954> :)
[19:24:18] <Simon Romano> Sorry about the delay...
[19:24:25] ashutosh aggarwal leaves the room
[19:24:26] Ted Lemon joins the room
[19:24:32] nordmark@jabber.de joins the room
[19:24:45] <Simon Romano> Slide 3: undefined
[19:24:47] <Simon Romano> Slide 4: undefined
[19:24:53] Ole Troan joins the room
[19:24:56] Dan York has set the subject to: DNSSD WG at IETF 90
[19:25:11] <Suzanne> Hi all, if you want me at the mic for you just start the msg with "MIC:"
[19:25:14] <Suzanne> slide 5
[19:25:19] Ashutosh Aggarwal joins the room
[19:25:42] <Suzanne> slide 6
[19:25:51] Tim Wicinski joins the room
[19:28:34] <Suzanne> slide 7
[19:29:16] keith_nm joins the room
[19:29:42] <Simon Romano> Presentation is over
[19:29:53] <Suzanne> Next: DNSSD Requirements
[19:29:55] <Simon Romano> Slide 2: Changes since last draft
[19:29:57] <Simon Romano> Slide 1: dnssd requirements
[19:30:02] meetecho m leaves the room
[19:30:06] Meetecho Audio joins the room
[19:30:46] <Simon Romano> Slide 2: Changes since last draft
[19:31:17] <ed lewis> glad I'm not using headphones
[19:31:24] <Carsten Strotmann> I'm deaf
[19:31:52] <Andrew Sullivan> sorry about the audio foul up
[19:32:04] <Hosnieh Rafiee_5954> no problem
[19:32:20] <Hosnieh Rafiee_5954> it appears that the voice have echo
[19:32:30] <Hosnieh Rafiee_5954> like talking in an empty big room
[19:32:39] <Ted Lemon> yeah, the gain is really high on the mic.
[19:33:01] <Simon Romano> Slide 3: REQ7
[19:33:08] <Andrew Sullivan> the gain is indeed high on the mic, but in fact we're also talking in an empty big room
[19:33:30] <Hosnieh Rafiee_5954> :)
[19:33:45] Meet S joins the room
[19:33:52] Meet S leaves the room
[19:34:30] m d joins the room
[19:34:32] <Simon Romano> The speaker's mike sucks
[19:34:35] <Suzanne> slide 4: REQ8
[19:34:35] Andrew Sullivan leaves the room
[19:34:40] <Simon Romano> Slide 4: REQ8
[19:34:51] Meetecho Audio leaves the room
[19:34:54] Andrew Sullivan joins the room
[19:35:32] <Suzanne> Ran Atkinson
[19:35:39] <Suzanne> (at the mic, that is)
[19:36:32] <Suzanne> Eliot Lear at the mic
[19:36:52] Doug Montgomery joins the room
[19:37:09] <Hosnieh Rafiee_5954> who is blowing in the mic :)
[19:37:38] <Ted Lemon> That was probably Tim trying to figure out why the chair mic isn't working.   Possibly it is working for remote listeners.
[19:37:45] james woodyatt joins the room
[19:38:01] <Hosnieh Rafiee_5954> but we can hear him :)
[19:38:04] <Suzanne> Doug Otis at the mic
[19:38:45] <Suzanne> Dan York at the mic
[19:39:26] <Suzanne> Stuart Cheshire at the mic
[19:40:24] <Suzanne> Dan York again
[19:40:56] <Suzanne> (missed the name, sorry)
[19:41:11] <Suzanne> Dave Robbin
[19:42:26] <Suzanne> Andrew Sullivan
[19:43:13] <Simon Romano> @remotes: How's audio now?
[19:43:33] <Hosnieh Rafiee_5954> fair
[19:43:40] <Suzanne> Wes Hardaker
[19:44:39] Doug Montgomery leaves the room
[19:44:44] <Suzanne> Dan York
[19:44:56] yusuke joins the room
[19:45:05] <Suzanne> Barbara Stark
[19:45:21] Olafur Gudmundsson joins the room
[19:45:56] <Simon Romano> Slide 5: REQ9
[19:46:16] Doug Montgomery joins the room
[19:46:38] ctg1701 leaves the room
[19:46:47] <Simon Romano> Slide 6: REQ10
[19:47:09] <Simon Romano> Slide 7: REQ14
[19:47:56] <Simon Romano> Slide 8: Positions Expressed during WGLC
[19:48:03] <Simon Romano> Slide 9: Next Steps
[19:48:03] ctg1701 joins the room
[19:49:05] <Simon Romano> Slide 5: REQ9
[19:49:05] <Suzanne> Ted Lemon
[19:49:07] <Simon Romano> Slide 9: Next Steps
[19:49:56] Eliot Lear joins the room
[19:50:15] <Suzanne> Stuart Cheshire
[19:51:43] <Suzanne> Ran Atkinson
[19:52:03] <Simon Romano> Slide 6: REQ10
[19:53:49] <Simon Romano> Slide 5: REQ9
[19:53:59] <Tim Wicinski> Betting 40% of the room has managed an early Kalpana switch
[19:54:40] <Suzanne> Marc Blanchet
[19:55:28] <Suzanne> Lorenzo Colitti
[19:56:19] <Hosnieh Rafiee_5954> the soluton drafts, actually tried to solve this problem
[19:56:30] <Hosnieh Rafiee_5954> \or address the traffic produced by multicast..
[19:56:36] <Olafur Gudmundsson> @mic can people on floor speak softly, as MarkB, that seems to minimize static in audio stream
[19:56:42] <Hosnieh Rafiee_5954> by using unicast or etc... but..
[19:57:32] <Andrew Sullivan> @Olafur if people at the mic speak softly, they're very hard to hear in the room
[19:58:19] <Suzanne> http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/90/slides/slides-90-dnssd-6.pdf
[19:58:53] <Simon Romano> Presentation is over
[20:00:10] <Ashutosh Aggarwal> lot of echo and delay all of a sudden
[20:00:18] <Suzanne> mDNS Threat Model & Security Considerations
[20:00:22] <Suzanne> slide 2
[20:00:39] <Ted Lemon> Hosnieh is presenting over Meetecho.
[20:00:40] <Suzanne> sorry about echo & delay, I think it's because the feed in the room is from meetecho
[20:00:46] <Carsten Strotmann> Hosnieh is coming over two channels with delay echo
[20:01:23] <Carsten Strotmann> can the mic in the room can be muted for this session?
[20:01:58] <Ted Lemon> They're on it.
[20:02:03] <Carsten Strotmann> thanks
[20:02:33] g.e.montenegro joins the room
[20:02:35] <Andrew Sullivan> all mics are off, but I'm still hearing the echo, so that's not the issue
[20:03:07] <Ted Lemon> Oh, it's Hosnieh's speaker.   She needs to turn down her sound.
[20:03:37] <Ashutosh Aggarwal> i believe problem at the source
[20:04:34] <Ted Lemon> If you can hear yourself, your speaker is on.
[20:05:14] <Suzanne> slide 4
[20:05:28] Andrew Yourtchenko joins the room
[20:06:24] <Suzanne> slide 5
[20:08:01] <Suzanne> slide 6
[20:08:46] <Suzanne> slide 7
[20:10:13] <Suzanne> slide 8
[20:11:38] <Suzanne> slide 9
[20:12:02] naoki joins the room
[20:12:38] <Suzanne> slide 10
[20:12:53] Paolo Passive joins the room
[20:13:50] Paolo Passive leaves the room
[20:14:41] <Suzanne> slide 11
[20:15:51] <Suzanne> end of presentation
[20:16:42] <Suzanne> Dan York
[20:17:04] <Suzanne> back to slide 11
[20:17:36] naoki leaves the room
[20:17:56] <Suzanne> Kerry Lynn
[20:18:50] <Tim Wicinski> Marcus (last name unknown)
[20:19:02] <Dave Thaler> Marcus Steimerling (spelling?)
[20:19:13] <Andrew Yourtchenko> Steinberg
[20:19:20] <Suzanne> thanks all
[20:19:21] <Tim Wicinski> Thank you
[20:19:33] <Suzanne> Michael Richardson
[20:20:18] <Hosnieh Rafiee_5954> So, you want only security on DNS-SD and not mDNS
[20:20:25] <Simon Romano> Presentation is over
[20:20:28] <Suzanne> next presentation: "mDNS/DNS-SD & ULAs"
[20:20:33] <Suzanne> Doug Otis speaking
[20:20:39] <Simon Romano> Slide 2: mDNS/DNS-SD Security
[20:21:05] <Dave Thaler> slides: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/90/slides/slides-90-dnssd-0.pdf
[20:21:29] <Suzanne> @hosnieh, "mDNS is out of scope here" is not the same as "you want only security on DNS-SD and not mDNS"
[20:21:36] <Simon Romano> Slide 3: ULAs offers security for
[20:22:11] <Hosnieh Rafiee_5954> hum... it appears that this time the voice didn't work well..
[20:22:13] <Hosnieh Rafiee_5954> :)
[20:22:51] <Carsten Strotmann> @Hosnieh: it got better about half of your presentation
[20:23:02] <Carsten Strotmann> someone fixed something there
[20:23:15] <Hosnieh Rafiee_5954> @carsten: but it distracted me completely
[20:23:16] <Simon Romano> Slide 4: DNS not Confidential
[20:23:53] <Carsten Strotmann> @hosnieh: yes, I can imagine that, can be very distracting
[20:23:56] <Simon Romano> @Hosnieh: your presentation was perfect!
[20:24:10] <Simon Romano> Just the first two minutes were distracting.
[20:24:20] <Simon Romano> Slide 5: Copy Protected Links
[20:24:23] <Simon Romano> Slide 6: ULAs offers DNS Stability
[20:24:31] <Hosnieh Rafiee_5954> @Simon: thx.
[20:24:47] <Simon Romano> The quality in the room was excellent, I can ensure you.
[20:24:51] <Carsten Strotmann> @hosnieh: I could follow your presentation, thanks for that
[20:25:18] <Simon Romano> Slide 7: “Distrust and caution are the parents
[20:25:24] <Suzanne> Lorenzo Colitti
[20:25:34] <Simon Romano> Slide 3: ULAs offers security for
[20:27:28] <Hosnieh Rafiee_5954> @carsten. good to hear.  :)
[20:29:52] <Simon Romano> Slide 4: DNS not Confidential
[20:31:29] <Suzanne> Eric Vyncke
[20:33:18] <Suzanne> Erik Kline (I think)
[20:33:35] <Suzanne> Robby Simpson
[20:33:51] mcharlesr joins the room
[20:33:58] <mcharlesr> down with 32-bit!
[20:34:06] <Simon Romano> Slide 3: ULAs offers security for
[20:34:15] <Andrew Sullivan> I like the idea that Educause would be satisfied with v6-only
[20:34:28] <Suzanne> Eliot Lear
[20:35:24] <Hosnieh Rafiee_5954> If only they want IPv6 only, I guess the security will be more focused on IPv6 only
[20:35:40] <Simon Romano> Presentation is over
[20:35:52] <Simon Romano> Slide 2: Before I start..
[20:35:55] <Suzanne> Dave Thaler talking
[20:36:06] <Ashutosh Aggarwal> yes, i can listen
[20:36:10] cabo joins the room
[20:36:30] <Simon Romano> Slide 3: Problem Statement
[20:36:31] <Suzanne> @ashutosh, I can go to the mic for you if you want
[20:36:54] <Hosnieh Rafiee_5954> @Ashutosh, you couldn't manage to present remotely
[20:37:23] <Ashutosh Aggarwal> no, i couldn't; I tried with support group this morning
[20:37:28] <Simon Romano> Slide 4: Sample Use Cases
[20:38:18] <Simon Romano> Slide 5: Background
[20:39:47] <Simon Romano> Slide 6: Proposed Change
[20:41:06] <Simon Romano> Slide 7: Realization of the Proposal
[20:41:35] <Simon Romano> Slide 8: Deployment Considerations
[20:42:02] <Simon Romano> Slide 9: API Considerations
[20:42:07] <Simon Romano> Slide 8: Deployment Considerations
[20:42:36] <Simon Romano> Slide 9: API Considerations
[20:42:38] <Hosnieh Rafiee_5954> @Ashutosh: I also have problem with loading the document this time
[20:42:47] <Hosnieh Rafiee_5954> :|
[20:42:49] <Simon Romano> Slide 10: Questions/Comments
[20:42:51] <Simon Romano> Slide 9: API Considerations
[20:43:04] <Simon Romano> Slide 10: Questions/Comments
[20:43:42] <Suzanne> Tim Wicinski
[20:44:11] <Simon Romano> @Hosnieh: it was not a problem on your side. Simply, while doing the setup of the beamer, I had non stopped the previous presentation.
[20:44:25] <Simon Romano> So you had no right to upload when you tried.
[20:44:31] Dan York joins the room
[20:44:40] <Simon Romano> Once released the floor, you could just ho ahead.
[20:44:51] <Ashutosh Aggarwal> I couldn't join the audio
[20:44:56] <Suzanne> Stuart Cheshire
[20:45:10] <Suzanne> Ashutosh: :(
[20:45:20] <Simon Romano> @Ashutosh: how are you listening now?
[20:45:30] <Simon Romano> Through Meetecho or the mp3 stream?
[20:45:36] <Hosnieh Rafiee_5954> @Simon : I see...
[20:45:47] <Ashutosh Aggarwal> i can only listen
[20:46:03] <Simon Romano> We'll have to look into this.
[20:46:13] Dan York joins the room
[20:46:14] <Simon Romano> Unfortunately today there was no much time for testing.
[20:46:21] <Simon Romano> Next one will be ok ;-)
[20:47:12] <Hosnieh Rafiee_5954> @simon, did I have a picture as well
[20:47:18] <Hosnieh Rafiee_5954> or it was only voice
[20:47:40] <Simon Romano> Voice + video.
[20:47:53] <Simon Romano> Looked nice (Y)
[20:47:59] <Hosnieh Rafiee_5954> :P
[20:48:09] <Simon Romano> You'll see in the recordings
[20:48:17] <Hosnieh Rafiee_5954> (sleepy.... it is quite late here)
[20:48:50] <Simon Romano> Where r u?
[20:48:57] <Hosnieh Rafiee_5954> Germany
[20:49:06] <Hosnieh Rafiee_5954> It is about 11 PM
[20:49:19] <Suzanne> Dave Robben
[20:49:21] <Simon Romano> Yep. Same as in Italy!
[20:49:29] <Hosnieh Rafiee_5954> :)
[20:51:14] <Andrew Sullivan> Clearly, if we want a query language, then we want some matching.  So, what is needed is not TXT records, but NAPTR records with the full-blown regex profile in the additional section.
[20:51:31] <Ashutosh Aggarwal> we expect keys to be specified within the service protocol specs
[20:51:51] <Suzanne> @Andrew, this did cross my mind….
[20:51:59] <Suzanne> Kerry Lynn
[20:52:26] <Simon Romano> Presentation is over
[20:52:53] <Simon Romano> Slide 2: 1: Proxying mDNS/DNS
[20:52:55] <Ashutosh Aggarwal> sure, glad to motivate this discussion
[20:54:34] <Simon Romano> Slide 3: 2: Service discovery zone enumeration
[20:54:38] <Simon Romano> Slide 4: 3: Change notification
[20:55:35] <Suzanne> Ted Lemon
[20:56:26] <Suzanne> Andrew Sullivan
[20:57:00] Dan York leaves the room
[20:57:15] <Tim Wicinski> I'll bite that hook
[20:57:23] <Simon Romano> Presentation is over
[20:57:34] <Simon Romano> Slide 2: Overview
[20:57:37] <Simon Romano> Slide 1: Hybrid Unicast/Multicast
[20:58:10] <Suzanne> Both DNSOP chairs are here and would be happy to discuss how we can help identify a problem :)
[20:58:17] <Simon Romano> Slide 2: Overview
[20:58:18] <Suzanne> Stuart Cheshire
[20:59:02] Olafur Gudmundsson leaves the room
[20:59:45] yusuke leaves the room
[21:00:27] <Simon Romano> Slide 3: Hybrid Proxy
[21:00:29] <Simon Romano> Slide 4: Hybrid Proxy
[21:00:30] <Simon Romano> Slide 5: Hybrid Proxy
[21:00:38] <Simon Romano> Slide 6: Hybrid Proxy
[21:00:53] <Simon Romano> Slide 7: Unicast Walkthrough
[21:01:36] Dan York leaves the room
[21:01:36] <Simon Romano> Slide 8: DHCP
[21:02:18] <Simon Romano> Slide 9: Domain Enumeration
[21:03:30] <Simon Romano> Slide 10: Domain Enumeration (2)
[21:03:31] <Simon Romano> Slide 11: Browse
[21:03:32] <Simon Romano> Slide 12: Resolve
[21:04:19] <Simon Romano> Slide 13: Proxy Operation
[21:04:36] nordmark@jabber.de leaves the room: Disconnected: Replaced by new connection
[21:04:36] nordmark@jabber.de joins the room
[21:05:07] <Simon Romano> Slide 14: Next Steps
[21:05:46] <Suzanne> Ted Lemon
[21:08:53] <Hosnieh Rafiee> These are about this draft and security problems
[21:09:13] <Hosnieh Rafiee> Since a hybrid proxy [hybrid-proxy] node aggregates     all data and sends it back to the requester, a malicious node can
[21:09:21] <Suzanne> Doug Otis
[21:09:24] <Hosnieh Rafiee> generate several queries that produce large responses, spoof the     source or MAC address of a victim node in this network, and forward     all traffic to this victim node.
[21:09:52] <Hosnieh Rafiee> another one is A malicious node can replay hybrid proxy aggregation     messages  and cause a DoS on a victim node.
[21:10:16] <Suzanne> Dave Thaler
[21:10:18] <Hosnieh Rafiee> this is in the threat model about this document and it appears that they didn't think about solution
[21:10:48] <Dan York> I sat down because I can send my comment to the list
[21:11:04] <Ted Lemon> You are a brave and forward-thinking IETF participant, Dan. :)
[21:11:16] <Suzanne> Dan, I think you started something (Andrew also left the line)
[21:11:40] <Hosnieh Rafiee> Dan is working on commenting the drafts :)
[21:11:42] <Suzanne> Erik Kline
[21:11:46] <Suzanne> Dave Thaler again
[21:12:29] <Andrew Sullivan> Dave poked at the issue I wanted to.  The more I think about what I'm worried about, though, I think a long note to the list is needed
[21:13:04] <james woodyatt> yes and yes.
[21:13:28] <Suzanne> Eliot Lear
[21:13:33] <Hosnieh Rafiee_5954> is it silent on both point
[21:13:34] <Suzanne> explaining his hum
[21:13:39] <Hosnieh Rafiee_5954> :)
[21:14:16] <Dan York> Ted Lemon: I was more trying to be time-sensitive.
[21:14:33] <Dan York> :-)
[21:15:15] Ted Lemon leaves the room
[21:15:31] Ole Troan leaves the room
[21:15:32] <Simon Romano> See you guys. Closing Meetecho session in a minute.
[21:15:35] <Suzanne> We're done here, thanks everybody!
[21:15:35] Andrew Sullivan leaves the room
[21:15:43] Suzanne leaves the room
[21:15:44] ed lewis leaves the room
[21:15:45] <Carsten Strotmann> thanks everyone
[21:15:49] <Hosnieh Rafiee> Thanks
[21:15:49] cabo leaves the room
[21:15:49] Carsten Strotmann leaves the room
[21:15:54] Dan York leaves the room
[21:15:58] Hosnieh Rafiee leaves the room
[21:15:59] <Ashutosh Aggarwal> I can help Staurt as well with hybrid draft
[21:16:00] Ashutosh Aggarwal leaves the room
[21:16:04] ctg1701 leaves the room
[21:16:05] m d leaves the room
[21:16:07] Andrew Yourtchenko leaves the room
[21:16:12] Hosnieh Rafiee_5954 leaves the room
[21:16:20] james woodyatt leaves the room
[21:16:24] Ted Lemon joins the room
[21:16:58] Simon Romano leaves the room
[21:17:04] Tim Wicinski leaves the room
[21:20:45] nordmark@jabber.de leaves the room
[21:23:54] Ted Lemon leaves the room
[21:25:55] Andrew Yourtchenko joins the room
[21:26:23] Andrew Yourtchenko leaves the room
[21:27:25] Dan York joins the room
[21:28:16] cabo joins the room
[21:28:17] keith_nm leaves the room: IETF90. Toronto
[21:30:16] Dan York leaves the room
[21:31:11] Andrew Yourtchenko joins the room
[21:31:30] Dave Thaler leaves the room
[21:31:57] Eliot Lear leaves the room
[21:32:07] g.e.montenegro leaves the room
[21:32:21] Eliot Lear joins the room
[21:34:38] Andrew Yourtchenko joins the room
[21:35:37] Andrew Yourtchenko leaves the room
[21:36:30] g.e.montenegro joins the room
[21:38:35] mcharlesr leaves the room
[21:39:23] mcharlesr joins the room
[21:39:44] nordmark@jabber.de joins the room
[21:44:20] g.e.montenegro leaves the room
[21:46:29] Eliot Lear leaves the room
[21:48:03] nordmark@jabber.de leaves the room
[21:48:09] nordmark@jabber.de joins the room
[21:57:50] nordmark@jabber.de leaves the room: Disconnected: Replaced by new connection
[21:57:51] nordmark@jabber.de joins the room
[22:00:59] nordmark@jabber.de leaves the room
[22:01:04] nordmark@jabber.de joins the room
[22:01:42] Suzanne joins the room
[22:01:47] Suzanne leaves the room
[22:08:21] Doug Montgomery leaves the room
[22:10:53] Andrew Yourtchenko joins the room
[22:18:22] nordmark@jabber.de leaves the room: Disconnected: Replaced by new connection
[22:18:24] nordmark@jabber.de joins the room
[22:19:56] Andrew Sullivan joins the room
[22:22:01] Ole Troan joins the room
[22:37:51] keith_nm joins the room
[22:38:02] keith_nm leaves the room
[22:39:01] mcharlesr leaves the room
[22:41:22] Andrew Yourtchenko leaves the room
[22:42:06] nordmark@jabber.de leaves the room
[22:43:24] Ole Troan leaves the room
[22:44:40] cabo leaves the room
[23:30:11] Andrew Sullivan leaves the room
[23:30:45] Andrew Yourtchenko joins the room
[23:32:59] Andrew Yourtchenko leaves the room
Powered by ejabberd Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!