IETF
dots
dots@jabber.ietf.org
Friday, November 18, 2016< ^ >
Take has set the subject to: DOTS Meeting - IETF 96
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[00:14:24] Meetecho joins the room
[00:15:06] adrianfarrel joins the room
[00:15:58] adrianfarrel has set the subject to: DOTS Meeting - IETF 97
[00:25:13] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[00:25:14] Gilbert Clark joins the room
[00:26:39] bortzmeyer joins the room
[00:29:00] danyork joins the room
[00:29:10] <adrianfarrel> Hi, I'm jabber scribblin' for y'all. If you want something read at the mic, please preface it with "MIC:"
[00:30:23] <adrianfarrel> 1. Note well, logistics and introduction (chairs, 5 min)
https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/97/slides/slides-97-dots-chairs-slides-06.pdf
[00:33:04] Jon Hudson joins the room
[00:34:50] Gilbert Clark leaves the room
[00:34:53] _Gilbert Clark_ joins the room
[00:35:09] Tirumaleswar Reddy Konda joins the room
[00:36:56] <adrianfarrel> Flemming at mic
[00:38:18] <adrianfarrel> 2. Use Case Discussion (15 min)
    - draft-ietf-dots-use-cases-03 (Roland Dobbins, 10 min)    
     - Additional use cases discussion (5 min)
https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/97/slides/slides-97-dots-use-cases-draft-ietf-dots-use-cases-03-00.pdf
[00:39:55] Suzanne joins the room
[00:40:29] <Meetecho> question for chairs (not sure they're on jabber), are remote presentations still scheduled? we had two on the list, one presenter explicitly cancelled but the other never came back to us and we don't seem to see him on the agenda (Tiru)
[00:40:57] Suzanne leaves the room
[00:41:27] Simon Romano joins the room
[00:42:17] <adrianfarrel> 3. Requirements Discussion (10 min)    
   - draft-ietf-dots-requirements-03 (Andrew Mortensen, 5 min)    
   - Additional requirements discussion (5 min)
https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/97/slides/slides-97-dots-requirements-draft-ietf-dots-requirements-03-00.pdf
[00:42:58] Alessandro Amirante joins the room
[00:43:01] <adrianfarrel> @meetecho
[00:43:12] <adrianfarrel> ...chairs say "no remote presos" thanks
[00:43:22] <Meetecho> adrianfarrel: tnx!
[00:45:14] <adrianfarrel> Flemming at mic
[00:45:47] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[00:46:05] <adrianfarrel> who read - <10
[00:46:17] <_Gilbert Clark_> *raises hand* will read
[00:46:22] <adrianfarrel> who will read ... >10
[00:47:09] <adrianfarrel> Flemming at mic
[00:47:27] <adrianfarrel> [I should have that in a fast key buffer]
[00:47:33] <adrianfarrel> 4. Architecture Discussion (10 min)
    - draft-ietf-dots-architecture-01 (Andrew Mortensen, 5 min)
    - Additional architecture discussion (5 min)  
https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/97/slides/slides-97-dots-architecture-draft-ietf-dots-architecture-01-00.pdf
[00:47:50] Eric Burger joins the room
[00:47:55] Peter Koch joins the room
[00:48:06] Peter Koch leaves the room
[00:48:26] Adam Montville joins the room
[00:49:07] <Eric Burger> We can hear you in Meetecho-land
[00:49:40] eburger joins the room
[00:49:55] eburger leaves the room
[00:50:27] Andrew Sullivan joins the room
[00:53:58] <adrianfarrel> Roland at mic
[00:55:40] <adrianfarrel> Bob M at mic
[00:56:09] <adrianfarrel> Flemming at mic
[00:56:53] <adrianfarrel> That's Roland at mic
[00:57:09] <adrianfarrel> Nick T at mic
[00:58:17] <adrianfarrel> Rolnd at mic
[00:58:33] Satoru Kanno joins the room
[00:58:35] glen joins the room
Room Configuration
[00:58:51] Chatroom configuration modified
[00:59:09] <adrianfarrel> 5. Data and Information Model(s) Discussion (15 min)
    - draft-andreasen-dots-info-data-model-01 (Flemming Andreasen, 10 min)
    - Additional discussion (5 min)
https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/97/slides/slides-97-dots-information-model-draft-andreasen-dots-info-data-model-01-00.pdf
Room Configuration
[01:00:14] Chatroom configuration modified
[01:00:43] glen leaves the room
[01:01:34] Tirumaleswar Reddy Konda leaves the room
[01:01:36] Tirumaleswar Reddy Konda joins the room
[01:02:35] Eric Burger leaves the room
[01:02:47] Peter Koch joins the room
[01:02:55] Eric Burger joins the room
[01:05:27] Alessandro Amirante leaves the room
[01:06:13] Koichiro Kishi joins the room
[01:08:54] <adrianfarrel> Roland at mic
[01:09:24] Adam Montville leaves the room
[01:10:19] <adrianfarrel> Bob M at mic
[01:10:27] <adrianfarrel> Roland at mic
[01:11:43] <adrianfarrel> Bob M at mic
[01:12:43] <adrianfarrel> Kathleen at mic
[01:13:52] <adrianfarrel> That was Andrew M
[01:14:07] <adrianfarrel> Kathleen was right about RFC 6973 number
[01:14:08] <Tirumaleswar Reddy Konda> If Agent-ID is used, it will be encrypted; see no privacy problem
[01:14:19] Adam Montville joins the room
[01:14:22] <adrianfarrel> are you asking for that at the mic?
[01:14:45] <Tirumaleswar Reddy Konda> no
[01:15:02] <adrianfarrel> ooops ;-)
[01:15:19] <adrianfarrel> Roland at mic
[01:15:37] Kyeong Tae Kim joins the room
[01:15:43] _Gilbert Clark_ leaves the room
[01:15:58] Gilbert Clark joins the room
[01:16:24] <adrianfarrel> Dave Dolson at mic
[01:17:10] <adrianfarrel> Nick T at mic
[01:17:10] <Tirumaleswar Reddy Konda> why can't recursive signaling be used to avoid re-direction during attack time ?
[01:17:34] <Tirumaleswar Reddy Konda> question at mic :)
[01:17:44] <adrianfarrel> ack
[01:17:47] Alessandro Amirante joins the room
[01:18:16] Alessandro Amirante leaves the room
[01:19:37] <adrianfarrel> looked at doc - not many
[01:19:45] <adrianfarrel> on right track - a few
[01:20:01] <adrianfarrel> negative question gets no objections
[01:20:45] <adrianfarrel> maybe 4 or 5 planning to read "soon"
[01:21:27] <Andrew Sullivan> I confess I have seriously been neglecting this work, so I'm basically a tourist today
[01:21:42] <adrianfarrel> Andrew M at mic
[01:21:45] <Andrew Sullivan> I actually need to review these things, however, so I will attempt to review next week
[01:21:54] <Andrew Sullivan> No promises
[01:24:19] Olafur joins the room
[01:24:29] <adrianfarrel> BTW this is Kathleen at mic
[01:24:48] <adrianfarrel> Roland at mic
[01:25:14] Eric Burger leaves the room
[01:25:28] Eric Burger joins the room
[01:26:34] <adrianfarrel> Nick T t mic
[01:28:03] <Andrew Sullivan> Andrew's in the room :)
[01:28:25] <adrianfarrel> Adrian at mic
[01:28:40] <adrianfarrel> ...But too lazy to stand up
[01:28:57] <Andrew Sullivan> Yes, and also that was a pretty non-committal commitment I made
[01:29:07] <Andrew Sullivan> which is why I didn't get up (or put up my hand)
[01:29:13] <adrianfarrel> 6. Protocol Drafts (40 min)
    - draft-teague-dots-protocol-01 (Andrew Mortensen and Nik Teague, 15 min)
https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/97/slides/slides-97-dots-protocol-presentation-draft-teague-dots-protocol-01-00.pdf
[01:30:43] Eric Burger leaves the room
[01:30:50] Eric Burger joins the room
[01:34:24] Adam Montville leaves the room
[01:38:12] <adrianfarrel> Andrew M at mic
[01:39:00] <adrianfarrel> 6. Protocol Drafts (40 min)
    - draft-doron-dots-telemetry-00 (Frank Xia, 15 min)
https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/97/slides/slides-97-dots-telemetry-presentation-draft-doron-dots-telemetry-00-00.pdf
[01:41:22] Eric Burger leaves the room
[01:41:36] Eric Burger joins the room
[01:43:15] <adrianfarrel> Andrew M at mic
[01:44:07] <adrianfarrel> Roland at mic
[01:51:03] <adrianfarrel> This is Roland at mic
[01:52:08] <adrianfarrel> Nik T at mic
[01:53:50] <adrianfarrel> Chris M at mic
[01:56:22] <adrianfarrel> Roman at mic
[01:59:40] <adrianfarrel> Barry G at mic
[02:01:16] <adrianfarrel> Roland at mic
[02:01:43] <adrianfarrel> Flemming at mic
[02:02:07] <adrianfarrel> 6. Protocol Drafts (40 min)
    - draft-reddy-dots-signal-channel-04 (Flemming Andreasen, 10 min)
https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/97/slides/slides-97-dots-protocol-draft-presentation-draft-reddy-dots-signal-channel-02-00.pdf
[02:05:24] Olafur leaves the room
[02:07:46] <adrianfarrel> 7. Related Work (10 min)
    - draft-moskowitz-dots-identities-00 (Robert Moskowitz, 10 min)
https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/97/slides/slides-97-dots-dots-identities-draft-moskowitz-dots-identities-00-00.pdf
[02:08:28] danyork leaves the room: Disconnected: closed
[02:08:30] <adrianfarrel> ..... With open mic coming up, if you want to pipeline any questions from jabber, start typing now.
Just prefix with "OPEN MIC:"
[02:09:51] <Andrew Sullivan> This all sounds like "use ACE", AFAICT
[02:10:37] <Andrew Sullivan> Sorry, typo, ACME
[02:10:53] <bortzmeyer> Andrew Sullivan: such a nice identity framework could be useful for many IETF protocols!
[02:11:02] <Andrew Sullivan> true that
[02:11:29] <Andrew Sullivan> Oh, I see why it's not that
[02:14:55] <adrianfarrel> Tobias at mic
[02:16:39] <adrianfarrel> Roland at mic
[02:17:40] <adrianfarrel> NIk T at mic
[02:19:27] <adrianfarrel> Tobias at mic
[02:19:27] <Gilbert Clark> still not seeing how this directly relates to DOTS, though?  I get that DOTS could possibly use it, maybe, but why would it be tied to this group?  Did I just miss that part?
[02:19:47] <adrianfarrel> That was the answer I heard
[02:20:00] <adrianfarrel> i.e. DOTS is the first to ask for it
[02:20:05] <adrianfarrel> as Tobias just said
[02:20:21] <Gilbert Clark> ok
[02:20:59] <bortzmeyer> This identity proposal  really seems worth of its own WG
[02:21:06] <adrianfarrel> Kathleen at mic
[02:22:57] <adrianfarrel> 8. Open Mic (10 min)
[02:23:12] <adrianfarrel> Dave Dolson at mic
[02:23:57] <adrianfarrel> Bob M
[02:24:51] <adrianfarrel> Flemming
[02:25:27] <adrianfarrel> Dave D
[02:25:52] Andrew Sullivan leaves the room
[02:26:03] <adrianfarrel> Flemming
[02:26:42] <adrianfarrel> Gilbert in Meetecho
[02:26:54] Nathalie Coupet joins the room
[02:27:22] <adrianfarrel> Bob M
[02:28:08] <adrianfarrel> Nik T
[02:28:20] Peter Koch leaves the room
[02:30:03] <adrianfarrel> Meeting Closed
[02:30:09] <Gilbert Clark> thanks all :)
[02:30:09] adrianfarrel leaves the room
[02:30:11] <Nathalie Coupet> Bye
[02:30:39] Meetecho leaves the room
[02:31:34] Koichiro Kishi leaves the room
[02:31:35] Tirumaleswar Reddy Konda leaves the room
[02:32:22] danyork joins the room
[02:33:35] Jon Hudson leaves the room
[02:33:35] Eric Burger leaves the room
[02:33:35] Satoru Kanno leaves the room
[02:46:49] Adam Montville joins the room
[02:47:15] bortzmeyer leaves the room
[02:48:36] bortzmeyer joins the room
[02:52:21] bortzmeyer leaves the room
[02:52:36] Adam Montville leaves the room
[03:00:27] Olafur joins the room
[03:43:13] Olafur leaves the room
[03:47:57] Peter Koch joins the room
[04:03:04] Peter Koch leaves the room
[04:06:16] danyork leaves the room: Disconnected: closed
[04:54:50] Simon Romano leaves the room
[06:21:50] Simon Romano joins the room
[06:30:50] Simon Romano leaves the room