IETF
dots
dots@jabber.ietf.org
Thursday, July 19, 2018< ^ >
Morton has set the subject to: DOTS Meeting - IETF 97
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[19:38:48] meetecho joins the room
[19:44:29] l4BrLjRH joins the room
[19:45:10] Yuhei Hayashi joins the room
[19:45:37] Christopher Inacio joins the room
[19:45:37] Jon Shallow joins the room
[19:45:39] <Yuhei Hayashi> Hello
[19:46:22] <Christopher Inacio> hello, I will be jabber scribing the meeting today, if you want something voiced at the mic, please prefix that with "mic:"
[19:46:26] <Christopher Inacio> thanks
[19:46:31] danielking.net joins the room
[19:46:44] <Christopher Inacio> (of course if you're fully in meetecho, you can join the virtual queue too)
[19:49:04] Peter Knight joins the room
[19:52:31] Stephanie Huguenin joins the room
[19:52:39] Satoru Kanno joins the room
[20:01:31] kaduk@jabber.org/barnowl joins the room
[20:04:02] Roland Dobbins joins the room
[20:31:43] <meetecho> FYI for chairs, since you're using the virtual queue for this presentation, you'll have to temporarily kick Yuhei from the floor to allow Roland to intervene
[20:32:10] <Roland Dobbins> Never mind.
[20:32:12] <Roland Dobbins> Audio issues.
[20:32:25] <Christopher Inacio> k
[20:32:36] Bo YANG joins the room
[20:32:38] <Christopher Inacio> I can echo if you want
[20:34:46] <Roland Dobbins> Christopher, where are the audio settings for Meetcho in Chrome?  I can't find any widget which seems to allow alteration of audio device selection.
[20:35:00] <Christopher Inacio> meetecho can you help
[20:35:06] <Christopher Inacio> I'm not really sure
[20:35:16] <Roland Dobbins> Doh, no problem.
[20:35:23] <Roland Dobbins> meetcho, you there?
[20:35:24] <meetecho> Roland Dobbins: I don't think you can change the settings while the call is on
[20:35:35] <meetecho> Have you done a selftest check before joining?
[20:35:37] <Roland Dobbins> OK, how do you change it when off the call?
[20:35:57] <Roland Dobbins> It seemed to pass.  Ill drop out and try again.
[20:36:07] Roland Dobbins leaves the room
[20:36:17] <meetecho> You can find the exact section clicking the mic or webcam icon in the upper right, in the navigation bar
[20:42:23] Roland Dobbins joins the room
[20:42:55] Stephanie Huguenin leaves the room
[20:44:55] Simon Pietro Romano joins the room
[20:45:48] Philippe Bergeon joins the room
[20:59:07] Abuzafor Rasal joins the room
[21:06:13] <Roland Dobbins> Can't hear me, eh?
[21:06:17] <Christopher Inacio> nope
[21:06:31] <meetecho> Roland, can you see the volume meter moving below your name?
[21:06:34] <meetecho> When you talk?
[21:06:43] <Roland Dobbins> DOTS is not intended to be a fulll inter-vendor control channel.
[21:06:43] <meetecho> If not, the browser is not capturing your mic
[21:07:00] <Roland Dobbins> There are an infinitude of possible DDoS attack types.
[21:07:03] <meetecho> (or the mic is muted in the OS mixer, possibly)
[21:07:10] <Roland Dobbins> Deiffernt vendors use different paradigms.
[21:07:24] <Roland Dobbins> We should stickto signaling, for now.
[21:07:32] <Roland Dobbins> Let's take this up as a possible extensions
[21:07:38] <Roland Dobbins> That's all.
[21:08:45] <Roland Dobbins> That's obsolete.
[21:08:51] <Christopher Inacio> mic it?
[21:08:57] <Roland Dobbins> Yes, please.
[21:09:08] <Roland Dobbins> The old RFC with a partial DDoS taxonomy is obsolete.
[21:09:14] <Roland Dobbins> No, don't check it.
[21:09:31] <Roland Dobbins> I don't understand the question.
[21:10:55] <Roland Dobbins> This is unnecessary.  It can be done out-of-band.  Again, let's take this up as a possible extension.
[21:11:01] <Roland Dobbins> I do not agree that it's important.
[21:11:31] Roland Dobbins leaves the room
[21:12:00] Satoru Kanno leaves the room
[21:12:00] <Christopher Inacio> wasn't sure if I should have mic'ed that
[21:12:11] <Christopher Inacio> although it seems the room was in general agreement with you
[21:14:03] Roland Dobbins joins the room
[21:14:15] Bo YANG leaves the room
[21:18:36] <kaduk@jabber.org/barnowl> For the use-cases doc, the -16 already exists, and does include the
WGLC feedback.  (It just got submitted today.)
[21:18:48] <Christopher Inacio> mic it?
[21:18:51] <kaduk@jabber.org/barnowl> nah
[21:18:56] <Christopher Inacio> okay
[21:20:39] <kaduk@jabber.org/barnowl> Third time's the charm?
[21:20:42] <Roland Dobbins> More of the extensions stuff.
[21:21:02] <Christopher Inacio> ??
[21:21:05] <Roland Dobbins> That's what I really see.
[21:21:14] <Roland Dobbins> More of the things we talked about as possible extensions.
[21:22:19] Jon Shallow leaves the room
[21:22:21] Philippe Bergeon leaves the room
[21:22:21] Roland Dobbins leaves the room
[21:22:21] Peter Knight leaves the room
[21:22:21] Simon Pietro Romano leaves the room
[21:22:21] Christopher Inacio leaves the room
[21:22:21] Abuzafor Rasal leaves the room
[21:22:21] Yuhei Hayashi leaves the room
[21:25:08] danielking.net leaves the room
[21:47:59] meetecho leaves the room
[22:08:26] kaduk@jabber.org/barnowl leaves the room