[14:55:51] --- LOGGING STARTED
[18:19:11] --- richard.barnes has joined
[18:19:23] --- Barbara Stark has joined
[18:19:33] <richard.barnes> Hey Barbara
[18:19:39] <Barbara Stark> Hey
[18:20:19] --- JamesWinterbottom has joined
[18:20:30] <JamesWinterbottom> I'm here, but not all there
[18:20:40] <richard.barnes> How's the weather in Atlanta today?
[18:21:24] <Barbara Stark> A bit chilly. Around 60 F I think. I bet Vancouver is freezing with those storms.
[18:21:36] <Barbara Stark> James, Are you feeling ill, AGAIN?
[18:22:09] <richard.barnes> yeah, my data so far indicate that the sun does not exist in Canada
[18:22:28] <JamesWinterbottom> I have been really well on this trip thanks Barbara
[18:22:47] <Barbara Stark> Oh, that's cruel to go from Australia to Vancouver in December.
[18:23:23] <JamesWinterbottom> yes, but Friday was really sunny
[18:23:41] <JamesWinterbottom> I will send a few pictures a bit later, for those that don't believe that the sun shines here (sometimes)
[18:25:56] <richard.barnes> agenda bashing
[18:26:42] <JamesWinterbottom> Lost has comments from the IESG
[18:26:46] <JamesWinterbottom> these are editorial
[18:28:41] --- hardie@jabber.psg.com has joined
[18:29:13] <richard.barnes> Pushing location hiding discussion to the end
[18:30:04] <richard.barnes> Roger giving the status update
[18:30:36] <richard.barnes> Henning: Service URN is awaiting a couple of minor changes, then back in the queue
[18:30:40] <JamesWinterbottom> I have been asked to take notes too
[18:30:49] --- stpeter has joined
[18:31:10] <stpeter> JamesWinterbottom: thanks for scribing :)
[18:36:57] <stpeter> Ted Hardie is discussing the LoST drafts
[18:41:46] --- Randy has joined
[18:44:07] <stpeter> framework 04
[18:44:30] <stpeter> need decisions on unauthenticated access and location hiding
[18:46:12] --- xiaodong has joined
[18:47:49] <Barbara Stark> Oh no! Audio just disappeared!
[18:48:10] <stpeter> Barbara Stark: uh-oh
[18:48:42] <stpeter> Barbara Stark: I'll note that to the physical room
[18:49:08] <JamesWinterbottom> Can you hear again?
[18:49:18] --- tina has joined
[18:49:27] <stpeter> Barbara Stark: we'll perhaps need to scribe more accurately now :)
[18:49:32] <Barbara Stark> No. Can y'all jabber a little more?
[18:49:43] <tina> we' r waiting 4 Henning to show the slides on his laptop
[18:49:45] <stpeter> Barbara Stark: always happy to jabber
[18:50:36] <stpeter> we're still waiting
[18:50:36] <stpeter> ok
[18:50:36] <stpeter> Henning
[18:50:44] <stpeter> lost-sync-00
[18:50:50] <stpeter> is this going in the right direction?
[18:50:58] <richard.barnes> (slide 2)
[18:51:06] <stpeter> sync of forest guides, resolver clusters, and authoritative servers
[18:51:19] <stpeter> richard.barnes: I don't think remote people have the slides, do they?
[18:51:41] <Barbara Stark> Yes, we have slides
[18:51:50] <stpeter> aha ok that helps
[18:51:51] <richard.barnes> (slide 3)
[18:52:41] --- =JeffH has joined
[18:53:13] <stpeter> yay, an i-name :)
[18:53:14] <richard.barnes> (slide 4 -- how the mapping arch works)
[18:53:20] <richard.barnes> (slide 5)
[18:54:27] <stpeter> James Winterbottom @ mic
[18:54:47] <stpeter> he would like the same mappings to configure his LoST server in the first place
[18:55:19] <richard.barnes> idea is that the <mapping> elements in the sync are the same as in a LoST response
[18:55:30] <stpeter> richard.barnes: right
[18:55:50] <stpeter> I have not followed LoST closely so I may be missing context...
[18:59:57] <richard.barnes> james: want an explicit statement that the formats are the same
[19:00:09] <richard.barnes> rosen: probably not going to be able to use this in north america, it'll be GSI
[19:00:11] <richard.barnes> GIS
[19:00:46] <Barbara Stark> Audio is back. :)
[19:01:00] <richard.barnes> ted: it's been useful in the DNS community to have a canonical format
[19:01:02] <stpeter> ok good
[19:02:22] <stpeter> Roger Marshall @ mic
[19:02:39] <stpeter> nina is working on GML
[19:02:43] <hardie@jabber.psg.com> it's been useful; it's not all sweetness and light, though, trust me.
[19:02:51] <hardie@jabber.psg.com> St. Peter: NENA
[19:03:21] <stpeter> hardie: I don't know what I'm talking about here -- I suppose I'm LoST? ;-)
[19:03:34] <hardie@jabber.psg.com> Welcome to the club.
[19:04:16] <richard.barnes> (National Emergency Number Association)
[19:06:06] <stpeter> hmm, we could write an XMPP binding for LoST...
[19:08:57] <Barbara Stark> Hum for -- for what it's worth.
[19:09:13] <stpeter> James Winterbottom to the front
[19:09:16] <hardie@jabber.psg.com> St. Peter. Talk to me offline, if you are really interested.
[19:09:32] <stpeter> hardie: I'm going to chat with Hannes after this session, maybe it will come up
[19:09:45] <stpeter> hardie: I can't yet say that I'm really interested :)
[19:10:57] <stpeter> but note the word "yet"
[19:17:28] <hardie@jabber.psg.com> Thinking about, the BART tunnels in the SFBay area are the same problem as the mountain problem. The area above is Coast Guard, and the area below is BART police/fire.
[19:17:57] <hardie@jabber.psg.com> I think we're going to end up needing Z more often than we think
[19:18:28] <stpeter> right
[19:19:23] <stpeter> James Polk to the front
[19:19:25] <hardie@jabber.psg.com> yeah. And they're *both* holes in the overall response system.
[19:19:31] <stpeter> resource priority namespace
[19:19:46] <hardie@jabber.psg.com> though I don't think BART has its own PSAP, so that's something.
[19:22:12] <stpeter> ]James lifts his chair as a defense against Henning]
[19:22:18] <stpeter> (thus the laughter)
[19:22:40] <Barbara Stark> Audio disappeared again.
[19:23:32] <stpeter> ok
[19:23:47] <stpeter> I think it's a general issue, other sessions have the same problem
[19:24:22] <stpeter> Henning: using resource priority to indicate that this is an emergency call seems like a layering problem or misuse
[19:24:30] <stpeter> Brian Rosen
[19:24:33] <stpeter> @ mic
[19:24:46] <stpeter> thinks this is very useful within IP network
[19:25:09] <stpeter> important to capture priority
[19:25:37] <stpeter> may also be useful in a public context
[19:25:53] <Barbara Stark> Audio is back. I hope it stays.
[19:27:06] <stpeter> Jon Peterson @ mic
[19:27:24] <stpeter> JP: confusing to have multiple markups (echoes Henning)
[19:27:39] <stpeter> JP: what are the domains of applicability?
[19:28:46] <stpeter> Richard Barnes @ mic
[19:29:03] <stpeter> differentiation among types of emergency calls
[19:31:04] <stpeter> Ted Hardie: "sos" may be overloaded, perhaps call it "esrp"
[19:31:46] <stpeter> Keith Drage
[19:31:49] <stpeter> @ mic
[19:32:57] <stpeter> he supports this draft to differentiate among types of emergency calls
[19:36:13] --- Barbara Stark has left
[19:36:33] --- Barbara Stark has joined
[19:39:02] <Barbara Stark> Who iss talking?
[19:41:31] <hardie@jabber.psg.com> But you get silly states really easily here, though with policing
[19:43:12] <hardie@jabber.psg.com> that is: if I looked at both and they don't agree, what do I do?
[19:43:46] <stpeter> Jon Peterson process question: perhaps this belongs in SIP?
[19:44:45] <stpeter> Hannes presenting
[19:47:36] <Barbara Stark> What's he saying? Audio webt away again.
[19:47:52] <stpeter> Barbara Stark: I'm lost
[19:48:09] <richard.barnes> Hannes is talking about unauthenticated access
[19:48:11] <hardie@jabber.psg.com> They're talking about simless phone calls
[19:48:42] <hardie@jabber.psg.com> They're often bogus, but some jurisdictions will keep them, as they have documented saving lives from unauthenticated phones.
[19:48:57] --- mlepinski has joined
[19:55:07] --- Randy has left
[19:56:26] --- hardie@jabber.psg.com has left
[19:58:06] --- xiaodong has left
[20:01:59] <stpeter> Henning presenting about location hiding
[20:02:31] <stpeter> Henning: has ethical problems with location hiding
[20:02:53] <stpeter> any location hiding is technically inferior
[20:03:17] <stpeter> more complex, does not allow user to obtain location ahead of time, harder to debug, additional failure modes
[20:03:24] <stpeter> favores one tyhpe of business model over another
[20:03:54] <stpeter> reference to RFC 3595
[20:04:06] <stpeter> (IETF mission statement)
[20:05:03] <stpeter> Brian Rosen @ mic
[20:09:31] --- xiaodong has joined
[20:11:22] --- xiaodong has left: Replaced by new connection
[20:12:10] --- mlepinski has left
[20:16:41] <=JeffH> u guys done?
[20:17:34] <Barbara Stark> No. Discussion is lively.
[20:17:34] <JamesWinterbottom> No note takers and people have just been up the mike
[20:18:07] <Barbara Stark> Henning is going through his slides. He wants a technical warning. Brian agreed to warning.
[20:18:55] <Barbara Stark> What did Henning say?
[20:19:25] <Barbara Stark> Room: It's not ok to restrict to civic.
[20:19:52] <JamesWinterbottom> Room is okay to use the civic restriction
[20:20:02] --- =JeffH has left: Logged out
[20:20:05] <stpeter> well that was dramatic :)
[20:20:10] --- richard.barnes has left
[20:20:11] <JamesWinterbottom> It is less ken (namely me) of performing geodetic intersections on the LIS
[20:20:34] <JamesWinterbottom> Brian as agreed to take that suggestiuon back to the list and the carriers
[20:20:38] <JamesWinterbottom> We are done now
[20:20:53] <Barbara Stark> It depends on what he means by restrict. If he means TBD afterwards ok. If never, not ok.
[20:20:54] <stpeter> Barbara Stark: you'll have to ask people who were here for a report, I think
[20:21:36] --- Barbara Stark has left
[20:21:42] --- JamesWinterbottom has left
[20:25:44] --- stpeter has left
[20:41:18] --- tina has left
[23:04:06] --- =JeffH has joined
[23:40:56] --- =JeffH has left