IETF
idr
idr@jabber.ietf.org
Thursday, March 6, 2014< ^ >
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[13:00:44] wesgeorge joins the room
[13:02:24] <wesgeorge> sue hares going over document status
[13:02:26] <wesgeorge> http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/89/slides/slides-89-idr-7.pdf
[13:02:33] <wesgeorge> slide stats of documents
[13:03:10] <wesgeorge> slide 6
[13:03:29] <wesgeorge> slide “moving to RFC or flush”
[13:03:45] Dan York joins the room
[13:04:34] <wesgeorge> slide questions
[13:04:43] Juan P. Cerezo joins the room
[13:05:31] <wesgeorge> jeff hass - adoption req for bgpflowspec
[13:05:36] <wesgeorge> did that miss your queue
[13:05:56] <wesgeorge> jgs now presenting http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/89/slides/slides-89-idr-0.pdf
[13:06:21] <wesgeorge> slide 2
[13:06:44] <wesgeorge> 3
[13:07:44] Rob Evans joins the room
[13:07:52] <wesgeorge> slide 4
[13:08:51] Giovanni MARTINELLI joins the room
[13:09:23] <wesgeorge> slide 5
[13:09:51] <wesgeorge> if there’s anyone remote, please verify audio is good, and if you need jabber proxy, please preface your comments with “mic:”
[13:11:12] <wesgeorge> slide 6
[13:11:45] <wesgeorge> slide 7
[13:12:58] <wesgeorge> sue hares - would like more reviews
[13:13:00] <wesgeorge> questions?
[13:13:09] <wesgeorge> keyur patel
[13:13:38] <wesgeorge> draft is not an rfc, would it be fair that new drafts should follow the procedures vs 1771?
[13:13:48] <wesgeorge> scudded - yes, that would be prudent, good consensus
[13:13:56] <wesgeorge> surprised if it doesn’t make it to RFC
[13:16:18] thomas.mangin joins the room
[13:16:36] lochii joins the room
[13:16:43] <wesgeorge> Jeff haas - wiki, should add there
[13:16:51] <lochii> url?
[13:17:16] <wesgeorge> jeff will add in a moment
[13:17:36] <thomas.mangin> I made some late comment about AIGP but it was as : I was new to the list and I had just implemented it
[13:17:46] Doug Montgomery joins the room
[13:17:57] <wesgeorge> now reviewing http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/89/slides/slides-89-idr-9.pdf
[13:18:22] <wesgeorge> slide 2
[13:18:54] <wesgeorge> if you’re just joining and are remote, please preface comments you want proxied to the mic with “mic:”
[13:19:02] <wesgeorge> also would like confirmation that audio is ok
[13:20:24] <wesgeorge> ok… I’m assuming that no one is remote?
[13:20:41] <wesgeorge> slide 3
[13:21:14] <wesgeorge> slide 4
[13:21:46] <Dan York> wesgeorge: I'm monitoring from another room... but not audio.
[13:22:18] adrianolddog joins the room
[13:22:36] <wesgeorge> slide 5
[13:22:55] <wesgeorge> ok. do you need me to be more aggressive in scribing what’s being spoken/
[13:23:15] <Dan York> no, you're fine
[13:23:18] <wesgeorge> ok
[13:24:26] Alia Atlas joins the room
[13:25:12] <wesgeorge> slide 6
[13:25:26] <wesgeorge> slide 8
[13:26:05] <wesgeorge> questions?
[13:27:01] <wesgeorge> speaker: consider dropping 7.3
[13:27:08] <wesgeorge> a: mostly boilerplate leftover
[13:27:53] <wesgeorge> now http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/89/slides/slides-89-idr-1.pdf
[13:28:04] <wesgeorge> Oscar Gonzalez presenting
[13:28:23] <wesgeorge> slide 2
[13:29:06] <wesgeorge> slide 3
[13:30:30] <wesgeorge> slide 4
[13:32:00] <wesgeorge> slide 5
[13:33:15] <wesgeorge> slide 6
[13:35:01] <wesgeorge> questions?
[13:38:10] <wesgeorge> saikat ray now presenting http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/89/slides/slides-89-idr-6.pdf
[13:38:22] <wesgeorge> slide 2
[13:39:56] <wesgeorge> slide 3
[13:41:06] <wesgeorge> slide 4
[13:42:38] <wesgeorge> slide 5
[13:43:33] <wesgeorge> slide 6
[13:44:06] <wesgeorge> slide 7
[13:44:24] Doug Montgomery leaves the room
[13:44:31] <wesgeorge> slide 9
[13:44:34] Doug Montgomery joins the room
[13:44:55] <wesgeorge> questions
[13:45:11] <wesgeorge> shane am ante: good that we’re looking at extending segment routing for inter-as
[13:45:20] <wesgeorge> concern about label-stack gaps
[13:45:26] <wesgeorge> may have label-stacks per-AS
[13:45:35] <wesgeorge> you’re looking at pushing a much greater label stack
[13:45:39] <wesgeorge> is that ccrrect?
[13:45:59] <wesgeorge> a: in most cases you don’t have that big of a label stack
[13:46:02] <lochii> do we care if we only care about the top label (kompella discussion regarding spring entropy label depth aside)
[13:46:16] <wesgeorge> do you want that at the mic?
[13:46:22] <lochii> yes please
[13:46:26] <wesgeorge> ack
[13:46:40] <lochii> I’m actually in the room, but I won’t be able to fight my way to the mic
[13:48:20] <wesgeorge> you made it seem like you were in the middle of the extreme back row or something
[13:48:55] stefano previdi joins the room
[13:49:18] <adrianolddog> Hey, we have to support diversity. If someone is lazy, we should not discriminate against them.
[13:49:24] <wesgeorge> lol
[13:49:37] Pratima Kini joins the room
[13:50:23] Alia Atlas leaves the room
[13:51:16] <wesgeorge> now discussing http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/89/slides/slides-89-idr-8.pdf
[13:51:18] <wesgeorge> slide 2
[13:51:19] Alia Atlas joins the room
[13:51:20] <wesgeorge> same speaker
[13:51:39] <wesgeorge> slide 3
[13:52:55] <wesgeorge> slide 4
[13:53:14] Doug Montgomery leaves the room
[13:53:28] Jeffrey Haas joins the room
[13:53:49] <Jeffrey Haas> For those asking about the wiki: http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/idr/trac/wiki
[13:53:58] <wesgeorge> slide 5
[13:54:17] Doug Montgomery joins the room
[13:54:38] <wesgeorge> slide 6
[13:55:34] Dan York leaves the room
[13:56:02] <wesgeorge> slide 7
[13:56:10] Jeffrey Haas leaves the room
[13:56:46] Dan York joins the room
[13:58:16] Doug Montgomery leaves the room
[13:59:05] <wesgeorge> slide 8
[14:00:08] <wesgeorge> slide 9
[14:00:39] Giovanni MARTINELLI leaves the room
[14:01:50] <wesgeorge> need someone to take over jabber while i present
[14:02:07] Jeffrey Haas joins the room
[14:02:53] <Rob Evans> Wes George: AS Migration (draft-ietf-idr-as-migration)
[14:02:57] <Rob Evans> "The problem"
[14:03:04] <Rob Evans> "The solution"
[14:03:09] Doug Montgomery joins the room
[14:03:49] <Rob Evans> "Why does the IETF need to care?"
[14:04:32] <Rob Evans> "Draft progress"
[14:05:01] <Rob Evans> "Questions"
[14:05:08] Giovanni MARTINELLI joins the room
[14:05:10] Doug Montgomery joins the room
[14:05:23] Doug Montgomery leaves the room
[14:06:26] <Rob Evans> Q's from the floor? (lochii can walk to the mic himself.)
[14:06:35] <lochii> heh
[14:06:36] <thomas.mangin> LOL
[14:06:47] <Rob Evans> Ilya: Looks too much like a cookbook, will send proposed changes.
[14:07:31] <wesgeorge> thanks for the help
[14:07:41] <Rob Evans> NP.
[14:08:06] Jeffrey Haas leaves the room
[14:08:11] <wesgeorge> now reviewing http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/89/slides/slides-89-idr-4.pdf
[14:08:14] <wesgeorge> slide 2
[14:08:50] <wesgeorge> slide 34
[14:08:53] <wesgeorge> er 3
[14:09:15] Dan York leaves the room
[14:09:54] <wesgeorge> slide 4
[14:10:39] Doug Montgomery leaves the room
[14:10:58] <wesgeorge> slide 6
[14:11:00] <wesgeorge> 5
[14:12:09] <wesgeorge> slide 6
[14:12:44] Doug Montgomery joins the room
[14:13:14] <wesgeorge> slide 7
[14:13:47] Jared Mauch joins the room
[14:17:36] Juan P. Cerezo joins the room
[14:17:36] Juan P. Cerezo leaves the room
[14:18:05] Jared Mauch leaves the room
[14:20:21] Doug Montgomery leaves the room
[14:22:32] Rob Evans joins the room
[14:22:32] Rob Evans leaves the room
[14:23:10] <wesgeorge> now reviewing http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/89/slides/slides-89-idr-10.pdf
[14:23:12] <wesgeorge> slide 2
[14:23:52] <wesgeorge> slide 3
[14:24:32] Doug Montgomery joins the room
[14:24:33] <wesgeorge> slide 4
[14:26:22] <wesgeorge> slide 5
[14:26:27] <wesgeorge> slide 6
[14:26:41] Doug Montgomery leaves the room
[14:30:44] <wesgeorge> my comment for the record: this is a larger issue than just BGP and IDR, there are plenty of places in protocols where by convention and not by protocol requirement a 32bit identifier commonly inherits a value from an IPv4 address
[14:31:02] <wesgeorge> we need to make general guidance on how to get those identifiers populated if we really don’t have any IPv4 addresses on a box
[14:31:17] lochii leaves the room
[14:31:21] <wesgeorge> now presenting: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/89/slides/slides-89-idr-3.pdf
[14:31:40] Carlos Martinez Cagnazzo joins the room
[14:31:42] <wesgeorge> that work belongs in v6ops, intarea or sunset4, stop working on this draft
[14:31:54] <wesgeorge> slide 2
[14:32:44] Doug Montgomery joins the room
[14:32:44] Juan-Pedro Cerezo Martin joins the room
[14:32:48] <wesgeorge> slide 3
[14:34:13] <wesgeorge> questions?
[14:35:48] <wesgeorge> now http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/89/slides/slides-89-idr-2.pdf
[14:35:53] <wesgeorge> slide 2
[14:37:05] <wesgeorge> slide 3
[14:37:37] <wesgeorge> slide 4
[14:39:12] <wesgeorge> questions
[14:39:18] <wesgeorge> Jeff haas at the mic
[14:40:00] <wesgeorge> keyur patel
[14:43:21] Giovanni MARTINELLI leaves the room
[14:43:22] <wesgeorge> session ends
[14:43:26] Pratima Kini leaves the room
[14:43:29] wesgeorge leaves the room
[14:43:37] Doug Montgomery leaves the room
[14:44:09] stefano previdi leaves the room
[14:44:16] thomas.mangin leaves the room
[14:44:19] Alia Atlas leaves the room
[14:45:15] Rob Evans leaves the room
[14:45:17] Doug Montgomery joins the room
[14:48:55] adrianolddog leaves the room
[14:51:44] Doug Montgomery leaves the room
[14:55:01] Juan-Pedro Cerezo Martin leaves the room
[14:56:43] Carlos Martinez Cagnazzo leaves the room
[15:00:01] Juan P. Cerezo leaves the room
[15:14:16] lochii joins the room
[15:18:23] lochii leaves the room
[15:26:46] lochii joins the room
[15:33:10] Doug Montgomery joins the room
[15:38:07] lochii leaves the room
[15:38:12] lochii joins the room
[15:42:59] lochii leaves the room
[15:49:09] lochii joins the room
[15:54:29] lochii leaves the room
[15:58:54] lochii joins the room
[16:01:06] Carlos Martinez Cagnazzo joins the room
[16:16:00] Carlos Martinez Cagnazzo leaves the room
[16:26:28] Jeffrey Haas joins the room
[16:29:02] Doug Montgomery leaves the room
[16:35:10] Jeffrey Haas leaves the room
[16:38:05] Jared Mauch joins the room
[16:39:09] Jared Mauch leaves the room
[16:58:02] Giovanni MARTINELLI joins the room
[17:03:38] Giovanni MARTINELLI leaves the room
[17:07:00] lochii leaves the room
[17:08:47] Giovanni MARTINELLI joins the room
[17:09:36] Giovanni MARTINELLI leaves the room
[17:11:05] Juan P. Cerezo joins the room
[17:13:30] Juan P. Cerezo leaves the room
[17:19:33] lochii joins the room
[17:28:46] Juan-Pedro Cerezo Martin joins the room
[17:28:47] Juan-Pedro Cerezo Martin leaves the room
[17:33:57] lochii leaves the room
[17:41:24] Carlos Martinez Cagnazzo joins the room
[18:31:34] Carlos Martinez Cagnazzo leaves the room
[18:35:05] Carlos Martinez Cagnazzo joins the room
[19:28:01] Carlos Martinez Cagnazzo leaves the room
[22:07:07] Pratima Kini joins the room
[22:38:28] Pratima Kini leaves the room
[22:40:47] Pratima Kini joins the room
[23:03:28] Pratima Kini leaves the room
Powered by ejabberd Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!