IETF
intarea
intarea@jabber.ietf.org
Wednesday, 1 August 2012< ^ >
marka has set the subject to: INTAREA: Where to Go for Discussion
Room Configuration

GMT+0
[22:04:50] Tobia Castaldi joins the room
[22:06:38] fdupont joins the room
[22:09:47] AudioT joins the room
[22:12:06] Ryuji Wakikawa joins the room
[22:12:28] jinmei joins the room
[22:14:10] Satoru Kanno joins the room
[22:15:31] glennwparsons joins the room
[22:17:23] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 3: Agenda (2)
[22:18:15] <Tobia Castaldi> Hello folks. Meetecho is available @ www.meetecho.com/ietf84/intarea
[22:18:18] <Tobia Castaldi> If yuo already logged into the IETF jabber room, please use a different nickname when also joining Meetecho.
[22:18:41] <Tobia Castaldi> Presentation stopped
[22:19:14] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 1: Analysis of Solution Candidates to Revea
[22:19:20] <Tobia Castaldi> Current presenter: Dan Wing
[22:19:29] cheshire joins the room
[22:19:36] Yoshikazu GOTO joins the room
[22:19:38] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 2: Steps to Success
[22:19:41] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 3: Steps to Success
[22:20:17] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 4: 1. There Is an Engineering Problem
[22:20:21] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 5: RFC6269, Section 13.1
[22:20:28] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 6: IP Reputation
[22:20:40] Atarashi Yoshifumi joins the room
[22:20:54] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 7: Captcha challenge
[22:21:31] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 9: 2. Discuss Solutions (1/2)
[22:22:19] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 10: 2. Discuss Solutions (2/2)
[22:22:40] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 11: Steps to Success
[22:22:45] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 12: 3. Engineer the best solution
[22:23:00] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 13: Some Questions for the WG
[22:24:12] dyork joins the room
[22:24:26] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 9: 2. Discuss Solutions (1/2)
[22:24:29] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 10: 2. Discuss Solutions (2/2)
[22:26:40] cheshire leaves the room
[22:27:59] <dyork> Joel Halpern at mic
[22:28:45] cjbernardos joins the room
[22:29:08] <cjbernardos> jabber scribe here, sorry, I had some issues with my laptop
[22:29:35] <dyork> Great!
[22:29:36] wesley.m.eddy joins the room
[22:29:55] sarikaya2012 joins the room
[22:29:55] <dyork> I'm willing to back you up as jabber scribe if you need it
[22:30:03] <cjbernardos> OK, thanks
[22:31:31] <cjbernardos> Francis Dupont on the mic: two sides, client and server, it seems any solution needs some help on the server side, seems easier to solve the problem on the server side
[22:32:10] Yoshikazu GOTO leaves the room
[22:32:14] <cjbernardos> Francis Dupont: I don't beleive it's a good solution to solve it on the client side
[22:32:25] Yoshikazu GOTO joins the room
[22:32:47] arifumi joins the room
[22:33:46] <cjbernardos> Carlos (on the mic): there is definitely a problem. One thing to be consider: how long it will take for this of any solution to get deployed, this restricts the option that you have
[22:34:09] Hugo Salgado joins the room
[22:36:15] <Tobia Castaldi> for remote partipipants...
[22:36:23] <Tobia Castaldi> Meetecho is available @ www.meetecho.com/ietf84/intarea
[22:36:28] <Tobia Castaldi> If yuo already logged into the IETF jabber room, please use a different nickname when also joining Meetecho.
[22:36:49] Hugo Salgado leaves the room
[22:37:06] <cjbernardos> Discussion on host ID and privacy
[22:37:44] <cjbernardos> Francis Dupont: About IPv6, it does not solve the problem
[22:39:48] <cjbernardos> Comment on the mic: thanks for the presentation, did you consider the solution of indent?
[22:41:41] <cjbernardos> Comment on the mic: solution is to use the solutions we already have
[22:42:25] <cjbernardos> Suresh (chair): ask show of hands, do you think the problem address by the draft is real?
[22:42:27] Wes George joins the room
[22:42:34] <cjbernardos> few voted yes
[22:43:15] <cjbernardos> Suresh (chair) ask about value of the document reporting pros and cons and stopping there
[22:43:28] <cjbernardos> Suresh asks about how many people read the draft
[22:43:57] <cjbernardos> Suresh asks how many people would be in favour of removing recommendations from the draft and make it progress
[22:45:20] <cjbernardos> Tim on the mic: the draft is missing a category of solutions, but not objecting to any decision the group makes about document progress
[22:46:52] <cjbernardos> Suresh: how about adding to the document some text about the existance of another category of solutions that use out-of-band signaling between content provider and the isp
[22:47:15] dthaler joins the room
[22:47:45] <cjbernardos> Lorenzo on the mic: asks if the question is going from a document with 7 types of sdolutions to one with 9
[22:47:58] <cjbernardos> Lorenzo questions the validity of a document with 9 types of solutions
[22:48:13] <cjbernardos> Lorenzo: without stating what to do
[22:49:17] <cjbernardos> Some people doubt the validity of a document that just lists pros and cons
[22:49:33] <cjbernardos> Suresh: we take it on the list, we are still confused
[22:49:42] <cjbernardos> We change the order of presentations
[22:49:45] <cjbernardos> Charlie goes noe
[22:49:49] <cjbernardos> http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/84/slides/slides-84-intarea-6.pptx
[22:49:50] <Tobia Castaldi> Presentation stopped
[22:50:09] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 1: IEEE OmniRAN for Heterogeneous Networks
[22:50:24] <cjbernardos> slide 2
[22:50:31] <Tobia Castaldi> Current presenter: Charlie Perkins
[22:50:31] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 1: IEEE OmniRAN for Heterogeneous Networks
[22:50:31] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 2: Introduction
[22:50:46] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 3: OmniRAN Expectations
[22:51:02] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 4: IEEE 802 OmniRAN fills a gap
[22:51:09] sarikaya2012 leaves the room
[22:51:10] cjbernardos leaves the room
[22:51:17] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 5: OmniRAN Architecture
[22:51:30] sarikaya2012 joins the room
[22:52:20] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 1: IEEE OmniRAN for Heterogeneous Networks
[22:52:38] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 5: OmniRAN Architecture
[22:53:29] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 6: OmniRAN Functionality Menu
[22:53:49] cjbernardos joins the room
[22:54:03] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 7: OmniRAN and IP Mobility
[22:54:30] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 6: OmniRAN Functionality Menu
[22:54:36] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 7: OmniRAN and IP Mobility
[22:54:59] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 8: Conclusions / Recommendations
[22:55:24] Atarashi Yoshifumi leaves the room
[22:55:29] <cjbernardos> Brian Haberman (AD) on the mic
[22:56:11] <cjbernardos> Brian Haberman: IEEE interested on having people on the IETF working on this, as it evolves you'll have news on that
[22:56:38] <Tobia Castaldi> Presentation stopped
[22:57:03] <cjbernardos> http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/84/slides/slides-84-intarea-2.pdf
[22:57:05] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 1: Multi-homing with IPv6-to-IPv6 Network P
[22:57:07] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 2: Status
[22:58:24] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 3: Address Translation Types
[23:01:38] <cjbernardos> Slide 4
[23:02:26] <cjbernardos> Slide 5
[23:02:32] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 4: Operational Issues
[23:02:34] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 5: The Referral Problem
[23:03:52] <cjbernardos> Slide 6
[23:06:47] <cjbernardos> Guy from Huawei on the mic: without application people this (referral) problem cannot be solved
[23:06:58] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 6: A Way Forward For The Current Draft
[23:08:20] <cjbernardos> Dave Thaler on the mic: referral problem is not new, but difference with existing referral problems and the one being described here, this is not a short-term problem requiring a short-term solution
[23:08:48] flee joins the room
[23:11:09] <cjbernardos> Lorenzo on the mic
[23:13:15] Atarashi Yoshifumi joins the room
[23:13:31] Atarashi Yoshifumi leaves the room
[23:15:11] <cjbernardos> Comment on the mic: working on the referral problem should not block this draft
[23:16:22] <Tobia Castaldi> for remote participants, Meetecho is available @ www.meetecho.com/ietf84/intarea
[23:16:25] <Tobia Castaldi> If yuo already logged into the IETF jabber room, please use a different nickname when also joining Meetecho.
[23:16:53] <cjbernardos> Margaret on the mic: let's solve the referral problem in a proposed standard
[23:17:50] <cjbernardos> Ross on the mic: agrees with Margaret
[23:22:53] <Tobia Castaldi> Presentation stopped
[23:23:02] <cjbernardos> http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/84/slides/slides-84-intarea-3.ppt
[23:23:05] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 1: IPv6 Flow Label for Server Load Balancin
[23:23:13] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 2: Draft structure
[23:23:14] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 3: Scenario Diagram
[23:23:17] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 2: Draft structure
[23:23:56] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 3: Scenario Diagram
[23:24:41] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 4: Core of draft-carpenter-flow-label-balan
[23:24:55] cheshire joins the room
[23:26:34] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 5: Possible Benefits
[23:28:31] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 6: Next steps for draft-carpenter-flow-labe
[23:29:14] John Demco joins the room
[23:29:26] <cjbernardos> Suresh (as individual contributor): the problem with this draft is that we don't have the expertise on load balancing
[23:29:42] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 1: IPv6 Flow Label for Server Load Balancin
[23:30:15] <Tobia Castaldi> Presentation stopped
[23:30:35] <cjbernardos> Suresh (as chair): how about if we go for another review or two and then we ask for adoption on the mailing list
[23:30:50] <cjbernardos> http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/84/slides/slides-84-intarea-4.pdf
[23:31:11] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 1: Scaling the Address Resolution Protocol
[23:31:17] <Tobia Castaldi> Current presenter: Tal Mizranhi
[23:31:19] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 2: Background - Multi-site Datacenter
[23:31:53] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 3: Background
[23:32:21] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 4: Background – Proxy ARP
[23:33:08] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 5: SARP
[23:33:18] John Demco leaves the room
[23:35:18] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 6: SARP Cache
[23:36:05] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 7: SARP – Data Plane
[23:36:51] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 8: SARP – MAC Address Tables
[23:37:42] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 9: SARP – ARP Broadcast Domains
[23:38:01] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 10: SARP over Overlay Network
[23:38:06] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 11: SARP with VM Migration
[23:38:37] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 12: Next Steps
[23:40:13] <cjbernardos> Question on the mic: are we doing IPv4-specific work?
[23:40:37] <cjbernardos> Suresh: we take that on the mailing list
[23:41:12] <cjbernardos> Dave Thaler on the mic: it seems to me that the problem is not IPv4-specific. If that's true, then you want to do a solution that is not IPv4-specific
[23:41:51] <cjbernardos> Ralph Droms (as WG member): has this solution being dicussed in the mailing list?
[23:41:58] <Tobia Castaldi> Presentation stopped
[23:42:06] <cjbernardos> http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/84/slides/slides-84-intarea-5.pdf
[23:42:51] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 1: IEEE Registration Authority
[23:42:59] <Tobia Castaldi> Current presenter: Glenn Parsons
[23:43:00] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 1: IEEE Registration Authority
[23:43:35] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 2: RAC Members
[23:43:41] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 3: RAC Mission
[23:44:21] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 4: Current RAC Policy on virtualization
[23:47:02] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 5: Is virtualization the problem?
[23:47:32] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 6: Some responses
[23:48:48] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 7: Suggested Solutions?
[23:51:18] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 8: New Proposed OUI-based Registries
[23:51:22] Ryuji Wakikawa leaves the room
[23:52:27] flee leaves the room
[23:53:49] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 10: Your input is requested
[23:54:39] fdupont leaves the room: Computer went to sleep
[23:56:44] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 8: New Proposed OUI-based Registries
[23:58:14] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 10: Your input is requested
[23:58:49] Scott Brim joins the room
[23:59:07] <Scott Brim> Hi. Is someone jabberscribing?
[23:59:14] <cjbernardos> yes, me
[23:59:18] <Scott Brim> thank you
[23:59:42] <cjbernardos> Pat Thaler is on the mic, we are about to be done
Powered by ejabberd Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!