IETF
intarea
intarea@jabber.ietf.org
Monday, July 16, 2018< ^ >
marka has set the subject to: INTAREA: Where to Go for Discussion
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[12:00:14] Peter van Dijk joins the room
[16:36:49] Peter van Dijk leaves the room: Stream reset by peer
[16:36:55] Peter van Dijk joins the room
[16:37:02] Peter van Dijk leaves the room: Stream reset by peer
[16:48:29] Peter van Dijk joins the room
[19:34:31] meetecho joins the room
[19:41:06] 1OFeyjif joins the room
[19:45:11] Vladimir Olteanu joins the room
[19:45:20] Peter van Dijk (PowerDNS) joins the room
[19:45:31] Ted Lemon joins the room
[19:46:23] Huaru Yang joins the room
[19:49:28] Huaru Yang leaves the room
[19:50:23] Bjorn Hjelm joins the room
[19:51:31] Brian Carpenter joins the room
[19:52:45] <Peter van Dijk (PowerDNS)> the remote audio from this microphone is quite bad
[19:52:51] <Brian Carpenter> testing....
[19:53:04] enordmark joins the room
[19:54:23] <Brian Carpenter> Minimal jabber scribing today, because I'm a slow typer...
[19:55:01] <Ted Lemon> I don't think that scribing is really all that useful.   Relaying is useful.  I find the term "jabber scribe" confusing, which is why I'm reluctant to say yes to it.
[19:55:17] g.e.montenegro joins the room
[19:55:52] Juan P. Cerezo joins the room
[19:57:07] Stephanie Huguenin joins the room
[19:57:38] Bernie Volz joins the room
[19:58:32] <Brian Carpenter> Discovering Provisioning Domain Names and Data, Eric Vyncke, draft-ietf-intarea-provisioning-domains-02
[20:00:48] <Brian Carpenter> now on slide 3
[20:01:58] <Brian Carpenter> slide 4
[20:02:05] <Brian Carpenter> slide 5
[20:04:01] Peter Koch joins the room
[20:05:47] <Brian Carpenter> SOCKS v6, Vladimir Oltenau,   draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-02
[20:07:01] <Peter van Dijk (PowerDNS)> the audio from this remote presenter is wonderful, compared to the room!
[20:07:52] Peter Koch leaves the room
[20:08:09] <Brian Carpenter> now on slide 3
[20:08:12] <Brian Carpenter> ...4
[20:09:27] <Brian Carpenter> slide 5
[20:09:46] <Brian Carpenter> ...6
[20:10:39] <Brian Carpenter> slide 7
[20:10:42] <Brian Carpenter> ...8
[20:12:04] <Brian Carpenter> slide 10
[20:12:13] <Brian Carpenter> ...11
[20:12:33] <Brian Carpenter> ...12
[20:13:03] <Brian Carpenter> ...13
[20:13:19] H. Anthony Chan joins the room
[20:14:41] <Brian Carpenter> slide 14
[20:17:28] Ted Lemon leaves the room: Stream closed by us: Timed out waiting for stream resumption (connection-timeout)
[20:19:37] Guangpeng Li joins the room
[20:21:49] <meetecho> We've been told there are some issues in the audio stream for remotees? Is this for the room audio, remote presenter, both? Any mic in particular?
[20:22:12] <Peter van Dijk (PowerDNS)> @meetecho the remote presenter is awesome except some echo some times (which imght be coming from the room audio in fact?)
[20:22:16] <Peter van Dijk (PowerDNS)> @meetecho the room audio is terrible
[20:22:29] <Peter van Dijk (PowerDNS)> @meetecho minor difference between room mics but all bad
[20:22:30] <Brian Carpenter> Chairman's mike is the problem (as it was this morning). Chairs are using the other mike.
[20:23:12] <Brian Carpenter> ICN-IPv6, Luca Muscariello,  draft-muscariello-intarea-hicn-00
[20:23:24] <meetecho> Got it, so it's probably an issue with the mixer: we'll have a look later, probably during the pauses (as it will likely require tinkering with cables and we don't want to dirsupt the meeting)
[20:23:33] Juan P. Cerezo leaves the room
[20:24:44] <Peter van Dijk (PowerDNS)> @meetecho all of that makes sense; thanks!
[20:25:29] Simon Pietro Romano joins the room
[20:25:55] <Brian Carpenter> Now on slide 4
[20:27:20] H. Anthony Chan leaves the room
[20:27:21] H. Anthony Chan joins the room
[20:27:44] Vladimir Olteanu leaves the room
[20:27:54] <Brian Carpenter> slide 5
[20:30:18] <Brian Carpenter> slide 9 now
[20:33:27] <Brian Carpenter> Hmm... this mechanism reminds me of https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-draft-draft-00
[20:33:51] <Brian Carpenter> slide 12 now
[20:35:03] Huaru Yang joins the room
[20:36:01] <Brian Carpenter> slide 14
[20:36:01] <Peter van Dijk (PowerDNS)> audio just improved considerably
[20:36:59] <Simon Pietro Romano> (Y)
[20:39:56] <Brian Carpenter> slide 15
[20:41:34] <Brian Carpenter> ...16
[20:45:14] H. Anthony Chan leaves the room
[20:45:16] H. Anthony Chan joins the room
[20:46:50] <Brian Carpenter> Gorry Fairhurst at the mike
[20:48:10] <Brian Carpenter> Kyle Larose at the mike
[20:51:15] <Brian Carpenter> [didn't het
[20:51:22] <Brian Carpenter> get the name]
[20:52:14] <Brian Carpenter> Lorenzo Collitti at the mike
[20:53:27] <Peter van Dijk (PowerDNS)> oh, now i get the draft-draft-draft reference!
[20:53:34] Abdussalam Baryun joins the room
[20:54:13] <Brian Carpenter> Yes, same restriction as draft-draft-draft-00
[20:54:19] <Brian Carpenter> David Black
[20:57:25] <Brian Carpenter> Gorry Fairhurst again
[20:57:38] <Brian Carpenter> Tommy Pauly at the mike
[21:00:05] <Brian Carpenter> IP Fragmentation Considered Fragile, Ron Bonica, draft-bonica-intarea-frag-fragile-02
[21:02:36] <Brian Carpenter> Now at slide 4
[21:02:57] <Brian Carpenter> slide 5
[21:03:02] <Brian Carpenter> ...6
[21:03:23] Chi-Jiun Su joins the room
[21:03:36] <Brian Carpenter> Your jabber scribe is the next speaker; at some point soon I will stop jabbering...
[21:04:04] <Brian Carpenter> slide 8
[21:05:42] Juliusz Chroboczek joins the room
[21:12:04] <Juliusz Chroboczek> (hum)
[21:12:49] Peter van Dijk (PowerDNS) leaves the room
[21:12:52] Kyoungjae SUN joins the room
[21:13:57] <Juliusz Chroboczek> What's a network slice?  (Not for mic.)
[21:17:26] wmhaddad joins the room
[21:20:39] Chi-Jiun Su leaves the room
[21:23:42] Abdussalam Baryun leaves the room
[21:23:44] Bernie Volz leaves the room
[21:24:12] <Juliusz Chroboczek> Didn't the IPng WG fail to define what's a site at some point?  (Not for mic.)
[21:24:57] <Brian Carpenter> Privacy Issues in ID/locator Separation Systems, Erik Nordmark,    draft-nordmark-id-loc-privacy-00
[21:25:34] <Brian Carpenter> @Juliusz: yes, something like that (hence ULAs are global scope)
[21:26:18] <Brian Carpenter> slide 3
[21:26:47] <Juliusz Chroboczek> Looking at your draft, Brian, I'm a lilttle concerned that what you're trying to do is a little similar.
[21:27:06] <Juliusz Chroboczek> (Perhaps a little less ambitious, since you're application-specific.)
[21:27:45] <Brian Carpenter> @Juliusz: for slices see draft-geng-netslices-architecture
[21:28:25] <Juliusz Chroboczek> ty
[21:28:58] <Brian Carpenter> @Juliusz: think of the work as instrumenting the domain boundary.
[21:29:37] <Juliusz Chroboczek> We could use that in Homenet — HNCP border discovery worries me.
[21:30:28] <Brian Carpenter> slide 6
[21:31:33] <Brian Carpenter> Juan Carlos Zuniga at the Mike
[21:32:38] Kyoungjae SUN leaves the room
[21:32:38] <Brian Carpenter> IP over Ethernet (IPoE) Session Health Checking, Richard Patterson,  draft-patterson-intarea-ipoe-health-04
[21:34:56] <Brian Carpenter> slide 5
[21:38:25] Robert Chodorek joins the room
[21:40:47] <Juliusz Chroboczek> Mic (at end of talk): I haven't seen any discussion of FORCERENEW (RFC 3203 (+ RFC 6704) in the draft.  I'm not sure if FORCERENEW solves all of your use cases, but I believe that it should be at least discussed in the draft.
[21:43:21] Abdussalam Baryun joins the room
[21:43:45] Abdussalam Baryun leaves the room
[21:44:53] <Brian Carpenter> Erik Kline at the mic
[21:45:03] <Brian Carpenter> Lorenzo Collitti:
[21:48:15] <Brian Carpenter> Multiple Access Management Service update to WG, Hannu Flinck, draft-kanugovi-intarea-mams-framework
[21:49:07] <Brian Carpenter> @Juliusz: the line was cut a bit abruptly, sorry
[21:50:23] <Juliusz Chroboczek> No problem, I'll drop an e-mail note.  I'm rather fond of FORCERENEW with nonce authentication :-)
[21:52:11] Abdussalam Baryun joins the room
[21:53:24] <Brian Carpenter> *** === The End === ****
[21:53:28] Brian Carpenter leaves the room: offline
[21:53:39] Abdussalam Baryun leaves the room
[21:53:41] Robert Chodorek leaves the room
[21:53:49] Stephanie Huguenin leaves the room
[21:54:04] H. Anthony Chan leaves the room
[21:54:05] Bjorn Hjelm leaves the room
[21:54:05] Guangpeng Li leaves the room
[21:54:05] Huaru Yang leaves the room
[21:54:05] Juliusz Chroboczek leaves the room
[21:54:05] Simon Pietro Romano leaves the room
[21:54:25] wmhaddad leaves the room
[21:56:10] 1OFeyjif is now known as Us3sVTsO
[21:57:55] meetecho leaves the room
[22:06:47] enordmark joins the room
[22:06:52] enordmark leaves the room
[22:08:53] g.e.montenegro leaves the room
[22:18:41] g.e.montenegro joins the room
[22:18:53] g.e.montenegro leaves the room
[22:36:36] Peter van Dijk leaves the room: Stream reset by peer
[22:36:41] Peter van Dijk joins the room
[22:52:50] enordmark leaves the room
[22:56:35] Peter van Dijk leaves the room: Connection failed: connection timed out
[23:37:20] Peter van Dijk joins the room
[23:39:37] Peter van Dijk leaves the room: Connection failed: connection closed
Powered by ejabberd - robust, scalable and extensible XMPP server Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!