IETF
ipwave
ipwave@jabber.ietf.org
Wednesday, November 16, 2016< ^ >
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[04:22:40] Meetecho joins the room
[04:25:14] Dennis Kort joins the room
[04:25:15] Carl Kain joins the room
[04:31:02] Dennis Kort leaves the room
[04:31:08] Barry Leiba joins the room
[04:32:30] RjS joins the room
[04:32:39] Alex Petrescu joins the room
[04:32:40] <RjS> Carl - are you remote?
[04:32:43] danyork joins the room
[04:33:01] <RjS> Alex - are you remote?
[04:33:23] <RjS> slide: Agenda (I)
[04:33:24] <Alex Petrescu> RjS - I am physicallyt in the meeting room, but I will present one slot...
[04:33:27] Dan Romascanu joins the room
[04:33:33] <RjS> Dan is remote
[04:33:41] <RjS> slide: Agenda II
[04:33:59] <Alex Petrescu> I think I have seen Dan York in the physical room
[04:34:01] Barry Leiba leaves the room
[04:34:09] Barry Leiba joins the room
[04:34:16] <RjS> Other Dan
[04:34:20] <Dan Romascanu> Good afternoon - I am remote
[04:34:24] <RjS> Slide: WG Status Update
[04:35:11] resnick joins the room
[04:35:26] <RjS> slide: Contents
[04:36:11] <RjS> (anyone need slide transition markers?)
[04:36:18] <RjS> I'll happily stop
[04:36:25] <RjS> slide: progress since berlin
[04:37:37] <Dan Romascanu> it's useful
[04:37:52] <Dan Romascanu> thanks, Robert!
[04:37:54] <RjS> @dan: ok - will continue
[04:38:36] <Dan Romascanu> telling who is speaking at mic is the most important thougj (when mic will be used)
[04:39:10] <RjS> (yeah - I ended up in a bad place in the room to do that, but I'll do my best)
[04:39:38] <RjS> slide: title
[04:39:52] Barry Leiba leaves the room
[04:39:59] Barry Leiba joins the room
[04:40:35] <RjS> slide: ipv4 proposed text
[04:40:43] sureshk joins the room
[04:41:08] <RjS> slide: issues (1)
[04:41:27] <RjS> suresh in queue
[04:42:05] Samita Chakrabarti joins the room
[04:42:23] <RjS> bob m. at mic
[04:42:38] <Carl Kain> Carl Kain is remote
[04:43:03] maker joins the room
[04:43:19] <RjS> suresh
[04:44:03] <RjS> didn't catch the name
[04:44:16] <RjS> (anyone else in the room, feel free to help)
[04:44:46] <RjS> that last person at the mic was Eric V
[04:45:43] <RjS> slide: 802.11 data vs ...
[04:45:49] Shoichi Sakane joins the room
[04:48:01] <RjS> bob m. at mic
[04:51:05] <RjS> missed the name again
[04:51:20] <Barry Leiba> So did I
[04:51:32] <Barry Leiba> Jaehoon Jeong
[04:51:38] <RjS> thanks barry
[04:52:21] <RjS> (barry's notetaking - massive extra duty filling in names here)
[04:53:10] <RjS> slide : Issues (4)
[04:54:30] Simon Romano joins the room
[04:56:37] <RjS> slide: Issues(5)
[04:56:41] <RjS> (a bit delayed - worry)
[04:56:47] <RjS> slide : Solved issues
[04:58:26] <RjS> suresh at mic
[04:59:09] <RjS> slide: sovled issues ... (7)
[04:59:44] <RjS> slide: solved issues (8)
[05:00:10] <resnick> The slides on the meeting materials page are not these.
[05:00:20] <RjS> nice
[05:00:46] <Dan Romascanu> [mic] - I suggest to refer the LLC change also to IEEE 802.1
[05:00:58] <Dan Romascanu> not only to IEEE 802.11
[05:01:26] <Dan Romascanu> Eric Gray is the liaison
[05:03:02] <RjS> slide: Solved issues (10)
[05:03:47] <RjS> slide: Solved issues (11)
[05:04:11] <RjS> slide: solved issues (12)
[05:04:45] <resnick> Chairs have promised to get these slides up ASAP, but it will be after the presentation.
[05:05:53] danyork leaves the room
[05:06:05] <RjS> Jaehoon (Paul )Jeong
[05:06:15] <RjS> slide: Updates...
[05:06:59] <RjS> slide: Introduction to Vehicular Networking
[05:07:11] R Marshall joins the room
[05:07:25] <Alex Petrescu> Dan Romascanu - noted, Eric Gray... I take a note ont his.  I suppose François Simon needs to be into this as well.
[05:07:38] <resnick> Oh, that’s evil: I had a refresh page problem. The slides were correct; I just had an old version.
[05:08:10] <RjS> slide: Categories...
[05:08:31] <RjS> slide: IP Address Autoconfig (1/2)
[05:08:50] <resnick> The agenda page uses the version-numbered URL. That’s a bug I will report.
[05:09:13] <RjS> make sure you didn't have a cached agenda page
[05:09:21] <RjS> slide: IP Addr (2/2)
[05:09:41] <resnick> Yeah, that was the problem. Ugh.
[05:10:00] <RjS> slide: VN Architecture (1/3)
[05:10:07] R Marshall leaves the room
[05:11:06] <RjS> slide: V N A (2/3)
[05:12:34] <RjS> slide: V N A (3/3)
[05:13:46] <RjS> slide: VN Routing (1/3)
[05:14:03] <RjS> slide: VNR (2/3)
[05:14:10] danyork joins the room
[05:14:24] <RjS> slide: VNR (3/3)
[05:15:01] <RjS> slide: Mobility Management (1/3)
[05:15:31] <RjS> slide: MM (3/3)
[05:15:41] <RjS> (I must have blinked and missed 2/3)
[05:15:55] <RjS> slide: VN Security (1/2)
[05:16:27] <RjS> slide: VNS (2/2)
[05:16:37] <RjS> slide: Summary (1/3)
[05:16:48] <RjS> slide: Next steps
[05:17:35] <RjS> Kline
[05:17:43] <Alex Petrescu> Erik Kline speaking
[05:18:12] <RjS> Eric Vyncke
[05:18:34] <Alex Petrescu> (EK said "there might not be protocol things there...")
[05:18:40] <RjS> Suresh
[05:19:16] <Alex Petrescu> (discussion about "network fragmentation" being actually "partitioning")
[05:19:40] <Alex Petrescu> Vyncke says about other solutions for multicast problems
[05:19:54] <RjS> Dapeng Liu
[05:19:57] <Alex Petrescu> Dapeng Liu from Alibaba group
[05:20:20] <Alex Petrescu> DApeng says content comes from academia research... not sure this is the right direction
[05:20:41] <Alex Petrescu> Paul says he included industry activities, as well as ETSI...
[05:20:44] <RjS> (I'm going to stop as long as alex is going)
[05:20:49] <Alex Petrescu> Paul says this is in next version
[05:21:07] <Alex Petrescu> Ibun Ji from Chinalog(?)
[05:21:22] <Alex Petrescu> RSU connected to Internet as an ap for vehicles
[05:21:32] <Alex Petrescu> Ibun says there may be another way to connect vehicle to network directly
[05:21:42] <Alex Petrescu> Ibun says RSU is one way, but it's not the only way
[05:21:50] <Alex Petrescu> Paul says maybe LTE, control channel, location...
[05:21:58] <Alex Petrescu> Paul says we can document
[05:22:08] <Alex Petrescu> Carlos (Chair) says you want to continue for this?
[05:22:10] <Alex Petrescu> Paul yes
[05:22:21] <Alex Petrescu> Carlos - the point is the use0-cases are what?
[05:22:29] <Alex Petrescu> Carlos - the cover the usecase of IPv6 for vehicular?
[05:23:15] <Alex Petrescu> Carlos - need to include use-cases from industry
[05:23:31] <Alex Petrescu> Carlos says use-cases should be part of the informational document
[05:23:43] <Alex Petrescu> Seil Jeon speaking (of ETRI)
[05:23:59] <Alex Petrescu> AD Suresh says I sent you the IESG statement about support documents
[05:24:17] <Alex Petrescu> Suresh says they dont want that many support documents, but rather one.
[05:27:36] <RjS> @dan - given how well alex is covering the conversation, are the slide markers still useful?
[05:28:51] <RjS> bob m at mic
[05:29:00] <Alex Petrescu> (I stop)
[05:29:10] <RjS> aww...
[05:29:46] <Dan Romascanu> that's ok
[05:29:55] <Dan Romascanu> thanks for helping!
[05:30:02] <RjS> yes!
[05:31:08] <Dan Romascanu> (meetecho is incredibly helpful - in-room support is an extra, you guys are formidable)
[05:31:38] <Meetecho> tnx for the kind words Dan, glad to be of help!
[05:31:59] <RjS> eric kline
[05:32:10] <Dan Romascanu> (Y)
[05:34:39] <RjS> (russ from the podium)
[05:34:59] <RjS> bob m
[05:38:13] <maker> actually, i have read all the ITS drafts, but can't find a clear definition of network fragmentation. It confuses me a lot.
[05:41:21] <Dan Romascanu> [mic] changes about tutle, ipv4
[05:41:27] <Dan Romascanu> title
[05:41:47] <Dan Romascanu> take out ipv4
[05:42:00] <Barry Leiba> already done, Dan
[05:42:08] <Dan Romascanu> +1 bob
[05:42:36] <RjS> Jong-Hyouk Lee
[05:42:48] <RjS> slide: Background (1/3)
[05:43:28] <RjS> slide: Background (2/3)
[05:44:12] <RjS> slide: Background (3/3)
[05:45:59] <RjS> slide: security (1/5)
[05:46:19] <RjS> slide: Security/privacy (2/5)
[05:47:34] <RjS> slide: Security/privacy (3/5)
[05:47:55] <RjS> slide: Security/privacy (4/5)
[05:47:58] danyork leaves the room
[05:48:10] <RjS> slide: Security/privacy (5/5)
[05:48:45] <RjS> slide: Next Step
[05:49:31] <RjS> Ibun Ji
[05:51:43] m h joins the room
[05:52:05] <RjS> jong-hyouk lee
[05:52:28] <RjS> slide: neighbor discovery
[05:53:48] <RjS> slide: ITS Network Architecture
[05:53:59] danyork joins the room
[05:54:10] <RjS> slide: why mDNS
[05:54:29] <RjS> slide: ND based on mDNS
[05:54:43] <Barry Leiba> Speaker here is Zhiwei Yan, not Jong-Hyouk
[05:54:54] <RjS> argh
[05:54:55] <RjS> my error
[05:55:12] <RjS> slide: ND based on mDNS : RSU based
[05:55:43] <RjS> slide: ND based on mDNS
[05:56:10] <RjS> slide: Signalling messages
[05:56:48] <RjS> slide: security considerations
[05:57:00] <RjS> slide: (end)
[05:57:20] <RjS> chris shen
[05:58:54] <RjS> slide: Problem 1 : Security
[05:59:57] Dan Romascanu leaves the room
[06:00:14] danyork leaves the room
[06:00:20] <RjS> slide: (no title) - ascii art at top
[06:00:44] <RjS> slide: security certificate generation
[06:01:12] <RjS> slide: problem 2 - Privacy
[06:01:37] <RjS> slide: no title - two bullets
[06:01:44] <RjS> slide: mac address generation
[06:02:01] <RjS> slide: (end)
[06:02:30] Simon Romano leaves the room
[06:03:00] Samita Chakrabarti leaves the room
[06:03:07] Barry Leiba leaves the room
[06:03:33] m h leaves the room
[06:03:33] Carl Kain leaves the room
[06:03:35] Meetecho leaves the room
[06:04:00] RjS leaves the room
[06:05:34] maker leaves the room
[06:06:06] resnick leaves the room
[06:08:52] danyork joins the room
[06:10:52] danyork leaves the room
[06:15:17] sureshk leaves the room
[06:15:17] Shoichi Sakane leaves the room
[06:22:19] Shoichi Sakane joins the room
[06:22:33] sureshk joins the room
[06:23:47] Alex Petrescu leaves the room
[06:25:37] Shoichi Sakane leaves the room
[06:30:15] sureshk leaves the room
[06:32:06] Barry Leiba joins the room
[06:32:07] Barry Leiba leaves the room
[06:32:33] Alex Petrescu joins the room
[06:35:16] cjbc joins the room
[06:35:55] RjS joins the room
[06:36:39] cjbc leaves the room
[07:09:18] Alex Petrescu leaves the room
[07:11:44] RjS leaves the room
[07:35:08] RjS joins the room
[07:35:23] RjS leaves the room