IETF
jose@jabber.ietf.org
Thursday, November 7, 2013< ^ >
m&m has set the subject to: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/interim/2013/08/19/jose/agenda/agenda-interim-2013-jose-5
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[16:59:34] Joe Hildebrand joins the room
[16:59:41] Joe Hildebrand leaves the room
[17:00:23] Joe Hildebrand joins the room
[17:01:16] ¡jose! joins the room
[17:01:25] <¡jose!> ¡hola!
[17:01:38] m&m joins the room
[17:02:59] <m&m> JOSE WG Meeting IETF-88 | Agenda: https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/88/agenda/jose/
[17:03:53] <Joe Hildebrand> ¡jose!: you should be ¡josé!
[17:03:57] m&m has set the subject to: JOSE WG Meeting IETF-88 | Agenda: https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/88/agenda/jose/ | Audio Stream: http://ietf88streaming.dnsalias.net/ietf/ietf881.m3u
[17:04:02] <¡jose!> a hush falls over the room
[17:04:32] <Joe Hildebrand> note well.
[17:04:44] tlr joins the room
[17:04:52] kaduk@jabber.openafs.org/barnowl joins the room
[17:05:10] <Joe Hildebrand> If you want something relayed to the mic, prefix your comment with "MIC:", please.
[17:05:16] <Joe Hildebrand> agenda
[17:05:44] ¡jose! leaves the room
[17:05:46] richard.barnes joins the room
[17:05:57] <Joe Hildebrand> status
[17:05:58] <richard.barnes> oh good, i can get joe to go to the mic for me
[17:06:50] <Joe Hildebrand> in theory.  in practice, i might delegate the actual going-to-the-mic to…. richard.
[17:07:33] Karen O'Donoghue joins the room
[17:10:13] wseltzer@jabber.org joins the room
[17:10:27] <Joe Hildebrand> can someone paste the link to said NIST doc here, please?
[17:11:07] <Joe Hildebrand> Richard agrees with Mike!!!
[17:11:20] <Joe Hildebrand> (that what is in the doc is fine)
[17:12:23] <Joe Hildebrand> Sean says you can't use an empty string.
[17:13:12] <richard.barnes> let the high-five be noted for the mintes
[17:13:15] <richard.barnes> minutes
[17:13:18] <Joe Hildebrand> (note: i'm not going to give blow-by-blow, because I haven't read the document being referenced, so i'm not following the subtleties)
[17:13:49] <Joe Hildebrand> Now Mike agrees with Jim. :)
[17:14:46] <Joe Hildebrand> Mike proposes "If used, the APU and APV values MUST be distinct"
[17:17:38] <Joe Hildebrand> Brian will open an issue in the tracker.
[17:18:43] kohei.kasamatsu130 joins the room
[17:19:57] kohei.kasamatsu130 leaves the room
[17:20:10] <Joe Hildebrand> Richard says: if you app only needs the x509 cert, you should just use x509.  with nods around the room
[17:20:43] <Joe Hildebrand> so i think the outcome was there needs to be a kty and the public key.
[17:20:51] <Joe Hildebrand> #77
[17:24:33] Florian Zeitz joins the room
[17:24:51] kohei.kasamatsu130 joins the room
[17:25:01] <Joe Hildebrand> resolution: keep the language the same, jim to re-read for what happens when partial chains are given
[17:25:11] <Joe Hildebrand> #93
[17:27:37] richard.barnes leaves the room
[17:30:15] richard.barnes joins the room
[17:30:58] <richard.barnes> the level of agreement in this meeting is making me kind of uncomfortable
[17:31:49] <richard.barnes> http://memedad.com/memes/57466.jpg
[17:33:42] <Joe Hildebrand> Resolution: people haven't read the algorithm enough to know if it's missing pieces.  Stay open until someone provides text.
[17:33:51] <Joe Hildebrand> #114-C
[17:35:09] m&m leaves the room: Disconnected: closed
[17:37:36] kohei.kasamatsu130 leaves the room
[17:38:01] <richard.barnes> i will shout it from the rooftops again and again
[17:38:02] <richard.barnes> THERE IS NO SECURITY BENEFIT TO INTEGRITY PROTECTING HEADERS
[17:38:13] <richard.barnes> THERE IS NO SECURITY BENEFIT TO INTEGRITY PROTECTING HEADERS
[17:38:16] <richard.barnes> THERE IS NO SECURITY BENEFIT TO INTEGRITY PROTECTING HEADERS
[17:38:23] <richard.barnes> but i'm ok with the compromise :)
[17:38:32] <Joe Hildebrand> resolution: stay with the existing compromise
[17:38:42] <Joe Hildebrand> Next steps
[17:38:44] m&m joins the room
[17:39:58] kohei.kasamatsu130 joins the room
[17:40:38] m&m leaves the room
[17:40:40] m&m joins the room
[17:43:10] <Joe Hildebrand> interim, looks like no objections
[17:43:33] <Joe Hildebrand> mike brings up signing detached content
[17:43:40] <Joe Hildebrand> richard says +1
[17:43:44] <Joe Hildebrand> cookbook:
[17:44:22] <Joe Hildebrand> Matt hasn't started yet, but has batted around ideas with Richard doing permutations of what is possible.
[17:44:56] <Joe Hildebrand> sean: looking for a doc that describes how to get interoperable implementations
[17:45:16] <Joe Hildebrand> richard: how to use all of the features
[17:45:38] <Joe Hildebrand> richard: if i'm designing an app, what are the questions i need to answer (design guidelines)
[17:46:01] <Joe Hildebrand> (i mutter in the back that it would be really useful to have such a doc)
[17:46:06] <Joe Hildebrand> action: Matt to talk to Sean
[17:46:17] m&m leaves the room
[17:46:22] m&m joins the room
[17:46:28] m&m leaves the room
[17:46:32] m&m joins the room
[17:46:59] m&m leaves the room
[17:47:07] m&m joins the room
[17:47:50] m&m leaves the room
[17:49:25] <richard.barnes> http://memedad.com/memes/57470.jpg
[17:50:35] <Joe Hildebrand> conclusion: remove indirect signature, put detached signature in appendix.
[17:50:49] m&m joins the room
[17:52:11] m&m leaves the room
[17:52:13] m&m joins the room
[17:52:53] <Joe Hildebrand> Q: when can Matt give us a first rough cut of the cookbook?
[17:53:09] <Joe Hildebrand> Action: Matt/Jim/Richard/Sean to talk when we close the meeting
[17:53:23] <Joe Hildebrand> Matt says probably sometime in early January
[17:53:33] <richard.barnes> we could just put the document up on the big screen and all edit together!
[17:53:45] <Joe Hildebrand> gavel
[17:54:48] tlr leaves the room
[17:55:19] tlr joins the room
[17:55:28] Joe Hildebrand leaves the room
[17:59:53] Joe Hildebrand joins the room
[17:59:58] richard.barnes leaves the room
[18:00:29] tlr leaves the room
[18:01:05] Joe Hildebrand leaves the room
[18:02:26] kohei.kasamatsu130 leaves the room
[18:03:45] m&m leaves the room
[18:05:05] kohei.kasamatsu130 joins the room
[18:06:56] kohei.kasamatsu130 leaves the room
[18:09:48] richard.barnes joins the room
[18:13:10] Karen O'Donoghue leaves the room
[18:13:25] tlr joins the room
[18:15:09] richard.barnes leaves the room
[18:19:57] Karen O'Donoghue joins the room
[18:28:29] m&m joins the room
[18:42:58] wseltzer@jabber.org leaves the room
[18:53:36] wseltzer joins the room
[19:00:59] m&m leaves the room
[19:16:08] m&m joins the room
[19:19:08] kaduk@jabber.openafs.org/barnowl leaves the room
[19:20:26] Karen O'Donoghue leaves the room
[19:31:18] tlr leaves the room
[19:35:24] Karen O'Donoghue joins the room
[19:35:40] Karen O'Donoghue leaves the room
[19:37:29] wseltzer leaves the room
[19:40:05] m&m leaves the room
[19:44:00] m&m joins the room
[19:45:49] Karen O'Donoghue joins the room
[20:00:38] m&m leaves the room
[20:01:52] m&m joins the room
[20:06:40] m&m leaves the room
[20:06:42] m&m joins the room
[20:26:25] Karen O'Donoghue leaves the room
[20:46:53] m&m leaves the room
[21:01:59] m&m joins the room
[21:03:01] wseltzer joins the room
[21:07:05] wseltzer leaves the room
[21:12:02] tlr joins the room
[21:29:30] m&m leaves the room
[21:29:32] m&m joins the room
[21:39:55] m&m leaves the room
[22:19:01] Florian Zeitz leaves the room: offline
[23:04:43] tlr leaves the room
[23:48:52] tlr joins the room
Powered by ejabberd Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!