IETF
kitten
kitten@jabber.ietf.org
Friday, March 27, 2015< ^ >
nico has set the subject to: KITTEN WG | http://tools.ietf.org/wg/kitten/ | NOTE WELL: https://www.ietf.org/about/note-well.html
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[12:05:57] nico leaves the room
[13:22:22] Tadanori TERUYA joins the room
[14:29:26] Tadanori TERUYA leaves the room
[14:51:47] Tadanori TERUYA joins the room
[14:59:03] Tadanori TERUYA leaves the room
[14:59:12] Tadanori TERUYA joins the room
[15:49:35] Tadanori TERUYA leaves the room
[15:49:43] Tadanori TERUYA joins the room
[16:37:59] Tadanori TERUYA leaves the room
[16:39:51] kaduk joins the room
[16:42:05] m&m joins the room
[16:44:34] <kaduk> Hi Nico
[16:44:36] nico leaves the room
[16:45:39] metricamerica joins the room
[16:45:49] wilma joins the room
[16:47:13] Meetecho joins the room
[16:48:16] Bill Mills joins the room
[16:49:51] tlyu@mit.edu joins the room
[16:50:13] <idra> is the meeting on ?
[16:50:27] <m&m> so far ...
[16:50:30] <Bill Mills> Benjamin:  I'm here if the SASL doc comes up, but probably text only from me.o
[16:50:34] <idra> I hear nothing and I am late :(
[16:50:35] <m&m> we haven't started just yet
[16:50:46] <idra> ok
[16:50:47] <tlyu@mit.edu> it took me a few tries to get the audio stream to work
[16:50:48] <idra> ty
[16:50:53] Greg Hudson joins the room
[16:50:55] serrhini mohamed joins the room
[16:50:58] <idra> the audio streams but I hear only muffled sounds
[16:51:00] <idra> ah good now
[16:51:13] <kaduk> We haven't been talking much yet
[16:53:23] sftcd joins the room
[16:53:34] smemery joins the room
[16:54:03] <tlyu@mit.edu> yeah, working on it.  getting the wording right is trickier than it initially appears
[16:55:04] nico joins the room
[16:55:07] Tadanori TERUYA joins the room
[16:55:51] jimsch1 joins the room
[16:56:30] nico leaves the room
[16:57:11] iPad joins the room
[16:57:28] bts@jabber.at/barnowl joins the room
[16:58:56] alexey.melnikov joins the room
[17:00:39] <alexey.melnikov> Nico: GSS Java binding: the stream API should go. GSI folks are using self-framing (a la TLS?) tokens
[17:03:00] bts@jabber.at/barnowl leaves the room
[17:03:11] bts@jabber.at/barnowl joins the room
[17:03:36] <alexey.melnikov> Nico would like to get GSS IANA done. Short exchange with Alexey about the state of the document (ready for WGCL, after adding examples)
[17:03:47] <alexey.melnikov> SASL SAML need more reviews
[17:04:18] <kaduk> nico at the mic
[17:04:18] <alexey.melnikov> kitten-iakerb being reviewed
[17:05:02] <alexey.melnikov> Nico: Need an indicator that the mechanism might not succeed
[17:05:17] <alexey.melnikov> kitten-krb-auth-indicator
[17:05:24] <idra> yes
[17:05:25] <alexey.melnikov> 3 people reviewed this one
[17:05:27] <idra> read it
[17:05:37] <alexey.melnikov> Needs more examples
[17:05:55] <alexey.melnikov> gs2bis
[17:07:43] <alexey.melnikov> I will update the draft. Need to post it as a WG document
[17:07:53] <alexey.melnikov> channel-bound-flag
[17:08:00] <idra> I would like to see it
[17:08:28] <idra> I can help nico
[17:08:40] <idra> (this is Simo)
[17:09:08] <alexey.melnikov> Thank you, Simo :-)
[17:09:31] <alexey.melnikov> wg-pkinit-alg-agility
[17:09:37] <Bill Mills> Mic: I believe there is only one remaining change
[17:09:46] <Bill Mills> that needs to be decided.
[17:09:52] <Bill Mills> Yes, what he said.
[17:10:13] <alexey.melnikov> Bill Mills has volunteered to edit the document
[17:10:41] <alexey.melnikov> kerberos-iana-registries
[17:11:00] <Bill Mills> FYI, yes I have a working copy.  I will put the workign copy up on github until we get this last edit hammered out.
[17:11:16] bts@jabber.at/barnowl leaves the room
[17:11:26] bts@jabber.at/barnowl joins the room
[17:14:15] <Bill Mills> speaker?
[17:14:26] <kaduk> That was me.
[17:14:47] <kaduk> (sorry)
[17:15:07] <smemery> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-josefsson-sasl-tls-cb-03
[17:16:16] <Bill Mills> MIC: There's a Token Binding WG now that also needs a working channel binding for current  TLS versions.
[17:16:29] Simo Sorce joins the room
[17:17:22] <alexey.melnikov> Need to send a liaison to TLS WG about getting TLS-unique channel binding fixed
[17:17:34] Simo Sorce leaves the room
[17:17:41] <alexey.melnikov> POSIX authorization info draft
[17:17:46] <alexey.melnikov> presentation
[17:17:56] iPad leaves the room
[17:21:17] bts@jabber.at/barnowl leaves the room
[17:21:27] bts@jabber.at/barnowl joins the room
[17:23:58] <idra> uid/gid need to be qualified indeed
[17:24:22] <idra> that's why we say "Origin Domain information"
[17:24:35] <idra> there is only 1 uid :)
[17:25:36] <idra> no you wouldn't :)
[17:26:22] <alexey.melnikov> Stephen: is there a Microsoft IPR on this?
[17:26:59] bts@jabber.at/barnowl leaves the room
[17:27:07] bts@jabber.at/barnowl joins the room
[17:27:26] <alexey.melnikov> Nico: this is good for directories, but for the rest of the network
[17:27:34] <alexey.melnikov> Because tickets are big
[17:27:47] <alexey.melnikov> On the other hand, some services require this
[17:28:02] <idra> tickets are not necessarily big, they *may be* big
[17:28:54] <alexey.melnikov> Deprecating rc4 and 3des
[17:32:39] bts@jabber.at/barnowl leaves the room
[17:32:47] bts@jabber.at/barnowl joins the room
[17:35:09] <Bill Mills> I suspect that this will end up being driven by things like PCI and other busines security standards whcih would kill the older OS versions in "compliant" environments.
[17:36:10] <alexey.melnikov> Kenny: are keys full entropy keys or password derived?
[17:36:32] <Bill Mills> MIC: for my above please.
[17:37:21] <alexey.melnikov> Getting rid of rc4 is not a priority (you need to PAKE based thing instead), if you are using password based keys.
[17:37:46] <idra> it is still a priority imo, exactly because the string2key of RC4 is so bad
[17:38:24] <Bill Mills> PCI/FIPS/etc
[17:38:49] <sftcd> I'm surprised there was no feedback here on deprecating 3des (but I guess it'll be on the list)
[17:38:59] <alexey.melnikov> Nico presenting GSS-only enctypes
[17:38:59] <kaduk> there was a little on the list
[17:40:15] <kaduk> but I guess mostly that was just complaining that 3 years between 3DES and AES wasn't "shortly thereafter"
[17:41:28] m&m-mobile joins the room
[17:43:21] bts@jabber.at/barnowl leaves the room
[17:43:28] bts@jabber.at/barnowl joins the room
[17:43:51] satoru.kanno@jabber.org joins the room
[17:45:01] <alexey.melnikov> Kerberos mech error recovery, rcache avoidance
[17:45:50] <alexey.melnikov> Nico: replay caches are very hard to implement, almost nobody done it right.
[17:47:00] wilma leaves the room
[17:47:19] <alexey.melnikov> Nico: PKCROSS
[17:48:56] <alexey.melnikov> Nico: Name attributes
[17:49:00] bts@jabber.at/barnowl leaves the room
[17:49:08] bts@jabber.at/barnowl joins the room
[17:52:33] <alexey.melnikov> mccallum-kitten-krb-service-discovery
[17:52:44] <alexey.melnikov> Was discussed recently on the mailing list
[17:52:54] <alexey.melnikov> Nico: I am in support of this work
[17:53:02] <idra> +1
[17:53:28] metricamerica leaves the room
[17:54:40] bts@jabber.at/barnowl leaves the room
[17:55:00] serrhini mohamed leaves the room
[18:04:07] <alexey.melnikov> Nico: suggesting that some of the documents he proposed can be submitted directly to the expert, once GSS IANA is published
[18:05:25] <Bill Mills> Open MIC:  SASL draft.... one or 2 more reviewers on the last proposed language change would be excellent.
[18:05:32] jimsch1 leaves the room
[18:05:34] <idra> +1 thanks
[18:06:01] <smemery>     Thanks to everyone who helped me through the years!
[18:06:17] Bill Mills leaves the room
[18:06:59] Greg Hudson leaves the room
[18:07:18] Meetecho leaves the room
[18:07:42] sftcd leaves the room
[18:08:04] smemery leaves the room
[18:10:44] Tadanori TERUYA leaves the room
[18:16:01] alexey.melnikov leaves the room
[18:16:30] kaduk leaves the room
[18:19:12] satoru.kanno@jabber.org leaves the room
[18:21:01] m&m-mobile leaves the room: Disconnected: connection closed
[18:21:03] m&m-mobile joins the room
[18:22:59] m&m leaves the room: Disconnected: connection closed
[18:23:41] m&m-mobile leaves the room: Disconnected: Replaced by new connection
[18:28:08] satoru.kanno@jabber.org joins the room
[18:31:57] sftcd joins the room
[18:32:49] sftcd leaves the room
[18:42:12] satoru.kanno@jabber.org leaves the room
[19:45:29] tlyu@mit.edu leaves the room
[21:23:13] Tadanori TERUYA joins the room
[21:38:13] Tadanori TERUYA leaves the room
Powered by ejabberd Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!