IETF
l3vpn
l3vpn@jabber.ietf.org
Friday, 9 November 2012< ^ >
Room Configuration

GMT+0
[13:33:17] tm.morin@gmail.com joins the room
[13:47:45] Daniel King joins the room
[13:48:01] <Daniel King> Bonjour o/
[13:52:07] <tm.morin@gmail.com> Hi Daniel
[13:52:14] <tm.morin@gmail.com> ;)
[13:52:19] tm.morin@gmail.com leaves the room
[13:52:28] Thomas Morin joins the room
[13:55:55] <Thomas Morin> I'll listen to the audio stream an possibly make some comments
[13:56:27] <Thomas Morin> Do you think you could channel my comments to the mic, in parallel with scribing ?
[13:58:04] <Daniel King> Yes
[13:58:12] <Thomas Morin> Ok, thanks.
[13:58:35] <Thomas Morin> Tell me in case there is too many folks lining up. In that case, I'll ask Martin to channel for me.
[13:58:46] <Daniel King> Ok, will do.
[14:02:30] <Daniel King> Martin - WG Status <http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/85/slides/slides-85-l3vpn-4.pdf>
[14:05:13] <Daniel King> Arjun - draft-mapathak-interas-option-d-00 <http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/85/slides/slides-85-l3vpn-9.pdf>
[14:09:37] Keyur Patel joins the room
[14:11:52] adrianfarrel joins the room
[14:13:12] <Keyur Patel> Good Morning Thomas
[14:14:15] <Keyur Patel> Comment: As a co-author, Thomas we are shipping (@cisco) this option for a while now and we like us to document it
[14:14:16] <Thomas Morin> Hi Keyur ! So we'are two attending remotely
[14:14:31] <Keyur Patel> comment to Robert's point
[14:15:43] <Keyur Patel> ack
[14:15:55] <Daniel King> Did you have a question?
[14:16:04] <Keyur Patel> I had a comment to Robert's
[14:16:11] <Daniel King> Ok
[14:16:13] <Keyur Patel> but we are bit late
[14:16:18] <Keyur Patel> :)
[14:16:21] <Thomas Morin> the proposal made 6 years ago was objected because (quote) "there was nothing to standardize"; this draft is lucid an just targets "informational"; this may be useful to document
[14:16:40] <adrianfarrel> in q
[14:16:40] Lou joins the room
[14:16:44] <Keyur Patel> would some one post it
[14:16:45] <Keyur Patel> please
[14:16:50] <Daniel King> Adrian will ask the question so I can take notes.
[14:16:52] <Keyur Patel> thanks adrian and good morning
[14:16:53] <Keyur Patel> :)
[14:16:59] <Keyur Patel> thanks daniel and GM
[14:17:12] <Thomas Morin> thanks Adrian
[14:18:54] <Daniel King> Arjun - draft-ymbk-l3vpn-origination-02 <http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/85/slides/slides-85-l3vpn-0.pdf>
[14:24:03] <adrianfarrel> Randy sure writes good slides
[14:26:08] <Keyur Patel> fairly a simple solution.. sort of an alternative to bgp origin validation for ipv4/ipv6
[14:28:22] <Thomas Morin> I have two questions
[14:28:23] <Thomas Morin> what is the key id : the route-target ? which of the route-target when more than one ?
[14:28:31] <adrianfarrel> ok on my way to the mic
[14:28:36] <Thomas Morin> what is signed: just the prefix ? the whole SAFI ? the whole SAFI plus attributes ?
if attributes are not part of the signed blob, aren't there security problems that remain if attributes of a signed route are mangled in transit ?
[14:28:52] <Thomas Morin> ah, my first question is in fact related to Robert's one
[14:29:00] <Keyur Patel> Comment: RT policy and attachement of RT on ASBR is an implementation matter
[14:29:11] <adrianfarrel> in q
[14:29:12] <Keyur Patel> we could augment the text the indicate that
[14:29:25] <Keyur Patel> this is a comment to Robert's Question
[14:29:31] <Keyur Patel> Thomas: Prefix is signed
[14:29:45] <adrianfarrel> keyur: you want me to channel you too?
[14:29:51] <Keyur Patel> yes
[14:29:53] <Keyur Patel> please
[14:29:56] <adrianfarrel> ack
[14:30:21] <Keyur Patel> Thomas: which attributes do you have in mind as they get overwritten
[14:31:13] <Thomas Morin> any, in fact; a malevolent intermediate could change the RT for instance
[14:31:24] <Keyur Patel> That should be easily covered
[14:31:25] <Keyur Patel> at PE
[14:31:28] <Keyur Patel> after an import
[14:31:36] <Keyur Patel> wrong import wrong key validation fails
[14:32:27] <Thomas Morin> what about a changed/replaced attribute, such as a community or encapsulation attribute
[14:32:59] <Keyur Patel> Comment: Origin AS may not work
[14:33:05] <Keyur Patel> if the ASes are overlapping
[14:34:54] <Keyur Patel> Comment: SIDR Origin Validation wont work particularly if ASes are overlapping or private AS is used
[14:35:27] <Keyur Patel> Thomas: that is not covered
[14:35:43] Sriganesh Kini joins the room
[14:38:12] <Lou> Keyur, what happens when SIDR is run within the VPN?
[14:38:18] <adrianfarrel> Lesson from jabber channeller...
[14:38:25] <Keyur Patel> SIDR?
[14:38:29] <Keyur Patel> you mean origin?
[14:38:30] <Keyur Patel> or path?
[14:38:32] <adrianfarrel> Need to make your comments or questions more focussed
[14:38:39] <Thomas Morin> Lou: please follow up on the mailing list, might be more efficient than jabber
[14:38:43] <adrianfarrel> I can't channel a discussion
[14:38:47] <Lou> fair enough
[14:38:51] <Thomas Morin> Yes, Adrian, I'll try
[14:39:02] <Thomas Morin> You did a fairly good job, however. Thanks.
[14:39:02] <Daniel King> Maria - draft-fang-l3vpn-end-system-requirements-00 <http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/85/slides/slides-85-l3vpn-8.pdf>
[14:39:10] <Keyur Patel> Thanks Adrian
[14:45:27] Sriganesh Kini leaves the room
[14:48:18] Sriganesh Kini joins the room
[14:56:45] <Daniel King> Luyuan - draft-fang-l3vpn-virtual-pe-framework-01 <http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/85/slides/slides-85-l3vpn-7.pdf>
[14:57:58] Sriganesh Kini leaves the room
[15:01:33] Sriganesh Kini joins the room
[15:12:17] Daniel King leaves the room
[15:12:17] Lou leaves the room
[15:12:17] adrianfarrel leaves the room
[15:12:52] Stewart Bryant joins the room
[15:13:49] <Thomas Morin> jabber works for me
[15:19:20] Sriganesh Kini leaves the room
[15:20:26] Lou joins the room
[15:22:17] Sriganesh Kini joins the room
[15:22:45] adrianfarrel joins the room
[15:22:54] <adrianfarrel> jabber is back
[15:22:58] Daniel King joins the room
[15:23:34] <Daniel King> Currently on Zhenbin - draft-zheng-l3vpn-pm-analysis-00 <http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/85/slides/slides-85-l3vpn-3.pdf>
[15:23:58] <Daniel King> Same presentor - draft-dong-l3vpn-pm-framework-00 <http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/85/slides/slides-85-l3vpn-2.pdf>
[15:25:19] vishnupavan joins the room
[15:26:09] vishnupavan leaves the room
[15:29:54] <Daniel King> Dhananjaya - draft-drao-bgp-l3vpn-virtual-network-overlays-00 <http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/85/slides/slides-85-l3vpn-5.pdf>
[15:30:57] Sriganesh Kini leaves the room
[15:31:32] Sriganesh Kini joins the room
[15:32:55] Stewart Bryant leaves the room
[15:41:00] Sriganesh Kini leaves the room
[15:44:47] Sriganesh Kini joins the room
[15:45:56] <Thomas Morin> You should consider working together with authors of similars proposals for E-VPN, to converge on common BGP encodings.
[15:46:20] <Thomas Morin> (Adrian, if you can channel, please ?)
[15:46:47] <adrianfarrel> yes
[15:46:47] <Daniel King> Yup.
[15:47:41] <Thomas Morin> YES, I CAN TRY
[15:47:51] <adrianfarrel> That's a bit better
[15:48:31] <Thomas Morin> I did not get if there was an answer to my question. Not even a nod or something ?
[15:48:46] <adrianfarrel> the message was, that is what Kireeti said
[15:48:57] <adrianfarrel> I don't think the author said he would or would not do it
[15:49:11] <Thomas Morin> Actually, I can use HTML in Jabber Adrian
[15:49:23] <adrianfarrel> ooooh!
[15:49:27] <Daniel King> my eyes, my eyes
[15:49:45] <Thomas Morin> ah, I did not get what Kireeti said
[15:51:00] <Daniel King> Same presentor - draft-rfernando-virt-topo-bgp-vpn-01 <http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/85/slides/slides-85-l3vpn-6.pdf>
[15:53:59] Sriganesh Kini leaves the room
[15:58:02] Sriganesh Kini joins the room
[15:59:24] <Daniel King> Session closed!
[15:59:28] <Thomas Morin> ok !
[15:59:34] <Daniel King> have a great weekend!
[15:59:38] <Thomas Morin> see you all in Orlando
[15:59:40] <Daniel King> o/
[15:59:54] Daniel King leaves the room
[16:00:04] Thomas Morin leaves the room
[16:00:10] Lou leaves the room
[16:04:00] adrianfarrel leaves the room
[16:08:30] Sriganesh Kini leaves the room
[16:11:18] Sriganesh Kini joins the room
[16:20:30] Sriganesh Kini leaves the room
[16:24:33] Sriganesh Kini joins the room
[16:36:46] Keyur Patel leaves the room
[16:38:01] Sriganesh Kini leaves the room
[16:39:49] Sriganesh Kini joins the room
[16:53:30] Sriganesh Kini leaves the room
[16:55:04] Sriganesh Kini joins the room
[17:09:01] Sriganesh Kini leaves the room
[17:10:20] Sriganesh Kini joins the room
[17:24:01] Sriganesh Kini leaves the room
[17:25:11] Keyur Patel joins the room
[17:25:35] Sriganesh Kini joins the room
[17:28:15] Keyur Patel leaves the room
[17:34:01] Sriganesh Kini leaves the room
[17:34:50] Sriganesh Kini joins the room
[17:48:33] Sriganesh Kini leaves the room
[17:50:05] Sriganesh Kini joins the room
[18:04:01] Sriganesh Kini leaves the room
[18:05:21] Sriganesh Kini joins the room
[18:19:01] Sriganesh Kini leaves the room
[18:20:37] Sriganesh Kini joins the room
[18:29:59] adrianfarrel joins the room
[18:35:02] Sriganesh Kini leaves the room
[18:35:53] Sriganesh Kini joins the room
[18:36:10] Stewart Bryant joins the room
[18:46:32] Sriganesh Kini leaves the room
[18:49:09] Sriganesh Kini joins the room
[18:58:32] Sriganesh Kini leaves the room
[19:02:24] Sriganesh Kini joins the room
[19:10:26] Sriganesh Kini leaves the room
[19:20:25] adrianfarrel leaves the room
[19:59:48] Stewart Bryant leaves the room
[20:36:36] Stewart Bryant joins the room
[21:07:29] Stewart Bryant leaves the room
[22:04:20] Stewart Bryant joins the room
[22:08:12] Stewart Bryant leaves the room
[22:08:22] Stewart Bryant joins the room
[22:15:25] Stewart Bryant leaves the room
[22:15:39] Stewart Bryant joins the room
[22:24:02] Stewart Bryant leaves the room
[22:24:19] Stewart Bryant joins the room
Powered by ejabberd Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!