IETF
LAMPS
lamps@jabber.ietf.org
Thursday, July 19, 2018< ^ >
Jeffpc has set the subject to: LAMPS at IETF-99
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[19:38:46] meetecho joins the room
[19:44:47] jM5rkt4z joins the room
[19:45:09] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[19:45:10] Daniel McCarney joins the room
[19:45:10] Scott Fluhrer joins the room
[19:45:11] Roland Shoemaker joins the room
[19:45:11] Yoav Nir joins the room
[19:46:10] Rich Salz joins the room
[19:46:28] cw-ietf joins the room
[19:47:01] Rich Salz has set the subject to: LAMPS at IETF 102
[19:49:20] <Yoav Nir> The one he's looking for is the left-most icon
[19:50:33] <Rich Salz> I'm your jabber scribe.  Put mic if you want it relayed or ping me directly.
[19:51:40] <Rich Salz> https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/102/materials/slides-102-lamps-chair-slides-00
[19:51:45] <Rich Salz> note well
[19:51:53] Satoru Kanno joins the room
[19:52:00] metricamerica joins the room
[19:52:12] <Rich Salz> p3, recent recharter
[19:52:21] <Yoav Nir> There's a "Present" button right up there.
[19:52:41] <Rich Salz> p4 agenda
[19:53:42] <Rich Salz> https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/102/materials/slides-102-lamps-caa-and-rfc6844bis-00
[19:54:07] <Rich Salz> BUT FIRST.  Jim schaad on 5750/5751
[19:54:22] Rolf E. Sonneveld joins the room
[19:54:50] ilari.liusvaara joins the room
[19:55:34] <Rich Salz> phb talking
[19:55:39] <Rich Salz> phb presenting
[19:56:00] <Rich Salz> p2 8 differences versus rfc6844
[19:57:50] <Rich Salz> p3 outstanding on the list
[19:58:07] Yoshiro Yoneya joins the room
[19:59:11] <Rich Salz> p4 other outstanding
[20:00:14] <Rich Salz> yaron shaffer at the mic
[20:01:30] <Rich Salz> rich salz
[20:01:48] <Rich Salz> corey bonnell
[20:03:28] <Rich Salz> https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/102/materials/slides-102-lamps-update-on-pkix-shake-and-cms-shakes-00
[20:05:05] <Rich Salz> p2 changes to drafts for SHAKEs in PKIX and CMS
[20:05:11] ilari.liusvaara leaves the room
[20:05:13] ilari.liusvaara joins the room
[20:05:42] Daniel McCarney leaves the room
[20:06:04] <Rich Salz> p3 OIDs
[20:06:04] bhoeneis joins the room
[20:06:06] Roland Shoemaker leaves the room
[20:06:53] <Rich Salz> p4 OIDs cont'd
[20:07:55] <Rich Salz> p5 questions/comments?
[20:10:24] <Rich Salz> https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/102/materials/slides-102-lamps-using-hash-based-digital-signatures-in-the-cms-00
[20:10:36] <Rich Salz> The Honorable Russ Housley, presenting
[20:11:08] <Rich Salz> p2 hash-based digital signatures
[20:13:09] <Rich Salz>     ekr at mic
[20:13:40] <Rich Salz> p3 draft-housley-cms-mts-hash-sig-10
[20:13:52] <Scott Fluhrer> "Double the hash size" vs. "Squareroot the attack time" are two different ways to express the same idea
[20:14:38] <Rich Salz> p4 The Ask
[20:15:43] ilari.liusvaara leaves the room
[20:15:45] ilari.liusvaara joins the room
[20:16:32] <Scott Fluhrer> Hmmmm
[20:16:37] Dan Harkins joins the room
[20:17:18] metricamerica joins the room
[20:17:35] metricamerica leaves the room
[20:17:47] Taiji Kimura joins the room
[20:18:33] <Rich Salz> https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/102/materials/slides-102-lamps-using-psk-in-the-cms-00
[20:18:51] <Rich Salz> p2 Use PSK For Quantum protection
[20:20:09] <Rich Salz> p3 mixing with a psk
[20:20:59] <Rich Salz> p4 overview
[20:21:16] <Rich Salz> p5 please review
[20:21:23] <Rich Salz> p6 the ask
[20:21:33] Sean Turner joins the room
[20:22:01] <Rich Salz> <sorry didn't catch the name>
[20:25:26] <Rich Salz> jonathan hammil
[20:25:40] <Rich Salz> sean leonard
[20:25:59] ilari.liusvaara leaves the room: Stream closed by us: Timed out waiting for stream resumption (connection-timeout)
[20:26:31] <Rich Salz> leonid ?
[20:26:58] <Yoav Nir> Sounds like Valery Smyslov, no?
[20:27:05] ilari.liusvaara joins the room
[20:27:24] <Scott Fluhrer> Yes, that's Valery
[20:27:35] <Rich Salz>     yeah, oops.  Thanks.
[20:27:39] <Rich Salz> ekr
[20:28:01] <Scott Fluhrer> The reason we used the term "Postquantum Preshared Key" in key is to differentiate it from the the "Preshared Keys" already in IKE
[20:28:27] <Rich Salz> hum a - more or less okay b - you have concerns
[20:28:44] <Rich Salz> very strong for A
[20:29:01] <Rich Salz> Max Pala
[20:30:08] <Rich Salz> Tero
[20:32:14] <Rich Salz> https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/102/materials/slides-102-lamps-hash-of-root-key-cert-extension-00
[20:32:33] <Rich Salz> p2 hash of root key cert extension
[20:32:36] ilari.liusvaara leaves the room: Stream closed by us: Timed out waiting for stream resumption (connection-timeout)
[20:33:12] <Rich Salz> p3 overview
[20:33:53] <Rich Salz> ekr
[20:35:05] <Rich Salz> jim schaad
[20:36:11] <Yoav Nir> Haven't read the draft, but this sounds a lot like HSTS, at least one of the ways people envisioned that it would be used
[20:37:05] <Rich Salz> <nameless> at mic
[20:37:55] <Rich Salz> phb
[20:38:10] <metricamerica> Stefan Santesson
[20:38:21] <Rich Salz> tero
[20:41:05] <Rich Salz> me
[20:41:06] <Rich Salz> max pala
[20:41:09] <Yoav Nir> from the cURL re-formatting of the Mozilla trust store
[20:41:35] <Rich Salz> thanks @metricamerica
[20:41:43] <Rich Salz> stefan santesson
[20:42:47] <Yoav Nir> https://curl.haxx.se/ca/cacert.pem
[20:42:57] <Rich Salz> ekr
[20:43:33] <Rich Salz> sean leonard
[20:44:30] <Rich Salz> dkg
[20:48:51] bhoeneis leaves the room
[20:48:52] bhoeneis joins the room
[20:49:08] <Rich Salz> qyuan
[20:50:00] <Rich Salz> huawei gentleman again
[20:50:09] <Rich Salz> I apologize for the names I miss.
[20:50:27] cw-ietf leaves the room
[20:51:04] Panos Kampanakis joins the room
[20:52:38] Taiji Kimura leaves the room
[20:53:45] <Rich Salz> max pala
[20:55:47] <Rich Salz> <missed name>
[20:58:23] <Rich Salz> hum:  adopt A not adopt B ?
[21:00:02] <Rich Salz> slight preference for adoption, to be confirmed on the list
[21:00:23] <Rich Salz> https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/102/materials/slides-102-lamps-star-00
[21:00:31] <Rich Salz> Yoav Nir (remote) presenting
[21:00:53] <Rich Salz> p2 what this draft is about
[21:01:25] <Rich Salz> p3 EXAMPLE #1: IPSEC VPN
[21:03:23] <Rich Salz> p4, EXAMPLE #1: SECURITY CHALLENGES
[21:04:19] <Rich Salz> p5 EXAMPLE #2: SOFTWARE-DEFINED STORAGE
[21:05:42] <Rich Salz> p6 EXAMPLE #2: SECURITY CHALLENGES
[21:06:44] <Rich Salz> p7 AUTHENTICATION
[21:09:06] <Rich Salz> p8 REVOCATION
[21:10:31] <Rich Salz> p9, REVOCATION ALTERNATIVE
[21:11:32] <Rich Salz> p10 THE DRAFT
[21:11:42] Satoru Kanno leaves the room
[21:12:05] <Rich Salz> p11 ANTICIPATED QUESTIONS
[21:14:36] <Rich Salz> Stefan at the mic
[21:15:06] bhoeneis leaves the room
[21:15:17] bhoeneis joins the room
[21:15:21] Dan Harkins leaves the room
[21:19:15] <Rich Salz> Toerless Eckert
[21:20:31] <Rich Salz> Sean Turner
[21:23:09] <Rich Salz> Sean Leonard
[21:24:17] <Rich Salz> Max Pala
[21:26:34] <Rich Salz> Tero
[21:28:24] <Rich Salz> phb
[21:28:29] <Rich Salz> max
[21:30:07] <Rich Salz> hum to adopt or wait for a future draft
[21:30:19] <Rich Salz> Consensus is not quite ready yet
[21:30:36] <Rich Salz> https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/102/materials/slides-102-lamps-protecting-message-header-in-smime-00
[21:30:44] <Rich Salz> Alexey Melnikov presenting
[21:31:17] <Rich Salz> p2 Problem statement
[21:31:17] bhoeneis leaves the room
[21:32:14] <Rich Salz> p3, Example message demonstrating ....
[21:32:24] Panos Kampanakis leaves the room
[21:33:04] <Rich Salz> p4 Example message demonstrating … 2 of 2
[21:33:27] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[21:33:49] <Rich Salz> p5, problems
[21:34:03] <Rich Salz> Sean Turner at the mic
[21:34:24] <Rich Salz> p6, Common email clients display messages …
[21:34:43] <Rich Salz> p7, ways to fix this
[21:35:45] <Rich Salz> p8, ways to fix this (contd)
[21:36:29] <Rich Salz> dkg at mic
[21:36:42] <Rich Salz> Daniel KAAAAHHHN! Gilmore
[21:37:24] <Rich Salz> p9 ways to fix this
[21:37:30] <Rich Salz> dkg at mic
[21:38:45] <Rich Salz> p10 … same title
[21:40:04] <Rich Salz> p11, … same title
[21:40:09] <Rich Salz> p12 what to do next?
[21:40:31] <Rich Salz> dkg at mike
[21:41:54] <Rich Salz> jim schaad
[21:41:56] Panos Kampanakis joins the room
[21:42:55] <Rich Salz> dkg
[21:43:53] <Rich Salz> sean turner
[21:45:28] <Rich Salz> jim
[21:46:12] <Rich Salz> dkg
[21:48:29] <Rich Salz> jim
[21:49:47] <Rolf E. Sonneveld> hum
[21:50:01] Sean Turner leaves the room
[21:50:16] Scott Fluhrer leaves the room
[21:50:18] metricamerica leaves the room
[21:50:34] metricamerica joins the room
[21:50:41] <Rolf E. Sonneveld> what was the outcome of the hum? Hum was not loud enough to hear remotely
[21:50:45] Rich Salz leaves the room: Stream reset by peer
[21:50:49] meetecho leaves the room
[21:50:56] Rolf E. Sonneveld leaves the room
[21:50:57] Panos Kampanakis leaves the room
[21:50:57] Yoav Nir leaves the room
[21:51:06] metricamerica leaves the room
[21:59:54] Yoshiro Yoneya joins the room
[22:00:06] Yoshiro Yoneya leaves the room
[22:00:24] metricamerica joins the room
[22:00:28] Yoshiro Yoneya leaves the room
[22:00:54] <metricamerica> hum was to do work on protected s/mime headers. dkg will forward text to the mail-list.
[22:01:53] Rich Salz joins the room
[22:02:24] metricamerica leaves the room
[22:04:37] Sean Turner joins the room
[22:05:22] bhoeneis joins the room
[22:07:35] Rich Salz leaves the room
[22:07:47] ilari.liusvaara joins the room
[22:10:41] ilari.liusvaara leaves the room: Stream closed by us: Replaced by new connection (conflict)
[22:10:43] ilari.liusvaara joins the room
[22:19:34] ilari.liusvaara leaves the room: Stream closed by us: Replaced by new connection (conflict)
[22:19:35] ilari.liusvaara joins the room
[22:21:15] ilari.liusvaara leaves the room: Stream closed by us: Replaced by new connection (conflict)
[22:21:16] ilari.liusvaara joins the room
[22:26:57] ilari.liusvaara leaves the room: Stream closed by us: Replaced by new connection (conflict)
[22:26:59] ilari.liusvaara joins the room
[22:27:54] ilari.liusvaara leaves the room: Stream closed by us: Replaced by new connection (conflict)
[22:27:55] ilari.liusvaara joins the room
[22:33:30] ilari.liusvaara leaves the room: Stream closed by us: Replaced by new connection (conflict)
[22:33:31] ilari.liusvaara joins the room
[22:39:02] ilari.liusvaara leaves the room: Stream closed by us: Replaced by new connection (conflict)
[22:39:03] ilari.liusvaara joins the room
[22:39:49] ilari.liusvaara leaves the room: Stream closed by us: Replaced by new connection (conflict)
[22:39:51] ilari.liusvaara joins the room
[22:43:57] ilari.liusvaara leaves the room: Stream closed by us: Replaced by new connection (conflict)
[22:43:58] ilari.liusvaara joins the room
[22:49:49] ilari.liusvaara leaves the room: Stream closed by us: Replaced by new connection (conflict)
[22:49:50] ilari.liusvaara joins the room
[22:51:15] ilari.liusvaara leaves the room: Stream closed by us: Replaced by new connection (conflict)
[22:51:16] ilari.liusvaara joins the room
[22:51:49] ilari.liusvaara leaves the room: Stream closed by us: Replaced by new connection (conflict)
[22:51:50] ilari.liusvaara joins the room
[22:52:04] ilari.liusvaara leaves the room
[23:11:21] Sean Turner leaves the room
[23:23:36] bhoeneis leaves the room
Powered by ejabberd - robust, scalable and extensible XMPP server Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!