[03:22:02] --- hak has joined
[03:22:08] --- hak has left
[08:06:12] --- pk has joined
[08:07:01] --- joelja has joined
[08:07:33] <joelja> agenda bashing
[08:07:53] <joelja> dino is the first 3 presentors
[08:07:57] <pk> I'm in the room ...
[08:08:31] <joelja> docuement status
[08:08:49] <joelja> no rfc's published after sand diego
[08:10:14] <joelja> publication requested on multicast mib
[08:11:02] <joelja> ron bonica - should be the first one I've shephered
[08:11:21] <joelja> peka savola - is there any input needed from the working group
[08:11:47] <joelja> marshal - good question am I the shepherd of that docuement
[08:13:42] <joelja> peka
[08:14:03] <joelja> another question gan I get on the agenda
[08:18:05] <joelja> dino presenting - draft-ietf-mboned-ipv4-uni-based-mcast-03
[08:19:36] <joelja> marshall - who asigns superblocks?
[08:19:37] --- david kessens has joined
[08:19:45] <joelja> dino - more coarses than a subnet
[08:20:20] <joelja> peka - a good idea, hopefully dave will be able to find a reasonable definition
[08:20:30] <joelja> dino - amt spec status
[08:21:04] <david kessens> I see there is an overwhelming interest in this jabber room
[08:21:08] <joelja> indeed
[08:21:27] <joelja> I scribbeing the questsions for the record I guess
[08:22:05] <david kessens> I wanted to explain a bit more about the scheduling problems but it seems that this is not going to be very useful with just 3 people present
[08:22:18] <joelja> indeed
[08:25:16] <joelja> deployments happening and business cases developing for amt
[08:25:44] <joelja> gateway implmentation in linksys box
[08:26:29] --- hans has joined
[08:26:47] <joelja> marshall - couple questions
[08:27:06] <joelja> do you think this would be comercially depoloyed in a linksys box?
[08:27:13] <joelja> dino - it's possible
[08:27:13] --- woj has joined
[08:27:49] <joelja> marshall - procedural
[08:28:10] <joelja> 3 seperate implemntations
[08:28:25] <joelja> peka - correction now requirement for implementations
[08:28:30] <joelja> no
[08:28:31] --- hans has left
[08:29:00] <joelja> stig -venas - for draft perhaps but not for proposed
[08:29:15] --- hans has joined
[08:29:26] <joelja> ron - strictly speaking 3 implmentations applies only to the routing area
[08:29:56] <joelja> dino - there's a implemntation guide we have to do.
[08:30:25] <joelja> tim chown
[08:30:52] <joelja> security considerations are limited?
[08:31:11] <joelja> dino - just anti spoofing attacks no real authentication
[08:31:45] --- hans has left
[08:31:46] <joelja> marshall - my personal feeling is that the security implications are lower since it's ssm only
[08:32:12] --- hak has joined
[08:32:13] --- hak has left
[08:33:30] --- hans has joined
[08:34:32] <joelja> peka 2nd question - any resources requried from iana
[08:35:19] --- hans has left
[08:35:35] <joelja> dino - the asm or ssm is fleshed out if sources are benhind the gateway
[08:35:46] --- hak has joined
[08:36:18] <joelja> peka nothing has happened on the working group list in the previous six months
[08:36:32] <joelja> marshall lets get a consensus
[08:36:50] <joelja> dino - I'll use sheps vision
[08:37:22] <joelja> greg shepherd - there are technology solutions already to provide sourcing into the multicast cloud
[08:38:13] <joelja> marshall - my feeling is that this is ready for working group hlast call
[08:38:41] <joelja> marshall - consensus for last call ? 10 hands
[08:38:59] <joelja> stig - we need to do due tests in the field in the next few months
[08:39:29] <joelja> david - issue last call and find out if people agree or not
[08:39:48] <joelja> dino - I don't know if there's any urgency before chicago
[08:40:02] <joelja> greg - interop test working out
[08:40:18] <joelja> marshall - this is not going ot go through in two weeks
[08:40:28] <joelja> dino - a little more work
[08:40:42] <joelja> marshall - you would prose waiting
[08:40:47] <joelja> dino - yeah
[08:41:15] <joelja> marshall - can't declare consensus if the implemntors don't have it
[08:41:50] <joelja> pekka savlola presnetinging
[08:41:55] <joelja> presenting
[08:42:03] <joelja> ad review issues
[08:43:14] --- hak has left: Replaced by new connection
[08:44:16] <joelja> divid - still the ops ad for two days - if yoiu're concerned about cross area review it's still up to you as to how to handle it
[08:47:12] <joelja> david kessens - again, what is obsolete?
[08:58:14] --- amy has joined
[09:02:34] --- Hans has joined
[09:05:28] --- dthaler has joined
[09:06:15] <Hans> names
[09:07:09] <joelja> marshall - if this is a gating thne this docuemnt will not appear this year
[09:07:26] <joelja> make the working non normative
[09:07:35] <joelja> david/marshall
[09:07:58] <Hans> names
[09:09:10] <joelja> david - it doesn't offer a solution for people with 32 bit as numbers. it's a gap fine
[09:11:31] <pk> david: 'you loose' is probably directing pressure towards the RIRs for handing out 16bit ASes and might come as a premier excuse ...
[09:11:49] <joelja> next presentation is update on AAA framework for multicasting
[09:13:50] <david kessens> peter: yes, but if we have to wait for a solution we will not be able to get this document out of the door in the next few years
[09:18:35] <joelja> lightweight igmpv3/mldv2 presentation
[09:29:21] --- amy has left
[09:34:52] --- amy has joined
[09:38:08] --- amy has left
[09:55:08] --- jpc has joined
[09:57:00] --- pk has left
[09:57:22] --- Hans has left
[09:58:26] --- Hans has joined
[10:00:52] --- Hans has left
[10:01:09] --- Hans has joined
[10:02:56] --- Hans has left
[10:11:04] --- david kessens has left
[10:12:15] --- dthaler has left
[10:32:45] --- woj has left
[13:46:25] --- jpc has left
[14:17:54] --- joelja has left: offline