IETF
mboned
mboned@jabber.ietf.org
Tuesday, March 12, 2013< ^ >
Peter Koch has set the subject to: mboned
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[19:06:17] leebingice joins the room
[19:14:06] farinacci joins the room
[19:16:57] Tina Tsou joins the room
[19:19:43] timc joins the room
[19:19:55] <timc> Hi all, session starting soon
[19:20:58] <farinacci> Can you guys mention that I will giving two multicast presentations in the LISP WG on Friday morning? The first is on multicast overlays and the second is on overlay replication engineering --- thanks
[19:24:46] <timc> will do
[19:24:54] Juan Pedro Cerezo joins the room
[19:24:55] <timc> just running through status of drafts
[19:26:59] <timc> on v4v6 draft slide
[19:28:38] <timc> basic question is if there's real use cases
[19:29:59] <timc> no evidence of use cases from ripe or nanog
[19:32:32] <timc> any comment tina?  it's your draft
[19:38:24] <farinacci> you can do what Ron said with overlays, so it could simpliy from 2 sets of translation to 1.
[19:40:05] <timc> will relay
[19:40:37] <Tina Tsou> It is receiver-network-source
[19:41:10] <timc> what is?
[19:41:52] <farinacci> the simpliest this can get is having a v4 source, run v4 in the source site, translate to v6 and send to v6-only receivers. If the core does not support v6 multicast, you have to overlay over IPv4 multicast
[19:42:06] <Tina Tsou> In Mboned, we say receiver-network-source, in softwire, we say source-network-receiver
[19:42:47] <Tina Tsou> Regarding the use cases, some people from DT, Orange, CT a
[19:43:11] <Tina Tsou> already speak up on the mic
[19:43:39] <Tina Tsou> In Atlanta
[19:43:39] <Tina Tsou> in Atlanta
[19:43:59] <timc> i think they want to see specific text on the cases tina
[19:44:22] <Tina Tsou> it is on this problem statement draft
[19:44:51] <timc> ok, i suggest you send something to the list, as the chairs, and ron/joel, don't see it yet
[19:45:34] <Tina Tsou> http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mboned-v4v6-mcast-ps/
[19:46:08] <timc> i think you should send an email to the list tina, and then the chairs/joel can clarify what they want
[19:46:28] <timc> looks like the wglc will resolve the issues
[19:46:45] <Tina Tsou>            IPv4-IPv6 Multicast: Problem Statement and Use Cases
                   draft-ietf-mboned-v4v6-mcast-ps-01
[19:47:31] <timc> yes, thats the text we're discussing, but they don't see evidence of the use cases being really needed
[19:47:59] <timc> but i think the lady from CT has stated one case here just now
[19:48:37] <Tina Tsou> as I said, operators spoke in Atlanta Mboned meeting on the mic
[19:48:49] <timc> joel is saying that if the use cases are real, the operators will be speaking to vendors, who should be providing solutions, which he would like to hear about
[19:49:01] <Tina Tsou> Axel and Med are not in Orlando this time
[19:49:44] <timc> so we'll go wglc and see what happens :)
[19:50:30] S73654-TX0FB16B913 joins the room
[19:52:57] <timc> so now on to the next agenda item
[19:53:15] <timc> draft-tarapore-mbone….
[19:53:48] <timc> on slide 2
[19:54:02] <timc> slide 3
[19:55:36] <timc> slide 4
[19:56:17] <timc> slide 5
[19:56:40] <timc> slide 6
[19:57:12] <timc> slide 7
[19:58:50] <timc> questions?
[20:04:14] <timc> topic closed
[20:04:23] <timc> next up is….
[20:04:43] <timc> Greg on draft-ietf-mboned-auto-multicast-14
[20:09:30] <timc> questions on congestion control in tunnels?
[20:13:02] <farinacci> this is what Van is trying to solve with NDN for unicast
[20:13:19] <farinacci> you must subscribe to get data, you "join objects"
[20:16:09] <farinacci> LISP is not tunneling, its dynamic encapsulation ;-)
[20:16:20] <farinacci> there is a subtle difference
[20:16:24] <timc> :P
[20:16:57] <farinacci> ;-)
[20:17:06] <timc> next slide… udp guidelines
[20:17:23] <farinacci> speak into mic please
[20:17:47] <farinacci> better, thanks
[20:18:00] <timc> he'd left the mic on the table...
[20:22:03] <timc> OK, Stig up now
[20:22:10] <timc> Some say....
[20:22:38] <timc> updates to ipv6 multicast addressing architecture
[20:22:40] <timc> on to slide 2
[20:23:38] <timc> slide 3
[20:23:44] Tina Tsou leaves the room
[20:25:11] <timc> slide 4
[20:26:34] <timc> slide 5
[20:28:42] <timc> slide 6
[20:32:33] <timc> questions?
[20:33:40] <timc> next topic
[20:34:03] <timc> Cathy Zhou
[20:34:17] <timc> multrans-path-optimization-03
[20:34:22] <timc> slide 2
[20:35:04] <timc> slide 3
[20:52:39] tim.chown@jabber.org joins the room
[20:53:20] <tim.chown@jabber.org> sorry jabber dropped… any questions?  session just closing
[20:53:27] leebingice leaves the room
[20:53:33] <farinacci> thanks a lot - signing off
[20:53:39] farinacci leaves the room
[20:54:10] tim.chown@jabber.org leaves the room
[21:20:37] Juan Pedro Cerezo leaves the room
[22:13:10] S73654-TX0FB16B913 leaves the room