IETF
mboned
mboned@jabber.ietf.org
Tuesday, July 17, 2018< ^ >
joel jaeggli has set the subject to: mboned and pim joint meeting IETF 97
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[17:10:34] meetecho joins the room
[17:17:22] uXFB87sD joins the room
[17:25:10] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[17:26:49] Natalie Landsberg joins the room
[17:27:05] Kerry Meyer joins the room
[17:28:12] Natalie Landsberg leaves the room
[17:28:12] Natalie Landsberg joins the room
[17:30:39] Jake Holland joins the room
[17:31:43] Lucas Pardue joins the room
[17:32:04] Dale Carder joins the room
[17:33:38] Kyle Rose joins the room
[17:33:56] Kyle Rose has set the subject to: mboned IETF 102
[17:36:32] <Kyle Rose> Prefix comments with "mic:" if you want me to relay.
[17:37:05] <Natalie Landsberg> Yes
[17:37:06] <Lucas Pardue> loud anc clear
[17:37:07] <Jake Holland> yes
[17:37:10] <Dale Carder> audio is good!
[17:42:44] craigt joins the room
[17:45:11] <Natalie Landsberg> mic is very quiet
[17:45:39] <Kyle Rose> That explains it
[17:45:40] <Kyle Rose> Better?
[17:45:40] <Natalie Landsberg> great
[17:45:44] <Jake Holland> much better
[17:45:48] <Kyle Rose> Mic was off.
[17:47:02] <Kyle Rose> go to slide 9
[17:48:21] <Kyle Rose> stig at mic.
[17:48:34] <Kyle Rose> go to slide 3
[17:49:49] <Kyle Rose> slide 4
[17:50:30] <Kyle Rose> slide 5
[17:53:56] <Kyle Rose> Stig at mic
[17:57:34] <Kyle Rose> Can you all hear Stig?
[17:57:39] <Kyle Rose> He's not talking directly into the mic
[17:57:41] <Jake Holland> yes, mostly
[17:57:43] <Kyle Rose> ok
[17:59:55] <Kyle Rose> Kerry, we can't hear you for some reason
[18:00:02] <Kyle Rose> Can you post the question here and I'll relay?
[18:00:07] <Kerry Meyer> Have I been granted the floor?
[18:00:10] <Kyle Rose> Yes.
[18:00:14] <Kerry Meyer> I had my hand raised.
[18:00:16] <Kyle Rose> Though Stig is back to talking
[18:00:25] <Kyle Rose> meetecho: we can't hear a remote attendee
[18:01:10] <meetecho> Kyle Rose: have you made sure you granted the floor? We didn'y see this in our monitors here
[18:01:25] <Kyle Rose> hmmm. ok. I'll check.
[18:01:25] <meetecho> We see Kerry still in queue
[18:01:39] <meetecho> You need to press the big red button to unmute him
[18:02:13] <Kerry Meyer> Please let me know when I'm unmuted
[18:02:17] <Kyle Rose> will do
[18:02:24] <meetecho> You can double check the status on the small laptop on the chairs desk, and on the 2dn screen in the room
[18:02:50] <Kyle Rose> you're ohn
[18:03:21] <Kyle Rose> Things look good. Layer 8 problem
[18:04:11] <Kyle Rose> Toerless at mic
[18:04:34] <Kyle Rose> Stig at mic
[18:06:57] <Kyle Rose> Toerless at mic
[18:07:45] <Kyle Rose> slide 6y
[18:07:46] <Kyle Rose> 6
[18:07:50] <Kyle Rose> slide 7
[18:08:57] <Kyle Rose> Stig at mic
[18:09:27] <Kyle Rose> slide 8
[18:09:31] <Kyle Rose> slide 9
[18:10:05] <Kyle Rose> moving on to draft-ief-mboned-dc-deploy-00
[18:11:31] <Kyle Rose> slide 2
[18:13:52] <Kyle Rose> Stig at mic
[18:15:10] <Kyle Rose> slide 3
[18:16:00] <Kyle Rose> moving on to draft-xie-mboned-bier-entropy-staged-dc-clos-00
[18:16:11] <Kyle Rose> i.e., draft-title-is-way-too-long-00
[18:16:28] <Lucas Pardue> :)
[18:16:51] <Kyle Rose> technical difficulties. Please stand by.
[18:17:02] <Jake Holland> there's a limit, actually. can't be too long, you can't post the draft.
[18:17:21] <Jake Holland> found that out when i tried to submit draft-jholland-mboned-asymmetric-manifest-based-integrity-00
[18:17:22] <Kyle Rose> It's still too long for me to type, because I'm lazy
[18:17:38] <Kyle Rose> slide 1
[18:18:15] <Kyle Rose> BIER: the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems
[18:19:26] <Kyle Rose> slide 2
[18:20:30] <Kyle Rose> Toerless at mic
[18:21:20] <Kyle Rose> Greg (hat off) at mic
[18:21:58] <Kyle Rose> Conversation between Toerless and Greg
[18:24:46] <Kyle Rose> slide 3
[18:25:28] <Kyle Rose> slide 4
[18:26:22] <Kyle Rose> Greg (hat off) at mic
[18:27:57] <Kyle Rose> slide 5
[18:28:01] <Kyle Rose> slide 6
[18:28:44] <Kyle Rose> Toerless at mic
[18:30:45] <Kyle Rose> Zhaohui at mic
[18:31:46] <Kyle Rose> Jingrong at mic
[18:31:50] <Kyle Rose> Zhaohui back at mic
[18:33:13] <Kyle Rose> Stig at mic
[18:33:56] <Kyle Rose> Toerless at mic
[18:33:58] <Kyle Rose> Stig at mic
[18:35:44] <Kyle Rose> up now: AMT Gateway Integrated with VLC
[18:35:50] <Kyle Rose> slide 1
[18:36:39] <Kyle Rose> slide 2
[18:37:30] <Kyle Rose> slide 3
[18:38:48] <Kyle Rose> Did everyone remote get garbled speech from Natalie?
[18:38:56] <Jake Holland> a little echoey
[18:39:01] <Jake Holland> still understandable
[18:39:04] <Kyle Rose> ok
[18:39:12] <Jake Holland> carry on :)
[18:39:34] <meetecho> Coming there to tinker with the mixer
[18:39:51] Simon Pietro Romano joins the room
[18:41:23] <Kyle Rose> slide 4
[18:42:32] <Kyle Rose> slide 5
[18:44:29] <Kyle Rose> slide 6
[18:46:15] <Kyle Rose> slide 7
[18:47:45] <Kyle Rose> slide 8
[18:49:19] <Kyle Rose> last slide
[18:50:10] <Kyle Rose> Greg (hat off) at mic
[18:51:07] <Kyle Rose> up now: draft-jholland-mboned-ambi
[18:51:23] <Kyle Rose> slide 1
[18:52:12] <Kyle Rose> slide 2
[18:53:13] <Kyle Rose> slide 3
[18:53:22] <Lucas Pardue> I see both
[18:53:25] <Dale Carder> I can see the slides fine.
[18:53:27] <Lucas Pardue> video of Jake and slides
[18:53:38] <Kyle Rose> Thanks for the feedback
[18:54:09] <Kyle Rose> slide 4
[18:54:54] <Lucas Pardue> ekr's link was http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.15.9895&rep=rep1&type=pdf
[18:55:13] <Kyle Rose> Yup. It addresses exactly the problem we are trying to solve.
[18:55:49] <Kyle Rose> slide 5
[18:57:19] <Kyle Rose> slide 6
[18:58:21] <Kyle Rose> slide 7
[18:59:02] <Kyle Rose> Someone needs to stop bittorrenting movies over the IETF uplink :-)
[18:59:57] <Kyle Rose> slide 8
[19:01:29] <Kyle Rose> slide 9
[19:02:03] <Lucas Pardue> what is msec?
[19:02:28] <Kyle Rose> slide 10
[19:03:31] <Kyle Rose> Greg (hat off) at mic
[19:06:35] <Kyle Rose> up now: draft-acg-mboned-deprecate-interdomain-asm-02
[19:06:39] <Kyle Rose> slide 1
[19:06:46] <Lucas Pardue> ftr: I like the idea of securing packets and AMBI satisfies that
[19:07:13] <Kyle Rose> slide 2
[19:07:48] <Kyle Rose> I think the idea behind AMBI is great. I like that there's actual research to base this on; I only wish I'd known before we spent a lot of time coming up with a scheme.
[19:09:10] <Jake Holland> we didn't spend that much time on a scheme. and at least we found out the first time we showed secdispatch.
[19:09:19] <Kyle Rose> true
[19:09:47] <Kyle Rose> I spent a bunch of time thinking about the Merkle tree stuff, which was reduced basically to a footnote in the paper Ekr passed on
[19:09:49] <Kyle Rose> slide 3
[19:10:23] <Jake Holland> don't worry, that time will be dwarfed by the standards process, if we're lucky.
[19:10:33] <Lucas Pardue> secdispatch raised protecting higher-level objects but I like that I can protect packets that contain metadata or lower-order information
[19:11:43] <Kyle Rose> slide 4
[19:12:29] <Kyle Rose> Agreed. I think there are a bunch of use-cases, but the ones relevant to AMBI are all some variant of live streaming (i.e., the entire object isn't known in advance)
[19:12:36] <Kyle Rose> That could include metadata.
[19:12:51] <Kyle Rose> slide 5
[19:14:29] <Kyle Rose> slide 6
[19:15:21] <Jake Holland> i have
[19:15:27] <Jake Holland> i support adoption
[19:15:31] <Kyle Rose> who supports adoption?
[19:19:07] <Kyle Rose> Anyone against adoption?
[19:19:19] <Kyle Rose> So far, the "vote" is 5-0.
[19:19:36] <Kyle Rose> Please comment on the list if you feel strongly one way or the other.
[19:19:48] <Kyle Rose> up now: Evolution of IGMP/MLD standards status
[19:19:48] <Kyle Rose> slide 1
[19:19:56] <Kyle Rose> slide 2
[19:21:31] <Kyle Rose> Stig at mic
[19:24:01] <Kyle Rose> Stig back at mic
[19:27:26] <Kyle Rose> slide 3
[19:28:57] <Kyle Rose> slide 4
[19:29:32] <Kyle Rose> slide 5
[19:29:59] Dale Carder leaves the room
[19:30:32] <Kyle Rose> This is cutting in my cookie time
[19:30:37] <Kyle Rose> Stig at mic
[19:30:41] <Kyle Rose> s/in/into/
[19:32:12] <Kyle Rose> I have to run in a sec. Meeting appears to be running over.
[19:32:33] <Kyle Rose> Zhaohui at mic
[19:33:31] <Jake Holland> k, thanks. i think you filled your community service hours, and they don't even have a police force, they said...
[19:33:55] <Jake Holland> we can hear ok and raise hand if necessary.
[19:34:19] <Kyle Rose> heh. Ok. See you all!
[19:34:21] Kyle Rose leaves the room
[19:34:29] <Lucas Pardue> bb
[19:38:26] meetecho leaves the room
[19:38:35] Jake Holland leaves the room
[19:38:35] Simon Pietro Romano leaves the room
[19:38:35] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[19:38:35] Kerry Meyer leaves the room
[19:38:35] Natalie Landsberg leaves the room
[19:38:35] Lucas Pardue leaves the room
[19:41:31] craigt leaves the room
[19:51:49] craigt joins the room
[22:31:54] craigt leaves the room
[22:39:46] craigt joins the room
[22:51:48] craigt leaves the room: Disconnected: Replaced by new connection
[22:51:48] craigt joins the room
[22:59:03] craigt leaves the room: Disconnected: Replaced by new connection
[22:59:05] craigt joins the room
[23:04:54] craigt leaves the room
Powered by ejabberd - robust, scalable and extensible XMPP server Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!