IETF
mile@jabber.ietf.org
Monday, November 2, 2015< ^ >
alexey.melnikov has set the subject to: MILE, IETF 91, Honolulu
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[03:41:47] cinacio@swissjabber.eu joins the room
[03:42:16] <cinacio@swissjabber.eu> /subject MILE, IETF-94, Yokohama
[03:45:01] Meetecho joins the room
[03:47:40] Pavel Kácha joins the room
[03:52:51] Adam Montville joins the room
[03:53:23] Kathleen Moriarty joins the room
[03:56:08] Pavel Kacha joins the room
[03:58:45] Takeshi Takahashi joins the room
[03:59:50] Kathleen Moriarty_7086 joins the room
[04:00:25] <cinacio@swissjabber.eu> I'll be your jabber scribe for today - if you want to mic anything, just yell.
[04:00:53] <Meetecho> just as a FYI for remote attendees, if you have any issue with remote audio or video, just mention us and we'll be automatically alerted so that we can look into it
[04:04:14] sftcd joins the room
[04:05:27] <Kathleen Moriarty> Thanks, it's good so far!
[04:06:16] <Meetecho> to people in the room: please don't move the webcam manually :)
[04:06:20] <Meetecho> we can control it remotely from here
[04:06:31] <Meetecho> just yell at us if we're pointing nowhere :D
[04:08:17] David Waltermire joins the room
[04:11:08] David Waltermire leaves the room
[04:11:37] David Waltermire joins the room
[04:12:01] Naoki Kambe joins the room
[04:12:04] <Kathleen Moriarty> mic: was it an implementer?
[04:12:48] <Kathleen Moriarty> thanks
[04:13:05] Naoki Kambe leaves the room
[04:14:40] Pavel Kácha leaves the room
[04:15:32] <Kathleen Moriarty> mic: it would be fine to extend this a week since it came up to an IETF week
[04:15:41] <Kathleen Moriarty> don't have to mic it
[04:15:49] <Kathleen Moriarty> chairs got it covered
[04:16:03] <cinacio@swissjabber.eu> <okay>
[04:16:12] <Kathleen Moriarty> thanks :-)
[04:25:05] Pavel Kácha joins the room
[04:26:32] John Field joins the room
[04:30:46] <Pavel Kácha> several thousands, in fact :)
[04:31:14] <cinacio@swissjabber.eu> per minute, hour, ?
[04:31:35] <Pavel Kacha> in a second, really
[04:32:42] <Pavel Kacha> around 1200 events/sec on our exchange system
[04:32:58] <cinacio@swissjabber.eu> that's a pretty significant load
[04:33:14] <Pavel Kacha> sure
[04:37:36] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[04:38:09] <Lorenzo Miniero> hi there John, everything fine? are you getting audio, video and slides just fine?
[04:38:13] Simon Romano joins the room
[04:42:20] <John Field> yes.  I am all set.  we'll find out if you can hear me when it is time for me to unmute.
[04:42:48] <Lorenzo Miniero> (y)
[04:53:06] David Waltermire leaves the room
[04:55:12] <Lorenzo Miniero> chairs, just show the slides on the beamer
[04:55:39] <Lorenzo Miniero> or otherwise the beamer feed goes in a loop
[04:56:18] Gihan Dias joins the room
[04:57:47] <John Field> slides sent on email
[04:57:59] David Waltermire joins the room
[05:13:28] <Kathleen Moriarty> This is exactly why I think this is a better fit for MILE
[05:13:41] <Kathleen Moriarty> MIC: the above in response to Chris
[05:14:38] <Kathleen Moriarty> XMPP grid is easy to set up between organizations and it's usually used that way as it supports federation
[05:15:26] <Kathleen Moriarty> agreed
[05:15:30] <cinacio@swissjabber.eu> still say it?
[05:15:30] <Kathleen Moriarty> with Joe
[05:17:06] Simon Romano leaves the room
[05:24:03] Simon Romano joins the room
[05:27:31] <David Waltermire> BTW, there is an old expired I/D on integrating XMPP and ATOMPub. https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-saintandre-atompub-notify/
[05:28:39] <David Waltermire> I taked with Peter about this about 2 years ago and he said he would be happy to see this draft resurrected
[05:29:01] cejkat joins the room
[05:29:10] <David Waltermire> If there is a desire to implement that is
[05:31:10] <Kathleen Moriarty> mic: I'm curious if implementers of RESTful interfaces in t his space have interest in ROLIE.  Lots of products for exchanging incident and indicator information support REST, but haven't done it in a standardized way.
[05:31:29] <Kathleen Moriarty> No hat on the last one
[05:32:11] <Kathleen Moriarty> I don't know if any are in the room, I suspect not.  Thanks
[05:32:38] <cinacio@swissjabber.eu> probably not; at least nothing current - ours is dead and buried.
[05:33:51] <Kathleen Moriarty> OK, Bruce Schneier's product uses RESTful interfaces and a fe other do too
[05:34:04] <Kathleen Moriarty> s/fe/few/
[05:34:52] <David Waltermire> We are interested in exposing vulnerability info through the NVD using ATOMPub. We are not a CSIRT use case, but the abilitity to discover entries using a syndacation format is attractive.
[05:35:15] <Kathleen Moriarty> OK, GTK
[05:35:23] <Kathleen Moriarty> Can't hear Take
[05:35:38] <David Waltermire> We are also considering extending this to SCAP data and a few other use cases.
[05:36:01] <Kathleen Moriarty> All the transports should be format independent IMO
[05:36:07] <cinacio@swissjabber.eu> introducing new speaker…
[05:36:38] <cinacio@swissjabber.eu> (who I don't know)
[05:37:40] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[05:37:44] <David Waltermire> Yeah. A big problem with ROLIE is it requires IODEF as MTI. The NVD would not have a need to impliment IODEF in our case.
[05:39:27] Gihan Dias leaves the room
[05:40:09] Gihan Dias joins the room
[05:40:20] <John Field> OK, GTK.
[05:42:54] Gihan Dias leaves the room
[05:47:09] <John Field> Thanks for the demo that was great to see!
[05:48:23] <Kathleen Moriarty> David: Give your feedback on the list and maybe that can be changed.
[05:49:29] <David Waltermire> ok. Thanks. That would also open the door for ROLIE being used in SACM.
[05:49:53] <Kathleen Moriarty> yep
[05:50:57] cejkat leaves the room
[05:50:58] cejkat joins the room
[05:51:12] <Pavel Kacha> The differences are already on our draft
[05:51:30] <Kathleen Moriarty> do you want that said at the mic?
[05:51:31] <cinacio@swissjabber.eu> I'll mic that
[05:51:35] <Kathleen Moriarty> :-)
[05:52:16] Kaoru Maeda joins the room
[05:52:24] <John Field> +1 to Dave's comment on rationalizing JSON and XML.  
[05:53:57] <cinacio@swissjabber.eu> pavel, we can't find the "differences" section.  Can you help point out the section?
[05:54:59] <Pavel Kácha> Starting with section three (what is missing...), I believe
[05:55:09] Adam Montville leaves the room
[05:57:21] <Pavel Kácha> To clarify things - we are here with Idea because there was an interest from MILE community, Idea is already implemented, so we just offer that as a starting point
[05:57:39] Takeshi Takahashi leaves the room
[05:57:43] <John Field> thx. bye.
[05:57:47] Meetecho leaves the room
[05:57:57] John Field leaves the room
[05:59:17] <Kathleen Moriarty> Thank you, Pavel.  This is very helpful and was a good presentation.
[05:59:34] Kaoru Maeda leaves the room
[05:59:49] cejkat leaves the room
[05:59:52] David Waltermire leaves the room
[06:01:03] Kathleen Moriarty_7086 leaves the room
[06:01:20] Pavel Kacha leaves the room
[06:01:24] cinacio@swissjabber.eu leaves the room
[06:01:28] Kathleen Moriarty leaves the room
[06:02:03] Pavel Kácha leaves the room
[06:03:46] Simon Romano leaves the room
[06:15:52] sftcd leaves the room
[06:16:56] sftcd joins the room
[06:24:09] sftcd joins the room
[06:26:19] sftcd leaves the room
[06:28:31] sftcd leaves the room
[07:59:05] Kaoru Maeda joins the room
[09:00:55] Kaoru Maeda leaves the room
[09:01:00] Kaoru Maeda joins the room
[09:01:05] Kaoru Maeda leaves the room
[22:57:30] Kathleen Moriarty joins the room
[23:50:52] Kaoru Maeda joins the room
[23:51:38] Kathleen Moriarty leaves the room
[23:54:55] Kaoru Maeda leaves the room