IETF
mmusic
mmusic@jabber.ietf.org
Friday, November 14, 2014< ^ >
oej (Jabber scribe) has set the subject to: mmusic (Agenda: http://tools.ietf.org/wg/mmusic/agenda )
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[00:00:16] hta leaves the room
[05:41:37] tobia castaldi joins the room
[05:45:35] <tobia castaldi> test
[05:45:42] PAolo savaia joins the room
[05:45:53] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[05:46:08] PAolo savaia leaves the room
[05:46:29] Palo Alto joins the room
[05:48:09] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[05:48:29] tobia castaldi leaves the room
[05:49:37] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[05:50:37] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[06:29:51] Palo Alto leaves the room
[06:30:42] Paolo Saviano joins the room
[06:33:35] Paolo Saviano leaves the room
[06:36:37] Paolo Saviano joins the room
[06:44:22] Paolo Saviano leaves the room
[18:57:34] Jonathan Lennox joins the room
[18:58:40] lminiero joins the room
[19:01:58] csp joins the room
[19:02:02] <Jonathan Lennox> I will be Jabber relay, though as yet it's not relevant.
[19:02:08] <Jonathan Lennox> Oh, hi Colin!  It is relevant!
[19:02:22] <csp> Hi Jonathan…
[19:02:23] Emil Ivov joins the room
[19:02:39] <Jonathan Lennox> Hi Emil, I'm Jabber relay.  Usual protocol.
[19:02:58] <Emil Ivov> Hey Jonathan, thank you for doing this!
[19:03:11] <Emil Ivov> mic: Jonathan is the best Jabber relay in the world
[19:03:55] <Emil Ivov> the above was a joke but the following isn't
[19:03:57] Jonathan Lennox declines to relay that as the the part of the meeting where we're discussing Jabber relays has passed. :-)
[19:04:05] <Emil Ivov> (well not a joke but not for the mike really)
[19:04:33] <Emil Ivov> video and slide feed seems broken
[19:04:36] <Emil Ivov> audio and jabber are fine
[19:04:40] <Jonathan Lennox> Christer Holmberg at the mic
[19:04:46] <Emil Ivov> video seems to be relaying a  different room
[19:05:37] Emil Ivov leaves the room
[19:06:00] Emil Ivov joins the room
[19:06:17] <lminiero> Emil Ivov: let me check
[19:06:20] <Jonathan Lennox> I'm e-mailing the Meetecho support.
[19:06:25] <Jonathan Lennox> Oh, Lorenzo has it
[19:06:28] <lminiero> Jonathan Lennox: no need I'm here :)
[19:06:42] <lminiero> is this the slides feed or the room one?
[19:06:56] <Emil Ivov> no
[19:07:00] <Emil Ivov> doesn't seem like it
[19:07:10] <Emil Ivov> actually now video stopped slides started showing
[19:07:13] <Emil Ivov> but wrong ones
[19:07:30] <Emil Ivov> network coding rg activities
[19:07:37] <Emil Ivov> is what they were showing
[19:08:35] <lminiero> nope, it looks like we used the wrong event
[19:08:36] <lminiero> give me a sec
[19:09:12] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[19:09:30] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[19:10:30] <lminiero> Emil Ivov: while we fix, check this http://conf.meetecho.com/video/?s=coral-5&r=mmusic&c=8891139
[19:10:37] <lminiero> this displays the right slide deck
[19:10:42] nnn mm joins the room
[19:10:57] <Emil Ivov> thanks!
[19:13:41] Parthasarathi Ravindran joins the room
[19:16:23] nnn mm leaves the room
[19:17:42] <Emil Ivov> mic: there is work to do for ICE usage by all signalling protocols anyway. Adding an extra indication there doesn't sound like a big deal
[19:18:40] <Jonathan Lennox> in queue
[19:19:16] <Emil Ivov> mic: to keith: 5245 defines this as a sip workaround. it is very clear.
[19:19:52] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[19:19:55] <Emil Ivov> mic: sip this is the only reason it was defined and the only reason it exists
[19:20:01] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[19:20:02] tob cast joins the room
[19:20:25] <lminiero> for those on Meetecho, can you try rejoining? there was a mixup with the events name, when you get in again you get the right room
[19:20:28] <lminiero> sorry about that
[19:20:35] Margaret Livingston joins the room
[19:20:36] tob cast leaves the room
[19:20:49] Parthasarathi Ravindran leaves the room
[19:21:42] Emil Ivov leaves the room
[19:21:45] Emil Ivov joins the room
[19:21:56] <lminiero> Emil Ivov: working now?
[19:22:06] <Emil Ivov> yup! looks good! Thanks Lorenzo!
[19:22:10] <lminiero> cool :)
[19:22:12] Parthasarathi Ravindran joins the room
[19:24:40] hta joins the room
[19:27:11] Parthasarathi Ravindran leaves the room
[19:27:40] <Emil Ivov> mic: Keith: there is also the matter of what SDP was designed for. The IETF has imposed it on WebRTC so it now needs to start behaving as a generic mechanism and not impose on other protocols things they don't need. I am sure all the brain power in the IETF would figure a smart way of indicating this with SIP
[19:28:01] <Jonathan Lennox> in queue
[19:28:03] Parthasarathi Ravindran joins the room
[19:28:07] <Emil Ivov> thanks!
[19:28:15] Margaret Livingston leaves the room
[19:28:47] Margaret Livingston joins the room
[19:28:58] <Emil Ivov> mic: could we move on ... ? it sounds like we are redoing the debate from last time. We have continuous nomination to discuss and that sounds like a much more important change
[19:33:05] <hta> "If this is negotiated and depends on the things in the middle, perhaps the parts in the middle should be part of the negotiation".....  well said!
[19:35:11] Parthasarathi Ravindran leaves the room
[19:35:56] Parthasarathi Ravindran joins the room
[19:38:32] Parthasarathi Ravindran leaves the room
[19:38:55] <Emil Ivov> mic:+1. aggressive nomination seems to have been designed as a redundant mechanism right from the start in  5245. it's a contradiction and needs to be fixed in bis.
[19:46:04] Margaret Livingston leaves the room
[19:48:10] <Emil Ivov> +1 for adoption
[19:54:26] <hta> "Teredo must die"?
[19:54:46] Mikko Lehto joins the room
[20:05:41] <csp> Mic: to clarify, each simulcast alternative is sent using a different SSRC?
[20:07:50] <csp> e.g., the SSRC sending payload type X is a simulcast alternative of the (different) SSRC sending payload type Y?
[20:08:44] <csp> thanks
[20:09:18] Jonathan Lennox leaves the room
[20:09:30] Jonathan Lennox joins the room
[20:10:59] <Emil Ivov> oh ... my head started hurting after paul's comment
[20:18:56] <Emil Ivov> mic: clarifying? how many ssrc-s (i.e., different participants) can be received on the same payload type?
[20:19:58] <Emil Ivov> 1 or any number?
[20:20:50] <Emil Ivov> mic: does this put an upper cap on the number of people you can see in a conference?
[20:21:02] <Emil Ivov> or do you handle higher numbers with renegotiation?
[20:21:49] <Emil Ivov> but ... you said 1 ssrc
[20:21:55] <Emil Ivov> are you assuming overwriting?
[20:22:18] <Jonathan Lennox> Emil: one (primary) ssrc per pt per mid
[20:22:30] <Jonathan Lennox> Different mids can repeat pts with different ssrcs
[20:22:37] <Emil Ivov> ok got it
[20:22:46] <Emil Ivov> thanks for clarifying
[20:24:48] <Emil Ivov> offmic: jonathan how is the mid extension going by the way? is it nearly done?
[20:25:39] <Jonathan Lennox> I need to write up language for moving ssrcs between mids
[20:26:04] <Emil Ivov> is that ending up in bundle finally? or a separate spec?
[20:26:48] <Jonathan Lennox> I think bundle will have its own but AVTEXT is pursuing a generalization. BUNDLE didn't want to be dependent on AVTEXT's work
[20:30:06] <Emil Ivov> +1 for WG ITEM
[20:30:13] <csp> +1 for WG item
[20:30:50] <Emil Ivov> +1 for adopting Bo's draft
[21:04:49] <csp> Mic: it’s easy to misunderstand how to use different payload types within a single RTP stream. If we decide to support this, the draft will need to include an example showing exactly how this works.
[21:32:19] Jonathan Lennox leaves the room
[21:32:38] Emil Ivov leaves the room
[21:33:05] hta leaves the room
[21:34:12] lminiero leaves the room
[21:40:28] csp leaves the room
[21:44:21] Jonathan Lennox joins the room
[21:45:50] Jonathan Lennox leaves the room
[22:23:13] hta joins the room
[23:15:39] hta leaves the room
Powered by ejabberd Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!