IETF
modern@jabber.ietf.org
Wednesday, July 20, 2016< ^ >
DanYork has set the subject to: Modern WG
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[11:37:54] Meetecho joins the room
[11:55:13] Andy Gallant joins the room
[11:57:16] Andy Gallant leaves the room
[11:58:18] Olle E. Johansson at IETF Berlin (GMT+1 DST) joins the room
[11:58:34] Paul Kyzivat joins the room
[11:59:25] <Olle E. Johansson at IETF Berlin (GMT+1 DST)> Welcome to Modern! I will be your jabber scribe during this session
[11:59:55] Erik Chuss joins the room
[11:59:59] <Olle E. Johansson at IETF Berlin (GMT+1 DST)> The Note Well applies to remote participation too - read it through here  https://www.ietf.org/about/note-well.html
[11:59:59] Andy Gallant joins the room
[12:00:03] Sean Turner joins the room
[12:00:22] Eric Burger joins the room
[12:00:45] <Eric Burger> Thanks Olle
[12:00:45] ken carlberg joins the room
[12:00:53] <Olle E. Johansson at IETF Berlin (GMT+1 DST)> Charter for this wg: https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/modern/charter/
[12:01:09] John Braunberger joins the room
[12:01:18] <Olle E. Johansson at IETF Berlin (GMT+1 DST)> Agenda for today's meeting: https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/96/agenda/agenda-96-modern
[12:01:56] <Olle E. Johansson at IETF Berlin (GMT+1 DST)> Slides are available at https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/96/session/modern/
[12:02:38] <Olle E. Johansson at IETF Berlin (GMT+1 DST)> Slide note well
[12:02:38] Alissa Cooper joins the room
[12:02:46] <Olle E. Johansson at IETF Berlin (GMT+1 DST)> Do you hear everything remotely?
[12:03:04] <Eric Burger> Better now
[12:03:11] <Sean Turner> I can hear just fine
[12:03:21] <Olle E. Johansson at IETF Berlin (GMT+1 DST)> (Had to remind chairs)
[12:03:39] Andrew Hutton joins the room
[12:03:59] <Olle E. Johansson at IETF Berlin (GMT+1 DST)> Jon Peterson taking the stage for some singing and dancing
[12:04:14] <Olle E. Johansson at IETF Berlin (GMT+1 DST)> Slide set - draft-ietf-modern-problem-framework
[12:04:17] <Olle E. Johansson at IETF Berlin (GMT+1 DST)> Slide 1
[12:04:27] <Olle E. Johansson at IETF Berlin (GMT+1 DST)> (Note: no slide numbers on the slides)
[12:04:27] Natalie McNamer joins the room
[12:04:43] p m joins the room
[12:06:18] <Eric Burger> Jon mischaracterizes Pierce - as he backed off. However, the dead horse has putrified.
[12:06:19] <Olle E. Johansson at IETF Berlin (GMT+1 DST)> Richard Shockey talking
[12:06:27] <Eric Burger> ^he^ = Pierce
[12:06:59] <Olle E. Johansson at IETF Berlin (GMT+1 DST)> Richard Shockey again
[12:07:37] <Olle E. Johansson at IETF Berlin (GMT+1 DST)> Alissa Cooper (AD) coming up soon
[12:09:52] <Olle E. Johansson at IETF Berlin (GMT+1 DST)> ** If you want to participate in the conversation, use Meetecho or prefix your statement with "mic:"
[12:10:40] <Olle E. Johansson at IETF Berlin (GMT+1 DST)> Alissa Cooper - aD - speaking
[12:13:11] <Olle E. Johansson at IETF Berlin (GMT+1 DST)> Richard and Alissa discussing
[12:14:34] Jonathan Lennox joins the room
[12:15:56] Andrew Hutton leaves the room
[12:16:27] Andrew Hutton joins the room
[12:16:56] <Olle E. Johansson at IETF Berlin (GMT+1 DST)> The charter that is being discussed can be found here https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/modern/charter/
[12:18:25] <Olle E. Johansson at IETF Berlin (GMT+1 DST)> Alissa Cooper speaking
[12:18:34] <Olle E. Johansson at IETF Berlin (GMT+1 DST)> Jon speaking now
[12:18:55] <Olle E. Johansson at IETF Berlin (GMT+1 DST)> Slide: draft-peterson-modern-teri
[12:19:24] <Olle E. Johansson at IETF Berlin (GMT+1 DST)> Document https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-peterson-modern-teri/
[12:19:57] <Olle E. Johansson at IETF Berlin (GMT+1 DST)> ** Slide: "What is TeRI"
[12:22:51] <Olle E. Johansson at IETF Berlin (GMT+1 DST)> ** Slide: "The TeRI Interfaces"
[12:23:57] <Olle E. Johansson at IETF Berlin (GMT+1 DST)> ** Slide: "Operations and records"
[12:24:55] <Olle E. Johansson at IETF Berlin (GMT+1 DST)> ** Slide: "TeRI Records"
[12:25:47] <Olle E. Johansson at IETF Berlin (GMT+1 DST)> ** Slide: "Roles of MODERN actors"
[12:27:10] <Olle E. Johansson at IETF Berlin (GMT+1 DST)> Richard Shockey speaking
[12:29:30] Olle E. Johansson at IETF Berlin (GMT+1 DST) is now known as oej SCRIBE
[12:29:39] <oej SCRIBE> Jon Peterson speaking again
[12:31:11] <oej SCRIBE> Richard Shockey speaking
[12:31:32] <oej SCRIBE> Chris Wendt speaking
[12:33:53] <oej SCRIBE> Alissa Cooper speaking
[12:34:57] <oej SCRIBE> ** Slide: Records: Think SCRUD
[12:35:43] Rafael Roque joins the room
[12:36:30] <oej SCRIBE> ** Slide: "The Acquisition Operation"
[12:37:00] <oej SCRIBE> ** Slide: "The management operation"
[12:37:32] Rafael Roque leaves the room
[12:37:40] <oej SCRIBE> ** Slide "The retrieval operation"
[12:37:47] <oej SCRIBE> ** Slide: "TeRI record contents"
[12:38:41] <oej SCRIBE> ** Slide: "TeRI Record Element types"
[12:40:10] <oej SCRIBE> "This is a working group" - Jon
[12:41:12] <Eric Burger> Let the minutes show Jon begged Rich to help :p
[12:41:33] <oej SCRIBE> Chris Wendt speaking
[12:41:58] <oej SCRIBE> "there are … you know…" - Jon
[12:42:06] <oej SCRIBE> ** Slide. Transport and Encoding?
[12:42:50] <oej SCRIBE> ** Slide: Next Steps
[12:43:12] <oej SCRIBE> "There has not been much discussion about this. Let's be frank - there has been none" - Jon
[12:43:30] <Eric Burger> No discussion means no interest?
[12:43:38] <oej SCRIBE> Good question, Eric
[12:44:09] <oej SCRIBE> ** REminder: If you want to participate use Meetecho (works great) or prefix a statement with "mic:" and I'll relay
[12:44:23] <oej SCRIBE> (I'll relay in broken swenglish btw, so use Meetecho)
[12:44:34] <oej SCRIBE> Bobby Flaim speaking
[12:46:13] <oej SCRIBE> We see you Eric
[12:46:18] <Eric Burger> thanks
[12:46:23] <oej SCRIBE> Richard Shockey speaking
[12:46:59] <oej SCRIBE> ** You are in position two as a blur pacman ghost. Please stay on hold while Richard is speaking.
[12:48:20] <oej SCRIBE> ** You are still on hold in the queue.
[12:48:26] Simon Pietro Romano joins the room
[12:48:54] <oej SCRIBE> Eric Burger speaking
[12:48:57] <oej SCRIBE> Please repeat
[12:49:46] <oej SCRIBE> Brian Rosen waiting by the mic
[12:53:44] <oej SCRIBE> Chris Wendt in the front
[12:53:56] <oej SCRIBE> *** Slide "Overview"
[12:54:01] <oej SCRIBE> In the DRIP slide set
[12:54:52] <oej SCRIBE> Hmm. Do we have the need of a transparency log-like thingy so we can track changes?
[12:56:15] <oej SCRIBE> ** Slide: Differences from existing implementation
[12:56:22] <oej SCRIBE> (sorry, missed one change while thinking)
[12:56:37] <oej SCRIBE> Scribes shall not think while scribing :-)
[12:57:31] <oej SCRIBE> ** Slide: Updates for 01
[13:00:46] <oej SCRIBE> Eric: Your are on?
[13:00:49] <oej SCRIBE> ok
[13:01:02] <Simon Pietro Romano> Thanks God!
[13:01:09] <oej SCRIBE> "I just had a stupid crazy idea" - Eric Burger
[13:01:13] <Simon Pietro Romano> The power of the headset :-)
[13:02:14] <oej SCRIBE> That's what I meant with a transparency-like thing earlier, Eric :-)
[13:02:21] <oej SCRIBE> Cullen Jennings speaking
[13:03:17] <oej SCRIBE> Tom McGerry from floor mic (no chair hat)
[13:03:34] <oej SCRIBE> McGarry
[13:04:51] <oej SCRIBE> Jon Peterson speaking
[13:06:14] <oej SCRIBE> Apart from delegation in Sweden we have a "activated" and "passive" flag for number ranges
[13:06:25] <oej SCRIBE> Takes months to activate new numbers everywhere
[13:07:00] <oej SCRIBE> Being able to follow a shared transparency log would be a good thing for speeding up activation of newly assigned numbers…
[13:07:16] <oej SCRIBE> Chris and JOn discussing ...
[13:07:55] <oej SCRIBE> Tom McGarry again from floor (no chair hat)
[13:09:13] <oej SCRIBE> Chairs trying to find out what's next on the agenda
[13:09:30] <oej SCRIBE> Conclusion: Time for general discussion.
[13:09:48] <oej SCRIBE> "The list is a very lonely place right now" - chairs
[13:10:32] <oej SCRIBE> Alissa Cooper speaking
[13:10:59] <Eric Burger> Reminder: nothing = no interest, not no problems
[13:11:19] <oej SCRIBE> Ack
[13:11:43] <oej SCRIBE> Jon Peterson speaking
[13:12:36] <oej SCRIBE> "It is very abstract, intentionally so" - Jon
[13:12:49] <oej SCRIBE> Chris Wendt speaking
[13:13:07] <oej SCRIBE> Jon Peterson speaking
[13:15:24] <oej SCRIBE> Chris Wendt speaking again
[13:16:20] <oej SCRIBE> Chris Wendt again
[13:16:29] <oej SCRIBE> Richard Shockey
[13:16:41] <oej SCRIBE> "It would be a waste of time" - Richard
[13:16:58] <oej SCRIBE> Richard begging Jon - for the notes
[13:17:06] <Eric Burger> But how does Rich really feel?
[13:17:14] <oej SCRIBE> Jon Peterson dancing to the mic
[13:17:27] <oej SCRIBE> Richard again
[13:18:08] <oej SCRIBE> Scribe fails to investigate Richard inner feelings. Sorry for the inconvience
[13:18:48] <oej SCRIBE> Jon speaking again
[13:20:00] <oej SCRIBE> Richard speaking
[13:20:18] <oej SCRIBE> They are very open about screwing up work-groups - drinks and speermint and...
[13:20:23] <oej SCRIBE> <fill in wg name here>
[13:20:59] <oej SCRIBE> Richard again
[13:22:03] <oej SCRIBE> It's a Jon a Richard dance. I'll notify you if other speakers join in.
[13:22:27] <oej SCRIBE> "I know you hate philosophical points" - Jon to Richard
[13:23:06] Jonathan Lennox leaves the room
[13:23:56] <oej SCRIBE> "You are actually correct. " - Richard
[13:24:46] <oej SCRIBE> "A reasonable laser focus on one use case…" - Richard
[13:25:21] <oej SCRIBE> Jon making an offer to Richard
[13:26:03] <oej SCRIBE> Richard interrupting
[13:26:15] <oej SCRIBE> Richard waving hands
[13:26:43] <oej SCRIBE> It seems like we can reach a conclusion here.
[13:26:49] <oej SCRIBE> Martin Dolly speaking
[13:27:10] <oej SCRIBE> (with no name tag. Tss tss)
[13:28:01] <oej SCRIBE> It's a global world
[13:28:10] <oej SCRIBE> Jon Peterson speaking
[13:28:22] <oej SCRIBE> Richard speaking (being lured to the mic)
[13:28:57] <oej SCRIBE> Chris Wendt speaking
[13:29:10] <oej SCRIBE> "Should we wait for the chicken or the egg" ? - Chris
[13:29:30] <oej SCRIBE> Jon speaking
[13:30:38] <oej SCRIBE> Richard back speaking
[13:30:51] <oej SCRIBE> "not signing a blood-oath" - Jon
[13:32:23] <oej SCRIBE> Alissa Cooper speaking
[13:33:19] <oej SCRIBE> "If you are waiting for Richard to help you write something, that's not a good plan" - Cullen to Jon
[13:34:03] <Eric Burger> :D
[13:34:12] <Eric Burger> thanks again olle!
[13:34:13] <oej SCRIBE> We are out of time and close the meeting
[13:34:18] <oej SCRIBE> You're welcome Eric
[13:34:22] Eric Burger leaves the room
[13:34:24] Andy Gallant leaves the room
[13:34:26] <oej SCRIBE> Thank you all for participating!
[13:34:32] oej SCRIBE leaves the room
[13:35:10] Paul Kyzivat leaves the room
[13:35:14] John Braunberger leaves the room
[13:35:25] Simon Pietro Romano leaves the room
[13:35:25] Natalie McNamer leaves the room
[13:35:25] Sean Turner leaves the room
[13:35:26] Andrew Hutton leaves the room
[13:39:40] Meetecho leaves the room
[13:41:45] Olle E. Johansson at IETF Berlin (GMT+1 DST) joins the room
[13:41:50] Olle E. Johansson at IETF Berlin (GMT+1 DST) leaves the room
[13:44:09] Jonathan Lennox joins the room
[13:48:15] Jonathan Lennox leaves the room
[13:49:36] Alissa Cooper leaves the room
[13:59:14] Alissa Cooper joins the room
[14:52:36] Alissa Cooper leaves the room
[15:07:18] Alissa Cooper joins the room
[15:32:06] Alissa Cooper leaves the room
[15:51:58] Alissa Cooper joins the room
[17:58:07] Alissa Cooper leaves the room
[20:20:16] Alissa Cooper joins the room
[22:16:38] Alissa Cooper leaves the room
Powered by ejabberd - robust, scalable and extensible XMPP server Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!